Lucy Liu is an American actress, director, voice actress, producer, and singer. An attractive and brilliant actress, she provides as an inspiration to many Asian actors who pursue to make it big in Hollywood. Following a string of early arrivals in some popular series, she achieved fame when she enlisted the cast of the legal comedy series ‘Ally McBeal’ where she performed the malicious ‘Ling Woo.’ The actress converted her sudden popularity into big-screen appearances in films, such as ‘Shanghai Noon’ and ‘Charlie’s Angels.’ She then distributed an outstanding work as Japanese crime lord ‘O-Ren Ishii’ in Quentin Tarantino’s ‘Kill Bill, Volume 1.’
Around the same time, she also performed lead appearances in some box office failures, such as ‘Rise: Blood Hunter.’ She then started voicing prominent roles in animated films, such as ‘Kung Fu Panda’ and ‘Tinker Bell.’ Small screen characters, such as ‘Mia Mason’ in ‘Cashmere Mafia’ failed to contribute results. A recurring appearance in the critically acclaimed police drama series ‘Southland’ helped re-establish herself as a prominent actress. Liu chooses her roles with utmost care so as to bypass being typecast in an ambitious industry. Though she has grasped her roots, she has not allowed it to limit her as an artist.
- Paris Hilton Bio, Age, Height, Boyfriend, Net Worth, Simple Life & Wiki
- Sandra Oh Bio, Age, Height, Husband, Net Worth, Movies, TV Show & Wiki
|Birth Name||Lucy Liu|
|Age||(as in 2022) 54 Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Sagittarius|
|Birth Place||Queens, New York City, New York, United States|
|Date of Birth||02 December 1968|
|Home Town||New York City|
|Mother's Name||Cecile Liu (Biochemist)|
|Father's Name||Tom Liu (Trained civil engineer and digital clock pen salesman)|
|Brother||Alex Liu (Older)|
|Sister||Jenny Liu (Older)|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• George Clooney (2000 and 2006)|
• Zach Helm (2002-2004)
• Wladimir Klitschko (2008)
• Will McCormack
• Noam Gottesman
Marital Status, Husband and Children
|Children||Son- Rockwell Lloyd (born through surrogacy)|
|School||• Joseph Pulitzer Middle School|
• Stuyvesant High School
|College/University||• New York University|
• University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
|Profession||Actress, voice actress, director, producer, singer, artist|
|Brands Endorsed||• Revlon’s Super Lustrous Lipstick and Revlon’s Hair Treatment products.|
• SBC Internet service
• Suntory Diet Beer
• Lee Jeans
|Career Manager||Framework Entertainment|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 160 cm|
in meters- 1.60 m
in feet inches- 5’3”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 52 kg|
in pounds- 115 lbs
|Breast Size||34 Inches|
|Hips Size||34 Inches|
|Waist Size||23 Inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Asian|
|Dress Size||2 (US) or 34 (EU)|
|Shoe Size||6 (US) or 36.5 (EU)|
|Favourite Hair Products||Dr. Bronner’s All in One soap and Davines Shampoo, and Prawduct Shampoo|
|Favourite Beauty Indulgences||Acupuncture|
Liu was born to migrants in Queens, New York, Lucy Liu has always struggled to balance an interest in her cultural heritage with a desire to move beyond a rigorously Asian-American experience. Lucy’s mother, Cecilia, a biochemist, is from Beijing, and her father, Tom Liu, a civil engineer, is from Shanghai. Once consigned to “ethnic” parts, the energetic actress is finally earning her stripes as an across-the-board leading lady.
Liu graduated from Stuyvesant High School in 1986 and joined at New York University. She was depressed by the “dark and sarcastic” atmosphere of NYU, however, she moved to the University of Michigan after her freshman year. She graduated from UM with a degree in Asian Languages and Cultures, managing to crunch in some additional training in dance, voice, fine arts, and acting.
During her senior year, Liu auditioned for a little part in a production of Alice in Wonderland and trekked away with the lead. She was encouraged by the experience, she decided to take the dive into professional acting. She moved to Los Angeles and rift her time between auditions and food service day jobs, eventually scoring a guest presence as a waitress on Beverly Hills, 90210 (1990).
That work led to more walk-on parts in shows like NYPD Blue (1993), ER (1994), and The X-Files (1993). In 1996, she was cast as an energetic college student on Rhea Perlman’s ephemeral sitcom Pearl (1996).
Lucy Liu Net Worth
Lucy Liu has a net worth of $16 million.
|Estimated Net Worth till July 2022 (Approx)||$20 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$16 Million|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
|Income Source||Actress, voice actress, director, producer, singer, artist|
Ѕhе mаdе hеr fоrtunе frоm hеr wоrk аѕ а ТV fіlm аnd ѕеrіеѕ асtоr аnd dіrесtоr. Luсу Lіu hаѕ аn араrtmеnt іn Lоѕ Аngеlеѕ, whісh ѕhе bоught іn 2012 аnd hаѕ bееn rеntіng іt fоr $12000 реr mоnth.
Неr ѕаlаrу оnlу frоm thе рrосеdurаl drаmа ѕеrіеѕ, Еlеmеntаrу іѕ $130,000 реr еріѕоdе, аnd ѕhе mаdе аrоund $5 mіllіоn frоm hеr mоѕt fаmоuѕ ТV fіlm арреаrаnсе, Сhаrlіе’ѕ Аngеlѕ аnd іtѕ ѕеquеl Сhаrlіе’ѕ Аngеlѕ: Full Тhrоttlе.
Lucy Liu Movies And TV Shows
- In 1998, Liu got her big break when she auditioned for the part of Nelle Porter, the icy new addition to the wacky law firm Cage and Fish on the hit comedy Ally McBeal, created by David E. Kelley. Though she didn’t get the part, Kelley was struck with Liu’s performance and decided to create a character expressly for her.
- Originally meant for a very limited stint, Liu’s razor-sharp portrayal of Ling Woo met with an overwhelmingly favorable reaction and her stay was extended into a regular spot on the show.
- Earning an Emmy nomination in 1999 for Best Supporting Actress, Liu undoubtedly contributed to the overall success of the show, which won the Emmy for Best Comedy that same year.
- On the big screen, Liu grabbed audiences’ attention with her turn as a leather-clad dominatrix in the poorly reviewed thriller Payback (1999), starring Mel Gibson.
- Her other film efforts released that year, including the independent feature The Mating Habits of the Earthbound Human, Play it to the Bone, with Woody Harrelson and Antonio Banderas, and Molly, starring Elisabeth Shue, quickly disappeared from view.
- Liu had a good deal more luck in 2000, starring in the hit comedy Shanghai Noon as a rebellious Chinese princess who is kidnapped and taken to America’s Wild West, only to be rescued by bumbling heroes played by Jackie Chan and Owen Wilson.
- In early 2000, it was announced that Liu had snagged one of the most coveted roles in Hollywood, that of the third glamorous female crime fighter in the big-screen update of Aaron Spelling’s 1970s detective series Charlie’s Angels. The film, which co-starred Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore and Bill Murray (with whom Liu reportedly fought during filming), was released in November 2000 and was a box office smash, taking in more than $260 million globally.
- A sequel was released in the summer 2003—Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle. Later that year, Liu starred as an assassin and Tokyo gang leader in Quentin Tarantino’s Kill Bill Vol. 1 and later made an appearance in Vol. 2 of the film the following year.
- In addition to her acting career, Liu is also an accomplished visual artist who has frequently displayed her mixed media compositions at galleries in New York and Los Angeles. In 1994, she won a grant to study art in China based on an exhibition of her work at a gallery in New York City’s SoHo neighborhood.
- Liu continued to be featured in a variety of projects over the first decade of the 2000s, including films like Domino (2005), Watching the Detectives (2007) and The Year of Getting to Know Us (2008), while also lending her voice to animated fare like Kung Fu Panda and Tinker Bell (both 2008).
- At the end of the decade, Liu made her Broadway debut as a replacement cast member for the Yasmina Reza play Gods of Carnage. Then, playing Madame Blossom, Liu returned to martial-arts themed movie work in 2012’s The Man With the Iron Fists, directed by and starring hip-hop artist RZA along with Russell Crowe.
- Also seen in series like Ugly Betty and the short-lived Cashmere Mafia, Liu eventually found another TV hit in Elementary, which launched in 2012 and ran for seven seasons, coming to an end in 2019.
- The show was a modern update of the classic Sherlock Holmes story, with Liu starring as Dr. Joan Watson. The actress also directed individual episodes.
|1992||Rhythm of Destiny|
City of Industry
The Mating Habits of the Earthbound Human
Play It to the Bone
|2002||Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever|
|2003||Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle|
Kill Bill: Volume 1
|2005 ||3 Needles|
|2006||Lucky Number Slevin|
|2007||Code Name: The Cleaner|
Rise: Blood Hunter
Watching the Detectives
|2008||The Year of Getting to Know Us|
Kung Fu Panda
|2009||Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure|
|2010||Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue|
Kung Fu Panda Holiday
The Trouble with Bliss
Kung Fu Panda 2
Someday This Pain Will Be Useful to You
|2012||Secret of the Wings|
The Man with the Iron Fists
|2014||The Pirate Fairy|
The Tale of the Princess Kaguya
Tinker Bell and the Legend of the NeverBeast
|2016||Kung Fu Panda: Secrets of the Scroll|
Kung Fu Panda 3
Set It Up
|2019 ||QT8: The First Eight|
TV Shows & Serials List
|1991||Beverly Hills, 90210|
Hercules: The Legendary Journeys
|1997||The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest|
Saturday Night Live
|2001 ||S*x and the City|
|2002||King of the Hill|
|2004 ||Jackie Chan Adventures|
|2004–2007||Maya & Miguel|
|2005||Clifford's Puppy Days|
Ben & Izzy
"Little Spirit: Christmas in New York"
|2008–2009||Dirty Se*y Money|
|2009||Afro Samurai: Resurrection|
|2010||Kung Fu Panda Holiday|
|2011||Pixie Hollow Games|
|2011–2016||Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness|
|2013 ||Pixie Hollow Bake Off|
Michael Jackson's Halloween
|2019–present||Why Women Kill|
Relationships and Son
Lucy was first revealed to be dating British actor George Clooney in 2000. They went out for a couple of months back then. In December 2006, they were revealed to have started dating once again after they were detected making outside a restaurant in New York City.
Lucy hooked up with screenwriter Zach Helm in 2002. After dating for nearly two years, they got engaged in 2004. However, their relationship did not last long after the engagement as she quit their engagement. She thinks that love should strike you like lightning and it was not the case for them.
Lucy reportedly had a short-lived fling with Ukrainian heavyweight boxing champion Klitschko in 2008.
Lucy was in a relationship with actor Will McCormack in 2004. Some sources request that they have had an on and off relationship for more than a decade. However, due to her desire to keep her love life under wraps, it can’t be said when they broke up.
Lucy started dating Noam Gottesman in 2010. Noam is an Israeli-American hedge-fund billionaire and is an avid art collector. And, it has been disclosed that their love for art brought them together. Like Lucy, Noam also loves privacy and no one knew about their relationship till they were spotted holding hands in New York City in August 2014.
In August 2015, Lucy disclosed the birth of her son, Rockwell Lloyd who was born through surrogacy.
- Paris Jackson Bio, Age, Height, Mother, Net Worth, Movies & Wiki
- Kate Hudson Bio, Age, Height, Husband, Kids, Net Worth, Movies & Wiki
- Lucy is multilingual and can speak in six languages with varying degrees of ease. She is fluent in Mandarin, which is her first language and English, which she initiated speaking at the age of 5. She is far less fluent in Italian, Spanish, French, and Japanese.
- In her free time, she likes to head out for hiking. She also enjoys skiing, horseback riding, and rock climbing in her leisure time.
- In 2000, she formed her own small piece of history by becoming the first Asian American female host of the TV series, Saturday Night Live.
- Before entering her feet in the film industry, she used to work as an aerobics instructor. She has also pursued in the capacity of a waitress at the Ann Arbor Comedy Showcase Club.
- At the age of 21, she was found by an agent while she was using a public subway metro.
- Lucy had primarily auditioned for the character of Nelle Porter on the comedy TV series, Ally McBeal. The show producers created the role of Ling Woo especially for her. Basically, it was decided that her character in the popular FOX TV series would be temporary. However, the positive response from the audiences led to her becoming a regular cast member.
- In 2005, the FHM magazine placed her on the 56th position in the list of “100 S*xiest Women in the World”. In 2006, she was set on the 79th rank on the same list.
- In 2016, Harvard University acknowledged her Artist of the Year. She was also honored with Harvard Foundation’s prestigious art medal.
- As an artist, she has dabbled in collage making, photography, and paintings. Her painting Escape has been showcased at Montblanc’s Cutting Edge Art Collection.
- In September 2006, she donated proceeds from her art show to UNICEF. She hosted another show in Munich in 2008 for similar work.
- Liu was made an ambassador for U.S. Fund for UNICEF in 2004. In her new character, she traveled to several countries such as Pakistan and Lesotho.
- In 2011, she was assigned as a spokeswoman for the Human Rights Campaign. She has also worked to spread awareness about malnutrition and iron deficiency among children in developing countries.
- The Empire magazine ranked her at 96th spot in the “100 Sexiest Movie Stars” list in 2007.
- In November 2011, she published her art book, Seventy-Two, which featured 72 of her ink and acrylic paintings. A part of proceeds from book sales was donated to UNICEF.
Why Is Lucy Liu Blonde?
“She Just Wanted A Change, And She Was Sick Of The Dark Hair,” Hunter, Who Co-founded The Whittemore House Salon In New York City, Told Today Style. Taking Liu’s Hair From Jet Black To Blond Was Quite The Process. “She Had Her Hair Bleached Four Times, And Then The Very Last Time, It Was Actually Hair Painted.”
Does Lucy Liu Speak Chinese?
Liu Has Stated That She Grew Up In A Diverse Neighborhood. She Learned To Speak Mandarin At Home And Began Studying English When She Was 5. She Studied The Martial Art Kali-eskrima-silat As A Hobby When She Was Young. Liu Earned A Bachelor’s Degree In Asian Languages And Cultures.
Does Lucy Liu Have Cancer?
Lucy Liu Tells Of Breast Cancer Scare. Actress Lucy Liu Says She Suffered A Breast Cancer Scare 10 Years Ago. The 33-year-old ‘charlie’s Angels’ Star Told A Us Newspaper She Had Surgery To Remove A Lump That She Was Told Was Cancerous.
Does Lucy Liu Know Karate?
Liu Has Stated That She Grew Up In A Diverse Neighborhood. She Learned To Speak Mandarin At Home And Began Studying English When She Was 5. She Studied The Martial Art Kali-eskrima-silat As A Hobby When She Was Young.
Can Lucy Liu Do Martial Arts?
From A Young Age, Lucy Liu Was Trained In The Martial Arts Of Kali-eskrima-silat, Aka The Weapons-Based Technique Of Fighting Involving Sticks, Knives, And Other Types Of Blades. Less Dangerously, She Is Also Trained In Rock-climbing, Skiing, And Even Horseback Riding.
What Is Lucy Liu Doing After Elementary?
Lucy Liu Has Been Cast In A Lead Role In The Upcoming CBS All Access Dramedy Series “Why Women Kill,” Variety Has Learned. Liu Has Also Become Active As A Director In Recent Years, Helming Multiple Episodes Of “Elementary” As Well As “Luke Cage” And “Graceland.”