Kenneth Josiah Omeruo, a Nigerian professional football player who competes for Leganés in the Segunda División and the Nigerian national team, was born on October 17, 1993. Omeruo joined Chelsea from Standard Liège in January 2012 and immediately proceeded on loan to ADO Den Haag of the Dutch top division. He made an impression in the Eredivisie while he was only 19 and got called up to the Nigerian national team.
Omeruo, a now-regular international, represented Nigeria at the 2013 Confederations Cup in Brazil and the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations. Omeruo secured a spot in the starting lineup for the Super Eagles at the Africa Cup of Nations, which turned out to be a fantastic competition and which they won.
Kenneth Omeruo Bio/Wiki
[table id=5157 /]
- Africa Cup of Nations: 2013
- Africa Cup of Nations third place: 2019
Kenneth Omeruo Net Worth
The range of Kenneth Omeruo’s net worth or income is thought to be between £6,000,000. However, his major occupation as a soccer player has brought him a significant amount of wealth.
[table id=5158 /]
Kenneth Omeruo FIFA 22 Stats
In FIFA 22, Kenneth Omeruo has an overall rating of 71 and his potential is also 73.
[table id=5159 /]
- Before being recruited by Standard Liège from the Anderlecht academy, Omeruo spent time as a trialist with Sunshine Stars and Anderlecht.
- Omeruo was acquired by Chelsea from Liège in January 2012 and was promptly loaned to Eredivisie team ADO Den Haag.
- Omeruo, a Nigerian player headed to the World Cup, and Chelsea agreed to a new three-year contract in May 2014.
Loan to ADO Den Haag
- Omeruo signed an 18-month loan agreement with ADO Den Haag, keeping him there through the end of the 2012–13 campaign.
- Omeruo made his ADO Den Haag debut on March 3, 2012, against SC Heerenveen, which resulted in a scoreless tie.
- Omeruo’s first goal for ADO Den Haag came against FC Groningen on April 19, 2012.
- Omeruo scored against VVV-Venlo on April 28, 2012, in the 19th minute.
- He is the first player in Dutch league history to ever score a goal, conceding an own goal, and get sent off all in the same game.
Loan to Middlesbrough
- Omeruo joined Middlesbrough on loan on January 7, 2014, and stayed there through the 2013–14 campaign.
- Omeruo made his Middlesbrough debut on February 1st in a 0-0 draw with Doncaster Rovers.
- Omeruo was dismissed on April 8, 2014, in the 82nd minute after receiving a second caution.
- Ben Gibson was also sent off late in the game, thus Boro had to finish the game with nine players, but they still defeated Birmingham City 3-1.
- He returned to Middlesbrough for the 2014–15 campaign, making his debut in a 2-0 victory against Birmingham.
- Omeruo joined Kasmpaşa on a season-long loan on July 21, 2015, with the option to buy the player after the loan period.
- Omeruo made his debut for Kasmpaşa on August 16, 2015, in a game against Gaziantepspor, which Kasmpaşa won 3-0.
- Omeruo made his home debut five days later against Istanbul Başakşehir F.K., and Kasmpaşa won 1-0.
- Omeruo’s season was up and down; he sustained a few injuries, but he played whenever he was well.
- Omeruo returned to Chelsea for preseason even though the loan agreement included a buyout option; Kasampaşa opted not to use the option owing to a lack of cash.
Loan to Alanyaspor
- Before going out on loan once more, Omeruo agreed to a one-year contract extension through 2019 on August 31, 2016.
- He was on loan at Alanyaspor for the entire season.
- The number 44 was assigned to him. Omeruo made his debut on September 10, 2016, in a scoreless draw with Gençlerbirlii.
- Omeruo scored his first goal for Alanyaspor on February 25, 2017, as the hosts defeated Adanaspor 4-1 at home.
- He scored the second goal of the game in the 37th minute.
- Omeruo said in May 2017 that in order to play regularly for the first team, he could have to leave Chelsea.
- Omeruo began a season-long loan with CD Leganés on August 15, 2018.
- He expressed his enjoyment of playing in Spain in October 2018 and his intention to sign a long-term contract with Leganés in March 2019.
- Omeruo left Chelsea after seven years and returned to Leganés on August 13, 2019, this time on a permanent basis.
- Omeruo participated in the quarterfinal run of the Nigerian Under-20 squad at the 2011 FIFA U-20 World Cup in Colombia.
- He made his senior squad debut on January 9, 2013, when he was 19 years old, in a scoreless draw with Cape Verde.
- Then, when Nigeria went on to win the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations for the third time, he participated in all of his country’s games.
- Later that year, he was chosen for the Nigerian team competing in the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup.
- He participated in all three of Nigeria’s group games, helping them finish third overall.
- Omero was selected for Nigeria’s final World Cup roster and played all four of Nigeria’s matches as they placed second in their group and were defeated by France in the Round of 16.
- He was chosen by Nigeria for their 35-man preliminary Olympic team in 2016, however, he was left out of the final 18-man roster.
- He was included in Nigeria’s first 30-man roster for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia in May 2018.
He is currently 30 years old (as of 2023).
He is 185 cm tall.
He plays as a defender.
After his transfer to CD Leganés, his net worth is £6,000,000 (as of 2023).