Timothy Castagne is a Belgian footballer who plays for Premier League club Leicester City and the Belgian national team mainly as a right-back, but can also play as a left-back. Initially, he played for SB Waltzing-Bonnert’s youth teams, then for Lorrain Arlon, Virton, and Genk’s youth teams. He signed a professional contract with Genk for three years in June 2013. He debuted in the Belgian Pro League on 14 September 2014.
He joined Serie A club Atalanta for €6 million on 7 July 2017. During his three years at Atalanta, he made 96 appearances and scored 8 goals. He signed a five-year contract with Premier League club Leicester City on 3 September 2020. He scored his first goal for Leicester City against West Bromwich Albion on 13 September 2020. He had represented Belgium in various age groups at the international level. Belgium has sent him to the U18, U19, U21, and senior levels. On 7 September 2018, he made his Belgium national team debut.
Timothy Castagne Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Timothy Castagne|
|Age||26 (as in 2022) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Aquarius|
|Birth Place||Arlon, Belgium|
|Date of Birth||5 December 1995|
|Home Town||Arlon, Belgium|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Playing Video Games, Horse Riding|
|Mother's Name||Not Available|
|Father's Name||Pierre Castagne|
|Sister(s)||• Noemie Castagne|
• Emmi Castagne
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Educational Qualification||Not Available|
|Career Manager||Zénon Melon|
|Debut Club||• 2020: Leicester City F.C. |
• 2017: Atalanta B.C.
• December 12, 2013: K.R.C. Genk
|Debut International||• 7 September 2018: Belgium national football team|
• 2014: Belgium national under-21 football team
• 2013: Belgium national under-18 football team
|Jersey Number||• 27 (Leicester City F.C.)|
• 21 (Belgium national football team)
|Current Team(s)||• Leicester City F.C. |
• Belgium national football team
|Position||Defender - Right-Back|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 185 cm|
in meters- 1.85 m
in feet inches- 6′1″
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 79.8 kg|
in pounds- 176 lbs
|Chest Size||40 inches|
|Biceps Size||12 inches|
|Waist Size||33 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Belgian|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||Not Available|
|Shoe Size||12 U.S.|
|Favorite Playing Position||Defender - Right-Back|
|Favorite Food||Belgian Food|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||iPhone/Apple|
Timothy Castagne’s Biography includes information about his Childhood, Early Years, Parents, Family, Wife, and Sisters. The lifestyle, personal life, and net worth of a footballer are more important. In a nutshell, we present to you the Life History of a Belgian football superstar who has both natural talent and his father’s genes at his disposal.
Woodgram’s version of the Defender’s Story begins at the beginning of his career until Leicester and Belgium made him famous. You can view Timothy Castagne’s Boyhood to Success gallery here to whet your appetite for his biography. His Life Journey is clearly reflected in what we have here without a doubt.
Brendan Rodgers is Damn Good at many things. One of them is signing quality players, such as Timothy Castagne. From now Belgian has lived up to the hype surrounding his name out of nowhere. Although Timothy Castagne’s biography received many accolades, only a few of his fans took the time to read it. We decided to take the time to write it because of our love for soccer. And now without further ado, let us begin.
He is known by the nickname Tim in his biography. Mr. and Mrs. Pierre Castagne, from Arlon, a town in Belgium, gave birth to Timothy Castagne on the 5th day of December 1995.
He was the first child and only son in a family of three children – a boy and two girls). All of his children are the result of the union between his mother and father (Pierre).
As a child, Timothy Castagne enjoyed a blissful childhood spent with his best friend, who also happens to be his beloved sister, Noemie. Since the very beginning, Timothy has been a role model to Noemie. Timothy Castagne’s parents decided to have a second child after a decade and some years had passed.
Tim and Noemie made the decision when they were teenagers. I must say that having Emmi as a member of the family was an incredible experience for us all. From the Belgian perspective, the feeling of having Emmi in your life is a priceless treasure for every single member of the family. The beautiful Emmi still remains the bonafide baby of the house at the time of writing this biography.
The son of the former Luxembourg Golden Boot winner, Timothy is the subject of numerous sporting websites. The father of Nicolai happened to be a professional footballer who, not only once, but twice, was one of the top scorers in Luxembourg during the 90s. Unlike his other brother – Romelu Lukaku – Timothy Castagne didn’t grow up poor. Both Timothy Castagne and Romelu were once footballers. However, unlike Romelu, Timothy Castagne’s father wisely invested his money.
Pierre did more than just provide for his family. He became a role model to his children – especially Timothy. The footballer’s ancestry can be traced back to Arlon. It is the capital of Luxembourg, the southernmost Belgian province. Approximately 30,000 people live in Arlon, and it is the Belgian border with Luxembourg.
Timothy Castagne’s relatives speak Luxembourgish, a traditional West Germanic language. It is primarily spoken in Southern Belgium and Luxembourg. He combined academic learning with professional football training at an early age. From an early age, Tim displayed versatility and was very adept at juggling multiple priorities.
Growing up, the Belgian had one goal: to follow in his father’s footsteps. When Pierre Castagne retired from football, it was hard for him. Because of this, Timothy hoped to follow in his Dad’s footsteps as a football player. Castagne attended a boarding school in the Belgian city of Liege, according to research. A mighty club in Belgium, Standard Liege, allowed him to train with their youth teams.
Castagne joined SB Waltzing-Bonnert’s adolescent soccer team in 2004. A year later, the youngster started playing for the young Lorrain Arlon during weekends.
Timothy’s experience playing youth soccer at Lorrain Arlon earned him the right to attend a trial at a top academy, Virton. This young man passed their trials with flying colors. He rose to become Virton’s best player in his age grade.
His greatest dream was to become a member of the Premier League. In case you didn’t know, the 12-year-old was a big fan of Arsenal and Thierry Henry. During that time, Castagne wanted to play at Highbury Stadium. The largest dub in the province where Timothy Castagne’s fans live is Virtuton. Consequently, the Belgian community grew rapidly there.
He developed into a polyvalent at the club. Considering his speed – which he possesses in abundance – Tim could play any position well. Scouts were attracted by Genk’s rapid growth, development, and exploration. The Racing Club met with Timothy Castagne’s parents to discuss his transfer, which was approved.
For the young Belgian, things just kept getting better when he joined Genk. Timothy Castagne had no bounds of joy in 2013 when he got a national Belgian 018 call. At this time, our boy was trying to wrap up playing academy football.
Injury And Rise To Fame
Tim Castagne had a problematic and unfortunate start to his professional career. In mid-April 2015, he collided with a Waasland-Beveren player during a match in the Jupiler Pro League.
Timothy received a mild concussion after the collision, which he initially thought was nothing to worry about.
A few months later (around December 2015), the same injury returned to haunt him. An opponent fouled him during a match, which triggered an old injury.
In that match, Timothy was substituted at 37 minutes due to a serious injury – with Genk medics rushing to his aid. Sadly, Castagne was sidelined for more than a year by that injury.
Castagne continued to experience headaches and vision problems even after he recovered. Racing Genk’s medical staff decided at this point to take additional medical tests to determine the exact cause of the injury. The medics advised Timothy to rest more until these results are known. While the Belgian continues to train, he avoids making competitions and duels. These were the most challenging moments of his career.
Following a return from injury, the Belgian left a good impression with Genk’s first team. As the most versatile player in the Belgian Pro League, he attracted many top clubs around Europe. Timothy joined Serie A club Atalanta in July 2017 for €6 million. In his first season, the rising Belgian star excelled – even achieving significant improvements in his second.
In Castagne’s opinion, he was ready for a new challenge after spending three years with Atalanta. Pierre Castagne, like his father, sprang into action in an effort to get his son the best deal. Spurs were the favorite to sign the versatile Defender when Jose Mourinho took over. As we know him, the Portuguese devised all means to capture him. Mourinho even conducted a video conference with Timothy Castagne’s father, according to research.
During that conversation, Pierre Castagne observed that Tottenham Hotspurs could not afford to hire his son. At this point, Mourinho considered selling Aurier to meet up Timothy’s price.
Timothy Castagne Net Worth
How much does he earn in 2022?
In September 2020 the right-back signed a contract with Leicester City that nets him a whopping salary of 1.9 million euros (1.7 Million Pound) per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns €5,205 (£4,713) per day and €217 (£196) per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2022
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||12.5 Million Euro (11.4 Million Pound)|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Not Available|
|Annual Salary||1.9 Million Euro (1.7 Million Pound)|
|Per Month Salary||€158,333 (£137,681)|
|Per Week Salary||€36,538 (£31,773)|
|Per Day Salary||€5,205 (£4,527)|
|Per Hour Salary||€217 (£188)|
|Per Minute Salary||€4 (£3)|
|Current Contract||With Leicester City|
|Contract Signed||Sep 3, 2020|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2025|
|Contract Signing Amount||$19.80 million|
|Market Value||$30.80 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$30.80 Million (May 26, 2021)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
During his time playing for Atalanta in Serie A, the 26-year-old Belgian caught the eye and paved the way for a move to Premier League club Leicester City in 2020. As a result of Timo’s 5-year contract with Leicester, his net worth went up to around 12.5 million euros (11.4 million pounds), while his market value was around $30.80 million Leicester paid for his services.
Castagne grew up in Arlon, the capital of Belgian Luxembourg, where he played for local clubs US Waltzing and Lorrain Arlon before attending the youth academy of Virton, the largest club in the province. After attending a boarding school in the area, he practiced with the youth teams of Standard Liège but continued to play matches at Virton on the weekends.
- Castagne moved to Genk after Standard decided not to recruit him permanently. He signed a professional contract for three years with Genk in June 2013.
- Then Genk coach Mario Been included him in training camp with the first team after he made a good impression so that he was definitively included in the first team in the second half of the season.
- Under new head coach Alex McLeish, he made his Belgian Pro League debut against Club Brugge on 14 September 2014. On 2 May 2015, Castagne scored his first senior goal in a 7–1 home win.
- After Andrea Conti left Atalanta for Milan in July 2017, he joined Serie A club Atalanta in a €6 million deal. In Bergamo’s win over Napoli in the Coppa Italia on 2 January 2018, he scored his first goal for the team.
- After the first season of adaptation, his play improved in the first half of the second season, and on 27 August 2018, he scored his first Serie A goal in a 3–3 draw against Roma.
- Hans Hateboer alternated with him at right wing-back; he scored four goals in the league overall; the others came in the second leg against Roma, and two crucial victories against Lazio (1–3) and Genoa (2–1).
- He continued to alternate with Hateboer the following season, scoring two goals in all competitions: on 22 September 2019, he scored the equalizing goal in the 95th minute against Fiorentina in the 2–2 draw, and the other in the UEFA Champions League, scoring the first goal in a 0–3 win over Shakhtar Donetsk allowing the Nerazzurri to advance to the round of 16;
- Castagne made 96 appearances for Atalanta in three years and scored 8 goals in all competitions. A difficult relationship with coach Gian Piero Gasperini motivated his farewell.
Castagne signed a five-year contract with Premier League club Leicester City on 3 September 2020. On 13 September 2020, he scored his first Premier League goal for Leicester City in a 3–0 win over West Bromwich Albion; this made him the fifth Belgian player to score on his Premier League debut, after Luc Nilis, Thomas Vermaelen, Christian Benteke and Leandro Trossard.
- Castagne started for the Belgium national team in a friendly against Scotland on 7 September 2018.
- On 22 March 2019, he assisted Leicester teammate Youri Tielemans in a 3–1 win over Russia in the UEFA Euro 2020 qualifiers.
- After colliding head-to-head with Daler Kuzyayev in the 25th minute of Belgium’s UEFA Euro 2020 opening game against Russia on 12 June 2021, he was sent off.
- They were both substituted. In the tournament, Castagne suffered a double eye socket fracture and had to withdraw.
Facts About Timothy Castagne
- He played football for the youth teams of SB Waltzing-Bonnert, Lorrain Arlon, Virton, and Genk.
- Genek signed him to a professional contract for three years in June 2013.
- On 14 September 2014, he started his first game in the Belgian Pro League against Club Brugge. He scored his first senior goal in a 7-1 win against Waasland-Beveren on May 2, 2015.
- From 2014 to 2017, he played 80 times and scored one goal for Genk.
- He joined Serie A club Atalanta for €6 million on 7 July 2017.
- His first goal for the club came in a 1-2 win against Napoli in Coppa Italia on 2 January 2018. In a 3-3 draw against Roma on 27 August 2018, he scored his first goal in Serie A.
- In a 0-3 victory over Shakhtar Donetsk on 11 December 2019, he scored his first UEFA Champions League goal.
- In three years at Atalanta, he made 96 appearances and scored eight goals in all competitions.
- He will sign a five-year contract with Premier League club Leicester City on 3 September 2020.
- He made his Leicester City debut on 13 September 2020, scoring his first goal in a 3-0 win over West Bromwich Albion. Thus, he became the fifth Belgian player to score on his Premier League debut.
- In a 2-1 win over Crystal Palace on 27 April 2021, he scored his first goal of 2021.
- He has represented Belgium at various ages.
- He has represented Belgium at the U18, U19, U21, and senior levels.
- Belgium’s 0-4 friendly win over Scotland on 7 September 2018 marked his debut for the national team.
- The 22 March 2019 match against Russia in the Euro 2020 qualifiers saw him provide an assist for Leicester teammate Youri Tielemans.
- On 8 June 2019, he scored his first goal for Belgium in a 3-0 win against Kazakhstan in a Euro 2020 qualifier.
Is Timothy Castagne Italian?
Timothy Castagne was born to his parents Mr. and Mrs. Pierre Castagne, in Arlon, a town in Belgium.
How old is Timothy Castagne?
What team is Castagne?
- Leicester City F.C.
- Belgium national football team
What position is Castagne?
As an outfield player for an association football team, a defender’s primary role is to stop attacks and prevent the opposing team from scoring goals. Center-backs are usually in pairs, with two full-backs to their left and right, but can come in threes with no full-backs.