Jorge Alba Ramos, also known as Jordi Alba, is a Spanish professional football player who currently plays as a left-back for La Liga club Barcelona and for the Spanish national team. The player started his career at Barcelona, but he was released after being deemed too small. After joining Cornellà, he then moved to Valencia. It was in 2012 when he returned to Barcelona, where he has won sixteen major honors, including five La Liga titles, five Copas del Rey, and one UEFA Champions League.
After being selected by Spain three times in the youth team and scoring one goal, Alba made his senior debut for his country in 2011. The midfielder was an integral member of the UEFA Euro 2012 winning team and he also played in the squads at the World Cups in 2014 and 2018, as well as the European Championships in 2016 and 2020.
Jordi Alba Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Jorge Alba Ramos|
|Nick Name||• Squirrel|
• Moto GP
|Age||33 (as in 2022) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Aries|
|Born Place||L'Hospitalet de Llobregat, Spain|
|Date of Birth||21 March 1989|
|Residence||L'Hospitalet de Llobregat, Spain|
|Home Town||L'Hospitalet de Llobregat, Spain|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Horse Riding|
|Mother's Name||Maria Jose|
|Father's Name||Miguel Alba|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Wife/Spouse||Engaged to Romarey Ventura|
|Children||Daughters- 1- Name Not Available|
Sons- Piero Alba Ventura
|School||Barcelona school of Spanish|
|College/University||Barcelona school of Spanish|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||InterStarDeporte|
|Debut Club||• June 28, 2012: FC Barcelona |
• 2009: Valencia CF
• 2008: Gimnastic de Tarragona, Catalonia national fo...
• 2007: Valencia CF Mestalla
• 2005: UE Cornelia
|Debut International||• 2011: Spain national football team|
|Jersey Number||• 18 (FC Barcelona)|
• 18 (Spain national football team)
|Current Team(s)||• FC Barcelona|
• Spain national football team
|Position||Defender - Left-Back|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm|
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet inches- 5’7”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 68 kg|
in pounds- 150 lbs
|Chest Size||40 inches|
|Biceps Size||14 inches|
|Waist Size||32 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Spanish|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||9 U.S.|
|Shoe Size||10 U.S.|
|Favorite Playing Position||Defender|
|Favorite Car||Range Rover|
|Favorite Food||Italian Food|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||iPhone/Apple|
The Full Story of a Football Genius best known by his nicknames; “Moto GP” and “Squirrel” is presented by WoodGram.
With a full account of Jordi Alba’s childhood, biography facts, and untold stories, we bring you the full story from his childhood to the present.
It is a very thorough analysis of his life story before fame, family life, and many OFF-Pitch little-known facts about him. Certainly, every football fan knows that he is a fast attacking left-back with a lot of pace and stamina. Bailer has inspired many other Spanish left-backs, such as Marc Cucurella and Marcos Alonso, in their respective careers.
In spite of this, only a handful of fans know much about Jordi Alba’s Bio, which is quite interesting. Now without further ado, let’s begin the journey.
The first thing to know about Jordi Alba Ramos is that he was born on the 21st day of March 1989 in L’Hospitalet, Spain. A Catalan by birth, he was the son of a mother, Maria Jose, and a father, Alba Miguel, both of whom are members of the Catalan ethnic group.
Being born and raised in the second-largest city in Barcelona meant that I had a high chance of picking up football as a hobby thanks to a city known more for its football culture than for anything else.
The little Jordi Alba grew up playing football with his brother David Alba in the L’Hospitalet district of Barcelona. During his early years of education, he attended the Barcelona School of Spanish which gave him the chance to passionately play competitive soccer during sports periods.
Jordi Alba’s family decided to make him take up football as a profession in the year 1996 when he was seven years old. In the same year, eight-year-old Jordi Alba started his football career with the Catalan club Hospitalense, the hometown club of his family. Aside from being the smallest, the bravest, and the team’s captain, he was also considered to be the youngest.
Due to a popular tradition of letting their best players go to Le Masia (FC Barcelona Youth Football Club), Hospitalense didn’t hesitate to send one of their star players to Le Masia for trials. When Jordi Alba went to Lemasia football academy, his expectations were very high.
Despite being so small and so weak, Lord demonstrated a blistering pace that enticed the then youth manager to accept him in hopes that he would grow taller over time, despite being so small.
Alba actually started his career in the youth ranks of Barcelona as a left-winger. It was during these early days at Barcelona that Alba flourished. In fact, one of his most memorable moments was having dinner with former FC Barcelona head coach, Louis Van Gaal.
It is true that high development rates and fraternizing with Louis Van Gaal are no guarantee of favoritism in Barcelona’s La Masia academy. Jordi Alba had one major problem. That was the fact that he was too small.
While the rest of his teammates grew taller as they aged, Jordi suffered from stunted growth as he grew up. It caused a lot of debate among the &arca Infantil B management as well as the general public. Lionel Messi was pardoned.
The Barcelona Football Club released Jordi Alba in 2005 due to the fact that he was deemed “too small and thin”. They didn’t know at the time that he would later play in the FIFA world cup 5 years later. There is no doubt that Jamie Vardy suffered the same fate as a youth footballer as well.
With the motivation of his parents and older brother, little Jordi was able to move forward. The club where Jordi Alba plays, Cornelia, accepted him and gave him motivation from his pains. Jordi Alba found comfort from his teammates as well.
The daily intake of growth supplements was combined with a barrage of on-pitch displays of speed. Finally, Jordi was able to grow, which corresponds to the time when he acquired the nickname “MotoGP.”.
With the help of two years where he managed to grow taller, FC Valencia decided to cash in on the left-back for a fee of €6,000. It was at Valencia that Lord Alba finally finished his youth career after helping the youth team reach the Tercera Division and helping them get promoted.
It was during the 2008/2009 season that Alba made his professional debut. FC Barcelona eventually relented to his pleas for mercy and forgiveness after his outstanding performance in the 2010 FIFA World Cup attracted their attention. This led to Ordi Alba forgiving his old club and join the new team in 2012. After that, as they say, the rest is history.
The game of football is a golden tree, a place where Jordi Alba found shade and solace in his youth, thus making him the man he is today. As a result, a great Spaniard had been followed by a wag who rolled her eyes into his heart.
Jordi Alba began to develop a relationship with his ex-girlfriend, Mellisa Morilas, in 2009 (the year he made it into the Spanish U20 team). During the last three years, Melissa, who spent the last three years with the footballer, has been a student. She met the footballer in a popular nightclub in Valencia.
The sizzling Spanish girl kept Jordi under close surveillance and away from the prying eyes of the other wags. By inference, this meant that she was a jealous lover. As promised, she also said she has temper issues and treated him like he was a kid.
Melisa once told the Spanish press that her boyfriend Jordi is “always on surveillance and good in bed” and that she thinks he is both humble and loving. She went on to reveal that Jordi is “always on surveillance and good in bed”.
It was quite unfortunate that Melissa’s continuous surveillance as time passed did not go down well with Jordi Alba. As a result of this, their four-year relationship ended, which resulted in the breakup of their relationship.
It was in 2014, the year of the FIFA world cup, that Jordi started to date Romarey Ventura. Although they were seen together before 2014, they previously denied having an affair.
Rosemary is from the Spanish city of Seville. At one time, she was a student of Tourism at the university, and she is also involved in modeling. Romarey Ventura also has a good relationship with Alba’s sister-in-law (David’s wife) and they spend a lot of time together. Earlier this year, both Jordi and Romarey wanted to let their fans know about their happiness. In August 2017, Romarey Ventura announced that she was expecting their first child.
She posted a picture of Alba touching her stomach on her Instagram account where he was touching her stomach. In the caption, she wrote: “full of lots of love”. There must be a lot of joy in the parents of Alba because his brother David is also expecting a child with his partner Carol at this same time. They seem to have both planned it.
Jordi and Romarey welcomed their first child, Piero, to the world on the 18th of January 2018. Alba is an extremely gifted and fast attacking left-back who is also capable of playing as a left-winger if needed. As a result of his pace and stamina, he is able to be very active on both sides of the pitch, being able to get from one end to the other very quickly.
Jordi Alba Net Worth
How much does he earn in 2022?
The left-back signed a contract with FC Barcelona in February of this year, which earns him a total salary of 8.5 million euros (7.8 million pounds) per year. As we have crunched the numbers, that would mean he earns €42,534 (£38,957) per day and €1,772 (£1,623) per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2022
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$16 million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Not Available|
|Annual Salary||8.5 million euros (7.8 million pounds)|
|Per Month Salary||€715,000 (£621,739)|
|Per Week Salary||€165,000 (£143,478)|
|Per Day Salary||€23,507 (£20,441)|
|Per Hour Salary||€979 (£851)|
|Per Minute Salary||€16 (£14)|
|Current Contract||With FC Barcelona|
|Contract Signed||Jul 1, 2012|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2024|
|Contract Signing Amount or Transfer Fee||$11.00 Million|
|Market Value||$13.20 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$77.00 Million (Oct 31, 2018)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||Range Rover|
The Spaniard came through the ranks of La Masia before leaving for Valencia CF to be exposed to regular first-team football. He returned to his boyhood club in 2012 and since then has steadily been making his presence felt on the first team. It is estimated that the flying full-back from Spain has a net worth of about $16 million, as well as an estimated market value of around $13.20 million.
Jordi Alba In FIFA 2022
He is currently 33 years old and he plays as a Full Back for FC Barcelona, a team in Spain. In FIFA 22 he has an overall rating of 84 with a potential rating of 84. Jordi Alba has a rating of 3 stars for his skill moves. Jordi Alba prefers to shoot with his left foot. His workrates are High / Medium. We estimate that the height of Jorge Alba is 170 cm and his weight is roughly 68 kg according to our database. Currently, Jordi Alba is playing with the number 18 jersey.
Jordi Alba FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|70||Heading Accuracy||63||FK Accuracy|
|83||Short Passing||79||Long Passing|
- Albania was born in L’Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, in Catalonia. Originally from Barcelona as a left-winger, he began his career with the club’s youth team but was released by the club in 2005 because he was too small.
- It was then that he joined the nearby club Cornellà and, after almost two years, transferred for €6,000 to Valencia, where he completed his football education.
- After helping the Reserves earn a promotion to the Tercera División in 2007–08,
- Alba played on loan in Segunda División for football club Gimnàstic Tarragona the following season, where he started 22 matches.
- When Alba returned to Los Che, he made his La Liga debut on 13 September 2009, in a 4-2 win against Real Valladolid.
- Following that he started two consecutive UEFA Europa League group stage games, against Lille and Slavia Prague (both 1-1 draws, respectively away and at home).
- Valencia’s defense has been plagued by injuries throughout most of 2009-10, so much so that he played most of the season as a left-back, playing well overall.
- It was at that position that he scored his first goal for the club, on 11 April 2010 in a 2–3 away defeat to Mallorca.
- In 2010-11, while Unai Emery was still at the helm of the club, Alba was almost always used as a defender, battling for the role of first-choice alongside Jérémy Mathieu.
- As the team again finished third, he made 27 league appearances, subsequently qualifying them for the 2011–12 UEFA Champions League.
- As a result, Emery began to utilize both players on Valencia’s left side during the following season, a strategy he had experimented with the previous year.
- It was an effective tactic as Alba and Mathieu provided support to each other while switching positions frequently and offering support in both attacking and defensive areas; ultimately, Alba credited the manager as a “key man” in his successful transition to a defensive role.
- Alba signed a five-year contract with Barcelona for a fee of 14 million euros on the 28th of June 2012.
- Having made his official debut on 19 August, he played the full 90 minutes in a 5-1 victory against Real Sociedad at home.
- Alba scored his first goal for the Blaugrana on 20 October 2012, the opener in a 5-4 win over Deportivo La Coruna, and then scored an own goal on the day.
- After netting in the 93rd minute of the second game, he found the net in the 93rd minute of the third match in the Champions League group stage at home against Celtic.
- It was Alba’s fifth goal of the season for Barcelona on 12 March 2013, when he scored in the last minute of Barcelona’s 4–0 home win over AC Milan in the round of 16 of the Champions League following a 0–2 first-leg defeat at the San Siro, as they became the first team in this competition to overcome such an early deficit.
- As Tito Vilanova’s side regained the title from Real Madrid, he ended his first season at Barcelona as the league champion.
- It was announced on 2 June 2015 that Alba had agreed to a new five-year contract with a new buyout clause of €150 million.
- At Olympiastadion in Berlin, four days after he started in the Champions League semifinals, he helped the club to its fifth triumph in the competition by defeating Juventus 3-1.
- During his time with Barça, he made 38 appearances in all competitions and scored one goal.
- Against Sevilla in the Copa del Rey final at the Vicente Calderon in Madrid on 22 May 2016, Alba successfully won the second Copa del Rey title of his career, after scoring 97th minute after being set up by Lionel Messi, for a final result of 2–0 after extra-time.
- Alba announced on March 11 that it had entered into a new five-year contract with a buyout clause of €500 million.
- Due to hamstring and muscle injuries, Alba missed 12 out of 24 games during the 2019-20 season and was thus unable to participate in the majority of games.
- The player had a wonderful season in the 2020–21 season, where he scored 5 goals and set up 13 assists across all competitions, as he won the Copa del Rey with his club.
- It was announced on 9 August 2021 that Jordi Alba would be the new captain of Barcelona after Lionel Messi had left the club ahead of the 2021–22 season.
- Alba played in all four games as Spain won the gold medal at the 2009 Mediterranean Games and at the 2008 UEFA European Under-19 Championship.
- Also, he was part of the squad at the 2009 FIFA U-20 World Cup in Egypt.
- On 30 September 2011, Alba was called up to the full national team for the last two UEFA Euro 2012 qualifiers against the Czech Republic and Scotland.
- Against Scotland on 11 October, he assisted former Valencia teammate David Silva’s opening goal in a 3–1 win in Alicante.
- As a result of his impressive debut, he has established himself as a strong candidate to replace Joan Capdevila as La Roja’s regular left-back and was also included in the under-23 Spanish squad for the 2012 Summer Olympics in London.
- Alba was a member of Vicente del Bosque’s squad for the Euro 2012 finals in Poland and Ukraine, where Spain won the tournament.
- In the 2–0 quarter-final victory over France, he supplied the cross for Xabi Alonso to open the scoring.
- The second goal he scored in the final was after he ran onto Xavi’s pass during a counter-attack against Italy.
- Additionally, Alba was named to Brazil’s 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup team. During the tournament, he played four complete matches, scoring twice in the 3–0 win over Nigeria in the group stage.
- As the defending champions were eliminated in the first round of the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil, Alba made three appearances for Del Bosque’s squad.
- Luis Enrique named him to his 24-man squad for the UEFA Euro 2020 and Julen Lopetegui’s World Cup squad for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
- Alba has taken over the captaincy until further notice following the absence of Sergio Busquets due to Coronavirus.
Facts About Jordi Alba
- Due to his fast shoes, he can cover the ground in a very short amount of time.
- Jordan plays primarily as a left-back but at times as a left-winger.
- Currently, he is a member of the Spanish giant club Barcelona.
- His youth career began with Barcelona in 1997. The club released him in 2005 because he was only 8 years old and considered to be very young.
- After two years at Cornella, he finished his football education at Valencia in 2008.
- Having made his professional debut at the age of 19, he represented Gimnàstic.
- He made his international debut against Alicante on the 11th of October 2012, winning 3-1.
- Due to his impressive debut, he was considered a long-term prospect. The 4-2 victory over Real Valladolid marked his La Liga debut.
- Alba began his career at an early age, allowing him to train with the best clubs. During his career, he played for the Spanish national team at different ages.
- Alba is fast and a good attacking left-back is known for covering a lot of ground quickly. He can even play as a left-winger on occasion, and he is an excellent defender.
- Alba scored against Sevilla in the 97th minute of the final after a pass from Lionel Messi, winning the Copa del Rey for a second time with a 2-0 win.
- In 2007, he represented Cornellà, and in 2009 he moved to Valencia B. From 2012-to 2014, he represented Valencia. He currently represents Barcelona.
- As a prominent defender, he scored 20 goals in over 250 appearances. As a member of this national team, he scored eight goals.
Is Jordi Alba a Filipino?
Jordi Alba Ramos was born on the 21st day of March 1989 in L’Hospitalet, Spain. He was born into the Catalan ethnic group to his mother, Maria Jose, and father, Alba Miguel.
How much does Jordi Alba make a year?
What is Jordi Alba’s height?
How old is Jordi Alba?
A look at Jordi Alba’s life story reveals that our career path is not solely dependent on our childhood dreams when it comes to our career path. The fact that kids compelled him to stay in the post against his wishes was an opportunity for him to build himself up.
In our opinion, the parents should be commended for the fact that they have devoted a large part of their money to enrolling Pau Torres in a sports academy. It is true they will be very proud of the fact that he never wasted the opportunity he had to succeed in his endeavors.
Thank you for taking out your precious time to read Woodgram’s version of Jordi Alba’s Biography. Our team of writers and researchers care about the accuracy of our content on Spanish Footballers. Please let us know if you spot any wrongs in our article.
On a final note, we would appreciate your feedback (below as a comment) on what you think about Jordi Alba, including our biography of him. Now, stay tuned for more Spanish Football Stories from Woodgram.