Kajal Aggarwal is an Indian film actress and model. She was born on 19 June 1985 in Mumbai, Maharashtra. She completed his early studies at St Anne’s High School, Mumbai. And then a degree in Mass Media specializing in Advertising and Marketing from Jai Hind College, Mumbai. She has established a career in the Telugu and Tamil film industries and has been nominated for four Filmfare Awards South. She made her acting debut in the 2004 Hindi film Kyun! Ho Gaya Na, playing a minor supporting role, before becoming a leading actress in the major South Indian film industries.
She rose to fame after her performance as Yuvarani Mitravinda and Indu in the 2009 Telugu blockbuster film Magadheera. She got her Tamil acting offer, which was veteran Tamil director Bhrathiraja’s Bommalattam. The film, however, got delayed and released only in late 2008. In 2008, she had her first Tamil-language film release, which was Perarasu’s action entertainer Pazhani. The film, in which she shared screen space with Bharath, was a commercial success.
Kajal Aggarwal Bio/ Wiki
|Birth Name||Kajal Aggarwal|
|Age||(as in 2023) 38 Years|
|Debut||Bollywood Film: Kyun! Ho Gaya Na (2004)|
Telugu Film: Lakshmi Kalyanam (2007)
Tamil Film: Pazhani (2008)
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Gemini|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Date of Birth||19 June 1985|
|Home Town||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hobbies||Dancing, Doing Yoga, Reading|
|Mother's Name||Suman Aggarwal (Confectioner)|
|Father's Name||Vinay Aggarwal (Entrepreneur)|
|Sister||Nisha Agarwal (Actress)|
Marital Status, Husband and Children
|Marriage Date||Not Known|
|School||St. Anne's High School, Mumbai|
|College/University||Jai Hind College, Mumbai|
K.C. College, Mumbai
|Educational Qualification||Degree in Mass Media specializing in Advertising and Marketing|
|Brands Endorsed||Not Known|
|Career Manager||Not Known|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters: 165 cm|
in meters: 1.65 m
in Feet Inches: 5' 5"
|Weight (Approx.)||in Kilograms- 55 Kg|
in Pounds: 121 lbs
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Not Known|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|S*xual Orientation||Not Known|
|Dress Size||Not Known|
|Shoe Size||Not Known|
|Favourite Actress||Not Known|
|Favourite Actors||Not Known|
|Favourite Colors||Not Known|
|Favourite Sport||Not Known|
|Controversies||Once FHM magazine issued a topless photo of her, but she later admitted that it was an altered picture of her.|
Family – Parents, Sister/ Education & More
Kajal Aggarwal was born and brought up in a Punjabi family settled in Mumbai. Her father Vinay Aggarwal is an entrepreneur in the textile business and her mother Suman Aggarwal is a confectioner, and also Kajal’s business manager. Kajal has a younger sister Nisha Aggarwal, an actress in Telugu, Tamil, and Malayalam cinema, who is now married to Karan Valecha (Managing director Golds gyms, Asia).
She studied at St. Anne’s High School, fort, and completed her pre-university education at Jai Hind College. She pursued her graduation in mass media, with a specialization in marketing and advertising, from Kishinchand Chellaram College. Having harbored MBA dreams all through her growing years, she intends to achieve a post-graduation degree soon.
Kajal Aggarwal Net Worth
According to various online sources, Kajal Aggarwal’s estimated Net Worth, Salary, Income, Cars, Lifestyles & many more details have been updated below. Let’s check, How Rich is Kajal Aggarwal in 2023?
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$11 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$5 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$3 Million|
|Annual Salary||6 Crore +|
Noted, She owns a luxury flat in the post area of Mumbai that would be estimated at over Rs 3 crore. Currently, We don’t have enough information about Cars, Monthly/Yearly Salary, etc. We will update you soon.
Movies – Career
- Aggarwal made her acting debut in the 2004 Bollywood film Kyun! Ho Gaya Na, in which she had a minor supporting role as the friend of Diya.
- She appeared in veteran Tamil director Bharathiraja’s Bommalattam, alongside Arjun Sarja. The film was delayed and released in late 2008.
- Aggarwal made her debut in the Telugu film industry and played her first leading role in 2007 in Teja’s Lakshmi Kalyanam.
- Later that year, she appeared in the Krishna Vamsi-directed Chandamama, which opened to positive reviews and became her first major successful film.
- In 2008, she had her first Tamil film release, Perarasu’s action entertainer Pazhani, co-starring Bharath. She had two more Tamil releases that year with Venkat Prabhu’s comedy-thriller Saroja, in which she did a guest appearance and Bharathiraja’s investigative thriller Bommalattam.
- Although the former went on to become a commercial as well as a critical success. Her Telugu releases Pourudu and Aatadista opposite Sumanth and Nitin.
- Aggarwal had four releases in 2009. She first starred opposite Vinay Rai in the Tamil film Modhi Vilayadu, which garnered mixed reviews and was a financial failure. She then appeared in the high budget Telugu historical drama Magadheera, alongside Ram Charan Teja, which saw her playing double roles for the first time. Her subsequent releases Ganesh Just Ganesh, opposite Ram and Arya 2 opposite Allu Arjun received mixed reviews from critics, while her performance garnered positive feedback.
- Aggarwal’s first 2010 release was A. Karunakaran’s romantic comedy Darling.
- Later that year, Aggarwal appeared in the Tamil thriller film Naan Mahaan Alla, opposite Karthi, which was based on a real-life incident and opened to positive reviews. It was a box office success.
- The chemistry between Karthi and Aggarwal was widely praised. It was later dubbed in Telugu as Naa Peru Siva in Andhra Pradesh and was a success.
- Aggarwal’s final release in 2010 was another romantic comedy Brindavanam opposite Jr. NTR and Samantha.
- In 2011, Aggarwal was paired with Prabhas for the second time in the romantic comedy Mr. Perfect, directed by Dasaradh.
- In May, she appeared in Veera, replacing Anushka Shetty and starring opposite Ravi Teja for the first time.
- In July that year, Aggarwal made her Bollywood comeback after seven years with a leading role in the police story Singham, a remake of the same-titled 2010 Tamil film, opposite Ajay Devgn.
- Aggarwal finished 2011 with the Telugu film Dhada, opposite Naga Chaitanya, which failed at the box office.
- In early 2012, Aggarwal appeared in the Telugu gangster film Businessman, alongside Mahesh Babu, directed by Puri Jagannadh.
- Aggarwal made a comeback to Tamil cinema later that year with two high-profile action flicks. The first was Maattrraan, directed by K. V. Anand and starring Suriya. T
- I prefer the Telugu film industry as women are respected more than they are in the Tamil film industry. In Tamil cinema, they care only about their hero.
- The second was A. R. Murugadoss’s Thuppakki, starring Vijay, in which she played the role of a boxer. It received mostly positive reviews from the critics and was a major commercial success, becoming the second Tamil film ever to collect over ₹100 crores (US$14 million). Her final release in 2012 was the Telugu romance film Sarocharu, opposite Ravi Teja for the second time. Although her performance was praised by critics, the film received poor reviews and did below-average business at the box office.
- In early 2013, Aggarwal starred in V. V. Vinayak’s action film Naayak, opposite Ram Charan Teja and Amala Paul. Upon release, it received positive reviews and was a major commercial success. Also that year, she starred in the Hindi film Special 26, a heist drama directed by Neeraj Pandey. It went on to be a major critical and commercial success.
- She later appeared in Srinu Vaitla’s Baadshah, opposite Jr. NTR for the second time in her career.
- In early 2014, Aggarwal starred in R. T. Neason’s masala film Zilla, in which she played a police officer. She then featured in a cameo appearance in the Telugu action thriller film Yevadu. Her next release was Krishna Vamsi’s family drama Govindudu Andarivadele, It grossed ₹416.5 million (US$6.0 million) at the box office and became one of the highest-grossing Telugu films of 2014.
- Kajal’s first release of 2015 was in the Telugu action film Temper, directed by Puri Jagannadh, alongside NTR Jr.
- Next, she featured in two Tamil films, working with industry-leading actors and directors. In July 2015 she was seen as an entrepreneur in Balaji Mohan’s gangster comedy film Maari, opposite Dhanush. Her other release, Suseenthiran’s action film Paayum Puli, alongside Vishal, received mixed reviews and failed at the box office.
- The year 2016 saw Kajal appear in two high-profile Telugu films. She played the lead female role, marking her first collaboration with Pawan Kalyan, in the masala film Sardaar Gabbar Singh, directed by K. S. Ravindra.
- In fact, she is a breath of air in the film”. The film grossed ₹90 crores (US$13 million) worldwide. Her second Telugu release was Srikanth Addala’s family drama Brahmotsavam, opposite Mahesh Babu, which was a major critical and commercial failure.
- She next starred opposite Randeep Hooda in the romantic drama Hindi film Do Lafzon Ki Kahani. The film received moderate reviews.
- In April 2016, she signed another Telugu film directed by Teja, starring opposite Rana Daggubati In June 2016, she signed for Vivegam, starring opposite Ajith Kumar.
- In July 2016, she signed for the Telugu film Khaidi No. 150, starring opposite Chiranjeevi for the first time in his 150th film.
- In late July 2016, she signed to perform her first item number in Koratala Siva’s Janatha Garage, featuring Mohanlal, Jr NTR, Samantha Ruth Prabhu, and Nithya Menen in the lead roles. T
- Aggarwal’s first 2017 release was the Telugu-language action drama film Khaidi No. 150, starring opposite Chiranjeevi.
- In 2017, she appeared in the Political drama Nene Raju Nene Mantri, as Radha Jogendhra, a loyal wife who acts as a moral balance to Rana Daggubati’s character.
- She then appeared as the lead female role in the spy action film, Vivegam, as Yazhini Kumar, a music teacher and loving wife of a spy.
- She then portrayed the supporting role in Atlee’s Mersal as a doctor and featured alongside Vijay for the third time in her career. Mersal went on to join the ₹200 crore club.
- In 2018, Aggarwal had a leading role in the Telugu film MLA. In April 2018, she signed to a Telugu film which also features Ravi Teja, marking her third collaboration with the actor.
- Aggarwal endorses a large number of brands. Before starting her film career, she had acted in commercials as a model. Aggarwal represents Celebrity Cricket League as a brand ambassador. She is the brand ambassador for Lux. She endorses several retail and jewelry stores in south India — RS Brothers in Hyderabad, Sri Lakshmi Jewellery in Puducherry, and AVR in Salem.
- She has featured in television advertisements along with Karthi, endorsing Bru instant coffee. She has endorsed mobile brands such as Samsung Mobile and has featured in advertisements for the Secunderabad-based The Chennai Shopping Mall.
- In April 2012, Kajal was announced as the brand ambassador for Panasonic.
- In 2013, Aggarwal was signed by Dabur as the brand ambassador of its hair oil brand DaburAmlaNelli.
- She also endorses Green Trends, a leading salon brand in India.
|2014||Govindudu Andarivadele |
|2013||All in All Azhagu Raja |
Naan Mahaan Alla
|2009||Arya 2 |
Ganesh Just Ganesh
|2004||Kyun! Ho Gaya Na|
- Does Kajal Aggarwal smoke?: No
- Does Kajal Aggarwal drink alcohol?: No
- Kajal was born into a middle-class Punjabi family with roots in Amritsar.
- When she was doing her final year internship with L’Oreal, a photographer recommended her to try her luck in modeling. Later, she had a photoshoot; and as a result, she grabbed her first South Indian film alongside Nana Patekar.
- Kajal is also known as Miss Congeniality in the South Indian film industry due to her friendly nature and ability to get along with others well.
- She is a good friend of actress Tamannaah Bhatia and actor Ram Charan.
- She did a few Hindi films like Kyun! Ho Gaya Na, Singham, and Special 26.
- She has a fear of dogs.
- She supports PETA’s initiative to Ban Animal Circuses to stop the torture faced by animals in circuses.
- In 2010, she won the CineMAA Award for Best Actress (Telugu) for the film Brindaavanam.
- In 2013, she was declared as the Youth Icon of South Indian Cinema.
Is Kajal Aggarwal In Punjabi?
Kajal Aggarwal Belongs To A Middle-class Punjabi Vaishya (Bania) Family. She Was Born To Entrepreneur, Vinay Aggarwal, And A Confectioner, Suman Aggarwal. She Has A Younger Sister Nisha Aggarwal, Who Is Also A South Indian Actress. Kajal Aggarwal Traces Her Roots Back To Amritsar, Punjab, India.
Can Kajal Agarwal Speak Telugu?
Kajal Agarwal Can Understand Telugu. I Am Not Sure About Tamizh Since I Have Not Seen Any Of Her Tamizh Interviews. She Came Into Telugu Film Industry In 2007. So It Has Been 9Years Of Her Stint In Telugu Film Industry Yet Her Telugu Is Not At All Good.