Hugh Jackman is a Hollywood actor from Australia. He began his career as a theatre performer and television actor before landing the part of Wolverine or Logan in the Marvel X-Men movie franchise.
He has held the Guinness Book of World Record for the lengthiest profession as a live-action superhero in Marvel movies. Hugh has won two Tony Awards, a Grammy Award, and a Primetime Emmy Award.
Hugh Jackman Bio/Wiki
|Hugh Michael Jackman
|54 years (as in 2023)
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign
|Date of Birth
|12 October 1968
|Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
|Christopher John Jackman
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Deborra-Lee Furness (1996 – present)
|11 April 1996
|Oscar Maximilian Jackman
Ava Eliot Jackman
|Pymble Public School
Knox Grammar School
|Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts
Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts
University of Technology Sydney
The Actors Centre
|Bachelor of Arts in Communication
Degree in Performing Arts (from WAAPA)
KEURIG Laughing ManCoffee and Tea
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|in Centimeters – 190 cm
in Meters – 1.9 m
in Feet and Inches – 6″3′
|in Kilograms – 86 kg
in Pounds – 190 lbs
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity
|Black – Brown
|Friday The 13th
|Here is New York
The 4-Hour Body
|His mom’s Caramel Cake
|There has been a long time controversy regarding Hugh Jackman’s sexuality. But Jackman and his wife denies such rumors.
Hugh Jackman was born on October 12, 1968, in Sydney to parents Christopher J. Jackman and Grace McNeil. His family was English immigrants who arrived in Australia in 1967 under the Ten Pounds Poms programme. He has two older brothers and two sisters. Through his mom’s remarriage, Hugh also has a half-sister.
After his parents split while he was eight years old, Jackman stayed in Australia alongside his father & brothers, whereas his mother returned to England with his sisters. Jackman was a big fan of the outdoors as a kid, spending a lot of time at the seaside, on camping excursions, and on school vacations all throughout Australia.
Jackman went to Pymble Public School for elementary school and then Knox Grammar School, where he featured in the 1985 play of My Fair Lady and was named school captain. In 1987, he took a gap year and worked as a Physical Education tutor at Uppingham School, England.
When he returned to Australia, he joined University of Technology in Sydney, earning a BA in Communications in 1991. He attended a theatre course to level up credits in his last year of college. Following his BA, Jackman attended the Actors’ Centre Australia for a one-year course called The Journey.
He was invited to take part in the hit soap show Neighbours after finishing The Journey, but he declined. Instead, he went to Edith Cowan University’s Western Australia Academy of Performing Arts, Perth in Western Australia, where he graduated in 1994.
Hugh Jackman Net Worth
Hugh Jackman has an estimated net worth of around $190 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)
|$20 million for Wolverine & X-Men films
He has earned most of his millions through films and musical theatre performances. At the peak of his super-hero career, Jackman charged $20 million per X-Men film. In New York City, Jackman spent $21 million for a triplex penthouse apartment in 2012.
- Hugh Jackman got a call on the evening of his last Academy graduation act, proposing him a part on Correlli, which was Jackman’s first significant professional role. Correlli was a 10-part series on ABC created by Australian star Denise Roberts.
- The series only survived one season. Jackman starred as Gaston within regional Walt Disney version of Beauty and the Beast in 1996 and as Joe Gillis in the Sunset
- Boulevard the following year. Erskineville Kings & Paperback Hero are two of Jackman’s early films, while his television credits comprise Blue Heelers, Law of the Land, and The Man from Snowy River.
- Hugh first gained international recognition in 1998, when he starred as Curly inside the Royal National Theatre critically acclaimed stage version of Oklahoma! in London’s West.
- In 2000, Jackman made his debut as Wolverine with Bryan Singer’s X-Men. The film was a box office smash, and he won Best Actor Saturn Award for his performance.
- In -Men X2 in 2003, X-Men: The Last Stand in 2016, and the 2009 prequel of the series X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Hugh Jackman reprised his character.
- He also appeared in the 2011 film X-Men First Class portraying Wolverine. Later in 2013, Jackman resumed his role as Wolverine in the film The Wolverine, a stand-alone movie sequel set after the occurrences of X-Men The Last Stand, as well as in 2014 sequel movie X-Men Days of Future Past, as well as shortly in the 2016 movie sequel X-Men Apocalypse.
- In 2006, Hugh appeared with Michael Caine, Christian Bale, and Scarlett Johansson in mystery thriller film The Prestige. In Darren Aronofsky’s sci-fi thriller The Fountain: Tommy Creo, Hugh played three separate roles.
- Baz Luhrmann replaced Russell Crowe as male protagonist in his publicized blockbuster picture Australia in 2008.
- On Broadway, Hugh Jackman co-starred alongside Daniel Craig in a short run of the drama A Steady Rain at Schoenfeld Theatre between 10 September and 6 December 2009.
- In Les Misérables, an adaption of the play, Jackman played Jean Valjean. In early 2013, he got his first Oscar nomination for Best Actor for his performance and received the Golden Globe Award Best Actor in Motion Picture Music or Comedy.
- Jackman’s performance Broadway to Oz went on a nationwide tour in Australia in November & December 2015.
- In 2017, Hugh Jackman played Wolverine for the final film in Logan, the third installment in the Wolverine film series. The picture, as well as Jackman’s portrayal, was highly lauded, and it is widely recognized as one of the finest superhero movies of all time.
- Jackman embarked on his very first world tour called The Man, in 2019. The Man: The Music: The Show will feature songs from The Greatest Showman Feature Film Soundtrack as well as Broadway & Hollywood musical performances.
- Jackman with Laura Dern will feature in Florian Zeller’s version of his stage piece The Son, which will be released in April 2021. He will portray H. Hill in a Broadway production – The Music Man, that will begin rehearsals in end of 2021 and premiere in February 2022.
Hugh Jackman Movies List
|Someone like You
Kate & Leopold
Van Helsing: The London Assignment
|Stories of Lost Souls
|X-Men: The Last Stand
The Burning Season
|X-Men Origins: Wolverine
|X-Men: First Class
Snow Flower and the Secret Fan
|Rise of the Guardians
|X-Men: Days of Future Past
Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb
Me and Earl and the Dying Girl
|Eddie the Eagle
The Greatest Showman
The Front Runner
- Hugh Jackman was honored with the Companion of the Order Australia for contributions to the drama and the worldwide community.
- In 2009, he also presented the 81st Academy Awards.
- He received the Emmy Award for presenting the 58th Tony Awards ceremony in 2005.
- In 2021, he made his Broadway comeback playing Harold Hill in the production of the drama The Music Man.
- He holds the Guinness World Book of Record for lengthiest tenure as a Marvel live-action superhero.
- Jackman received the 2,487th star within Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- People magazine named Jackman one of the World’s 50 Most Beautiful People for 5 consecutive years.
- Jackman was also named Sexiest Man Alive by People Magazine in 2008.
Jackman was most recognized for his action films, particularly his Wolverine roles in superhero films and stage musicals.
Jackman was a theatre actor before being famous.
54 years old.
Jackman can only speak English.
Jackman was 27 when he married his wife Deborra Lee Furness was 40. They faced a miscarriage and opt for adoption.
Jackman was 27 years old when he got married.
Jackman’s breakout role was Wolverine.
Yes, he adopted Oscar Maximilian, a mixed-race kid.
Oscar Maximilian and Ava Elliot.
Hugh’s daughter Ava Jackman is 16 years old.
The University of Technology in Sydney.