Kristen Wiig is a famous American comedienne, actress, producer, and writer. She is of English and Scottish origin from her mother’s side and Norwegian and Irish ancestry from her father’s side. Although a humble person, she was known for her comedy talents right from her childhood. Kristen Wiig started her career by playing with comedy troops and in live television comedy shows. She then struggled her way up, consequently making a name for herself in the comedy class.
She has also starred in several films like ‘Bridesmaids,’ ‘Whip It,’ and ‘Adventureland.’ Apart from acting, Kristen Wiig has sounded several roles in popular animation movies as well as earned acknowledgment as a scriptwriter. She has been nominated for prestigious awards like ‘Academy Awards’ and ‘Primetime Emmy Awards’ for her participation in movies. As far as her personal life is touched, she is fond of painting and drawing. She has twin children who were born via surrogacy.
Kristen Wiig Wiki/Bio
|Birth Name||Kristen Carroll Wiig|
|Nick Name||The Brown Cow (This nickname is coined by her friends due to her love for chocolate)|
|Age||(as in 2023) 50 Years|
|Religion||Her religious views aren’t known publicly.|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Leo|
|Birth Place||Canandaigua, New York, United States|
|Date of Birth||22 August 1973|
|Residence||Los Angeles (However, she often travels to New York City, where she was based before moving to Los Angeles)|
|Home Town||Canandaigua, New York, United States|
|Mother’s Name||Laurie Wiig (Artist)|
|Father’s Name||Jon Wiig (Operated a lake marina in Western New York)|
|Others||• Gunnar Arna Wiig (Paternal Grandfather)|
• Frances Josephine McCue (Paternal Grandmother)
• William Carroll Johnston (Maternal Grandfather)
• Margaret Curtis Day (Maternal Grandmother)
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Brian Petsos (2009-2011)|
• Fabrizio Moretti (2011-2013)
• Scott Speedman (2014
• Avi Rothman (2016)
Marital Status, Husband and Children
|Husband/Spouse||Hayes Hargrove (2005-2009)|
engaged with her BF Avi Rothman
|Children||Twins, born earlier in 2020 via surrogate.|
|School||• Nitrauer Elementary School in Lancaster, Pennsylvania|
• Manheim Township Middle School
• Allendale Columbia School
• Brighton High School
|College/University||University of Arizona|
|Educational Qualification||Graduated in Arts|
|Profession||Actress, comedian, writer, producer|
|Brands Endorsed||a TV commercial for fast food chain, Pizza Hut|
|Career Manager||United Talent Agency|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm|
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet inches- 5’5”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 56 kg|
in pounds- 123 lbs
|Breast Size||35 Inches|
|Hips Size||36 Inches|
|Waist Size||26 Inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||White|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Grayish Blue|
|Dress Size||6 (US) or 36 (EU)|
|Shoe Size||8 (US) or 38.5 (EU)|
|Favorite Mascara||L’Oréal Telescopic and Maybelline Full and Soft|
|Favorite Splurge||Worthy Foods – Dark Chocolate Peanut M&Ms, lemon cupcakes from Buttercup Bake Shop, hot and melted cheese sandwiches, and sweet potato fries|
|Favorite Prized Possession||Gold necklace with tiny cuckoo clock|
|Favorite Comedy Movies||Caddyshack (1980) and Beaches (1988)|
|Favorite Comedy TV Show||The British Office|
|Favorite Comedy Cartoon Character||Chilly Willy|
Kristen was born on August 22, 1973, in Canandaigua, New York, the daughter of Jon Wiig, who ran a lake marina in Western New York, and Laurie, an artist. Her father has Norwegian heritage and her mother is of English and Scottish origin. The name Wiig comes from the area Vik in Sogn og Fjordane in Norway.
Jessica Alba Bio, Age, Height, Husband, Children, Net Worth, Movies & Wiki
Kristen’s paternal grandfather, Gunnar Wiig, immigrated from Norway to the United States as a child and turned up in Rochester, New York, where he was a completed broadcaster for the Rochester Red Wings baseball team, and later became an administrator at WHEC radio, WHEC-TV, and WROC-TV.
Kristen relocated with her family to Lancaster, Pennsylvania, at the age of three, and served Nitrauer Elementary School and Manheim Township Middle School until eighth grade. She then went to Rochester with her family at the age of 13, where she joined Allendale Columbia School for ninth and tenth grades and graduated from Brighton High School.
She began her higher education by joining Roanoke College but soon returned to Rochester. She attended community college and did a three-month outdoor-living program. She had no acting purposes at this time. Wiig then joined the University of Arizona, majoring in art.
When she got an acting class in college to satisfy a course requirement, the teacher recommended she continue to act. She was supposed to start a job at a plastic surgery clinic painting pictures of people’s postsurgery bodies, but the day before the job began, she chose to travel to Los Angeles and attempt an acting career.
Kristen Wiig Net Worth
Kristen Wiig has a net worth of $30 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$30 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$25 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
|Income Source||Actress, comedian, writer, producer|
In late 2018, Wiig sold her updated midcentury modern home in the Los Angeles neighborhood of Silver Lake for $5.225 million. The estate is on a hillside near the Silver Lake Reservoir and was established in 1952. The three-bedroom house has many fundamental elements, such as hand-painted tiles and decorative window screens, while cedar ceilings and custom cement-tile floors run throughout. Wiig bought the home for $1.4 million in 2014. She listed it in October 2018 for $5.125 million.
In December 2017, Wiig acquired Pasadena’s Case Study House #10, which is on the National Register of Historic Places for $2.96 million. The modern-style home was planned by father-son architectural team Kemper Nomland and Kemper Nomland Jr. for the influential Case Study program, sponsored by Arts & Architecture Magazine.
The house has nearly 3,500 square feet of living space, with four bedrooms, and four bathrooms. Its open existence space is focused around a tall brick fireplace and boasts hardwood floors and floor-to-ceiling windows. The house sits on a one-third-acre lot, with terraced gardens, a swimming pool, and a spa.
Sally Field Bio, Age, Husband, Children, Net Worth, Movies, TV & Wiki
In mid-2017, Wiig sold a hillside home with incredible views in the Los Feliz neighborhood of Los Angeles for $2 million. Wiig purchased the house in 2013 for $1.764 million. The three-bedroom house features views of the surrounding hills and 2,500 square feet of outdoor decks. One large deck area is connected to the open kitchen and living room via doors that seamlessly disappear into the walls.
Kristen Wiig in SNL – Saturday Night Live
Wiig auditioned and got a spot on the Groundlings. Even on a stage full of entertaining people, Wiig soon proved herself as a standout. She made audiences laugh with characters she’d later bring to SNL, like the over-enthusiastic Target clerk and the crotchety film reviewer Aunt Linda. SNL producer Lorne Michaels caught wind of her talent and asked her to audition for the program. She was let midway through the show’s 31st season, moving from Los Angeles to New York City on a week’s notice.
Wiig debuted on SNL on November 12, 2005. Her roles, including the one-upping Penelope, squirrelly Gilly, and spot-on consequences of financial adviser Suze Orman and Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi—became fan favorites. Within two years, Wiig built a character as the hardest-working comedian on the show, performing in more pictures per episode than any other cast member. When Amy Poehler left SNL in November 2008, Wiig became the most superior female cast member on the program.
She got an Emmy nomination for her work on SNL in 2009, the alike year that Entertainment Weekly named her one of the 25 Funniest Actresses in Hollywood. “It’s a story to me what makes people laugh,” Wiig responds. “I just try to be as authentic as possible.”
Kristen Wiig Movies And TV Shows
- Kristen Wiig relocated to Los Angeles after dropping out of college to pursue acting. During her beginning days in Los Angeles, she did various jobs like selling fruits, folding clothes, catering, etc. to support herself. A co-worker took her to the auditions of ‘The Groundlings,’ a sketch comedy theatre, where she got elected.
- She started working at ‘The Groundlings’ and also started performing at the ‘Empty Stage Comedy Theatre.’
- In 2003, she appeared in ‘The Joe Schmo Show,’ satire of reality television, on Spike TV. During her stint at ‘The Groundlings,’ her manager encouraged her to audition for ‘Saturday Night Live,’ a live TV sketch comedy show. Kristen Wiig was chosen in the midst of the 31st season of ‘Saturday Night Live,’ in the year 2005.
- In 2006, Kristen Wiig made her film introduction with ‘Unaccompanied Minors.’ The following year, she made presentations in movies, such as ‘Knocked Up,’ ‘Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story,’ ‘Meet Bill,’ and ‘The Brothers Solomon.’
- In 2008, she landed minor roles in movies like ‘Forgetting Sarah Marshall,’ ‘Pretty Bird,’ and ‘Ghost Town.’ In 2009, Kristen Wiig performed a supporting role in Drew Barrymore’s directorial debut ‘Whip It.’ The same year, she also appeared in ‘Adventureland’ and ‘Extract,’ and voiced ‘Pudgy Beaver Mom’ in the computer-animated adventure comedy film ‘Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs.’
- In 2010, she sounded characters in animated movies like ‘Despicable Me’ and ‘How to Train Your Dragon.’ She also appeared in other feature films like ‘All Good Things’ and ‘MacGruber.’
- Her big breakthrough came in 2011, when she landed her first lead character in the movie ‘Paul.’ The same year, she acted in ‘Bridesmaids,’ a movie which she co-wrote with Annie Mumolo for ‘Universal Pictures.’ The movie went on to gain box office success as well as critical acclaim.
- In 2012, Kristen Wiig made her final appearance as a cast member of ‘Saturday Night Live’ during its 37th season. She has turned to the show on several occasions, making guest appearances.
- Meanwhile, she resumed performing in films, such as ‘Friends with Kids’ (2011), ‘Revenge for Jolly’ (2012), ‘Girl Most Likely’ (2012), ‘The Secret Life of Walter Mitty’ (2013), ‘The Skeleton Twins’ (2014), ‘The Diary of a Teenage Girl’ (2015), ‘The Martian’ (2015), and ‘Nasty Baby’ (2015).
- In 2016, she became part of the fantasy comedy film ‘Ghostbusters,’ which bombed at the box office. Her other movies in that year include ‘Zoolander 2,’ ‘Sausage Party,’ and ‘Masterminds.’
- She once again starred with her ‘The Martian’ co-star Matt Damon in 2017 for the science fiction comedy ‘Downsizing.’ Later in the same year, she was seen in the horror movie ‘The Mother!’ alongside Jennifer Lawrence. She also reprised her voice role as ‘Agent Lucy Wilde’ in the computer-animated comedy film ‘Despicable Me 3.’
- In 2018, she was cast to perform ‘Cheetah,’ the main villain of Patty Jenkins’ superhero film ‘Wonder Woman 1984.’ The film is slated for release in 2020. In 2019, she became part of the ensemble cast of mystery comedy ‘Where’d You Go, Bernadette.’
- The same year, she began voicing ‘Jenny Hart’ in the animated sitcom series ‘Bless the Harts.’
- In 2019, she was cast to play one of the lead characters in Josh Greenbaum’s comedy film ‘Barb and Star Go to Vista Del Mar,’ which is slated for release in 2021.
- In 2019, she was also cast to perform a supporting character in Gil Kenan’s family film ‘A Boy Called Christmas.’
- In 2020, she turned to ‘Saturday Night Live’ to host an episode titled ‘Kristen Wiig/Boyz II Men.’
|2003||Melvin Goes to Dinner|
The Enigma with a Stigma
The Brothers Solomon
Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story
Forgetting Sarah Marshall
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
|2010||How to Train Your Dragon|
All Good Things
Friends with Kids
|2012||Revenge for Jolly!|
Girl Most Likely
|2013||Despicable Me 2|
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues
|2014||The Skeleton Twins|
How to Train Your Dragon 2
Welcome to Me
|2015||The Diary of a Teenage Girl|
|2017||Despicable Me 3|
|2019||How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World|
Where’d You Go, Bernadette
|2020||Wonder Woman 1984|
|2021||Barb and Star Go to Vista Del Mar|
TV Shows & Serials List
|2003||The Joe Schmo Show|
|2004||I’m with Her|
The Drew Carey Show
|2005–2012||Saturday Night Live|
|2009||Flight of the Conchords|
|2009–2010||Bored to Death|
The Cleveland Show
|2011–2014||The Looney Tunes Show|
Saturday Night Live
|2014||The Spoils of Babylon|
|2015||A Deadly Adoption|
The Spoils Before Dying
Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp
|2016||Saturday Night Live|
|2017||The Last Man on Earth|
Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later
|2018||The Royal Wedding Live with Cord & Tish!|
|2019–present||Bless the Harts|
|2020||Saturday Night Live|
- After graduating from the University of Arizona, she was set to take a job at a plastic surgery clinic, where she was supposed to draw pictures of patients’ post-surgery bodies. However, she instead opted to move to Los Angeles to pursue an acting career.
- She was struggling with the popular improve group, The Groundlings when her manager inspired her to send a tape for the job in a sketch show, Saturday Night Live.
- She joined Saturday Night Live cast in November 2005 for season 31. And, by the weight of her performances, she headed to survive the budget cut and by the start of season 32 was made full cast member.
- In April 2009, the Entertainment Weekly introduced Wiig in their list featuring 25 Funniest Women in Hollywood.
- In 2003, she had to be sent to the hospital after she underwent an injury while shooting for The Joe Schmo Show.
- In her early struggling days in Los Angeles, she was manipulated to wait tables in the executive dining room of Universal Studios.
- In 2012, the prestigious Time Magazine included her in their annual 100 Most Influential People in the World list.
- She does not have any social media account.
Finding Someone Beautiful Or Not Always Depends Upon A Person’s View. This 47-year-old Personality Is Well-known For Her Career As An Actress, Comedian, And Writer. In My Perspective, She Is A Beautiful Woman Who Is Very Versatile And Shapes Herself In Ways Her Role Demands. I Do Not Consider Kristen Wiig The Most Beautiful Lady Of The World, However, She Is Beautiful Enough.
None Of Us Know If She Will Steal The Show Or Not. Wonder Woman 1984 Director Patty Jenkins Will Most Likely Keep The Spotlight On Gal Gadot, The Actress Portraying Wonder Woman. However, That’s Not To Say That Wiig’s Natural Charm And Talent Won’t Come In Handy When Playing The Archnemesis Of Themyscira’s Most Powerful Champion. Kristen Wiig Has Been A Big Name In The Comedy Scene, Having Had Prominent Roles In Multiple Blockbuster Movies. Her Resume Includes Movies Like Bridesmaids, Despicable Me, How To Train Your Dragon, Zoolander 2, The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty. Now While Not Each Movie In That List Is A Blockbuster Smash, That’s A Hell Of A-List To Be Involved With. Wiig’s Roles In Acting Stretch As Far Back As 2000, For A Total Of 19 Years In The Scene.
If It Wasn’t For That Era, I Would Never Have Watched The Show. Wiig Changed My Life As An Actor. I Have Been Raised, Had Some Decent Roles In Some Low Budget Films And Was Part Of A Comedy Sketch Group In Hollywood With Weekly Live Shows But Something Had Been Missing For Me And It Clicked After Staring Kristen And Her Approach To Her Marks On SNL. Now I Seem To Have No Limits To The Characters I Can Inhabit Whereas Before I Had Trouble As I Tried To Be That Character Or Act Like Them. Now I Let The Character Do The Work. The Other Cast Members During That Time Much Like Wiig Are Not Trying To Be Funny Or Stupid. They Are Being Clever And Respectfully Acting The Same As They Would If That Character Was In A Drama.
She Happens To Play Those Kind Of Parts Really Well, So She Gets Hired To Do More Of Them. It Doesn’t Mean That She Has Those Traits In Real Life – In Fact, Having Real Traits Like That Sometimes Make Them Harder To Portray, Because We Are “Inside” Them And Can’t See Them Clearly.