Jennifer Garner is an American actress and movie producer. She gained her part of recognition through the popular spy thriller television series by J.J. Abrams, ‘Alias.’ She played the character of ‘Sydney Bristow’ in the series and spontaneously became the darling CIA agent of American television. Her depiction of the character was so realistic and relatable that she was nominated for many ‘Golden Globe’ awards and won the ‘Screen Actors Guild Award.’ With notice on television, she began making her appearance felt in Hollywood with cameo performances that she did in movies like ‘Catch Me If You Can,’ ‘Pearl Harbor,’ etc.
She got her breakout performance in the movie ‘Daredevil,’ an adaptation of a comic book story, in which she served along with her future husband, Ben Affleck. From then onwards, Garner began getting lead roles in movies. She has been praised for her charming and simple depiction of characters in movies. Garner was married to actor, director, and producer Ben Affleck and had three children with him.
Jennifer Garner Wiki/Bio[table id=2023 /]
Garner was born in Houston, Texas, and relocated to Charleston, West Virginia, at the age of three. Her father, William John Garner, served as a chemical engineer for Union Carbide, her mother, Patricia Ann English, was a homemaker and, later, an English teacher at a neighborhood college.
She has two sisters. Garner has defined herself as a typical middle child who tried to differentiate herself from her cultured older sister. While Garner did not grow up in a politically active household, her father was “very conservative” and her mother “quietly blue.”
She joined a local United Methodist Church every Sunday and traveled to Vacation Bible School. As teenagers, she and her sisters were not allowed to wear makeup, paint their nails, pierce their ears, or dye their hair, she has revealed that her family’s “take on the world” was “practically Amish”.
Early in her schooling, Garner was diagnosed with ADHD and was appointed Ritalin, a medicine she still takes as an adult to manage her hyperactivity. She joined George Washington High School in Charleston. In 1990, Garner joined at Denison University in Granville, Ohio, where she turned her major from chemistry to the theater and was a member of Pi Beta Phi sorority.
She used the fall semester of 1993 studying at the National Theater Institute at the Eugene O’Neill Theater Center in Waterford, Connecticut. During college summers, she managed summer stock theatre. In 1994, she graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in theater performance.
Garner met co-star Scott Foley on the set of Felicity in 1998. They married in a ceremony at their home on October 19, 2000. The couple left in March 2003. Garner registered for divorce in May 2003, citing incompatible differences, and divorce papers were signed in March 2004. She dated her Alias co-star Michael Vartan from August 2003 to mid-2004.
Garner started dating Ben Affleck in mid-2004, having built a friendship on the sets of Pearl Harbor (2001) and Daredevil (2003). They were married on June 29, 2005, in a secret Turks and Caicos ceremony. Victor Garber, who officiated the ceremony, and his husband, Rainer Andreesen, were the only guests.
Garner and Affleck have three children together: two daughters, Violet (born in 2005) and Seraphina (born in 2009), and one son, Samuel (born in 2012). The couple declared their purpose to divorce in June 2015, and jointly filed legal documents in April 2017, seeking joint physical and legal custody of their children. The divorce was concluded in October 2018.
She dated businessman John C. Miller from mid-2018 to early 2020.
Jennifer Garner Net Worth
Jennifer Garner has a net worth of $90 million dollars. Jennifer is also a highly-paid product endorser for brands like Capital One and Neutrogena.[table id=2024 /]
In 2009, Jen and Ben paid $17.55 million for a home in LA’s Pacific Palisades neighborhood. Jennifer continued living in this house until late 2018. After she and the kids went out, Ben and Jen sold this mansion to Maroon 5 singer Adam Levine for $32 million in January 2019. That same month, Jennifer spent $8 million on a new home in Los Angeles’ Brentwood Park neighborhood. In April 2018, Ben purchased himself a $19 million mansion in the Pacific Palisades.
Jennifer Garner Movies And TV Shows – Career
- Since she studied drama, Garner became more interested in acting. Her curiosity settled her roles in the Atlanta production of two Shakespeare plays, ‘The Merchant of Venice’ and ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream’ in 1994.
- In 1995, she became an understudy for the show ‘A Month in the Country’ at ‘Roundabout Theatre Company.’ She soon landed a character in the made-for-television movie ‘Zoya’ and briefly appeared in ‘Spin City’ and ‘Law & Order.’
- Garner was now being seen in the industry, and as a result, made her first big-screen appearance in the movie, ‘Dude, Where’s My Car?’ in 2000. The following year, she played a supporting character in ‘Pearl Harbor.’
- In 2001, J. J. Abrams approached Garner to play ‘Sydney Bristow’ in his new spy drama series ‘Alias.’ She received the offer, despite being reluctant at the beginning as the role demanded her to be physically strong.
- She appeared in Steven Spielberg’s movie ‘Catch Me if You Can’ along with Leonardo Di Caprio and Tom Hanks. It was because of Spielberg’s request that Garner accepted the small but significant role in the movie.
- In 2003, she got her breakout performance in the movie ‘Daredevil.’ Garner performed the character of ‘Elektra Natchios,’ the love interest of Ben Affleck’s character. ‘Daredevil’ was an adaptation of a comic book.
- Garner landed the lead character in the movie ‘13 Going on 30’ in 2004. Her performance in the movie was appreciated.
- From 2006 to 2007, Garner got prominent characters in movies, such as ‘Catch and Release’ (2006), ‘The Kingdom’ (2007), and ‘Juno’ (2007). ‘Juno’ did exceptionally well and her performance in the film was critically acclaimed.
- In 2007, she made her Broadway introduction with ‘Cyrano de Bergerac,’ which was based on Edmond Rostand’s play of the same name. She performed the role of ‘Roxanne’ opposite Kevin Kline at the ‘Richard Rogers Theatre.’
- In 2010, Garner acted in the romantic comedy film ‘Valentine’s Day’ alongside actors like Ashton Kutcher, Julia Roberts, Patrick Dempsey, Bradley Cooper, and Jessica Alba. She played the role of a woman caught in a loveless relationship.
- In 2011 and 2012, Garner appeared in movies like ‘Arthur’ (2011), ‘The Odd Life of Timothy Green’ (2012), and ‘Butter’ (2012). In 2012, she joined the ‘Academy of Motion Picture of Arts and Sciences.’
- In 2013, she was seen alongside Matthew McConaughey in the biographical drama film ‘Dallas Buyers Club.’ The film was a box office success and received favorable reviews.
- In 2014, she starred opposite Kevin Costner in the sports drama film ‘Draft Day.’ In the same year, she was also seen in the ‘Disney’ adaptation of the popular children’s book, ‘Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.’
- In 2015, she performed a supporting character in the comedy-drama film ‘Danny Collins.’ The film had Al Pacino and Annette Bening in important roles.
- In 2016, Jennifer Garner performed the lead character opposite Kevin Spacey in the comedy film ‘Nine Lives.’
- In the same year, she was also seen in the Christian drama film ‘Miracles from Heaven.’
- In 2017, she was seen in movies, such as ‘Wakefield’ and ‘The Tribes of Palos Verdes.’
- She co-starred in the movie ‘Love, Simon’ in 2018 which was an adaptation of the novel, ‘Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda.’
- In 2018, she sounded a character named ‘Mama Llama’ in Netflix’s original series ‘Llama Llama.’
- She landed the lead character in the movie ‘Peppermint’ in 2018.
Facts About Jennifer Garner
- She had relocated to West Virginia due to her father’s posting there.
- She always imagined of becoming a doctor or a librarian. But, as she began learning more about acting, her desire to make a career in this field grew.
- She knows ballet dancing. Garner began learning them from the age of three.
- She is the world’s s*xiest women of 2001, elected by Maxim magazine.
- She can play the saxophone. She performed it in school.
- Jennifer credits shark fin as the most amazing thing, she has even eaten in her life and would never like to eat it again.
- Garner is a member of Pi Beta Phi national sorority.
- She is the ex-sister-in-law of Summer Phoenix and Casey Affleck.
- In New York, she had been a hostess at Isabella’s restaurant before her acting career began.
- She has a cabinet full of chocolates in the kitchen.
Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Garner are merely good friends, according to sources. After the two actors and former costars were photographed at a Malibu beach together with Cooper’s daughter, romance rumors quickly began to circulate.
Jennifer Garner Was Named the Most Beautiful Person Last Year, but It’s Her Inner Beauty That Deserves Admiration. She doesn’t just have a pretty face, but also a genuinely kind heart.
I drank relatively normally for a long time, the actor said in the interview with the New York Times. What happened was that I started drinking more and more when my marriage was falling apart. This was 2015, 2016. My drinking, of course, created more marital problems.
Duggins estimates that Garner performed 98% of her own stunts and trained for three months leading up to filming. Every single fight scene is her. There are some hits, and you see her face hit the ground, Duggins told Variety.
Garner, who shares three kids with ex-husband Ben Affleck, first sparked romance rumors with Miller in Oct. 2018. Yes, she’s been dating John Miller. While Garner and Miller kept their relationship very private over the years, with only a few public outings, sources learned in early 2020 that they were still together.