Brazilian football player, Neymar, plays for the Brazilian national team and for Paris Saint-Germain. He is considered one of the world’s best players. Street football is what Neymar played before becoming a professional player. He was able to become a professional due to the support of his father, who had played professional football. ‘FC Santos’ took Neymar in as a youth player when he was 11 years old. His young team, the Real Madrid of Spain, accepted him into their youth program; however, he made the decision to stay in Brazil after he was offered better pay.
“Santos” witnessed Neymar’s talents blossom as he scored goal after goal with incredible skill. Thus, the world’s top clubs sought him out. The Catalan club won the treble in his final season with Barcelona, following a 2013 signing with ‘Barcelona’. His career progressed into becoming a prominent frontman for the Brazil national team, where he was instrumental in reaching the semi-finals of the 2014 World Cup in Brazil. Neymar is without a doubt one of the world’s greatest players and is all set to become one of the most influential players of our era.
|Birth Name||Neymar da Silva Santos Júnior|
|Nick Name||• Neymar Jr.|
|Age||31 (as in 2023) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Aquarius|
|Birth Place||Mogi das Cruzes, Brazil|
|Date of Birth||5 February 1992|
|Residence||A 6-BHK mansion spread over two-and-a-half-acre in Portobello near Rio de Janeiro|
Neymar’s house in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
|Home Town||São Vicente, São Paulo, Brazil|
• Playing (Poker, Video Games, Piano)
|Debut International||24 October 2009 for Brazil against Japan|
|Club||7 March 2009 for Santos against Oeste|
|Jersey Number||• 10 (Brazil)|
• 10 (Club)
|Club Team(s)||• Paris Saint-Germain FC (Current Club)|
• FC Barcelona
• Santos FC
• Portuguesa Santista (Youth Club)
• Antonio Lima
|Position||Striker – Left Wing|
|Foot||Both (Right, Left)|
|Records (main ones)||• He scored the fastest goal in Olympic history (Rio 2016) for Brazil against Honduras, just 14 seconds after the kick-off.|
• The third highest goal scorer of all time for Brazil, ahead of him is Pele and Ronaldo.
• 2011- Bola de Ouro, World Soccer Young Player of the Year, South American Footballer of the Year
Neymar – Samba Gold Award
• 2012- South American Footballer of the Year, FIFA Puskás Award
• 2015- Champions League Top Goalscorer, Nickelodeon Brazil Kids’ Choice Award for Favorite Athlete
• 2017- Nickelodeon Brazil Kids’ Choice Award for Favorite Athlete, FIFA FIFPro World XI
• 2018- Ligue 1 Player of the Year
|Career Turning Point||2010 Copa do Brasil tournament, where he scored 11 goals.|
|Mother’s Name||Nadine da Silva|
|Father’s Name||Neymar Santos, Sr. (Former footaller)|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Carolina Dantas|
• Barbara Evans (Model, Actress)
• Nicole Bahls (Model)
• Daniela Carvalho (Actress)
• Andressa Suita (Actress)
• Carol Abranches (Model)
• Mayra Cardi (TV Personality)
• Patrícia Jordane (Model)
• Bruna Marquezine (Actress)
• Laryssa Oliveira
• Gabriella Lenzi (Model)
• Soraja Vucelic (Model)
• Thaila Ayala (Actress)
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Children||Son- Davi Lucca da Silva Santos (born in 2011)|
|Brands Endorsed||• QNB|
• Red Bull
• Gaga Milano
• Beats By Dre
• Baterias Heliar
• Cafe Pilão
• Gol Airlines
• NABUfit Global ApS
• Rico Investimentos
• N&N Consultoria
• NR Sports
• Handicap International
• Instituto Projecto Neymar Jr
|Career Manager||Wagner Ribeiro|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm|
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet inches- 5’9”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg|
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Chest Size||40 inches|
|Biceps Size||12 inches|
|Waist Size||32 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Brazilian (African, Portuguese)|
|Dress Size||Not Available|
|Shoe Size||Not Available|
|Favourite Footballer(s)||• Robinho|
• David Beckham
• Cristiano Ronaldo
• Wayne Rooney
• Andres Iniesta
|Favourite Goalkeeper(s)||• Marcos|
• Júlio César
• Cláudio Taffarel
• Victor Valdés
|Favourite Food||Italian and Japanese Cuisines|
|Favourite TV Show(s)||Game of Thrones, Prison Break|
|Controversies||• In 2010, he used to play for Brazilian club ‘Santos,’ and during a game against Goianiense, his team managed to win a penalty kick. Neymar though he would be going to take the penalty kick, but his coach Dorival Junior wanted someone else to take it, which made Neymar angry and he insulted him both on the field, and later in the dressing room. After the match, Neymar was banned for a match and his coach was fired.|
• In 2010, his fight with an opposite team player, Joao Marcos, turned into a mass brawl in a league for Santos against Ceara, after the police interrupted.
• In 2012, it stirred a lot of controversy when the Brazilian sports magazine ‘The Placar’ published the photo of Neymar being crucified in the same way as Jesus Christ, on the cover of their magazine as a metaphor to criticize him for supposedly diving too often.
• In 2015, a Brazilian court freezed his assets worth $50 for his unpaid taxes from 2011 to 2013, plus penalties and interest.
• In 2017, he had a heated argument with team-mate Nelson Semedo during a training session in Miami, ahead of Barcelona’s clash with Real Madrid.
• In January 2018, he landed in controversy while he was playing a Ligue 1 match for Paris Saint-Germain against Stade Rennes FC. He teased the opposition player, Hamari Traore, as he withdrew his hand after reaching out for his hand. However, later he defended his act and called it just a “joke.”
In addition to playing for the Brazilian national team and FC Barcelona in the La Liga, Neymar also plays for the American football team, the Houston Rockets. A native of Sao Paulo, Neymar was born in Mogi das Cruzes on February 5, 1992. Because of their low income, Neymar Sr and Nadine had a tough time before he was born.
Cristiano Ronaldo Bio, Age, Height, Father, Wife, Net Worth & Wiki
Have you ever heard of this? It was not possible to afford a scan to check Neymar’s development while his mother was pregnant. He thankfully made a full recovery. As the first child born to his parents (Neymar and Rafaella Santos), he is the first child from the union of two children. His father bore the name Neymar Senior, which he inherited. His son was distinguished from his father by the name (Jr).
He played his first game with Portuguesa Santista in 2003. The Santos FC management wanted to bring his talents to their team. Eventually, Neymar and his family decided to move to Santos, where Neymar became a member of the club.
In his early teens, Neymar was a part of Real Madrid’s youth team, but after they offered him a bonus, he opted to stay with Santos. The vast talent Neymar had started to mature as he gained more playtime. As soon as he turned 17, he made his first appearance against Oeste on March 7, 2009. It was Neymar’s privilege to play 48 matches in all competitions during his first season. It was the perfect opportunity for him to score 14 important goals and cement his position in the team.
Neymar Net Worth
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$250 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$200 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$180 Million|
|Annual Salary||$78 Million|
|Cars Collection||• Maserati MC12|
• Ferrari 458 Italia
• Audi R8 Spyder
• Volkswagen Touareg
• Porsche Panamera Turbo
• Mercedes AMG GT Roadster
• Ferrari California T
|Jets Collection||Cessna 680|
|Assets/Properties||A yacht, a jet and several properties in Brazil.|
The net worth of Neymar is $250 million.
After signing a new 5-year contract with Paris Saint-Germain in 2017, Neymar now holds the title of the highest-paid soccer player in the world and possibly the highest-paid athlete in the world in terms of base salary. The club pays him a base salary of $78 million. Additionally, he earns $20-40 million from endorsements and bonuses. The total income for 2020 is $96 million – $78 from salary and $18 from endorsements.
His first major contract was signed at the age of 17 with Santos in Brazil. He received an annual salary of $1.7 million from this contract. Neymar’s contract was extended by $20 million a year after Santos tried to lock him down. Despite the incredible opportunity, Neymar rejected the offer because he knew he would not be able to compete with the best players in the world in the Brazilian leagues.
In the end, Santos offered him a short-term contract paying him $4 million per year, but he was free to explore other options in the meantime. Barcelona signed Neymar for $119 million in 2013. He earned an average salary of $15 million per year from this mega-deal. In addition to endorsement deals, Neymar earns approximately sixteen million dollars per year. From 2013 to 2017, he earned a total of about $30 million.
Zlatan Ibrahimović Bio, Age, Height, Wife, Family, Net Worth & Wiki
Paris Saint-Germain announced the transfer of Neymar to them on August 2, 2017. Neymar will earn a record-breaking $53 million in salary alone under the terms of the agreement.
When Neymar’s endorsements are added to his earnings, he may earn 70 million dollars every year. Neymar earned $90 million between June 2017 and June 2018, of which $20 million came from endorsements and $70 million from salary and bonuses. In June 2018, his earnings were about the same as in June 2019.
SportsPro ranked Neymar as one of the most marketable athletes worldwide in May 2013. He has signed several sponsorship agreements with companies that have contributed significantly to his net worth. He signed an 11-year contract with sportswear brand Nike in 2011.
His endorsement campaigns and product launches for the brand include the Nike Hypervenom football boot, first released in May 2013, as well as advertisements for the brand. His deal with Panasonic was worth $2.4 million over two years. The brand names he has designed for include Volkswagen, Tenys Pé Baruel, Lupo, Ambev, Claro, Unilever, and Santander.
- After making his senior team debut for ‘Santos FC’ in 2009, he went on to score 54 goals during the next four seasons, helping the team win the ‘Libertadores Cup.’ He played 102 games for the club in total.
- A number of big-name clubs in Europe tried to sign him during his time at the club. When he turned 14, he was accepted into Real Madrid’s academy but stayed with Santos after his salary was raised by the club.
- In a friendly match later that year, Neymar made his international debut after missing out on the 2010 ‘World Cup’ in South Africa.
- During my second Copa America campaign, I scored two goals for Brazil. Brazil won a silver medal in the ‘Olympics’ the following year when he scored three times.
- “Neymar” was courted by some of the biggest clubs in the world while he was playing for Santos FC. Following a battle between Real Madrid and Barcelona, Neymar joined Barca for a transfer fee of 86.2 million euros, or $96.5 million.
- Brazil beat Spain in the final to win the 2014 Confederations Cup, in which Neymar scored four goals in.
- As a rookie for the club in 2013, Neymar showed everyone that he deserves to be the best. He scored goals against Real Madrid during the ‘El Clasico’ and other important matches in his first season with Barcelona.
- As a result of his goal scoring, ‘Barcelona’ won the ‘UEFA Champions League’ and ‘Champions League treble’ the following season.
- Brazil went into the 2014 FIFA World Cup seeking its sixth ‘World Cup’ title, and Neymar was their main star. In the tournament, Neymar scored four goals but he was injured against Columbia in the quarterfinals. Therefore, he could not play against Germany in the semi-finals. The ‘World Cup’ ended in humiliation for Brazil as they lost the semi-final match.
- He had health problems during the 2015-16 season, which caused him to miss the UEFA Super Cup. Despite his accomplishments, he finished third in the 2015 FIFA Ballon d’Or. He contributed to his team winning the domestic double by scoring a goal against ‘Sevilla’ in the Copa del Rey finals. In the second match of Copa America, he was suspended for his captaincy duties.
- Neymar was the star of his club in the 2016-17 season, scoring the winning goals in the team’s knockout round of the UEFA Champions League. Nevertheless, he scored 100 goals for ‘Barcelona’ on 2 April 2017. He also won that year’s Copa del Rey with his team. In addition, he was selected as captain of Brazil’s national team for the Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro. The nation’s first ‘Olympic’ soccer gold medal was won through his goal in the final against Germany.
- While playing for the ‘Paris Saint-Germain’ club during the 2017-18 season, Neymar scored his first goal against ‘Guingamp.’ Though he suffered a foot injury, he ended the season with 28 goals in 30 games.
- While he was still recovering from his injury, the talented player had a difficult season. Besides losing many matches in the Champions League and the Cup of France, the Brazilian national team also lost to Belgium in the quarterfinals of the 2018 World Cup.
- After suffering an ankle injury against Qatar in a friendly, he was ruled out of the Copa America tournament in 2019.
Facts About Neymar
- Is Neymar a smoker?: No
- Is Neymar an alcoholic?: Yes
- Neymar wasn’t born into fame from the start because he was born into a humble family and had a tough upbringing.
- In his four months of life, just before his family’s car accident, he was able to avoid death.
- A student at one of the worst schools in his community, he usually studied under the light of a candle because his family couldn’t afford electric bills, and eventually, his family had to relocate to live with their grandparents in order to save on living expenses.
- As a kid, Neymar had a soccer coach as a father who used to be a professional. When Neymar was around 3, the coach encouraged him to play soccer, so he started playing street soccer and futsal.
- Growing up, Neymar was an enthusiastic and hyperactive boy who loved playing sports and video games.
- In S*o Vicente, he was playing beach soccer with his first coach, Betinho, when he was around 6 years old.
- The Portuguesea Santista youth club has given me the opportunity to develop my football skills since the age of 7. His talent made him one of the most promising young players in Brazil within just a few years.
- In the earliest years of his football career, his father was too busy doing his multiple jobs to be able to see him play.
- His interest in football started at a young age with Santos FC. Three years later, he was offered the chance to continue his career with Real Madrid CF. However, it was Santos who made a big offer to convince him to stay with the club.
- Santos FC awarded him the ‘Best Young Player’ award as soon as he made his senior debut in 2009.
- Neymar was not chosen to play for Brazil in the 2010 FIFA World Cup, but around 14,000 fans asked and signed a petition urging Dunga to consider him.
- David Lucca was born to him and Carolina Dantas at just 19 years of age.
- On that day, he scored his 100th career goal to mark his 20th birthday.
- Having spent five years playing for ‘Santos FC,’ he signed with ‘FC Barcelona’ on 27 May 2013, joining them following the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup. Despite the fact that it cost just €57 million, the Brazilians felt that this was a cheap move.
- His appearance on the cover of Time magazine made him the first Brazilian athlete to do so.
- During his first year playing for ‘FC Barcelona,’ he was anemic or lacked adequate red blood cells or hemoglobin in his body.
- Brazil’s World Cup-winning striker carried the expectations of the tournament extremely well, scoring four goals in total. Just minutes before Brazil’s quarterfinal match against Colombia, Neymar suffered a broken vertebra after being kneed in the back by Colombia’s defender Juan Zuniga on 4 July 2014. Due to the shocking loss of their star player, Brazil could not recover and lost 7-1 to Germany in the semifinals.
- ‘Toiss’ is the name of a group of friends he has known his entire life.
- The fans who follow Neymar are called Neymarzetes, just like the fans of Justin Beiber.
- His cameos have appeared in videos such as Jo*o Lucas & Marcelo’s “Eu Quero Tchu, Eu Quero Tcha” (2012), and MC Guime’s “Pais do Futebol” (2013).
- Brazilian cartoonist Mauricio de Sousa created a comic series named “Neymar Jr.” after him.
- At the age of 23, he had twice as many goals as Ronaldo.
- His headband used to say, “100% Jesus,” and he gives 10% of his income to the Church for the sake of Christ.
- In 2017, he made an attempt to give something back by starting ‘Neymar Jr.’s Five,’ a tournament where teams from over 60 countries play five a side.
- It was trolled during the current FIFA World Cup in Russia because of his over-acting on the field.
The world considers him to be among the best players. After making his pro debut at age 17, Neymar rose to prominence at Santos. During his tenure at Santos, he helped the club win two consecutive Campeonato Paulista titles, a Copa do Brasil, and the 2011 Copa Libertadores, the club’s first since 1963.
So who is this lady Neymar might or might not be dating? She is Bruna Marquezine, a Brazilian actress and model who was born on August 4, 1995. As a child actress, she started working at an early age.
In spite of not knowing French, Neymar is fluent in Brazilian Portuguese as well as knowing a large amount of Spanish from his time at Barcelona.
According to rumors, Neymar dated Natalia Barulich last year. Their relationship lasted quite a while. There are rumors that they’ve both separated.