A Colombian professional footballer, Camilo Andrés Vargas Gil (born 9 March 1989) plays as a goalkeeper for Liga MX club Atlas and the Colombia national team. Vargas began his professional career with Independiente Santa Fe in Bogota, his hometown. Initially, he played for this club before moving on to a more prestigious club, Atletico Nacional. Deportivo Cali has loaned him to Nacional. Independiente Santa Fe, Atlético Nacional, Argentinos Juniors, Deportivo Cali, Colombia U20, and Colombia have all been represented by Vargas. Vargas has impressed since joining Atletico Nacional with his performances while on loan to Argentinos Juniors and Deportivo Cali.
Despite this, he was not able to start many matches and was on the bench for most of the matches he played for the national team. He served as the backup goalkeeper to David Ospina. In addition to playing five games for the Colombian U20 team, Vargas also kept three clean sheets. For a few years, he played club football before being called up to the national team. So far, he has played only four games for Colombia, all of which have been friendly matches. He was a member of the FIFA World Cup squad in 2014. In the 2016-17 season, he played just six games for Atletico Nacional before being loaned out to Deportivo Cali.
So far, he has appeared in only 18 games for Nacional. He played 37 league games in just the one season he spent at Deportivo Cali, which proved to be quite successful for him. Camilo Vargas was born to his mother Pamela Rojas and his father Eduardo in Bogotá, Colombia. In addition, he has 2 brothers named Baithiare and Eduardo Vargas. Camilo Vargas was married to his wife Angela María Bolívar Merino. Vargas and his wife Angela María Bolívar Merino were blessed with 2 children, a son named Loco Vargas was born in Sep 2013, and a daughter whose name is still unknown.
Camilo Vargas Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Camilo Vargas. It gives you the ability to read through the Colombian footballer’s profile as fast as possible.
|Birth Name||Camilo Andrés Vargas Gil|
|Nickname/ Popular Name/ Shirt Name||Camilo Vargas|
|Age||33 (as in 2022) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Pisces|
|Birth Place||Bogotá, Colombia|
|Date of Birth||9 March 1989|
|Home Town||Bogotá, Colombia|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Horse Riding, Swimming|
|Mother's Name||Pamela Rojas|
• Eduardo Vargas
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Angela María Bolívar Merino|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Wife/Spouse||Angela María Bolívar Merino|
|Children||Daughter(s)- 1- Name Not Available|
Son(s)- Loco Vargas (born Sep 2013)
|School||Santa Fe youth academy|
|College/University||Santa Fe youth academy|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||No Agent|
|Debut For Current Club Team||• 2019: Atlas Guadalajara|
|Debut For Current Senior International Team||• 2014: Colombian national football team|
|Jersey Number (2022-23)||• 12 (Atlas Guadalajara)|
• 12 (Colombian national football team)
|Current Teams||• Atlas Guadalajara|
• Colombian national football team
|Achievements||Independiente Santa Fe|
• Categoría Primera A: 2012-I, 2014-II
• Copa Colombia: 2009
• Superliga Colombiana: 2013
• Categoría Primera A: 2015-II
• Liga MX: Apertura 2021, Clausura 2022
• Campeón de Campeones: 2022
• Liga MX Best XI: Apertura 2021, Clausura 2022
• Liga MX Balón de Oro: 2021–22
• Liga MX Golden Glove: 2021–22
• Liga MX All-Star: 2022
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 185 cm|
in meters- 1.85 m
in feet inches- 6'1"
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 80 kg|
in pounds- 176 lbs
|Chest Size||42 inches|
|Biceps Size||14 inches|
|Waist Size||32 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Colombian|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||8 U.S.|
|Shoe Size||10 U.S.|
|Favorite Playing Position||Goalkeeper|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Food||Fruits and Veg|
|Favorite Player||Not Available|
|Favorite Pet Animal||Dog|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
Camilo Vargas Net Worth
In 2022, what will Camilo Vargas’s salary be?
In Jul 2019 Camilo Vargas signed a contract with Atlas Guadalajara that extended in Apr 2022 and ends in 2026 which netted him a whopping salary of £442,770 per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns £1,216 per day and £51 per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2022
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$1.5 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$1 Million|
|SALARY UPDATE 2022||His current club salary and several other earnings are included in the salary data below.|
|Annual or Per Year Salary||£442,770|
|Per Month Salary||£36,898|
|Per Week Salary||£8,515|
|Per Day Salary||£1,216|
|Per Hour Salary||£51|
|Per Minute Salary||£0.8|
|Current Contract||With Atlas Guadalajara|
|Contract Signed/Extension||Jul 1, 2019|
|Contract Expires||Dec 31, 2026|
|Contract Signing Amount or Transfer Fee||$2.20 Million|
|Market Value||$2.75 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$2.75 Million (Apr 11, 2022)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||Not Available|
His stock is on the rise thanks to his performances on the pitch. Camilo Vargas has an estimated net worth of around $1.5 Million, and his market value is about $2.75 million.
Camilo Vargas FIFA 22 – Potential And Rating
In FIFA 22, Camilo Vargas has an overall rating of 77 with a potential of 77. Camilo Vargas has got a 1-star skillmoves rating.
Camilo Vargas FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|27||Heading Accuracy||23||FK Accuracy|
|23||Short Passing||24||Long Passing|
|23||Defensive Awareness||15||Sliding Tackle|
He prefers to shoot with his left foot. His workrates are Medium / High. Camilo Vargas’s height is 185 cm and his weight is estimated at 80 kg according to our database. Currently, Camilo Vargas is playing with the number 12.
- At the age of sixteen, Camilo Vargas joined the lower levels of Independiente Santa Fe.
- After making many sacrifices, Camilo reached the professional soccer team, and he made his professional debut with Independiente Santa Fe on March 11, 2007, when he played against La Equidad at the Estadio Metropolitano de Techo. This game was part of the Colombian Opening Tournament.
- During Santa Fe’s 2-1 victory, Vargas replaced Oscar Castro in the final minutes.
- During his tenure with the professional team, Camilo also alternated with the reserve team.
- When Independiente Santa Fe won the 2009 Copa Colombia, Camilo won his first professional title.
- Vargas gave Santa Fe the opportunity to qualify for the 2010 Copa Colombia.
- In the evening of September 11, I played in the Clásico bogotano 260 between Santa Fe and Millonarios.
- The goalkeeper played well, saved a penalty, and kept the score at 0-0. In that year, he played seven games and gradually demonstrated his abilities as a goalkeeper.
- As a result of his cap opportunities in the local league as well as the Copa Sudamericana, Camilo had a more successful 2011.
- A corner kick was awarded in favor of Santa Fe at the last minute of the game on November 23, 2011, the penultimate date of the Finalization Tournament.
- Vargas abandoned his position as a goalkeeper and headed over Millonarios’ defense to score the goal that solidified his team’s victory.
- As a result, he became the figure of the match, became part of Santa Fe’s history, and became one of the team’s idols.
- In this manner, Camilo Vargas began to establish himself as a starter for Independiente Santa Fe.
- Camilo achieved one of his goals in 2012 when he was crowned champion of the Apertura Tournament, was awarded the seventh star of the Cardinals team and was one of the figures of the team that ended the 36-year drought without a championship.
- Thus, Vargas enters Santa Fe’s history as one of the best goalkeepers.
Season 2012-13 And Later
- At the beginning of the year, two matches are played in that tournament. As a result, Santa Fe won the series with Camilo Vargas in goal, kicking off the new year on a high note.
- After a good performance in the tournament, Camilo Vargas was essential for Santa Fe to reach the semifinals of the Copa Libertadores that year. He was selected twice as the party’s figurehead.
- As a result of his excellent performances in the league and the Libertadores, he also began to be considered by José Néstor Pékerman, making him a member of the Colombian National Team.
- Vargas reached a high point in his professional career in 2014 when his outstanding performance at Santa Fe resulted in him becoming an idol for the Santa Fe fans, and he was selected to play in the 2014 Soccer World Cup as one of 23 Colombian players.
- He made his debut with the national team after the World Cup, and reached his best level with Independiente Santa Fe, appearing in almost all of the matches with the red and white jersey.
- During the Finalization Tournament, Vargas also scored a goal from a penalty kick against Atlético Huila on November 22, 2014. This goal helped Santa Fe reach the finals.
- Camilo prevented Paisa from retaining its title in the second leg against Deportivo Independiente Medellin.
- As a result, Camilo Vargas became one of the greatest idols of the fans, and he was awarded the eighth star of the Cardinals team due to his high level of performance.
- Camilo Vargas was transferred to Atlético Nacional in January 2015 in highly controversial circumstances.
His transfer to Atlético Nacional was confirmed in January 2015; he signed a three-year contract with the club.
Despite being a substitute in most games, he was the champion of the 2015 Completion with his team.
As of January 13, 2016, it was confirmed that he will be playing for Argentinos Juniors on a one-year loan basis.
Against CA Tigre, he made his debut on February 6 in a one-goal draw.
The player joined Deportivo Cali on loan in June 2016. As a result, he made his debut on July 28 in the classic against América de Cali in which they won 2-1 and played the second half.
In the second half of 2017, he returns to Atlético Nacional after the assignment at Deportivo Cali ended.
He returns to Deportivo Cali in January 2018 on a loan with the option to purchase. On November 28, 2018, the club validated the purchase option against Atlético Nacional and renewed the contract 2021 with Valle del Cauca.
In the final minute of the game against Millonarios FC on March 3, he scores his third goal as a professional, doing it with a header after a corner kick to give his team a 1-1 tie.
Camilo Vargas Transfer To Atlas
- As of July 2019, the Atlas of Mexico has signed Camilo, who has played 162 games for Deportivo Cali during his three years at the red and black club.
- By winning both the Opening Tournament (Mexico) in 2021 as well as the Closing Tournament (Mexico) in 2022, he was automatically crowned Champion of Champions 2021-2022 during his tenure at the Guadalajara club.
- As well as winning the Ballon d’Or (Mexico) 2021-2022 for the best goalkeeper of the season, he was also named the best player of the season.
- He made his first appearance in the Colombian national team match on August 30, 2012, when he was summoned by José Pékerman to play in the 2014 World Cup Qualifiers in Brazil.
- In relation to the 2014 FIFA World Cup, he was included in a preliminary list of 30 players on May 13, 2014. In the end, he was selected in the final list of 23 players on June 2.
- Vargas was a substitute for the National Team during the quarterfinals.
- Due to an injury to David Ospina, he started for the first time with his national team on November 10, 2014.
- Jose Pekerman selected him for the 2015 Copa América pre-summons on May 11, 2015. On May 30, he was selected from the final 23-player roster.
- A 4-0 win over the Cameroon national team on June 12 was his second appearance with the national team. He was replaced in the second half by David Ospina.
- He was included in the final 23-player list for the 2018 World Cup by coach José Pekerman on May 14, 2018.
- He will be included in the final list of 23 players selected for the Copa América 2019 in Brazil on May 30.
- At the start of the Qatar 2022 Qualifiers on October 9, he made his debut with a pass for the third goal in a 3-0 victory over Venezuela.
Camilo Vargas is 33 years old as of 2022.
Camilo Vargas is 185 cm or 6 ft 1 in tall.
Camilo Vargas’s preferred foot is left.
Camilo Vargas is from Colombia.
After reading his biography, you will agree with me that Camilo Vargas worked so hard to achieve success. Even poor kids from the slum can dream big and achieve their dreams thanks to him.
It is important to note that his father and mother were key catalysts in his success story. His career life would not be the same without their contributions. They deserve all the accolades for what they have done.
In addition, his sibling’s and friends’ efforts should not be overlooked. As a result of them, he never experienced loneliness or depression during his childhood. Camilo Vargas has grown into a cheerful youth as a result of them.
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of the Colombian footballer. Hopefully, Camilo Vargas’s childhood story has made you believe that patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in the article on Camilo Vargas.