Popularly known as Fred, Frederico Rodrigues de Paula Santos is a Brazilian professional footballer who plays for Premier League club Manchester United and the Brazil national team. After starting his career at the Brazilian club Internacional, Fred won the Gaucho Championship twice. In June 2013, he signed for the Ukrainian club Shakhtar Donetsk, where he won three Ukrainian Premier League titles. In 2018, Fred joined Manchester United.
Before making his senior international debut in November 2014, Fred represented Brazil at the under-20 level. In 2015, he was part of Brazil’s squad for the Copa América in Chile, starting in both of their Group C games and reaching the quarterfinals. Brazil has named him in its final squads for the 2018 FIFA World Cup and the 2021 Copa América.
Fred (Footballer 1993) Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Frederico Rodrigues de Paula Santos|
|Nick Name||• Fred|
• Fred the Red
|Age||30 (as in 2023) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Pisces|
|Birth Place||Belo Horizonte, Brazil|
|Date of Birth||05 March 1993|
|Residence||After his move to Manchester United, he shifted his base to Manchester.|
|Home Town||Belo Horizonte, Brazil|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Horse Riding|
|Mother’s Name||Roseli Miranda de Paula|
|Father’s Name||Delson Rodrigues dos Santos|
|Brother(s)||Rodrigo Chaves Guedes|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Monique Salum (2016-Present)|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Marriage Date||14 November 2015|
|Children||Daughters- Geovanna Guedes|
|School||Fred went to the youth academy of Brazilian giants, Atlético Mineiro for his soccer education.|
|Educational Qualification||Not Available|
|Brands Endorsed||Fred has a personal endorsement deal with the sportswear brand, Nike. He often wears their footwear for his matches and is also seen wearing their merchandise in his social media posts.|
|Career Manager||Fred is represented by Gilberto Silva, who is best known for his successful stint with Arsenal FC.|
|Debut Club||In June 2013, he made his professional debut for Shakhtar Donetsk against Chornomorets Odesa in Ukrainian Super Cup match. He scored two goals in his side’s 3-1 victory.|
|Debut International||In November 2014, he made his first appearance for the Brazil national team in a friendly match against Turkey. He was sent in by coach Dunga as a second-half substitute.|
|Jersey Number||• 17 (Manchester United F.C.)|
• 8 (Brazil national football team)
|Current Team(s)||• Manchester United F.C.|
• Brazil national football team
|Strengths||• Passing Range|
• Technical Ability
• Passing Speed
• Long Range Shots
• Ball Control
|Weaknesses||• Physical Presence|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 169 cm|
in meters- 1.69 m
in feet inches- 5’7”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 62 kg|
in pounds- 137 lbs
|Chest Size||40 inches|
|Biceps Size||12 inches|
|Waist Size||33 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Latino, Brazilian|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Distinctive Features||• Short Height|
|Dress Size||Not Available|
|Shoe Size||9 US|
|Favorite Playing Position||Midfielder|
|Favorite Footballer||Rogério Ceni|
|Favorite Video Games||FIFA 2017|
|Favorite TV Series||Narcos|
First off, his full name is Frederico Rodrigues de Paula Santos. Fred is just his nickname. Fred was born on the 5th day of March 1993 to Roseli Miranda de Paula and Delson Rodrigues dos Santos in Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil.
In addition to his humble background, Fred has football connections. Due to his private lifestyle, little is known about his family, brothers, and sister. A rumor has it that The Fred Family is related to the family of Brazilian and Barcelona legend, Ronaldinho.
Having a football at one’s feet ends emptiness for Fred, who grew up in a football community. His dreams to become a professional footballer came true because of a steely determination that was ingrained in him as a child.
First of all, it is important to let you know that Fred was assisted into football by Ronaldinho’s brother, Roberto de Assis. Fred began playing football at Atletico Mineiro in 2003 when he was 10 years old. Moreover, Roberto de Assis, a former convict (who had spent some time in prison), is Ronaldinho’s mentor and elder brother.
With his youth career nearing its end, Fred with the help of Roberto de Assis got himself transferred to other clubs in order to gain more experience and prepare for the European season.
Fred (Footballer 1993) Net Worth
The midfielder signed a contract with Manchester United in 2022 that netted him a salary of 9 million BRL per year. According to our calculations, he earns €19,126 (£16,749) per day and €797 (£698) per hour.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||20 Million Euro (17.4 Million Pound)|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||18 Million Euro (16.5 Million Pound)|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||12 Million Euro|
|Annual Salary||9 million BRL|
|Per Month Salary||€583,333 (£507,246)|
|Per Week Salary||€134,615 (£117,057)|
|Per Day Salary||€19,178 (£16,677)|
|Per Hour Salary||€799 (£694)|
|Per Minute Salary||€13 (£12)|
|Market Value||60 Million Euro (54 Million Pound)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||• Stroller|
• Range Rover
Therefore, the average man would need to work for at least 17 years to earn what Freddie earns in just one month.
At the moment, he is earning a lot of money at United. Furthermore, Shakhtar Donetsk paid huge salaries during their successful years. Currently, his net worth is roughly 20 Million Euros (17.4 Million Pounds). We recently established his market value, and it seems to be accurate. The current market value of his company is estimated at around 60 million euros (54 million pounds).
Fred(Footballer 1993)’s Wife – Monique Salum
Fred, the midfielder for Manchester United, has been married to Monique Salum for two years. The couple met when Fred played for Shakhtar Donetsk and made their relationship public in 2016. Fred proposed to Monique in a very romantic way two years later, in 2018, having already decided he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her.
Fred and Monique tied the knot in the summer of 2018 without throwing a big wedding ceremony. In 2019, they chose to celebrate their love with their friends and families, so they organized a big wedding that was attended by everyone who was close to them.
The wedding coincided with Manchester United preseason matches, so Fred had to fly back to Australia to train with the team after the wedding. Let’s take a closer look at Monique Salum’s biography now that we know how Fred met his wife. Monique Salum was born on March 31, 1994, which makes her 28 years old. Monique’s zodiac sign is Aries, according to her birthday.
Monique was born in Brazil, as was her husband, so her nationality is Brazilian. Monique Salum practices Christianity and was baptized by Liverpool’s goalkeeper Alisson Becker since she is very close friends with Natalia Loewe, Alisson’s wife. Many people are curious about Monique Salum’s height since she is taller than Fred, who is 5ft 7in (1.70m). She appears to be around 5ft 9ins (1.75m) tall.
She is also very smart, having graduated from the University Center of Belo Horizonte and now working as a chemical engineer. Her current job is at the Centre for the Development of Nuclear Technology.
Besides her Instagram account, Monique Salum has nearly 95K followers, which makes her quite famous. Her family vacations are often displayed in her social media posts, and she seems to enjoy traveling. Fred and Salum have traveled all over the world together, visiting places like Santorini, Maldives, Miami, Paris, and of course Dubai.
Due to Fred’s job, the couple lives in Manchester, England, but Monique frequently visits her parents in her homeland. Fred and Monique already have one child, but we expect that there will be more to come. Fred Salum’s first son, Benjamin Rodrigues, was born to Monique Salum on January 17, 2019.
- Originally from Belo Horizonte, Fred spent six years of his childhood with the local club Atlético Mineiro before joining Porto Alegre in 2009.
- He joined Internacional a year later. Initially representing the club at various youth levels, he helped them win six titles in 2010 including the Copa Santiago and Copa FGF.
- He debuted as a professional on 26 January 2012, when he played against Cerâmica in the Ga*cho Championship.
- His first professional goal came on 18 July 2012, against his former club Atlético Mineiro. As a whole, he scored eight goals in 55 appearances for Internacional, winning the Gaucho Championship twice.
- Fred signed a deal worth €15 million with Shakhtar Donetsk on 26 June 2013. On his competitive debut in the Ukrainian Super Cup, he scored two goals to help Shakhtar defeat Chornomorets Odesa 3–1.
- Fred was among the six Shakhtar players who refused to return to Donetsk after a preseason friendly against Olympique Lyonnais in July 2014. After the club relocated training sessions to Kyiv, he returned to Ukraine a few days later.
- Fred scored a free-kick in a 2–1 round of 16 first-leg victories against AS Roma on the 21st of February 2018, his first goal in the UEFA Champions League.
- Fred won 10 trophies with Shakhtar, including three Ukrainian Premier League titles.
Golden Time Of Brazil Player Fred(Footballer 1993) With Manchester United
- Manchester United reached an agreement to sign Fred for a reported fee of £47 million on 5 June 2018. With the option to extend for an additional year, he signed a five-year contract.
- In their first league match of the season, he made his club debut against Leicester City in a 2–1 victory.
- In a 1–1 draw at home against Wolverhampton Wanderers on 22 September 2018, Fred scored his first goal for United.
- Fred was allegedly racially abused by Manchester City fans during the Manchester derby on 7 December 2019.
- Fred scored two goals and assisted another during United’s round of 32 matches against Club Brugge, which they won 5–0 and 6–1 on aggregate.
- Fred played the full 90 minutes of Manchester United’s Premier League record-equaling 9–0 win at home against Southampton on 2 February 2021.
- As of 11 April 2021, Fred scored the equalizing goal at the 57th minute in Manchester United’s Premier League match against Tottenham Hotspur, which the Red Devils won 3–1 after Spurs’ Heung-min scored at the 40th minute.
- With an assist from Paul Pogba, Fred scored Manchester United’s fifth goal in a 5–1 win over Leeds United on the opening day of the 2021–22 Premier League. He then scored his own goal in a 1-1 draw against Southampton by deflecting a shot from Ché Adams.
- He scored the winning goal for Manchester United in their 1-0 win against Crystal Palace on 5 December 2021. In Ralf Rangnick’s first game as Manchester United manager, Fred scored this goal outside the box with his weaker right foot.
- At the 2013 South American Youth Football Championship, Fred played three times for the Brazil under-20 squad.
- In a 4–0 win over Turkey on 12 November 2014, he made his debut for the Brazil national team as a substitute. As a result of an injury to Luiz Gustavo, Fred was named to Brazil’s squad for the 2015 Copa América in Chile, starting in their first two matches in Group C as they reached the quarterfinals.
- At the 2016 Olympic Games, he was initially selected for the Brazil under-23 squad. Shakhtar Donetsk did not release him to play in the tournament, and Wallace replaced him in the squad.
- He was named to Tite’s final 23-man squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia but did not play.
- In June 2021, he was included in Brazil’s squad for the 2021 Copa América.
Fred(Footballer 1993)’s Controversial Doping Case
Fred tested positive during the 2015 Copa América for the diuretic hydrochlorothiazide, which is banned. In July 2015, he released a statement claiming innocence while awaiting the results of a second sample. UEFA cleared Shakhtar Donetsk to select him at the start of the 2015–16 season after Fenerbahce complained about his performance in a Champions League third qualifying round match.
CONMEBOL suspended him for one year on 15 December 2015, preventing him from participating in any CONMEBOL-sanctioned games but allowing him to play for Shakhtar. The FIFA ban was extended to cover all football worldwide on 5 February 2016, backdated to 27 June 2015.
WADA appealed the ban to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) in March 2016, believing it was potentially lenient. Fred returned from suspension in March 2017, and a deal was reached with WADA before the CAS hearing that prevented him from playing until July.
Facts About Fred(Footballer 1993)
- Although he has been considered one of the most exciting defensive midfielders and box-to-box midfielders, he broke into the scene for Internacional as an attacking midfielder.
- During the Ukrainian crisis in 2014, he was one of six Shakhtar Donetsk players who refused to play at their homes for fear of their personal safety.
- It was revealed in June 2018 that he had been bought by Manchester United from Shakhtar Donetsk. The company offered him a five-year contract with an option to extend it for another year.
- As a member of Internacional, he won back-to-back state championships as well as the Recopa Sudamericana.
- During his time with Shakhtar Donetsk, he won 3 Ukrainian Premier League titles, 3 Ukrainian Cups, and 4 Ukrainian Super Cups.
- The doping agency found his test sample positive for the diuretic hydrochlorothiazide during the 2015 Copa América.
- A year after CONMEBOL suspended him, he was reinstated. FIFA implemented the ban in February 2016 and dated it back to June 2015.
- He played for Shakhtar Donetsk in the first half of the 2016-17 season but was banned again in March 2017 after the World Anti-Doping Agency imposed a two-year ban on him, which was retroactive to June 2015.
- He was cleared by all organizations to resume his playing career in July 2017.
The name ‘Fred’ is just a nickname. Fred was born on the 5th day of March 1993 to his parents; (mother; Roseli Miranda de Paula) and ( father; Delson Rodrigues dos Santos) in Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil.
Frederico Rodrigues de Paula Santos
30 years (August 29, 1993)
Manchester United F.C.
Brazil national football team