Santiago Arias Naranjo (born on 13 January 1992) plays right-back for the Colombian national team. Currently a free agent, he most recently played for Granada, on loan from Atlético Madrid. Arias started playing football at an early age by joining the Colombian club La Equidad in Bogota. In 2009, he was promoted to the senior squad after a few years in the club’s youth ranks. With his superb game, he maintained his place in the team and later became a regular player. Then, in 2011, he moved to Portugal and played for Sporting CP’s B team most of the time.
On 3 August 2013, Arias made his league debut for PSV, playing in the starting eleven against ADO Den Haag in a 3-2 victory. Sporting confirmed Arias’ transfer to PSV in mid-2013. Having gained experience playing with the U-17 and U-20 Colombian teams, he was called up for the 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifiers to replace an injured Camilo Zúñiga. The following day, he made his international debut against Paraguay, helping his team to a 2-1 victory.
Among Arias’ international appearances are the 2014 FIFA World Cup and Copa America. He also contributed to Colombia’s third-place finish at the 2016 Copa America. As well as his defensive skills, he often contributes to the success of his team by scoring goals. In club football, he has played 230 games and has scored 11 goals, and provided 28 assists. With 171 games played for PSV Eindhoven, he played the most number of games of his career. A total of 135 games have been played for him in the Eredivisie, the most he has played in any competition. He has played 38 games for his country in international football.
Santiago Arias Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Santiago Arias. It gives you the ability to read through the Colombian footballer’s profile as fast as possible.
|Birth Name||Santiago Arias Naranjo|
|Nickname/ Popular Name/ Shirt Name||Santiago Arias|
|Age||31 (as in 2023) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Capricorn|
|Birth Place||Medellin, Colombia|
|Date of Birth||13 January 1992|
|Home Town||Medellin, Colombia|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Horse Riding, Swimming|
|Mother's Name||Monica Naranjo|
|Father's Name||Raúl Arias|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Wife/Spouse||Karin Jiménez (m. 2013)|
|Children||Daughter(s)- Not Available|
Son(s)- • Thiago Arias Jiménez
• Lucca Arias Jiménez
• Milan Arias Jiménez
|School||La Equidad youth academy|
|College/University||La Equidad youth academy|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||SEG|
|Debut For Current Club Team||Without Club|
(Last club: Atlético Madrid- joined in 2018)
|Debut For Current Senior International Team||• 2013: Colombian national football team|
|Jersey Number (2022-23)||• -- (Without Club)|
• 4 (Colombian national football team)
|Current Teams||• Without Club|
• Colombian national football team
|Position||Defender - Right-Back|
• Eredivisie: 2014–15, 2015–16, 2017–18
• Johan Cruijff Shield: 2015, 2016
• UEFA Super Cup: 2018
• Toulon Tournament: 2011
• Copa América third place: 2016
• Eredivisie Player of the Year: 2017–18
• Eredivisie Star XI: 2017–18
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm|
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet inches- 5'10"
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 72 kg|
in pounds- 159 lbs
|Chest Size||42 inches|
|Biceps Size||12 inches|
|Waist Size||32 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Colombian|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||7 U.S.|
|Shoe Size||9 U.S.|
|Favorite Playing Position||Defender|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Food||Fruits and Veg|
|Favorite Player||Not Available|
|Favorite Pet Animal||Dog|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
Santiago Arias Net Worth
In 2023, what will Santiago Arias’s salary be?
Currently a free agent, he played for Granada on loan from Atlético Madrid. In Jul 2018 Santiago Arias signed a contract with Atlético Madrid that ends in 2022 which netted him a whopping salary of £1,196,000 per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns £3,285 per day and £137 per hour!
All Salary Data Are Based On His Contract With Atletico Madrid.
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2023
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$2 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$1.5 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$1 Million|
|SALARY UPDATE 2023||His current club salary and several other earnings are included in the salary data below.|
|Annual or Per Year Salary||£1,196,000|
|Per Month Salary||£99,666|
|Per Week Salary||£23,000|
|Per Day Salary||£3,285|
|Per Hour Salary||£137|
|Per Minute Salary||£2.2|
|Current Contract||Without Club|
|Contract Signed/Extension||Aug 1, 2022|
|Contract Signing Amount or Transfer Fee||--|
|Market Value||$3.30 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$22.00 Million (Dec 21, 2018)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||Not Available|
His stock is on the rise thanks to his performances on the pitch. Santiago Arias has an estimated net worth of around $2 Million, and his market value is about $3.30 million.
Maxi Gomez (Maximiliano) Biography, Age, Wife, Transfer, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Santiago Arias FIFA 22 – Potential And Rating
In FIFA 22, Santiago Arias has an overall rating of 79 with a potential of 79. Santiago Arias has got a 3-star skillmoves rating.
Santiago Arias FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|72||Heading Accuracy||54||FK Accuracy|
|77||Short Passing||72||Long Passing|
|76||Defensive Awareness||77||Sliding Tackle|
He prefers to shoot with his right foot. His workrates are Medium / High. Santiago Arias’s height is 178 cm and his weight is estimated at 72 kg according to our database. Currently, Santiago Arias is playing with number 4.
- Arias was a member of the La Equidad academy as a youth.
- In 2009, he was promoted to the senior squad and made his professional debut against Deportes Tolima that same year.
- In a short period of time, he established himself as a regular for the Bogotá-based club, appearing in 28 matches.
- In 2011, he was selected to represent his nation at the FIFA U-20 World Cup held in Colombia as a result of his notable performances.
- Soon after achieving success at his club and internationally, he moved to Portugal to join Sporting CP in Lisbon.
Krzysztof Piatek Biography, Age, Parents, Wife, Salary, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- As a member of the Colombian U20 national team in 2011, Arias attracted the attention of Sporting CP scouts.
- Arias was ultimately signed by Sporting on 1 July 2011 for a transfer fee of $300,000.
- On 6 November, he made his European debut by replacing Matías Fernández in the 80th minute against U.D. Leiria.
- He scored a goal in 28 appearances for the B-Squad despite making his first-team debut.
- Despite occasional appearances with the first squad, he was not able to establish a permanent position.
- Arias was linked to PSV in early 2013, but nothing was finalized.
- A deal was agreed on in July 2013 between Arias and the club.
- PSV paid Sporting €1.6 million for a package deal including Arias and fellow Sporting teammate Stijn Schaars.
- Arias was given the number 13 shirt on arrival.
- After playing 90 minutes in a 2–3 win away to ADO Den Haag on 3 August, he made his league debut.
- As a PSV player, he scored the opening goal in a 3–2 home win over FC Twente.
- As a result of Arias’ 25 league appearances for PSV in the 2013–14 Eredivisie, PSV qualified for the 2014–15 UEFA Europa League Third Round.
- In a match where PSV won 2-3, Arias made his European debut against SKN St. Polten, coming on as a second-half substitute.
- In the Round of 36, he played against FC Zenit Saint Petersburg in the first leg.
- Arias was ruled out of the second leg due to an injury, and his team was eliminated 4-0.
- Arias’s first European title was achieved despite PSV’s early exit from the Europa League. The club’s first title in eight years.
- Arias scored an offside header in the 1–2 Champions League group stage loss to Bayern Munchen.
- The 2017-18 Eredivisie title was won by PSV 3–0 over rivals Ajax on 15 April 2018. Arias would win his 5th Dutch title in just 5 seasons.
- Having assisted 6 goals, scored 3, held an 82% passing accuracy, and won 134 take-ons, Arias was named Eredivisie Player of the Year. Additionally, he was included in the league’s best XI.
Aleksandr Golovin (Footballer) Biography, Age, Wife, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- Arias completed a transfer to Atletico Madrid on 31 July 2018 for a reported transfer fee of £11 million. Arias was given the number 4 shirt upon his arrival.
- In an unofficial match against Cagliari, he replaced Juanfran at the start of the second half. Borja Garces scored the only goal as Atletico won the match.
- In a 2–0 defeat against Celta de Vigo, he made his league debut as a substitute for Jose Gimenez.
- In a 0-3 defeat of SD Huesca on 19 January 2019, he scored his first goal for Los Rojiblancos.
Loan To Bayer Leverkusen
- Arias joined Bayer Leverkusen on a season-long loan with an option to purchase on 24 September 2020.
- In October, he sustained a severe injury while on international duty, resulting in a fractured fibula and damaged ankle ligaments that sidelined him for the remainder of the year.
Loan To Granada
Arias moved to Granada CF on a one-year loan agreement on 30 August 2021.
- At the 2009 FIFA U-17 World Cup, Arias played all matches (except for the third-place match, making a total of six appearances) and scored the first penalty during the penalty shoot-out against Turkey in the quarterfinal.
- During the 2011 South American Youth Championship, Arias played in all nine matches for the Colombia U-20 team.
- Arias was also called by Colombia’s coach, Eduardo Lara, to participate in the 2011 Toulon Tournament, where he played all five matches and was part of the team that won the tournament.
Lucas Torreira Biography, Age, Height, Wife, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- Following Camilo Zingara’s injury, Arias received his first call-up for Colombia’s senior team in September 2013.
- In a 1–2 away victory over Paraguay, he made his debut and played the entire match.
- Arias was named to Colombia’s 23-man squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil. As a substitute, he appeared in all three of Colombia’s group-stage matches.
- In 2015, Arias was named to the final squad for Copa America.
- As a player, he appeared twice at the tournament, including the quarterfinal match against Argentina in which Colombia lost on penalties 5–4 after a 0–0 draw.
- During the Copa America Centenario, he was a member of the Colombian team that finished third.
- In preparation for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia, Arias was selected for Jose Pekerman’s 23-man squad.
- In Colombia’s Round of 16 matches against England, he started all four matches.
Santiago Arias is 31 years old as of 2023.
Santiago Arias is 178 cm or 5 ft 10 in tall.
Santiago Arias’s preferred foot is right.
Santiago Arias is from Colombia.
After reading his biography, you will agree with me that Santiago Arias worked so hard to achieve success. Even poor kids from the slum can dream big and achieve their dreams thanks to him.
It is important to note that his father and mother were key catalysts in his success story. His career life would not be the same without their contributions. They deserve all the accolades for what they have done.
In addition, his sibling’s and friends’ efforts should not be overlooked. As a result of them, he never experienced loneliness or depression during his childhood. Santiago Arias has grown into a cheerful youth as a result of them.
Denis Cheryshev Biography, Age, Wife, Real Madrid, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of the Colombian footballer. Hopefully, Santiago Arias’s childhood story has made you believe that patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in the article on Santiago Arias.