David Josué Jiménez Silva is a Spanish professional footballer who currently plays for the Spain national football team and for Manchester City FC. A left-footed player, Silva primarily plays as either a central midfielder or attacking midfielder. In addition to playing as the second striker or winger, he can also be a very good midfielder. In his early years, he played for youth teams of UD San Fernando and Valencia CF (Valencia Youth). At the age of 14, he joined the Valencia CF youth teams.
The former Valencia star made his professional debut with the Spanish football club Sociedad Deportiva Eibar during the 2004-2005 season following a six-year stint with Valencia that included a Copa del Rey title in 2008. Following this, joined Manchester City. Among Silva’s major achievements are the “FA Cup,” two “Premier League” titles, and three “League Cups.” Many refer to him as “El Mago” and “Merlin” for his good ball-keeping and passing skills. His 35 goals are the fourth all-time in Spain’s history, and he is also the country’s most capped player with 100 appearances. In addition to winning three consecutive international tournaments, he was part of the squads that won the ‘UEFA Euro 2008,’ the ‘FIFA World Cup 2010,’ and the ‘UEFA Euro 2012.’
David Silva Wiki/Bio
Birth Name David Josué Jiménez Silva Nick Name • Merlin
• El Mago
Age 37 (as in 2023) Years Religion He follows catholic faith very seriously. Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign Capricorn Birth Place Arguineguín, Canary Island, Spain Date of Birth 8 January 1986 Nationality Spanish Residence Gran Canaria, Spain Home Town Arguineguín, Spain Food Habit Non-Vegetarian Hobbies Playing Racket Sports
Mother's Name Eva Silva Father's Name Fernando Jiménez Brothers Nando Jimenez Silva Sisters Natalia Jimenez Silva
Affairs/Girlfriends Not Available
Marital Status, Wife and Children
Wife/Spouse Unmarried Children Daughters- None
School Not Available College/University Not Available Educational Qualification Not Available Profession Spanish Professional Footballer Brands Endorsed Adidas Career Manager Silva is signed with IFM.
Debut Club In 2003 for Valencia Debut International In 2006 for Spanish International Team Current Team(s) Real Sociedad Jersey Number 21 Position Attacking Midfielder, Winger Coach/Mentor Luis Aragonés Achievements (main ones) • Silva helped his team Valencia win Copa del Rey in 2008.
• In 2010, He moved to Manchester City and played more than 200 games for team and helped team carry off FA Cup, two Football League Cups and two Premier League titles.
• Silva has been playing for National Team since 2006 and helped team win UEFA Euro 2008, the 2010 FIFA World Cup and UEFA Euro 2012.
Strengths • Passing
• Ball Handling
• Free Kicks
• Speed and Quickness
Weaknesses None Career Turning Point In 2009-10 season, Silva scored a career-best eight goals and Valencia returned to UEFA Champions League.
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
Height (Approx.) in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 7”
Weight (Approx.) in Kilograms- 67 kg
in Pounds- 148 lbs
Chest Size 37 inches Biceps Size 13 inches Waist Size 29 inches
Extra Ordinary Features
Race / Ethnicity Half Spanish and Half Japanese Hair Color Dark Brown Eye Color Dark Brown S*xual Orientation Straight Distinctive Features • Small frame (Standing only 5 ft 7 in)
• Mole mark on the left side near his chin
• Mop Top hairstyle
Dress Size Not Available Shoe Size Not Available
Favourite Playing Position Attacking Midfielder, Winger Favourite Drink Water Favorite Food(s) Rice cooked in Cuban style (Arroz a la cubana in Spanish) Favorite Color None. He likes all of them. Favorite TV Show TV series both Spanish and English Favurite Actor Denzel Washington Favorite Actress Scarlett Johansson Controversies None
He was born on January 8, 1986, in Arguineguín, Gran Canaria, Canary Islands, Spain, to Fernando Jiménez and Eva Silva. The father of the boy was the municipal police officer responsible for the safety of ‘Valencia CF’ stadium. He was born to a Japanese mother, according to Canarian media reports.
Kylian Mbappé Bio, Age, Height, Parents, Wife, Son, Net Worth & Wiki
The young player began his football career with UD San Fernando’s youth team. Initially, he was a goalkeeper and then a winger. He became a youth player with Valencia CF at the age of 14 and remained a part of the club’s youth setup until he was 17 years old.
On January 3, 2018, he published a note explaining that he had not been with ‘Manchester City’ since December 2017, as he needed time away from the game to recuperate from the very early birth of his son, Mateo.
David Silva Net Worth
David Silva has a net worth of $60 million. He makes $15 million annually. He would be ranked among the world’s 20 highest-paid soccer players with that much money.
Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx) $60 Million Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx) $55 Million Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx) $35 Million Annual Salary $15 Million Endorsements $1.5 Million Income Source Spanish Professional Footballer Cars Collection • Trans Am GT
• Continental GT
• Bentley Continental GT
• Porsche Cayenne
• Mercedes Benz CSI
His estimated net worth is, however, just an estimate. In Forbes’ list of the top 20 richest football players, he is also included. Silva was ranked eleventh on a list of the richest footballers by another leading publication in 2017. Currently, he is receiving $13.3 million as a yearly salary from Manchester City which reaches US$15 Million with some of his personal investments.
Silva’s car collection includes approximately 4 million dollars worth of luxury cars. Some of these include a 1992 Trans Am GT, Bentley Continental GT, Porsche Cayenne, and Mercedes Benz CSI. Along with the cars, another major component of his net worth is his home on Gran Canaria. Approximately $4 million is estimated to be the value of the mansion. Apart from this mansion, he also owns a house at his birthplace, Arguineguín.
David Beckham Bio, Age, Height, Family, Position, Net Worth & Wiki
As a result of Silva’s endorsements, he has added some extra glittering stars to his net worth and salary. Having a contract worth US$6.4 Million with Adidas boosts his income. Adidas X 18.1 soccer cleats will be worn by him in the 2017-18 season following the signing. In addition, he makes approximately $1.5 million per year from endorsements, which include Adidas.
He announced in October 2017 that he had agreed to extend his Manchester City contract to 2020 for 150,000 Euros ($1,76,725.35) per week. He signed the contract in November, the details of which were not made public.
- During his first appearance for Spain, he scored three goals during the 2003 FIFA Under-17 World Championship in Finland.
- Following a loan from Valencia, he made his professional debut in the 2004-2005 season with ‘Sociedad Deportiva Eibar.’ He was then lent to the Spanish professional football club ‘Celta de Vigo’ the following season. His four goals at the 2005 Olympic Games contributed significantly to the team’s success.
- In the summer of 2006, he returned to ‘Valencia.’ On November 5, 2006, he scored his first league goal. He made his senior international debut on November 15 of that year, after being named to the Spanish national ‘Under-21’ football team in 2006.
- Silva was in the squad of 23 for the “UEFA Euro 2008.”
- Despite much interest from ‘Premier League’ clubs, Silva opted for a five-year contract extension with ‘Valencia’ in August 2008. In 2008, he won the ‘Copa del Rey,’ his first title in Spain, when Valencia defeated Getafe 3–1, earning the trophy for the seventh time in the club’s history.
- During the 2009–2010 ‘La Liga’ season, he scored eight goals, a career-high.
- Silva signed a four-year deal with Manchester City on July 14, 2010. His manager, Roberto Mancini, initially thought he would be a winger. The role of trequartista was given to Silva later in his first season.
- On August 14, 2010, David made his ‘Premier League’ debut against ‘Tottenham Hotspur’ at White Hart Lane. He scored his first goal for ‘Manchester City’ against ‘Red Bull Salzburg’ on September 16 of that year. His first league goal came against ‘Blackpool’ on October 17 of that year.
- From October to December 2010, he was named Manchester City Player of the Month for three consecutive months. In his first season, he made 15 assists and was one of the league’s best players.
- Throughout the following season, he also showed impressive performance. It was his second ‘Man of the Match’ award in the 2011–2012 ‘Premier League,’ following two matches against ‘Swansea City’ and ‘Bolton Wanderers.
- As a result of his outstanding performance on the field, he was named Premier League Player of the Month on October 1, 2011.
- On October 23, 2011, he scored the fifth goal for ‘Manchester City’ against ‘Manchester United’ in the season’s first ‘Manchester Derby,’ held at Old Trafford, when the former ended up with a 6–1 win. As well as assisting his teammates in making two goals, Silva also set up Edin Džeko’s second goal during the game.
- He was one of three Manchester City players named to the PFA Premier League Team of the Year after finishing the season with 15 assists, the most ever. He also won a ‘Premier League’ medal with ‘Manchester City.’
- “UEFA Euro 2012,” played on July 1, 2012, in Kiev, Ukraine, crowned Spain ‘UEFA Euro 2012’ champions. Spain won the tournament with a 4–0 win over Italy. A Silva goal put Spain ahead in the first half. Silva had exemplary performance in the tournament, scoring twice and setting up three others. He was named to the ‘UEFA Euro 2012 Team of the Tournament’ because of his performances.
- On September 17, 2012, Manchester City offered him a five-year contract in a fresh deal.
- Spain’s 23-man squad list for the 2013 ‘FIFA Confederations Cup,’ drafted by Vicente del Bosque, included Silva.
- He was voted ‘Player of the Month’ for March 2014 at Manchester City. A five-year contract extension was signed by him with the club on August 12, the same year.
- It was in February 2015 that he was named the Etihad Player of the Month. On March 4, 2015, he scored against Leicester City, leading Manchester City to a 1–0 victory. In doing so, he became the first player in his career to score ten league goals in a season.
- In August 2015, he was named Liverpool’s Player of the Month and was nominated for the Premier League’s Player of the Month award.’ The club, for the first time, topped their group, when they defeated ‘Borussia Mönchengladbach’ 4–2 on December 8 that year, in the last group-stage match of the ‘UEFA Champions League.’ The first goal of the match was scored by Silva.
- ‘Manchester City’ won its second ‘League Cup’ in the 2016 ‘Football League Cup’ final at Wembley Stadium in London, when the team beat Liverpool 3–1 in a penalty shoot-out in the final on February 28, 2016.
- In 2016–2017, he won the Etihad Player of the Season award after playing 44 games and scoring eight goals as well as providing several assists.
- Silva appeared in 14 Premier League matches during the 2017-2018 season, where he provided eight assists. His achievement makes him the highest-scoring player among the top five European leagues. ‘Manchester City’ signed a one-year contract extension with Silva on November 30, 2017, thus deciding to retain him till 2020.
Facts About David Silva
- Does Silva smoke?: No
- Does Silva drink Alcohol?: Yes
- Silva is a left-footed player.
- He started playing soccer as a goalkeeper before becoming a winger.
- David Silva’s ideal opponent is the Danish attacking midfielder Michael Laudrup.
- A dispute between David Silva and any soccer player has never been documented.
- He began his youth career in 1995 for San Fernando, when he was only nine years old.
- In 2000, he was counted into the Spanish football club València.
- In 2003, he competed at the FIFA U-17 World Championship in Finland as a member of the national U-17 team.
- His senior World Youth Championships appearance was in 2005.
- In 2010, Silva signed a contract with Manchester City.
São Paulo, State of São Paulo, Brazil
8 January 1986
After a hair transplant, most people shave their heads bald. The reason David Silva did the same was that he also had a transplant. The receding hairlines he had were completely gone when his hair grew back. Football fans were surprised again when their favorite player’s hair grew back.
Silva is a surname in Portuguese-speaking countries, such as Portugal and Brazil. It is derived from the Latin word silva, meaning ‘forest’ or ‘woodland’. It is the family name of the House of Silva.