Kajal Aggarwal Biography, Age, Height, Affairs, Family & Wiki
Kajal Aggarwal (born 19 June 1985) is an Indian film actress and model. She has established a career in the Telugu and Tamil film industries and has been nominated for four Filmfare Awards South. Aggarwal made her acting debut with the 2004 Bollywood film Kyun! Ho Gaya Na and had her first Telugu film release in 2007, Lakshmi Kalyanam. In the same year, she starred in the box office hit Chandamama, which earned her recognition. The 2009 historical fiction Telugu film Magadheera marked a turning point in her career, earning her critical acclaim. It ranks among the highest-grossing Telugu films of all time and fetched her Best Actress nominations at several award ceremonies including Filmfare.
She subsequently starred in Telugu films such as Darling (2010), Brindavanam (2010), Mr. Perfect (2011), Businessman (2012), Naayak (2013), Baadshah (2013), Govindudu Andarivadele (2014), Temper (2015) and Khaidi No. 150 (2017). Kajal also played the female lead in the high-profile Tamil projects Naan Mahaan Alla (2010), Maattrraan (2012), Thuppakki (2012), Jilla(2014), Vivegam(2017) and Mersal (2017). She made a comeback to Bollywood with Singham (2011), which was a hit, while another film Special 26 (2013) was also a box office success.
Kajal Aggarwal Biography
Kajal Aggarwal is a very beautiful Indian actress, she was born on 19 June 1985 in Mumbai, Maharashtra. She completed his early studies at St Anne’s High School, Mumbai. And then a degree in Mass Media specializing in Advertising and Marketing from Jai Hind College, Mumbai.
Kajal Aggarwal Bio/Wiki
Family, Education & More
Father- Vinay Aggarwal (Entrepreneur)
Mother- Suman Aggarwal (Confectioner)
Sister- Nisha Agarwal (Actress)
Kajal Aggarwal was born and brought up in a Punjabi family settled in Mumbai. Her father Vinay Aggarwal is an entrepreneur in the textile business and her mother Suman Aggarwal is a confectioner, and also Kajal’s business manager. Kajal has a younger sister Nisha Aggarwal, an actress in Telugu, Tamil and Malayalam cinema, who is now married to Karan Valecha (Managing director Golds gyms, Asia).
She studied at St. Anne’s High School, fort and completed her pre-university education at Jai Hind College. She pursued her graduation in mass media, with a specialization in marketing and advertising, from Kishinchand Chellaram College. Having harbored MBA dreams all through her growing years, she intends to achieve a post-graduation degree soon.
Kajal Aggarwal Height, Weight & More
Height (approx.) in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in Feet Inches- 5′ 5″
Weight (approx.) in Kilograms- 55 Kg
in Pounds- 121 lbs
Figure Measurements (approx.) 32-26-32
Eye Colour Black
Hair Colour Dark Brown
Kajal Aggarwal Photos
Kajal Aggarwal Age, Personal Life & More
Date of Birth 19 June 1985
Age (as in 2018) 33 Years
Birth Place Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Zodiac sign/Sun sign Gemini
Hometown Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
School St. Anne’s High School, Mumbai
College Jai Hind College, Mumbai
K.C. College, Mumbai
Educational Qualification Degree in Mass Media specializing in Advertising and Marketing
Debut Bollywood Film: Kyun! Ho Gaya Na (2004)
Telugu Film: Lakshmi Kalyanam (2007)
Tamil Film: Pazhani (2008)
Kajal Aggarwal Instagram
Kajal Aggarwal Net Worth
Kajal Aggarwal’s net worth has accumulated to approximately $5 million dollars. She owns a luxury flat in the post area of Mumbai that would be estimated at over Rs 3 crore.
Kajal Aggrawal Career / Movies
Film debut and struggles of Kajal Aggrawal (2004–08)
Aggarwal made her acting debut in the 2004 Bollywood film Kyun! Ho Gaya Na, in which she had a minor supporting role as the friend of Diya. She appeared in veteran Tamil director Bharathiraja’s Bommalattam, alongside Arjun Sarja. The film was delayed and released in late 2008.
Aggarwal made her debut in the Telugu film industry and played her first leading role in 2007 in Teja’s Lakshmi Kalyanam, alongside Kalyan Ram; it did not fare well at the box office. Later that year, she appeared in the Krishna Vamsi-directed Chandamama, which opened to positive reviews and became her first major successful film. In 2008, she had her first Tamil film release, Perarasu’s action entertainer Pazhani, co-starring Bharath. She had two more Tamil releases that year with Venkat Prabhu’s comedy-thriller Saroja, in which she did a guest appearance and Bharathiraja’s investigative thriller Bommalattam.
Although the former went on to become a commercial as well as a critical success, both films failed to boost her career as her roles were too insignificant. Her Telugu releases Pourudu and Aatadista opposite Sumanth and Nitin, respectively, did not receive positive reviews, but both were successful at the box office.
Public recognition and critical acclaim (2009–11)
Aggarwal had four releases in 2009. She first starred opposite Vinay Rai in the Tamil film Modhi Vilayadu, which garnered mixed reviews and was a financial failure. She then appeared in the high budget Telugu historical drama Magadheera, alongside Ram Charan Teja, which saw her playing double roles for the first time. The film, directed by S. S. Rajamouli, received overwhelming critical acclaim, while Aggarwal, in particular, was praised for her portrayal of a princess. Aggarwal was nominated for the Filmfare Award for Best Actress in Telugu and nominated for the award for Best Telugu Actress in the South Scope Awards for her performance. It was highly successful commercially and broke several records, emerging as the highest-grossing Telugu film of all time. Magadheera‘s success turned Aggarwal into one of the most sought-after actresses in the Telugu cinema. It was released again in Tamil as Maaveeran in 2011 and was also successful at the box office. Her subsequent releases Ganesh Just Ganesh, opposite Ram and Arya 2 opposite Allu Arjun received mixed reviews from critics, while her performance garnered positive feedback.
Aggarwal’s first 2010 release was A. Karunakaran’s romantic comedy Darling, which featured her alongside Prabhas and received a favorable response, becoming a commercial success at the box office, with Kajal receiving her second Filmfare nomination for Best Actress. Later that year, Aggarwal appeared in the Tamil thriller film Naan Mahaan Alla, opposite Karthi, which was based on a real-life incident and opened to positive reviews. It was a box office success.
The chemistry between Karthi and Aggarwal was widely praised. It was later dubbed in Telugu as Naa Peru Siva in Andhra Pradesh and was a success. Aggarwal’s final release in 2010 was another romantic comedy Brindavanam opposite Jr. NTR and Samantha, which received critical acclaim and went on to become a commercial success, while fetching Aggarwal the CineMAA Award for Best Actress.
In 2011, Aggarwal was paired with Prabhas for the second time in the romantic comedy Mr. Perfect, directed by Dasaradh. The film became a critical and commercial success. Kajal’s performance as a conservative doctor and her chemistry with Prabhas was praised by critics. Kajal received her third Filmfare nomination for Best Actress in Telugu for her performance. In May, she appeared in Veera, replacing Anushka Shetty and starring opposite Ravi Teja for the first time. The film received moderate reviews.
In July that year, Aggarwal made her Bollywood comeback after seven years with a leading role in the police story Singham, a remake of the same-titled 2010 Tamil film, opposite Ajay Devgn. It received mixed reviews from critics, as did her portrayal of a Goan girl Kavya Bhosle, with critics stating that Aggarwal had not much to offer in the hero-centric film. Komal Nahta noted that “Kaajal Aggarwal acts with effortless ease. Her performance is good”, while Filmfare wrote that “Kajal who looks pretty and has done what she has been told to, but probably deserved a meatier debut”. Nevertheless, the film was a hit at the box office. She was nominated for two awards for her performance: the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut and the Zee Cine Award for Best Female Debut. Aggarwal finished 2011 with the Telugu film Dhada, opposite Naga Chaitanya, which failed at the box office.
Commercial success (2012–14)
- In early 2012, Aggarwal appeared in the Telugu gangster film Businessman, alongside Mahesh Babu, directed by Puri Jagannadh. A Sankranthi release, it opened to positive reviews and was a commercial success. Aggarwal’s performance, though limited, was praised by critics.
- Aggarwal made a comeback to Tamil cinema later that year with two high-profile action flicks. The first was Maattrraan, directed by K. V. Anand and starring Suriya. The film received mixed to positive reviews from critics. Her performance was well-received; a review carried by The Indian Express summarised: “Kajal does with utmost sincerity as the foreign language translator Anjali. It’s this trait and her graceful demeanor which makes Kajal a pleasant watch”.
- I prefer the Telugu film industry as women are respected more than they are in the Tamil film industry. In Tamil cinema, they care only about their hero. Of course, I don’t give a shit and go and sit in my van
- The second was A. R. Murugadoss’s Thuppakki, starring Vijay, in which she played the role of a boxer. It received mostly positive reviews from the critics and was a major commercial success, becoming the second Tamil film ever to collect over ₹100 crores (US$14 million). Her final release in 2012 was the Telugu romance film Sarocharu, opposite Ravi Teja for the second time. Although her performance was praised by critics, the film received poor reviews and did below-average business at the box office.
- In early 2013, Aggarwal starred in V. V. Vinayak’s action film Naayak, opposite Ram Charan Teja and Amala Paul. Upon release, it received positive reviews and was a major commercial success. Also that year, she starred in the Hindi film Special 26, a heist drama directed by Neeraj Pandey. It went on to be a major critical and commercial success.
- She later appeared in Srinu Vaitla’s Baadshah, opposite Jr. NTR for the second time in her career. Upon its release, critics appreciated her performance. The Times of India commented: “Kajal is as usual an eye-candy. She’s got a good role and has done justice to her performance. Also, she looks stunning in the songs.” The film was a financial success. Her final release in 2013 was All in All Azhagu Raja, opposite Karthi, which released on Diwali to negative reviews from critics.
- In early 2014, Aggarwal starred in R. T. Neason’s masala film Zilla, in which she played a police officer. She then featured in a cameo appearance in the Telugu action thriller film Yevadu. Her next release was Krishna Vamsi’s family drama Govindudu Andarivadele, which released in October to positive reviews. It grossed ₹416.5 million (US$6.0 million) at the box office and became one of the highest-grossing Telugu films of 2014.
Setback and recent work (2015–present)
- Kajal’s first release of 2015 was in the Telugu action film Temper, directed by Puri Jagannadh, alongside NTR Jr. The film received positive responses from critics and was a commercial success at the box office. Kajal played the role of an animal lover and on her performance, a critic from The Times of India said: “Despite her limited role, the actress does well”.
- Next, she featured in two Tamil films, working with industry-leading actors and directors. In July 2015 she was seen as an entrepreneur in Balaji Mohan’s gangster comedy film Maari, opposite Dhanush. Critics rated it as a “regular masala movie” and Rediff noted: “Kajal Aggarwal does have a significant role to play, but their onscreen chemistry just does not work”. The film became a commercial success. Her other release, Suseenthiran’s action film Paayum Puli, alongside Vishal, received mixed reviews and failed at the box office. Reviewers criticized her character stating: “badly written and has nothing more to do with the script” She also did a cameo appearance in the bilingual romantic comedy film Size Zero.
- The year 2016 saw Kajal appear in two high-profile Telugu films. She played the lead female role, marking her first collaboration with Pawan Kalyan, in the masala film Sardaar Gabbar Singh, directed by K. S. Ravindra. The critical reaction of the film was mixed to negative, though Kajal’s performance was positive. A reviewer from the Deccan Chronicle wrote: “Kajal Aggarwal plays the perfect princess and looks beautiful and elegant.
- In fact, she is a breath of air in the film”. The film grossed ₹90 crores (US$13 million) worldwide. Her second Telugu release was Srikanth Addala’s family drama Brahmotsavam, opposite Mahesh Babu, which was a major critical and commercial failure. Among the female leads, her performance as a “new age girl” was well-received, despite the role having limited screen time. She next starred opposite Randeep Hooda in the romantic drama Hindi film Do Lafzon Ki Kahani. The film received moderate reviews.
- In April 2016, she signed another Telugu film directed by Teja, starring opposite Rana Daggubati In June 2016, she signed for Vivegam, starring opposite Ajith Kumar. In July 2016, she signed for the Telugu film Khaidi No. 150, starring opposite Chiranjeevi for the first time in his 150th film.
- In late July 2016, she signed to perform her first item number in Koratala Siva’s Janatha Garage, featuring Mohanlal, Jr NTR, Samantha Ruth Prabhu and Nithya Menen in the lead roles. The shooting of the song took place in mid-August 2016. That song, titled “Pakka Local”, was well received by the audience. Her next release, Kavalai Vendam, received mixed to positive reviews, but her performance was praised by critics. In December 2016, she signed for Vijay 61, starring opposite Vijay.
- Aggarwal’s first 2017 release was the Telugu-language action drama film Khaidi No. 150, starring opposite Chiranjeevi. It received mostly positive reviews and turned out to be a commercial success, with Aggarwal’s performance praised by critics. In January 2017, in a poll conducted by the Hyderabad Times, she topped the list of Most Desirable Women 2016. In 2017, she appeared in the Political drama Nene Raju Nene Mantri, as Radha Jogendhra, a loyal wife who acts as a moral balance to Rana Daggubati’s character.
- Her performance received praise from critics. She then appeared as the lead female role in the spy action film, Vivegam, as Yazhini Kumar, a music teacher and loving wife of a spy. Her performance was again praised by critics. She then portrayed the supporting role in Atlee’s Mersal as a doctor and featured alongside Vijay for the third time in her career and her performance received positive reviews while the film became one of the highest-grossing Tamil films of 2017. Mersal went on to join the ₹200 crore club.
- In 2018, Aggarwal had a leading role in the Telugu film MLA. In April 2018, she signed to a Telugu film which also features Ravi Teja, marking her third collaboration with the actor.
- Aggarwal endorses a large number of brands. Before starting her film career, she had acted in commercials as a model. Aggarwal represents Celebrity Cricket League as a brand ambassador. She is the brand ambassador for Lux. She endorses several retail and jewelry stores in south India — RS Brothers in Hyderabad, Sri Lakshmi Jewellery in Puducherry and AVR in Salem. She has featured in television advertisements along with Karthi, endorsing Bru instant coffee. She has endorsed mobile brands such as Samsung Mobile and has featured in advertisements for the Secunderabad-based The Chennai Shopping Mall. In April 2012, Kajal was announced as the brand ambassador for Panasonic. In 2013, Aggarwal was signed by Dabur as the brand ambassador of its hair oil brand DaburAmlaNelli. She also endorses Green Trends, a leading salon brand in India.
Kajal Aggarwal Movies List
Awards and nominations
Filmfare Awards South
The Filmfare Awards South is the South Indian segment of the annual Filmfare Awards, presented by The Times Group to honor the artistic and technical excellence of professionals in the South Indian film industry.
- 2009 – Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Telugu for Magadheera
- 2010 – Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Telugu for Darling
- 2011 – Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Telugu for Mr. Perfect
- 2014 – Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Telugu for Govindudu Andarivadele
- 2012 – Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut- Hindi for Singham
South Indian International Movie Awards
- 2013 – SIIMA Award for Best Actress (Critics) – Tamil for Thuppakki
- 2013 – Youth Icon of South Indian Cinema
- 2012 – SIIMA Award for Best Actress – Telugu for Mr. Perfect
- 2012 – SIIMA Award for Best Actress – Telugu for Businessman
- 2013 – SIIMA Award for Best Actress – Telugu for Baadshah
- 2013 – SIIMA Award for Best Actress – Tamil for Thuppakki.
- 2014 – SIIMA Award for Best Actress – Telugu for Govindudu Andarivadele
The CineMAA Awards are presented annually by the Movie Artists Association Group to honor the artistic and technical excellence of professionals in the Telugu Cinema.
- 2011 – CineMAA Award for Best Actress – Telugu for Brindaavanam (2010)
- 2013 – CineMAA Award for Best Actress -Tamil for Thuppakki (2012)
- 2010 – CineMAA Award for Best Actress – Telugu for Magadheera (2009)
- 2012 – CineMAA Award for Best Actress – Telugu for Mr. Perfect (2011)
- Vijay Award for Favourite Heroine-For Thuppakki (2012)
- Vijay Award for Best Actress – For Thuppakki (2012)
Nominated The Gorgeous Belle – For Maari (2015)
Winner The Gorgeous Belle of the year (2016)
Zee Telugu Apsara Awards 2016
Winner Fashion Icon of the year & Most Popular Female celebrity on Social Media
Winner – Femina Penn Shakti Awards 2013
Winner – Femina Power List South 2016
Winner – Zee Telugu Golden Awards 2017 Best Actress
“Hyderabad Times Most Desirable Women 2016 ” -Telugu
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kajal Aggarwal
- Does Kajal Aggarwal smoke?: No
- Does Kajal Aggarwal drink alcohol?: No
- Kajal was born into a middle-class Punjabi family with roots in Amritsar.
- When she was doing her final year internship with L’Oreal, a photographer recommended her to try her luck in modeling. Later, she had a photoshoot; and as a result, she grabbed her first South Indian film alongside Nana Patekar.
- Kajal is also known as Miss Congeniality in the South Indian film industry due to her friendly nature and ability to get along with others well.
- She is a good friend of actress Tamannaah Bhatia and actor Ram Charan.
- She did a few Hindi films like Kyun! Ho Gaya Na, Singham and Special 26.
- She has a fear of dogs.
- She supports PETA’s initiative to Ban Animal Circuses to stop the torture faced by animals in circuses.
- In 2010, she won the CineMAA Award for Best Actress (Telugu) for the film Brindaavanam.
- In 2013, she was declared as the Youth Icon of South Indian Cinema.
Is Kajal Aggarwal Married?
Kajal Aggarwal Is Rumoured To Tie The Knot With A Businessman Sometime Next Year. Responding To Rumours Of A Wedding, Actor Kajal Aggarwal Has Confirmed She Indeed Plans To Get Married Soon. Kajal Was Reportedly Speaking On Laxmi Manchu’s Chat Show Feet Up With The Stars Telugu When She Made The Confirmation.
Is Kajal Aggarwal In Punjabi?
Kajal Aggarwal Belongs To A Middle-class Punjabi Vaishya (Bania) Family. She Was Born To Entrepreneur, Vinay Aggarwal, And A Confectioner, Suman Aggarwal. She Has A Younger Sister Nisha Aggarwal, Who Is Also A South Indian Actress. Kajal Aggarwal Traces Her Roots Back To Amritsar, Punjab, India.
What Is The Real Name Of Kajal Agarwal?
Kajal Aggarwal. Kajal Aggarwal (Born 19 June 1985) Is An Indian Film Actress And Model.
Can Kajal Agarwal Speak Telugu?
Kajal Agarwal Can Understand Telugu. I Am Not Sure About Tamizh Since I Have Not Seen Any Of Her Tamizh Interviews. She Came Into Telugu Film Industry In 2007. So It Has Been 9Years Of Her Stint In Telugu Film Industry Yet Her Telugu Is Not At All Good.