Kunal Kapoor Profile, Bio, Height, Affair, Age, Family, Wiki
Kunal Kapoor (born 26 June 1959), son of the late actors Shashi Kapoor and Jennifer Kendal, is an Indian film actor who made his debut with the 1972 English-language film Siddhartha, later acted in Shyam Benegal’s Junoon and in his first mainstream Bollywood film, Ahista, opposite Padmini Kolhapure as well as Vijeta. He also acted in the art films Utsav (1984) and Trikal (1985). In 1987, he stopped acting after Trikal to set up his own company, Ad film-Valas, to producing and direct television commercials.
Ad film Valas has also line-produced for many international feature films and ad films shot in India. Notably, the credit sequence of the film City of Joy, and the French films Le Cactus (2005) and Fire in Paradise. In 2015, he returned to films after 30 years, appearing in Singh is Bling as Amy Jackson’s father.
Kunal Kapoor Family
Kunal Kapoor was born into the famous first family of Bollywood, the Kapoor family, the eldest child of Shashi Kapoor and his British theater-actress wife Jennifer Kapoor.
His paternal grandfather, Prithviraj Kapoor, was a doyen of the theatre, a pioneer of the Indian film industry and the progenitor of the famous Kapoor family. His maternal grandfather, Geoffrey Kendal, was a British theatre personality. Kapoor’s mother, Jennifer, died of cancer in 1984, while his father, Shashi Kapoor, died in December 2017.
Kapoor’s siblings are Karan Kapoor (b. 18 January 1962) and Sanjana Kapoor (b. 27 November 1967). Karan, a popular model who also worked in a few films in the 1980s, now runs a photography business in the UK. Sanjana Kapoor runs the ancestral Prithvi Theatre and is married to Valmik Thapar, a noted conservationist.
Kunal was married to filmmaker Ramesh Sippy’s daughter Sheena, who is a well-known photographer. They had two children together, a son named Zahan Prithviraj Kapoor, and a daughter named Shaira Kapoor. Kunal and Sheena are now divorced.
He belongs to the Kapoor dynasty of Bollywood and is one of the three children of Shashi Kapoor, a famous Indian actor. His siblings Karan Kapoor and Sanjana Kapoor are also renowned actors in the Indian cinema. He married Sheena Sippy who is the daughter of the well-known filmmaker Ramesh Sippy. The couple is blessed with two children Zahan and Shaira. However, they ended their marriage in the year 2004.
Father- Late Shashi Kapoor (Actor)
Mother- Late Jennifer Kendal (Actress)
Brother- Karan Kapoor (Photographer)
Sister- Sanjana Kapoor (Former Actress & Founder of Junoon theatre company)
Kunal Kapoor Wiki/Bio
Full Name Kunal Kapoor
Profession Ad Maker, Entrepreneur, Actor
Kunal Kapoor Physical Stats
Height (approx.) in centimeters-173 cm
in meters-1.73 m
in feet inches-5’ 8”
Weight (approx.) in kilograms- 85 kg
in pounds-187 lbs
Eye Colour Black
Hair Colour Salt & Pepper
Kunal Kapoor Personal Life
Date of Birth 26 June 1959
Age (as in 2018) 59 Years
Birth Place Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Zodiac sign/Sun sign Cancer
Hometown Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
School Bombay International School, Mumbai
Education Qualification 12th standard
Debut Bollywood: Junoon (1978)
English: Siddhartha (1972)
Favourite Films Mary Kom, Detective Bymokesh Bakshy
Kunal Kapoor Girlfriend/Wife
Marital Status Divorced
Affair/Girlfriend Sheena Sippy (Photographer)
Wife/Spouse Sheena Sippy (Ex-wife, Photographer)
Children Son- Zahan Kapoor (Assistant filmmaker)
Daughter- Shaira Kapoor (Production design)
Year Film Role Notes
1972 Siddhartha Siddhartha’s son English film
1981 Ahista Ahista Kunal
1982 Vijeta Angad
1984 Utsav Aryak
1985 Trikal Kapitan Ribeiro/ Governor
2015 Singh is Bling Amy Jackson’s father
2019 Panipat Shuja-ud-Daula
Some Known Facts About Kunal Kapoor
- Does Kunal Kapoor smoke?: Not Known
- Does Kunal Kapoor drink alcohol?: Yes
- Karan is the eldest son of actor Late Shashi Kapoor.
- After completing his schooling, he went to England and joined a drama school over there, to groom himself as an actor.
- He started his career as an actor and tried his luck with films including ‘Ahista Ahista’. Kunal Kapoor in younger days
- Soon after doing a few films, he developed an interest in filmmaking and the technical process related to filmmaking.
- He quit acting and started an advertising agency called ‘Ad film-Valas’ in 1987.
- Instead of making those cliche domestic product ads, he did thousands of exotic ads for brands like – Bombay Dyeing, Siyaram, MRF, Bush, Mahindra’s Bolero, Scorpio and Chevrolet cars.
- He was married to Sholay’s maker – Ramesh Sippy’s daughter Sheena, but are now divorced.
- In 2015, he made his comeback in acting after 30 years with Akshay Kumar’s ‘Singh is Bling’, where he played the role of Amy Jackson’s father.
Who is the son of Shashi Kapoor?