Belgian football player Youri Marion A. Tielemans, known by the shortened name Youri Tielemans, is a midfielder who plays for Premier League team Leicester City. He is a member of the Belgium national team. In four seasons with Anderlecht, Tielemans made 185 appearances and scored 35 goals. Besides winning the league title twice, he was chosen as the Belgian Professional Footballer of the Year in 2017. At the age of 16 years and 148 days, he is the youngest Belgian player to play in the UEFA Champions League.
After two years at Monaco in Ligue 1, he joined Leicester City in 2019, initially on loan and then for an estimated fee of £32 million. His goal in the FA Cup final in 2021 was the winning goal. At the age of 19, Tielemans made his first appearance for the national team after representing Belgium at several youth levels. In addition to appearing at UEFA Euro 2020, he was part of the squad that finished third at the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
Youri Tielemans Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Youri Marion A. Tielemans|
|Age||25 (as in 2022) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Taurus|
|Birth Place||Sint-Pieters-Leeuw, Belgium|
|Date of Birth||7 May 1997|
|Home Town||Sint-Pieters-Leeuw, Belgium|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Horse Riding|
|Mother's Name||Not Available|
|Father's Name||Not Available|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Marriage Date||Not Available|
|Marriage Place||Not Available|
|Children||Daughters- • Melina Tielemans|
Sons- 1-Name Not Available
|School||Sint-Guido Institute School|
|Educational Qualification||High School Diploma|
|Career Manager||Let's Play|
|Debut Club||• January 31, 2019: Leicester City F.C.|
• 2017: AS Monaco
• 2013: R.S.C. Anderlecht
|Debut International||• 2015: Belgium national football team|
• 2013: Belgium national under-15 football team
• 2012: Belgium national under-16 football team
|Jersey Number||• 4 (Leicester City F.C.)|
• 2 (Belgium national football team)
|Current Team(s)||• Leicester City F.C.|
• Belgium national football team
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 176 cm|
in meters- 1.76 m
in feet inches- 5’9”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 72 kg|
in pounds- 159 lbs
|Chest Size||39 inches|
|Biceps Size||12 inches|
|Waist Size||31 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||His father is of Flemish descent and his mother is of Congolese descent.|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||Not Available|
|Shoe Size||11 U.S.|
|Favorite Playing Position||Defender|
|Favorite Car||Porsche Panamera|
|Favorite Food||Italian Food|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||iPhone/Apple|
The Full Story of a Football Genius best known as ‘Tielemans’ is presented by Woodgram.
Youri Tielemans Biography provides you with a detailed account of his life from his early years to the present day. This analysis covers his early life, family background, personal life, family facts, lifestyle, and other little-known facts about him.
Everyone knows about his two-footed abilities and lethal shots. However, only a few consider Youri Tielemans’ biography, which is quite fascinating. Without further ado, here it goes.
Youri Marion A. Tielemans was born on the 7th of May 1997 in Sint-Pieters-Leeuw, Belgium. The father of his family is of Flemish descent, and the mother is Congolese. Youelemons was born to parents about whom little is known.
Belgian national with African and German ancestry, he was raised in Sint-Pieters-Leeuw, outside Brussels, alongside an older brother and sister about whom little is known at this point in time.
As a child growing up in his birthplace, Tielemans was an odd one out in his family. This is because his parents and siblings were devoted Judo enthusiasts and didn’t care much about football. Although Tielemans received considerable training in Judo, football was his first love.
Soon after learning to walk, he began playing the sport with the help of his parents, who enrolled him at Anderlecht academy when he was five years old.
As a student at Anderlecht academy, Tielemans combined academics with career-building in football; the two activities were complementary. As he was asked to write essays about his future, Tielemans always outlined his visions of football as well as the qualities he possessed to achieve his goals.
Unlike most professional footballers, Tieleman pursued academic studies into his mid-teens. After obtaining a high school diploma at Sint-Guido Institute School in Anderlecht, he studied trade. Tielemans had a difficult time juggling academics with playing football for Anderlecht.
Despite Anderlecht reducing the number of days Tielemans had to train, the development demanded that the football prodigy would have to work hard in order to keep up with his peers who did not miss training.
Even so, Tielemans surpassed the challenges by rising through the ranks. By the time Tielemans was 16 years old in 2013, he got his first call up to Anderlecht’s senior squad as an unused substitute during the dub’s 1-0 win over Genk in the Belgian Super Cup.
In the opening round of the Belgian Pro League season, Tielemans made his first appearance for Anderlecht as a substitute against Lokeren, a week after being called up to the senior squad.
Tielemans became the youngest player in the history of the league with his debut. In addition, he set another record by becoming the youngest Belgian player to play in the UEFA Champions League.
On 2 October 2013, he was started in a match against Olympiacos at the age of 16 years and 148 days. And the rest, as they say, is history. At the time of writing, Youri Tielemans is married. Here are some facts about his dating history and marriage.
First, Tielemans is not known to have had any girlfriends before he met his wife Mendy. There is no information about when the couples met or got married. However, they have a beautiful daughter named Melina. She was born to the midfielder in 2017 when he was 19 years old.
Tielemans come from a family that belongs to the middle class. In this article, we will provide you with information about his family. A father of Flemish descent, Tielemans was born in the city of Antwerp. One of the few things that could be said about his work history is that he was a teacher and a ludo instructor. The fact that Tielemans thinks highly of him is no doubt related to the fact that he is close to him.
The mother of Tielemans is of Congolese descent. In addition to being a teacher, she is also a Ludo coach in addition to being a teacher. Tielemans mother, who is often described as a champion of education, didn’t care much about football and made sure that an educational clause was included in the first contract that he signed with Anderlecht.
There is not much known about Teelemans’ brother and sister, who walked the same path in their practice of ludo as their parents. Even so, despite the fact that they have a close bond with their kid brother, who has established himself as a football genius, they remain close.
Aside from Tielemans’ immediate family, there is not much information on his paternal grandparents, as well as his maternal grandfather and mother. Furthermore, there is no record of Uncle Tielemans’ uncles, aunts, nieces, nephews, or cousins. In addition, his cousins have not been included in any of the notable events of his early life up to this point.
I would like to know what makes Your’ Tielemans tick. We are going to take a look at the makings of Tielemans’ character to help you get a complete picture of the person he is. To start with, Tielemans’ personality is a mixture of the Taurus Zodiac sign’s traits.
It is easy to see why he is introverted, ambitious, trailblazing, and hardly reveals details about his personal and private life. His interests and hobbies include practicing judo, playing basketball, shopping, listening to music, watching television, playing video games, and hanging out with friends.
Tielemans little-known wealth originates from the salary he receives as a football player and from endorsements. Tielemans dislikes much attention, so his house in Sint-Pieters-Leeuw is little known for its true value because he extent such a conservative lifestyle.
When it comes to his car collection, Tielemans owns a Black Audi and once took a photo next to an exotic car.
For the end of our Tielemans Childhood story and biography, here are some untold facts that are rarely mentioned in his biography. Youri Tielemans is a blue belt in Judo. Before giving up the sport, he was just two levels away from obtaining a black belt.
On the underside of his left bicep, he has a small tattoo. His religion is Christian. Tielemans has not been spotted drinking, nor is he addicted to smoking at the time of writing.
Youri Tielemans Net Worth
What will be his salary in 2022?
In January 2019, Leicester City signed a contract with the midfielder that nets him a salary of 2 million euros (1.7 million pounds) per year. According to our calculations, he earns €5,464 (£4,713) per day and €228 (£196) per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2022
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||12.5 Million Euro (10.8 Million Pound)|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Not Available|
|Annual Salary||2 Million Euro (1.7 Million Pound)|
|Per Month Salary||€166,667 (£144,928)|
|Per Week Salary||€38,462 (£33,445)|
|Per Day Salary||€5,479 (£4,765)|
|Per Hour Salary||€228 (£198)|
|Per Minute Salary||€4 (£3)|
|Market Value||$60.50 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$60.50 Million (Dec 10, 2019)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||Porsche Panamera|
His career started at Belgian club Anderlecht, where he made his name, before signing a five-year contract with French side AS Monaco, increasing his net worth to an estimated €12.5 million (£10.8 million). Young midfielder Andreas Weimann is highly sought after and clubs will have to shell out more than €23 million (£20 million) to sign him. He has a market value of $60.50 million.
- Tielemans is a youthful product of Anderlecht and signed his first professional contract with the club when he was just 16 years old.
- As of 21 July 2013, he was included in the senior team for the first time. However, he was used as a substitute in the 1–0 victory over Genk in the 2013 Belgian Super Cup.
- He made his first-team debut a week later when Ajax faced Lokeren in the opening round of the Belgian Pro League season, replacing injured Sacha Kljestan after 25 minutes of their 3-2 defeat at home. Consequently, he became the fourth-youngest player in the history of the National Basketball Association.
- He became the youngest Belgian player to play in the UEFA Champions League when he made his debut in the match against Olympiacos on 2 October 2013. This was at the age of 16 years and 148 days.
- Youri Tielemans played 29 matches – including 21 starts – for Anderlecht in the 2013–14 Belgian Pro League season, scoring the opener in a 3–0 win over Club Brugge at the Constant Vanden Stock Stadium on 6 April 2014, a match in which he also assisted Cyriac.
- In each of his first two seasons as a professional footballer, Tielemans has won the Belgian Young Player of the Year award.
- During the 2016-17 Belgian First Division A, Tielemans scored 13 goals in 37 games for Anderlecht, leading the team to a Belgian First Division A title.
- The 2017 Ebony Shoe Award was given to him for outstanding player of African origin and he was named Belgian Professional Footballer of the Year for 2016-2017.
- With his club reaching the quarter-finals of the 2016-2017 UEFA Europa League, he scored five times in 15 matches, earning a place in its Squad of the Season.
- On 24 May 2017, it was announced that Tielemans had joined Ligue 1 champions Monaco on a five-year contract valued at around €25 million.
- He made his competitive debut on 29 July, in the Trophée des Champions at the Grand Stade de Tanger, playing the full 90 minutes during a 2–1 loss to Paris Saint-Germain, in which he supported Djibril Sidibé’s opening score.
- A substitute for Radamel Falcao in the 87th minute, Tielemans made his Ligue 1 debut on 4 August, coming on as a substitute during the 3–2 home win over Toulouse.
- On 13 September 2014, he made his UEFA club competition debut for Monaco away to RB Leipzig in the UEFA Champions League group match. He played the full 90 minutes and scored his first competitive goal for Monaco by equalizing the draw 1-1.
- On 16 September, Tielemans made his first Ligue 1 start, playing the entire match in Strasbourg’s 3–0 victory at the Stade de France after having played a total of 56 minutes as a substitute in his first four Ligue 1 appearances.
- In their lists of the biggest flops of the first half of the season and of the entire season, France Football included Tielemans in their top five.
- After 30 matches in Ligue 1, he scored his first Ligue 1 goal in his 31st game on the 2nd of September, in a home loss to Olympique de Marseille 3–2.
- Tielemans has signed a loan deal with Premier League club Leicester City until the end of the season in a swap deal with Adrien Silva.
- Youri Tielemans scored the team’s first goal in a 3–1 victory over Fulham on 9 March.
- Tielemans completed a permanent move to Leicester City on 8 July, for an estimated fee of £32 million.
- Youssouf Tielemans scored in a 3-1 win over Bournemouth on 31 August, but the Dutchman courted controversy with a high challenge on Callum Wilson that was left unpunished even after consulting with the video assistant referee; referees’ chief Mike Riley concluded that this was an incorrect decision and Tielemans should have been sent off.
- In the 63rd minute, Tielemans scored Leicester’s first-ever FA Cup title with a long-range strike against Chelsea in the 2021 FA Cup Final. He was named the man of the match.
- Youri Tielemans was called up to the senior Belgium squad for a UEFA Euro 2016 qualifier against Wales in June 2015.
- On 9 November 2016, he made his senior international debut, replacing Steven Defour in the 82nd minute of a 1-1 friendly away draw with the Netherlands.
- For the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia, manager Roberto Martinez selected Tielemans to his 23-man squad.
- Tielemans played four matches in the tournament, including a 2–0 victory over England in the third-place match.
- On 21 March 2019, Youri Tielemans scored his first senior goal for Belgium in a UEFA Euro 2020 qualifying match against Russia. He was called up to play in the delayed final tournament in May 2021.
Facts About Youri Tielemans
- When Youri Tielemans was five years old, he started playing football for Anderlecht.
- In fact, he spent his entire youth career with Anderlecht.
- At the tender age of 16, he was offered a professional contract from Anderlecht to represent the club.
- As a player, Youri Tielemans played for the Belgium U15, and the Belgium U16 teams before advancing on to represent the Belgium U21 team in the 2012-2013 season.
- He made his professional debut at the age of 16 while playing for Anderlecht in the opening game of the Belgian Pro League against Lokeren. He was a replacement for the injured Sacha Kljestan.
- On the 9th of November, 2016, he made his international debut for Belgium, replacing Steven Defour, who had been injured, in the 82nd minute of the friendly match with the Netherlands, a match that ended in a 1-1 draw.d in a 1-1 draw.
- In the world of football, Youri Tielemans was one of the brightest young prospects.
- He became the youngest Belgian player to play in the European Champions League. Anderlecht continued to excel with tackles and interceptions as well as goals.
- He was a member of the Anderlecht team that won the league title twice. In 2017, he was named the Belgian footballer of the year.
- Youri Tielemans made his Anderlecht debut in 2013 and scored 35 goals in 185 matches.
- The following season, he moved to Monaco in the Ligue 1, where he played 21 times.
How old is Tielemans?
How tall is Tielemans?
What position is Tielemans?
Does Tielemans play for Belgium?
Youri Tielemans is a Belgian professional footballer who currently plays for AS Monaco and the Belgian National Team.
How long is left on Tielemans contract?
The 25-year-old’s contract expires in June 2023 and with just 13 months remaining, it looks as though the player has made a decision to leave at the end of the current campaign.