Jon Hamm is an American actor known best for his portrayal of Don Draper, a fictional advertising agency in the series ‘Mad Men’, which was set in the 1970s. Hamm was initially a struggling actor and found it difficult to find enough work because his appearance suggested that he was older than he actually was. He waited on tables and worked as a set designer for an adult movie, to make ends meet. Getting frustrated with the lack of good work, he set his 30th birthday as the deadline for grabbing a foothold in the industry. Jon is known for his ability to soften an aggressive character and derive humor in his characters through sheer skill and his gift of acting. Jennifer. He has acted in a number of television and film roles throughout his career.
His portrayal of Don Draper earned him two Golden Globe awards for ‘Best Actor’ in 2008 and 2016. He also received eight Emmy award nominations for his exceptional acting. Some of his television credits include ‘30 Rock’, ‘Parks and Recreation’ and ‘Children’s Hospital. His film credits include movies such as the 2014 film ‘Million Dollar Arm’, ‘Friends with Kids’ and the 2010 crime thriller ‘The Town’ in which he stars alongside Ben Affleck.
Jon Hamm Bio/ Wiki
|Birth Name||Jonathan Daniel Hamm|
|Nick Name||Jon Hamm|
|Age||(as in 2023) 52 Years|
|Debut||Film: Space Cowboys, 2000|
TV Show: The Big Date, 1999
|Famous For||Playing advertising executive Don Draper in the AMC drama series Mad Men from 2007 to 2015. He appeared in a total of 92 episodes.|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Pisces|
|Birth Place||St. Louis, Missouri, U.S.|
|Date of Birth||March 10, 1971|
|Home Town||Not Known|
|Mother's Name||Deborah Hamm (Secretary)|
|Father's Name||Daniel Hamm (Trucking Company Owner)|
Jennifer Westfeldt (1997-2015)
Jenny Slate (2017)
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Marriage Date||Not Known|
|School||John Burroughs School, Ladue|
|College/University||University of Texas|
University of Missouri
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Arts in English|
|Profession||Actor, voice actor, film director, and producer|
|Brands Endorsed||Not Known|
|Career Manager||William Morris Agency, Forward Entertainment, ICM Partners|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||6 feet 1 inch|
|Weight (Approx.)||92 Kg|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||White|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Dress Size||Not Known|
|Shoe Size||Not Known|
|Favourite Food||Not Known|
|Favourite Actors||Not Known|
|Favourite Colors||Not Known|
|Favourite Sport||Not Known|
Personal Trainer: Jon Hamm doesn’t go to the gym to stay fit. He is a sports lover and plays games like tennis and golf. For a 185 pound person, playing tennis for 30 minutes burns around 311 calories. It also strengthens leg muscles. When his relationship with Jennifer Westfeldt was ON, he was eating vegetarian food for the most part as she used to cook the stuff (only vegetarian) at home.
Jon Hamm Family, Education & More
Jonathan Daniel Hamm was born on 10 March 1971. in St. Louis, Missouri. His father, Daniel Hamm, had a family trucking company, and his mother, Deborah, was a secretary. Hamm has two siblings. An older sister named Jennifer Hinze and a younger sister, Julie Schulte.
When Hamm was just two, his parents got divorced. He lived with his mother in St. Louis County in Creve Coeur, Missouri until she died of colon cancer when Hamm was 10. Subsequently, Hamm went to live with his father in Clayton, Missouri. His father passed away when he was 20.
Hamm’s first acting role was Winnie the Pooh when he was in the first grade. Later on at the age of 16, he was selected to play Judas in the play ‘Godspell’.
Hamm attended John Burroughs School in Ladue, Missouri. During his time here, he was a member of the football, swim as well as baseball teams. He enrolled himself at the University of Texas in 1989. He was a member of the Upsilon Chapter of the Sigma Nu fraternity. Subsequently, he left the University of Texas for the University of Missouri. During his time at the University of Missouri, he successfully auditioned for a part in a production of ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream’, after responding to an advertisement.
Hamm taught eighth-grade acting at his high school after graduating with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English in 1993. In a desperate attempt to stay away from a conventional career, he moved to Los Angeles with just his automobile and $150, in 1995.
Hamm’s representatives and agents at the William Morris Agency terminated him as a client because he had failed to obtain any acting jobs for three years and he looked older than his age.
To support himself during this period, he waited on tables and served as a set designer for an adult movie. Eventually getting frustrated with the lack of work, he set his 30th birthday as the deadline for him to make it in the industry.
Jackie Chan Bio, Age, Height, Wife, Son, Net Worth, Movies & Wiki
Jon Hamm Net Worth
Jon Hamm’s estimated Net Worth, Salary, Income, Cars, Lifestyles & much more details has been updated below. Let’s check, How Rich is Jon Hamm in 2023?
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$50 million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$45 million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$40 million|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
|Income Source||Actor, voice actor, film director, and producer|
Noted, Currently We don’t have enough information about Cars, Monthly/Yearly Salary etc. We will update soon.
Career – Movies and TV Shows
- Jon Hamm was picked to play the part of a romantic firefighter named Burt Ridley on the NBC produced series ‘Providence’ in 2000. His initial contract for one episode was extended to 19. This enabled him to quit his job of waiting tables.
- He made his film debut in Clint Eastwood’s space adventure film ‘Space Cowboys’ in 2000. Hamm’s character had only one line of dialogue in the whole film.
- He subsequently obtained roles in the 2001 film, ‘Kissing Jessica Stein’ and the 2002 war drama movie titled ‘We Were Soldiers’.
- From 2002 to 2004, he played the recurring role of inspector Nate Basso on the Lifetime network’s crime drama television series titled ‘The Division’. Thereafter, he acted in several minor television series roles. Some of these are ‘What About Brian’, ‘CSI: Miami’, ‘The Unit’, ‘Numb3rs’, ‘The Sarah Silverman Program’ and ‘Related’
- His next movie role was in the sci-fi film ‘The Day the Earth Stood Still’ in 2008. The film was a remake of the original which was released in 1951.
- On 25 October 2008, he hosted the episode 6 of season 34 of ‘Saturday Night Live’. He returned to host SNL twice again, once on 30 January 2010, and the next on 30 October 2010.
- In 2009, Hamm obtained his first leading role in the indie mystery thriller movie ‘Stolen’. He played a policeman with a missing son in the movie.
- He voiced the character of Brogan, an ogre leader in ‘Shrek Forever After’. The film was released in May 2010. Hamm also appeared alongside Ben Affleck, as an FBI agent in the film ‘The Town’ during the same year
- He then portrayed Jake Ehrlich the defense attorney of Allen Ginsberg in the independent film ‘Howl’, which was based on Allen Ginsberg’s 1956 poem of the same name.
- He featured in the action fantasy movie ‘Sucker Punch’, directed by Zach Snyder in 2011. He played the character of ‘High Roller’ in the film. Hamm then featured in another independent feature film called ‘Friends with Kites’ in 2011. The movie was produced by Hamm and his partner at-the-time, Jennifer Westfeldt.
- In 2012, he played the recurring role of Blake Harrison, a servant of the sociopathic billionaire, Dave Mountford, in the sitcom ‘The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret’.
- On 17 July 2013, Jon Hamm hosted the 21st ESPYS Awards. He also featured in ‘A Young Doctor’s Notebook’ as an older version of Daniel Radcliffe’s character in the play, from December 2012 to December 2013.
- In the spring of 2015, he acted alongside Zach Galifianakis, Gal Gadot, and Isla Fischer in the comedy film ‘Keeping Up with the Joneses’. After being delayed for seven months, the film was finally released in October 2016.
- Subsequently, Hamm has appeared in the sci-fi film ‘Marjorie Prime’. The film made its premiere at the 2017 Sundance Film Festival. He also acted in the comedy-crime movie ‘Baby Driver; which premiered at the 2017 South by Southwest Film Festival.
- He played Craig Norman, Zachary Quinto’s character’s brother in the American drama film titled ‘Aardvark’. The film was premiered at the 2017 Tribeca Film Festival.
- He was picked to be a part of the television adaptation of ‘Good Omens’ by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. The series is jointly produced by the BBC and Amazon.
|2001||Kissing Jessica Stein|
|2002||We Were Soldiers|
|2006||Ira & Abby|
|2008||The Day the Earth Stood Still|
|2009||A Single Man|
|2010||Shrek Forever After|
|2012||Friends with Kids|
|2014||Million Dollar Arm|
|2016||Absolutely Fabulous The Movie|
Keeping Up with the Joneses
Bad Times at the El Royale
Lucy in the Sky
Between Two Ferns The Movie
|2020||Top Gun Maverick|
TV Shows & Serials List
|1996||The Big Date|
The Trouble with Normal
|2001||Early Bird Special|
|2006–07|| The Unit|
What About Brian
|2007||The Sarah Silverman Program|
|2007–15|| Mad Men|
|2008–15|| Saturday Night Live|
|2012||The Increasingly Poor and Decisions of Todd Margaret|
Comedy Bang! Bang!
|2012-13|| The Greatest Event in Television History|
A Young Doctor's Notebook
2013 ESPY Awards
|2014–15||Parks and Recreation|
|2015–19|| Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt|
|2015||7 Days in Hell|
Wet Hot American Summer, First Day of Camp
Toast of London
|2016||Wander Over Yonder|
The Last Man on Earth
|2016–18||The Amazing Gayl Pile|
Tour de Pharmacy
Random Acts of Flyness
I Love You, America with Sarah Silverman
Big City Greens
Curb Your Enthusiasm
- Jon’s acting career appeared in 1996, but he was friends with actor Paul Rudd before becoming famous as an actor.
- In 1995, to upgrade his career, he shifted to Los Angeles with his automobile and $150.
- Hamm used to work as a waiter while he was auditioning for various film roles. He is a Democrat. Jon enjoys playing golf and tennis.
- In 2008, Jon was incorporated in the list of S*xiest Men Alive by People Magazine. At the age of 24, he quit smoking cigarettes.
- While appearing in Mad Men, he used to smoke herbal cigarettes, which didn’t contain tobacco or nicotine. Jon’s parents divorced when he was 2.
- Jon lived with his mom until her death of colon cancer in 1981 (when Jon was 10).
- When he was 20, he lost his dad.
- He has taught eighth-grade acting to future actress Ellie Kemper and screenwriter Beau Willimon.
- He co-started a production company called Points West Pictures with Jennifer Westfeldt in April 2009.
- Jon has a mixed breed dog named, Cora.
- He has also worked in the p*rnographic films but as a set dresser.
- Jon’s role models are Greg Kinnear, Jeff Bridges, and Sam Elliott.
- He played Winnie the Pooh when he was in his first grade.
- He is not on social media.
Is Jon Hamm The Voice Of Mercedes Benz?
Actor Jon Hamm (Most Known For His Role As Don Draper On Mad Men Mad Men) Has Been The Voice Actor Mad Men For Mercedes-Benz Since 2010. The First Mercedes-Benz Commercial Mad Men Jon Hamm’s Voice Appeared In Was For The S400 Hybrid (Below). Since 2010 Hamm Has Been In A Variety Of Mercedes-Benz Commercials.
Who Is Jon Hamm Married To?
Actor Hamm Was In A Relationship With Actress And Screenwriter Jennifer Westfeldt From 1997 To 2015. In An Interview Discussing His Relationship With Westfeldt, Actor Hamm Said: “We May Not Have A Piece Of Paper That Says We’re Husband And Wife, But After 10 Years, Jennifer Is More Than Just A Girlfriend.
How Much Is Jon Hamm Worth?
Jon Hamm Is An American Television And Film Actor Who Has A Net Worth Of $50 Million. Jon Hamm Is Most Famous For Playing The Role Of Don Draper On AMC’s Hit Drama “Mad Men”. Hamm Was Born In St. Louis, Missouri In 1971.
Why Is Jon Hamm Uncredited In Bridesmaids?
Jon Hamm Chose To Go Uncredited As He Felt His Presence On The Credits Would Signify A More Serious Film, Seeing As He, As An Actor, Is Not Generally Recognized For Appearing In Comedies. Jennifer.
How Much Does Jon Hamm Make Per Episode?
Jon Hamm Started Acting Professionally In The ’90S, But He Is Most Famous For His Role As The Main Character On “Mad Men,” Don Draper. Jennifer Celebritynetworth Reports The Actor Is Worth $50 Million And Makes $275,000 An Episode. In 2012, Hamm Reportedly Negotiated An eight-figure Contract With The Series.