Huma Qureshi Bio, Age, Net Worth, Family, Movies & TV
Huma Qureshi is a highly-talented and popular new actress from the Bollywood Hindi film industry. Before becoming popular as a Bollywood actress, Huma Qureshi initially began her career as a model and a theater artist. It was during the filming of a commercial ad that popular Bollywood director, Anurag Kashyap, noticed her skills and later offered her a 3-movie deal under his production.
Qureshi made her film debut with a supporting role in the two-part crime drama Gangs of Wasseypur (2012). Her performance in the film earned her several nominations, including the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut and the Best Supporting Actress. That same year, she played the lead female role in the romance Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana and followed it with a role in Ek Thi Daayan. She portrayed protagonists in the anthological Shorts (2013), the black comedy Dedh Ishqiya (2014), the revenge drama Badlapur (2015), the Marathi road drama Highway (2015) and featured briefly in the collaborative film X: Past Is Present (2015).
Huma Saleem Qureshi better known as Huma Qureshi is an Indian actress and model from Bollywood. Huma was born on 28th July of the year 1986.
Huma Qureshi Bio/Wiki
Full Name Huma Saleem Qureshi
Huma Qureshi is an Indian actress and model, who is known for her role as Mohsina in the crime drama franchise, Gangs of Wasseypuer – Part 1 and Part 2. She collectively received several awards for her role in the film including BIG Star Entertainment Awards and two Filmfare Awards nomination. Mostly known for her works in Bollywood films, Qureshi has got her hands in the South Indian language movie, who has starred opposite Rajinikanth in Kaala.
Huma Qureshi Family, Education & More
Huma Qureshi Father- Saleem Qureshi (Restaurateur)
Mother- Ameena Qureshi
Huma Qureshi Brother (s)– 3
Huma Qureshi Brother Naeem Qureshi (Elder, Businessman)
Huma Qureshi Brother Haseen Qureshi (Elder, Businessman)
Huma Qureshi Brother Saqib Saleem (Younger, Actor)
Qureshi was born on 28 July 1986 in Delhi, India into a Muslim family. Her parents, Saleem Qureshi (Father) is a restaurateur and Ameena Qureshi (Mother) is a housewife. She has three brothers Saqib Saleem (Actor), Naeem Qureshi and Haseen Qureshi.
Huma completed her schooling in Delhi and done her bachelor’s in History Honours from the Gargi College—University of Delhi. Begin her career in Modeling and Theatre actor and signed with Hindustan Unilever for television commercials. After impressed Anurag Kashyap with her Samsung commercial, Qureshi managed to get an opportunity to debut in Bollywood
Height, Weight & More
Height in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5′ 4¾”
Weight 62 kg (137 lbs)
Eye Colour Black
Hair Colour Black
Huma Qureshi’s height is around 5 ft 7 inches (170 cm) while Huma Qureshi’s weight is around 62 kg (137 lbs). In her spare time, Huma Qureshi loves to read autobiographies or biographies of famous personalities and loves to swim, as part of her hobbies.
Huma Qureshi Hot Images
Huma Qureshi Age, Personal Life & More
Date of Birth 28 July 1986 (Monday)
Huma Qureshi Age (as in 2019) 33 Years
Birthplace New Delhi
Zodiac sign Leo
Hometown New Delhi
College/University Gargi College, New Delhi
Educational Qualification Graduation in History Honours
Food Habit Non-Vegetarian
Hobbies Playing Basketball, Reading Autobiographies, and Travelling
- In 2014, she was in news for her link-up rumors with Anurag Kashyap. At that time, Anurag was married to Kalki Koechlin, and the couple was going through a rough phase in their married life. Reportedly, Huma was blamed for breaking their marriage.
- In 2016, she was in a rumored love affair with the actor Sohail Khan. As per the sources, Salman Khan was upset with Huma for creating differences in his brother’s married life.
Huma Qureshi Net Worth
Huma Qureshi is certainly a new face in the Bollywood industry and with her short acting career in Bollywood, she has established herself quite well. She receives roughly a salary of 2-3 crore per film; through which she has been able to accumulate an estimated net worth of $3 million.
With her involvement in the Indian movie business, she has been living a luxurious life and she owns an SUV Land Rover Freelander.
Huma Qureshi Husband, Affairs and More
Marital Status Unmarried
Huma Qureshi Affairs/Boyfriends • Manoj Tanwar (2007)
• Ibrahim Ansari, Businessman from Nehru Place (2008)
• Arjan Bajwa, Actor (Rumoured, 2012)
• Shahid Kapoor, Actor (Rumoured, 2013)
• Anurag Kashyap, Director (Rumoured, 2014)
• Sohail Khan, Actor (Rumoured, 2016)
• Abhishek Chaubey, Director (Rumoured)
• Mudassar Aziz, Director (2019- Present)
Favorite Food Shaami Kebabs, Biryani, Sushi, Galauti, and Malai Tikkas
Favorite Actor(s) Ranbir Kapoor, Shah Rukh Khan, and Salman Khan
Favorite Film(s) Kaagaz Ke Phool (1959), Om Shanti Om (2007), Titanic (1997), and Blue Valentine (2010)
Favorite Perfume Daisy by Marc Jacobs
Debut TV: Upanishad Ganga (2012) as Pundalik’s wife Nati Hussaini
Film, Hindi: Gangs of Wasseypur – Part 1 (2012)
The film, Malayalam: White (2016)
The film, Hollywood: Viceroy’s House (2017)
The film, Tamil: Kaala (2018)
Web-Series: Leila (2019)
- Huma Qureshi was slated to make her debut in a Tamil film, Billa II opposite Ajith Kumar. The director of the film, Chakri Toleti auditioned more than 700 girls for the movie and selected Huma Qureshi to play the lead role. However, as the film got delayed, she opted out and eventually made her debut in Anurag Kayshap’s Gangs of Wasseypur. Although the actress had a small role in the film, her performance as Mohsina, the supporting wife, of her criminal husband Faizal Khan played by Nawazuddin Siddiqui was much appreciated by critics. Govind Nihalani, a noted film critic drew a comparison with yesteryear actress Smita Patil and stated that she is good enough actress to stand apart from the crowd and hold her own.
- The film, which was premiered at the 65th Cannes Film Festival received positive critic reviews. Following the success of Gangs of Wasseypur, the actress reprised her role as Mohsina in the second installment of the two-part series, Gangs of Wasseypur II (2012). The movie was both a commercial and critical hit. In the same year, the actress signed a three-film contract with Anurag Kashyap and her first movie under the contract was Sameer Sharma’s romantic-comedy Luv Shev Tey Chicken Khurana. She was cast opposite Kunal Kapoor and essayed the role of a fiery Punjabi girl.
- Her next movie, Ek Thi Daayan released in 2013 and she played the role of a witch. The movie also featuring Emraan Hashmi, Konkona Sen Sharma, and Kalki Koechlin got mixed reviews but it was a commercial hit. The actress next featured in a short movie, named Sujata directed by Anurag Kashyap. The film was screened at the Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles and for her brilliant performance in the movie, she has presented a Special Mention Award at the ceremony.
- In 2013, the actress featured in the underworld drama, D-Day, directed by Nikhil Advani. The movie which had an ensemble cast including Irrfan Khan, Arjun Rampal, Shruti Haasan, and Rishi Kapoor was a commercial failure but Huma’s performance was much appreciated by the critics. The following year, the actress appeared in the Dedh Ishqiya, a sequel to the 2010 movie Ishqiya. The movie directed by Abhishek Chaubey also featured Madhuri Dixit, Naseeruddin Shah, and Arshad Warsi. The film grossed over INR 27 crore worldwide and Huma’s role as the companion of a con woman, played by Madhuri Dixit won her praises from critics.
- In 2015, Huma appeared in Sriram Raghavan’s crime thriller Badlapur. The movie, which also starred, Varun Dhawan, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, and Divya Dutta saw the actress playing the role of a prostitute and the love interest of a con man played by Siddiqui. The film was critically acclaimed and Qureshi received a nomination for Best Supporting Actress at the Filmfare Awards that year. In the same year, the actress Marathi film debut with Highway directed by Umesh Kulkarni. The movie was an average hit and it got mixed reviews. In 2016, the actress made her Malayalam debut with Uday Ananthan’s White alongside Mammootty. Upon release, the film fared pretty well at the box office. In her first release of 2017, the actress collaborated with director Subhash Kapoor in the Indian black comedy film Jolly LL.B 2, the second installment in the Jolly LLB series. The film starring Akshay Kumar, Annu Kapoor, and Saurabh Shukla received average critical reviews and fared decently at the box office.
Huma Qureshi Movies
Movies Year/Movies Title
2012 Gangs of Wasseypur – Part 1, Gangs of Wasseypur – Part 2
2012 Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana
2012 Upanishad Ganga
2013 Ek Thi Daayan
2014 Dedh Ishqiya
2015 X: Past Is Present
2016 Tumhe Dillagi
2017 Ek Dopahar
2017 Jolly LLB 2
2017 Viceroy’s House
2017 Dobaara: See Your Evil
2020 Army of the Dead
Some Known Facts About Huma Qureshi
- Does Huma Qureshi drink alcohol?: Yes
- Her father owns a chain of restaurants in Delhi with the name ‘Saleem’s.’
- During her school days, she used to be like a geek. In an interview, she said, I love books. In fact, I was a geek in college and school. I became an actor by mistake. Now I have become fashionable, but initially, I used to wear my dad’s shirts. In my home in Delhi, I still have more books than clothes.”
- While in college, she joined a theatre group ‘Act 1.’ Her mentor was the theatre director and acting teacher, N. K. Sharma. She considers him her lucky mascot and always takes his advice before signing a film. N. K. Sharma
- Initially, Huma’s parents were not happy about her career choice as an actor. In an interview, Huma revealed, Dad felt that too much of studying had affected my mind. My parents suggested me to go abroad and do an MBA. But when I told dad that all my life I’d regret not being able to fulfill my dreams because of him, he became emotional. The very next day, he brought me to Mumbai. He said, ‘If nothing happens in a year, come back to a normal life.”
- Huma Qureshi shared her struggle story in an interview, she said, While my dad could afford to get me an independent house and a car, I did not want to ask him for too much money when I shifted to Mumbai. I stayed as a PG in Juhu with four other girls in a tiny place where each of us had a bed and a cabinet and we would have fought every day on who would use the washroom first. I would eat from dabbas, travel in a rickshaw, sometimes even walk to save the money. I had decided to give myself one year before I returned.”
- In 2008, she moved to Mumbai from Delhi to audition for a film ‘Junction,’ but the film never released. Later, she signed a two-year contract with Hindustan Unilever to work in TV commercials.
- Her first TV commercial was with the actor Abhishek Bachchan for a cell phone, in which she played the character of a reporter.
- Later, Huma Qureshi appeared in various TV commercials with Aamir Khan and Shah Rukh Khan, but she came into the limelight with a mobile phone advertisement with Aamir Khan. This advertisement was directed by Anurag Kashyap, and while shooting for the advertisement, he told Huma that he would cast her in his next film.
- Anurag kept his promise and offered her a role in ‘Gangs of Wasseypur-Part 1.’
- Huma was supposed to debut with the Tamil film ‘Billa II: The Beginning’ in 2012, but the film got delayed.
- Later, Huma appeared in many Bollywood films like Gangs of Wasseypur – Part 2 (2012), Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana (2012), Ek Thi Daayan (2013), D-Day (2014), and Jolly LLB 2 (2017).
- In 2014, she did a photoshoot for the ‘Be unstoppable’ campaign for body shaming.
- She was featured in a few music videos like ‘Mitti Di Khusboo’ (2014) and ‘Tumhe Dillagi’ (2016).
- She appeared in the TV shows like ‘Comedy Nights with Kapil’ (2013), ‘Baba Ki Chowki’ (2016), ‘Back Benchers’ (2019), and ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’ (2016).
- In 2018, she judged the TV reality show ‘India’s Best Dramebaaz.’
- Huma Qureshi walked the red carpet at the ‘Cannes Film Festival’ in 2018 and 2019.
- She acted in the American Netflix series ‘Army of the Dead’ in 2020.
- She has walked the ramp in many well-known fashion shows.
- She has featured on the cover of many popular magazines.
- She has won many awards for her acting skills in various films.
- Ayushmann Khurrana lovingly calls her Chumma Qureshi.
- She is good friends with the director and choreographer, Farah Khan.
- Reportedly, she was asked to change her name by a filmmaker; as her name is similar to a Pakistani actress.
- A restaurant named Vatika in Varanasi (UP) has a dish in their menu named ‘Huma Qureshi.’ Huma revealed in an interview an interesting story behind it, she said, We were shooting Gangs Of Wasseypur in Varanasi. Vatika was the only restaurant serving vegetarian, Italian and continental cuisine. We used to go there for lunch and sometimes coffee. Everything there was cheese-based, because of the Italian influence. So I would order a customized dish and instruct them on how to cook it. Other guests at the restaurant, too began requesting the same dish. So the owner named that particular dish after me.”
Who Is Husband Of Huma Qureshi?
Huma Qureshi To Get Married To Boyfriend Mudassar Aziz? Bollywood Actress Huma Qureshi, Recently Wrapped Up Zack Synder’s Upcoming Film In Los Angeles. While The Actress Is Truly Enjoying Her Work-Life, It’s Her Love Life That Has Been Making Headlines From Quite Some Time Now.
Where Is Huma Qureshi?
Qureshi Was Born On 28 July 1986 Into A Muslim Family In New Delhi, India. Her father, Saleem Qureshi, Is A Restaurateur Who Runs A Chain Of Restaurants (Saleem’s); Her Mother, Ameena Qureshi (A Kashmiri), Is A Housewife. She Has Three Brothers, Including Actor Saqib Saleem.
Who Is Huma Qureshi Father?
How Old Is Huma Qureshi?
33 Years (July 28, 1986)
Huma Qureshi Age