Gloria Estefan is a singer, composer, producer, actor, and businesswoman of Cuban descent. She is widely regarded as the most successful crossover performer in music history, and she has lived in Miami for many years. She has sold over 130 million albums globally. Her five-decade-long career made her one among the top 100 best artist in the world.
In 1977, she released her debut studio album, Live Again/Renacer. Gloria has released an album practically each year since then, with the most recent being Miss Little Havana in 2011. Gloria has occasionally released many albums in a calendar year. She has released 30 studio albums in all. Many of these albums have been very successful commercially. They’ve also received critical praise. Estefan has earned seven Grammy Awards as a result of this. Gloria has also received the Hispanic Heritage Award, the Congressional Medal of Honor from Ellis Island, the MTV Video Music Award, and the American Music Award for Lifetime Achievement.
Gloria Estefan Bio/Wiki
|Gloria María Milagrosa Fajardo García de Estefan
|66 years (as of 2023)
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign
|Date of Birth
|1 September 1957
Marital Status, Husband and Children
| Emilio Estefan
|Emilio Estefan (1978 to present)
|St. Michael Archangel School
Our Lady of Lourdes Academy
|University of Miami
|Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and a minor in French
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|in centimeters -157 cm
in meters – 1.57 m
in Feet and Inches – 5’2″
|in Kilograms – 62 kg
in Pounds – 137 lbs
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity
|Beef Stew With Potatoes
|Favourite Shopping Street
Gloria Estefan was born in Havana, Cuba, to parents José Fajardo and Gloria Garcia, into a middle-class family. Gloria Fajardo, Estefan’s mother, won an international competition as a youngster and was offered a job dubbing Shirley Temple’s films in Spanish by Hollywood.
In 1974, Estefan became a naturalized US citizen under the name Gloria Garcia Fajardo, representing the shift from the Spanish naming pattern of father’s surname followed by mother’s surname to mother’s maiden name as a middle name with father’s surname last.
Estefan was baptized Catholic and became a part of the prestigious National Honor Society at St. Michael Archangel School as well as the Our Lady of Lourdes Academy in Miami. In 1979 She earned a degree from the University of Miami with a Bachelor of Arts in psychology and a minor in French.
Estefan was employed as an English cum Spanish cum French translator for Miami International Airport Customs Department while attending university and then was contacted by the CIA as a prospective employee due to her linguistic skills.
While still at college, she befriended Emilio Estefan, the leader of the band Miami Latin Boys. He invited her sing with them for an event. The band members were so mesmerized by her performance that they asked her to join his band and renamed the band Miami Sound Machine.
Gloria rose to prominence as the lead singer on the band’s 1987 album Let it Loose, for which she received top credit. Soon she left the band and pursued her solo career
Cuts Both Ways, her debut studio album as a solo artist, was released in 1989. The record went on to become a top seller, solidifying her status as a solo artist. In 1990, she was in a horrible automobile accident that threatened to end her career.
Gloria Estefan had a near to death experience. But, ever persistent, she surprised physicians by bouncing back to health and was soon able to perform again. Into the Light, her first conceptual album was released in 1991.
Mi Tierra, her 1993 Spanish album, was released. Her record, which became one of the most well-known Latin albums of the year, had elements of Latin and Cuban music.
For five long decades, Estefan kept on making music and entertaining people with her albums. She is said to be most successful crossover artist ever. Her half a century career made her one among the top 100 best selling singer singers in the world.
Gloria Estefan Net Worth
Gloria Estefan is multi-millionaire with a net worth of $550 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)
|Singer (sold more than 100 million Music Albums as of 2021)
Gloria Estefan is one of the top 100 best-selling music artists of all time, with over 130 million albums sold globally. Her multimillion-dollar net worth stems from a five-decade career in music.
Emilio and Gloria purchased a 1.4-acre beachfront home on Star Island in Miami for $1.84 million in 1993. The house was sold for $35 million in 2021.
- While playing during a church group rehearsal in 1975, Gloria and her cousin Merci met Emilio Estefan. Emilio, a member of the Miami Latin Boys’ band, invited Gloria and Merci to sing two spontaneous Cuban songs at a wedding. The Miami Latin Boys were so pleased that they invited the two sisters to join the band, and late renamed the band Miami Sound Machine.
- Until 1989, the group released many albums and had a streak of successful songs. The band was recognized on their 1985 album Primitive Love. In 1987 Gloria Estefan was featured prominently on their album Let It Loose.
- The ban was abandoned in 1989, and since then, Estefan has been billed as a solo artist.
- Her reputation grew in 1988, following the international chart triumph of her single Anything for You.
- Cuts Both Ways, her best-selling album to date, was released in late 1989. The album featured big singles such as Don’t Wanna Lose You, which reached No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100. The songs Oye Mi Canto, Here We Are and Cuts Both Ways all reached No. 1 on the Hot Adult Contemporary Tracks list in the United States.
- Estefan reappeared in the charts in early 1991 with her concept album Into the Light which featured songs such as Coming Out of the Dark, Seal Our Fate, and Live for Loving You were among the album’s singles. Her single Coming Out of Dark charted at No. 1 in the United States. The album was eventually certified platinum in the United Kingdom and double platinum in the United States.
- Gloria Estefan Greatest Hits was published in 1992, and it featured the American smash ballads I See Your Smile and Always Tomorrow, as well as the international popular dance track, Go Away.
- Estefan launched her debut Spanish album, Mi Tierra, in June 1993. The album went on to achieve multi-platinum in Spain and the United States, as well as winning the Grammy Award for Best Tropical Latin Album.
- Christmas Through Your Eyes, Estefan’s first Christmas album, was released in September 1993. The album earned Platinum in the United States and featured the songs Silent Night and This Christmas.
- Abriendo Puertas, Estefan’s second Spanish-language album, won her second Grammy Award for Best Tropical Latin Album in 1995. Tres Deseos” and Abriendo Puertas” were two No. 1 dance singles, while Más Allá and Abriendo Puertas were two No. 1 Latin singles.
- Estefan’s platinum selling album Destiny, which included Reach, was released in 1996. The song was chosen as the official theme for the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta.
- Gloria!, her eighth solo album, was released on June 2, 1998. The CD combined disco with rhythm from Salsa music and a Latin feel. The album was certified Gold and scored No. 23 on the Billboard 200.
- Alma Caribea, her seventh album, was launched in May 2000. It was her third album in Spanish, and it focused on Caribbean beats. No Me Dejes De Querer and Por Un Beso were among the album’s Spanish hits. In 2001, Estefan won her third Grammy Award for Best Traditional Tropical Latin Album for album.
- Unwrapped was Estefan’s third studio album, released in 2003.
- The Essentials, a two-CD compilation, was published by Sony in October 2006. Gloria Estefan made many radio and television appearances to promote The Essential Gloria Estefan, which featured her songs from 1984 to 2003.
- She received two Latin Grammy Awards in 2008, one for Best Traditional Tropical Album and the other for Best Tropical Song.
- Miss Little Havana, Estefan’s new dance studio album, was released in the United States on September 27, 2011. The Standards was released in September 2013 by Estefan.
- The CD includes partnerships withDave Koz, Laura Pausini, and Joshua Bell, as well as a collection of Great American Songbook tunes.
- Estefan revealed in 2020 that she was re-recording her whole discography with Brazilian beats and four original music for an album called Brazil305. On June 12, 2020, she launched the album’s first single, Cuando Hay Amor.
- Gloria has sold more than 100 million records globally, with 31.5 million sales in the United States alone. Gloria Maria Milagros Fajardo Garcia De Estefan was born in Havana, Cuba.
- Gloria was only permitted to perform on weekends as a student at the University of Miami.
- She earned a bachelor’s degree in psychology with a minor in French from the University of Miami in 1979.
- Because of her linguistic skills, Gloria worked as an English/Spanish/French translator at the Miami airport.
- Gloria has two children, Nayib and Emily. Gloria is the author of two children’s books that have reached the
- New York Times best-seller list.
- Gloria has thus far released 15 albums. Gloria and her husband Emilio live on Star Island.
Coming Out of the Dark.
Gloria Estefan parents are José Fajardo and Gloria García.
Gloria Estefan sold more than 100 million albums in her career.
1 September 1957.