Katrina Kaif Bio, Age, Height, Weight, Net Worth, Wiki & More
Katrina Kaif was born on the 16th of July, 1983 in British Hong Kong. She is a beautiful person of British and Indian origin. Katrina is a famous Bollywood star who enjoys everybody’s attention, respect and admiration. She belongs to such kind of people who combine good looks, strong character and talent. At the age of fourteen, the girl started modeling for a well-known jewelry company. After that, she was invited to work in London in the best modeling agencies. She took part in many campaigns, shootings, and advertisings until she was noticed by the director whose name was Kaizad Gustad. Now Katrina takes part in Indian Fashion weeks, shootings of films and different social events. The first film she was invited to take part in was ‘Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara’.wiki, net worth.
She received a Filmfare award for her work in movies like New York and Zero. Some of the highest-grossing movies of her career include the spy thriller Ek Tha Tiger (2012) and its 2017 sequel, and the action thriller Dhoom 3. Katrina became the first Bollywood star to be featured in Peruvian photographer Mario Testino’s Towel Series and also has her wax figure installed at Madame Tussauds in London.
Katrina Kaif Family, Education & More
Katrina Kaif was born in Hong Kong with her mother’s surname Turquotte (also spelled Turcotte), on 16 July 1983. According to the actress, her father (Mohammed Kaif) is a British businessman of Kashmiri descent and her mother (Suzanne, also spelled Susanna) is an English lawyer and charity worker. She has seven siblings: three elder sisters (Stephanie, Christine, and Natasha), three younger sisters (Melissa, Sonia, and Isabel) and an elder brother, Michael. Isabelle Kaif is also a model and actress. Kaif’s parents divorced when she was a child, and her father moved to the United States.
She said her father had no influence on Kaif or her siblings while they were growing up, and they were raised by their mother. On her father’s absence in her life, Kaif stated: “When I see friends who have wonderful fathers who are like pillars of support for their families, I say, if only I had that. But instead of complaining, I should be grateful for all the other things I have”. In a 2009 interview with The Indian Express, she said she was not in touch with her father.
Parents Father- Mohammed Kaif (British businessman of Kashmiri descent)
Mother- Suzanne Turquotte (Harvard Graduate, English Teacher and a Lawyer)
Siblings Brother- Michael Kaif (Elder, A professional skier, and a rock climber)
Sister- 3 Elder: Stephanie, Christine, and Natasha, 3 Younger: Melissa, Sonia, and Isabel
Katrina Kaif Bio/Wiki
Real Name Katrina Turquotte
Nickname(s) Kat, Katy, Katz, Sambo
Katrina Kaif Height, Weight & More
Height in centimeters- 174 cm
in meters- 1.74 m
in feet inches- 5′ 8½”
Weight (approx.) in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
Figure Measurements (approx.) 34-26-34
Eye Colour Brown
Hair Colour Black
Katrina Kaif Age, Personal Life & More
Date of Birth 16 July 1983
Age (as in 2019) 36 Years
Birthplace Hong Kong
Zodiac sign Cancer
Signature Katrina Kaif’s Signature
Hometown London, United Kingdom
School Homeschooling (Taught at home by her mother, tutors and also did correspondence courses)
College Left her college in London to pursue an acting career in Bollywood
Educational Qualification High School
Food Habit Non-Vegetarian
Hobbies Playing Chess, Painting, Reading
Controversy During the shooting of the film Namastey London, Katrina went to Ajmer Sharif dargah wearing a short skirt that irked people’s religious sentiments and the scene had to be reshot.
Katrina Kaif Boyfriends, Affairs and More
Marital Status Unmarried
Affairs/Boyfriends Salman Khan (Actor)
Ranbir Kapoor (Actor)
Favourite Food Yorkshire pudding, cheesecake, kheer, cinnamon rolls, steamed fish, lamb chops with salad & baby potatoes, grilled vegetables
Favourite Indian Food Dosa
Favourite Cheat Meal Food Pancake
Favourite Actors Hrithik Roshan, Leonardo DiCaprio, Johnny Depp, and Robert Pattinson
Favourite Actress Penelope Cruz, Madhuri Dixit, and Kajol
Favourite Films Bollywood Films: Umrao Jaan, Dil Dhadakne Do, Tanu Weds Manu Returns
Hollywood Films: Casablanca, Gone with the Wind
Favourite Cricketer Rahul Dravid, Irrfan Pathan
Favourite Books All books by Sidney Sheldon
Favourite Colours Pink, White, Mauve
Favourite Sports Cricket, Chess
Favourite Song Moon by Poolside
Favourite Musicians/Bands Radiohead, Muse, Coldplay
Favourite Perfume Narciso Rodriguez For Her
Favourite Musicians/Bands in Mumbai: Mainland China, and Wasabi by Morimoto at The Taj Mahal Palace Hotel
in London: Hakkasan, Harrods Georgian Restaurant, Alloro, Aqua Kyoto
Favourite Destinations London, Italy, Spain, Dubai and Havana
Katrina Kaif Net Worth, Salary & More
Car Collection Land Rover Range Rover Vogue SE
Salary (approx.) Rs. 6-7 Crores per film
Net Worth (approx.) $6 Million
Some Known Facts About Katrina
- Katrina was raised by a single mother, Suzanne Turquotte with her 7 siblings. Out of all the 8 children of Suzanne, Katrina is the only one who is half-Indian as her father, Mohammed Kaif, a British citizen, is originally from Kashmir.
- Because of the fact that Katrina’s mother, Suzanne Turquotte used to teach English as a foreign subject in different countries, they had to move to different countries. Katrina was raised in Hong Kong, China, Japan, France, Switzerland, Poland, Belgium, and other European countries. Her family moved to Hawaii and then to her mother’s home country, England when she was 14, where she lived for 3 years before moving to India.
Katrina’s parents got separated when she was very young, her father has never contacted them after the separation. When asked about whether her father has ever tried to contact her after she became famous, Katrina replied: He is very decent and comes from a good family and they went their own ways because of issues that are personal. He is an affluent person, so he is not going to come back because his daughter is now famous.
- She never attended a regular school because of frequent relocations of her family.
- Mother Suzanne made a singing troupe with her children to sing at orphanages all over Asia.
- When she was 14 years old, she won a beauty contest in Hawaii, after which she started receiving modeling assignments.
- She came to Mumbai, accompanied by her sister, Christine in 2003 to audition for the film Boom.
- Katrina and her sister, Christine, came to Mumbai with Rs. 4 lakh. Christine returned back to London but Katrina decided to stay in Mumbai to make her career in Bollywood and if she runs out of money, she would go back and re-join her college in London.
- Katrina Kaif’s original name is Katrina Turquotte but her debut film, Boom’s director, Kaizad Gustad and producer, Ayesha Shroff (wife of Jackie Shroff) decided to give her a new name which could connect with the Indian audience, he decided to change her surname to “Kaif.”
- She was supposed to make her Bollywood debut with the film Saaya, opposite John Abraham, but later she was dropped because she couldn’t speak Hindi at that time. The same year, she made her Bollywood debut with erotic film Boom.
- She struggled in Bollywood at the beginning but got a breakthrough with the film Namastey London opposite Akshay Kumar in 2007.
- The silver dress that she wore in the film Welcome (2007) was worth 2 lakh (INR) ($4,814), which was gifted to her by an Italian fashion designer Emilio Pucci.
- She was the most Googled Indian celebrity in 2008, 2009 & 2010.
- Her Ex-boyfriend, Ranbir Kapoor gave her the nickname Sambo (Rambo’s sister Sambo) after she successfully did a scene in the film Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani (2009) where she had to climb a ladder placed at a height of 200 feet.
- In 2010, she teamed up with A.R. Rahman and released a music album called Rhymeskool, to raise funds to build a school in Madurai.
- She is superstitious and often visits religious places like Siddhivinayak Temple and Mount Mary Church in Mumbai, and Dargah Sharif in Ajmer before her film’s release.
- She still is a British citizen and works in India on an employment visa.
- She is the first Bollywood actress to have a Barbie doll crafted in her image.
- She considers director Kabir Khan as her best friend from the Bollywood film industry.
- Her mother, Suzanne, with her American partner Jesse Tincher is now settled in Chennai, they volunteer for social causes in India. Katrina is actively involved with her mother’s charitable trust, “Relief Projects India”, that helps abandoned baby girls and works against female infanticide.
- Katrina fears living alone and darkness, during her early days in Mumbai, she used to stay awake and wait for the sun to come up and then sleep for 5 hours.
Who Is Katrina Husband?
Marital Status Unmarried
Affairs/Boyfriends Salman Khan (Actor) Ranbir Kapoor (Actor)
Which Caste Is Katrina?
Katrina Kaif Was Born To A British Businessman Mohammed Kaif And An English Lawyer & Charity Worker Suzanne Turquotte. Her Father Is A Muslim While Her Mother Is A Christian. She Is Of British Nationality.
What Nationality Is Katrina Kaif?
What Is The Education Of Katrina Kaif?
Katrina Kaif Was Born Family Of Kashmiri Father And British Mother. This Makes Her Half Indian And Half British. From Childhood She Did A Lot Of Travelling In Different Continents As After Her Birth In Hong Kong, Her Family Moved To China, Japan, France, Switzerland, Poland, Belgium, And Other European Countries.
Who Is Katrina Kaif Father?