Iman Vellani (born August 12, 2002) is a Pakistani-born Canadian actress. She is best known for portraying Kamala Khan in the Disney+ miniseries Ms. Marvel (2022), a role she will reprise in the film The Marvels (2023). As part of the Marvel Comics series, Kamala Khan, a Pakistani American teen from New Jersey who idolizes Carol Danvers, aka Captain Marvel, was introduced in 2013. In addition to being an aspiring artist, an avid gamer, and a voracious fan-fiction writer, she is also an avid fan of the Avengers, especially Captain Marvel.
Having developed superhuman abilities, her own solo series, and her own superhero moniker, Ms. Marvel, Kamala became the first Muslim superhero to appear in a Marvel comic book. It has been nine years since Kamala made history with “Ms. Marvel,” the newest Disney Plus series from Marvel Studios, which debuted its first trailer in 2022. The series will premiere on June 8. For her role in Ms. Marvel, she received the Saturn Award for Best Performance by a Younger Actor in the Streaming category in October 2022.
Iman Vellani Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Iman Vellani. It allows you to read through the famous Pakistani-born Canadian actress or Ms. Marvel’s profile as quickly as possible.
|Birth Name/ Real Name||Iman Vellani|
|Nickname/ Popular Name||Vellani|
|Age||21 Years (as in 2023)|
|Religion||Muslim (Ismaili faith, a branch of Shia Islam)|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Leo|
|Birth Place||Karachi, Pakistan|
|Date of Birth||12 August 2002|
|Residence||Markham, Ontario, a suburb of Toronto, Canada|
|Home Town||Markham, Ontario, a suburb of Toronto, Canada|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Dancing, and Singing|
|Mother's Name||Name Not Available (Accountant)|
|Father's Name||Name Not Available (Nurse practitioner)|
|Brother(s)||Her brother is six years older than her and is an Engineer by profession.|
Marital Status, Husband and Children
|School||Unionville High School, York Region District School Board, Ontario, Canada|
|College/University||Unionville High School, York Region District School Board, Ontario, Canada|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm|
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet inches- 5'6"
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg|
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Breast Size||34 inches|
|Hips Size||34 inches|
|Waist Size||25 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Pakistani|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||7 U.S.|
|Favorite Actor(s)||Robert Downey Jr.|
|Favorite Singer||Billy Joel|
|Favorite Food||Nutritional yeast, Nihari|
|Favorite Movies||Into the garbage chute, Flyboy!|
|Favorite Song||‘Vienna’ or ‘Leave a Tender Moment Alone’|
|Favorite Emoji||Thumbs Up|
Iman Vellani Family – Parents, Siblings, And Education
She was born in Karachi, Pakistan, and moved to Canada when she was a year old. She was raised as an Ismaili, a branch of Shia Islam. Vellani grew up in Markham, Ontario, a suburb of Toronto, Canada, where her older brother introduced her to Marvel at a young age.
She was born to her father, a finance accountant, and her mother, a nurse practitioner by profession. In spite of this, she did not publicly disclose the names of her parents. She has a 6 year elder brother who is an engineer by profession.
In Markham, Ontario, she graduated from Unionville High School. During the 2019 Toronto International Film Festival, Vellani was selected as a member of the TIFF Next Wave Committee.
After graduating from high school, Vellani planned to attend the Ontario College of Art & Design University to study integrated media, but fate had other plans for her. She was selected to play the role of Kamala Khan in Ms. Marvel on her last day at high school in September 2020.
Michael Richards Net Worth, Age, Height, Education, Career & Wiki
During her last day of high school, Vellani-who had dressed as Kamala for Halloween-received a WhatsApp message from her aunt informing her of a casting call for a Disney Plus series based on the character “Ms. Marvel” comics.
She believed it to be a scam. Vellani would not forgive herself if she did not at least apply, so she submitted an academic résumé and the only headshot she had. As a surprise to her, Marvel requested that she film a self-tape. Even though Vellani recognized the comics the audition scenes were based on, she was intimidated to film her audition.
For as long as she could, Vellani put it off until, at 3 a.m. the day before she was due, she went down to her basement, where her father had constructed a tripod, and pressed record. Having no one to read the other character’s lines, Vellani recorded her own voice on Voice Memos, lowered the pitch in iMovie so it appeared as if she were speaking to someone else, and sent it in.
She explains, “Apparently, that is not the proper way to do a self-tape, but that is how I did it.” The following day, she received a phone call from Marvel informing her that they would be flying her to Los Angeles to meet. On her last day of high school, Vellani was asked to join Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige on a Zoom call, where she was offered the role of Kamala Khan in “Ms. Marvel.”
Vellani, who had not informed anyone at her school that she had auditioned, answered the phone from a friend’s driveway. Having told her friends what happened, they celebrated by ordering burritos.
Ben Affleck Age, Height, Family, Affairs, Net Worth, Wiki, Bio & More
Iman Vellani Net Worth
Iman Vellani has an estimated net worth of approximately $2.5 million as of 2023, according to various online resources.
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2023
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$2.5 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$2.0 Million|
|Annual or Per Year Salary||$100,000+|
|House/Properties||• Ontario, Canada|
• Los Angeles, US
She has accumulated that kind of net worth in just one season of Miss Marvel, and it is expected that her contract will be renewed. It is estimated that this will be worth five million dollars per season. In the next two years, her net worth will rise by a huge amount.
In two years, her net worth will have multiplied tenfold. As soon as that occurs, we will update this article as well. Their ancestral home is still in Karachi, Pakistan, even though Iman Vellani has purchased the property in Canada as well as in America.
Iman Vellani’s property in Los Angeles, California is estimated to be worth five hundred thousand dollars. Currently, she is living in Los Angeles, California, where she works on a television series. Other than that, she spends most of her time at home in Canada.
Tinsley Mortimer Net Worth, Age, Husband, Films, Height, Personal Life, Career, & Wiki
Iman Vellani Career- Movies And TV Shows
- In September 2020, it was announced that Vellani had been cast as Kamala Khan in Marvel Studios’ and Disney+’s streaming television miniseries Ms. Marvel.
- In February of that year, Vellani’s aunt forwarded her a casting call, which led her to submit a self-tape before being asked to audition in Los Angeles – and ultimately to have two screen tests: one in person in February, and one via Zoom in June.
- Ms. Marvel star Iman Vellani posted a homemade short film on Vimeo in May 2021 featuring herself and the action figures of Ms. Marvel and Iron Man. The video has only received a few hundred views on Vimeo up until recently.
- At every turn in the 90-second short, Vellani displays Marvel memorabilia, including Captain Marvel socks, a poster of Iron Man on her wall, an Iron Man decal on her laptop, and an Avengers comic that she is reading.
- Taking out action figures of Ms. Marvel and Iron Man, she has them interact in stop-motion as Billy Joel’s I Don’t Want to Be Alone plays in the background. A brief description of the video expressed Vellani’s love for Robert Downey Jr.: “Rdj if you see this.”
- In her Zoom screen test, Vellani revealed that she, too, is an Avengers fangirl, according to Kamala Khan co-creator Sana Amanat.
- She appeared in A Fan’s Guide to Ms. Marvel, a documentary short about the series’ production, in June 2022.
- The documentary features interviews with the filmmaking team and her and was released on Disney+ in advance of the premiere of Ms. Marvel. Ms. Marvel premiered on Disney+ on June 8, 2022, marking Vellani’s debut on screen. She received widespread praise for both the series and her portrayal of the title character.
- Following the completion of six episodes on July 13, 2022, the miniseries came to an end.
- In July, Vellani reprised her role as Khan in Disney Wish’s CGI-immersive interactive experience Avengers: Quantum Encounter.
- The following month, she participated in the documentary special Assembled: The Making of Ms. Marvel, which featured interviews with Vellani, cast members, and creatives on set. As the tenth installment of Marvel Studios: Assembled, the special was released on Disney+.
- Several days before the release of her series, she appeared in a short documentary film entitled A Fan’s Guide to Ms. Marvel. An interview with Vellani and the production team was featured in this short film.
- The mini-series was released on Disney+ on 8 September 2022. Critics and viewers have praised the series and Vellani’s performance. In this miniseries, she appeared alongside Laurel Marsden, Yasmeen Fletcher, Mohan Kapur, Azhar Usman, Matt Lintz, Saagar Shaikh, and Zenobia Shroff. The miniseries was produced as part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), which has entered its fourth phase with the introduction of new superheroes and their supporting cast.
- In the 2023 film The Marvels, Vellani will reprise her role as Kamala Khan, a sequel to Captain Marvel, which serves as a continuation of the Ms. Marvel series.
- Additionally, she will voice an animated version of the character in Disney+’s adaptation of the fifth episode of the animated series, What If?.
- Currently, she is working on her upcoming project as a voice actor for the Marvel Zombies show on Disney+, which is expected to premiere in 2024.
Iman Vellani Movies List
• Requiem for a Pandemic
|2021||I Don't Wanna B Alone 🙁|
|2023||The Marvels (under-production)|
Iman Vellani TV Shows List
|2022||• A Fan's Guide to Ms. Marvel|
• Ms. Marvel
• Marvel Studios: Assembled
G Herbo Net Worth, Family, Controversies, Age, Height, Personal Life, Charity, Career, & Wiki
Facts About Iman Vellani
- As a Marvel superhero in 2022, Iman Vellani rose to fame as a Hollywood actress.
- Having been a fan of Marvel and Iron Man since childhood, Vellani decided to audition for Ms. Marvel. A Zoom call was used to audition her for the role of Kamala Khan in Ms. Marvel. During her audition, Sana Amanat, the co-creator of Kamala Khan’s character, discovered that Vellani was a huge Marvel fan.
- Sana Amanat, the Co-executive Producer of the Ms. Marvel project, saw Vellani’s entire room during the audition. Vellani’s entire room was decorated with Marvel posters, which impressed Sana. As Vellani was similar to the lead character of Ms. Marvel and a Marvel fan, she highlighted her audition to the team. “She showed me every corner of her room, which was covered with Avengers. She said, ‘Oh wait, I’m not done’, opened up her closet, and there was, even more, Marvel everywhere,” Sana said in an interview.
- As of 2020, she has directed two short films: I don’t wanna b alone and Push.
- Vellani comes from a Muslim family and played the role of Kamala, who was of the same ethnicity as herself. In an interview, she spoke about this experience and said, “Growing up, I felt very disconnected from my culture and religion since I grew up in Canada. As a child, I did not have any brown friends outside my mosque and did not hang out with them. Filming the show taught me a great deal about my ancestry. That is a very special experience that I get to share with the character, and it is because I worked with such incredible creators who had Muslim or Pakistani backgrounds.”
- As part of her press tour in London, Iman Vellani played a game once. In less than 60 seconds, she was asked to name each of the 28 movies in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. She listed 24 of the 28 movies in a fraction of the time she was given. After that, she blanked. Before she knew it, the time had run out. As a result, she forgot about “The Incredible Hulk,” which she does not count, and the “Guardians of the Galaxy” movies, which she is able to forgive herself for.
Benny Blanco Net Worth, Age, Height, Weight, Career, Personal Life, Awards & Wiki
According to the actress, “my aunt forwarded me a WhatsApp message regarding the casting call. It is very sketchy!” “I have no idea what casting calls look like, but I’m obsessed with Marvel.
Instead of starting college at the Ontario College of Art & Design University in Toronto, 18-year-old Vellani began filming the first season of Ms. Marvel.
Iman Vellani is a Canadian actress who has a net worth to be around $2 million as of 2023. Obviously, her upcoming contracts with Marvel give her a huge hike in net worth.
There are several ways in which Islam inspires Ms. Marvel’s show and comics. Her heroism is infused with Islam, as she has been explicitly Muslim since she debuted in 2014.
An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of Iman Vellani. Hopefully, Iman Vellani’s biography has made you believe patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in the article on Iman Vellani.