Gisele Bündchen is a supermodel, activist, and entrepreneur from Brazil. She has been among the highest-paid models in the world since 2001. She earned the top spot on Forbes’ list of the top-earning models in 2012 and was ranked 16th in the entertainment industry in 2007. Between 1999 and 2006, Bündchen was a Victoria’s Secret Angel.
During her career, Bundchen has appeared on 1,200 magazine covers. Bündchen has been involved in charitable endeavors such as Save the Children, Red Cross, and Doctors Without Borders. From 2009 to the present, she has been a Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations Environment Program.
Gisele Bündchen Bio/ Wiki
Gisele Bündchen was born in Horizontina, the Rio Grande do Sul, in Brazil’s South Region. She was raised with her five sisters Graziela, Raquel, Rafaela, Gabriela, and her non-identical twin, Patricia. The family was devout Christians.
In school, Bündchen studied German. Bündchen is also fluent in several languages, including Portuguese, Italian, English, French, and Spanish.
Bündchen wanted to be a volleyball player, however, her mother put her and her sisters, Gabriela and Patricia, in a modeling class in 1993 to help them gain confidence and improve their posture.
Following the course, Gisele and her sisters went on a tour to Rio de Janeiro, Curitiba, and So Paulo, where she was noticed by Elite Model Management at a shopping center.
Bündchen came in the second rank in the Elite Model Look national competition, which was then named Look of the Year.
Bündchen relocated to So Paulo in 1995 to begin her modeling career. In 1996, she made her runway debut at New York Fashion Week.
- Daniel Day-Lewis Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Children, Net Worth & Wiki
- Richi Shah Bio, Age, Height, Boyfriend, Family, Wiki & Net Worth
Gisele Bündchen Net Worth
Gisele Bündchen has a net worth of approximately $400 million and Gisele Bündchen salary is around $40 million annually.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$400 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$360 Million|
|Annual Salary||$40 million|
- Gisele Bündchen was refused forty-two times in London between 1997 and 1998 before getting cast in an Alexander McQueen fashion show.
- Following her runway debut, Bündchen was featured in various campaigns of labels such as Missoni, Dolce & Gabbana, Chloé, Valentino, Ralph Lauren, Gianfranco Ferré, and Versace during 1998.
- She was on the covers of Vogue Paris and i-D for the first time, as well as her first cover of British Vogue. Bündchen’s debut Vogue cover in the United States, when Vogue declared her the comeback of the gorgeous model, was one of three Vogue covers she received in 1999.
- That same year, Bündchen was named VH1/Vogue Model of the Year. Bündchen was crowned The Most Beautiful Girl in the World in 2000, and the fourth model to grace the cover page of Rolling Stone magazine.
- Bündchen was featured on 37 Vogue covers throughout the world in 2000, notably three on the American issue.
- Gisele Bündchen opened shows for Christian Dior, Marc Jacobs, Dolce & Gabbana, Michael Kors, and Valentino in New York, Milan, and Paris during spring 2000 fashion week.
- Bündchen appeared in 11 Dolce & Gabbana fashion advertisements in a row between 1998 and 2003. She was the spokesperson of Dolce & Gabbana’s The One perfume between 2006 and 2009.
- After securing a five-year agreement with Victoria’s Secret, Bündchen stepped down from the runways. Bündchen donned the $15 million Victoria’s Secret Red Hot Fantasy Bra in 2000, which was featured in Guinness World Records as the most costly lingerie ever made.
- As per Forbes magazine, Bündchen was the highest-paid model around the world by 2004. During this time she tried her hand at acting, starring with Queen Latifah as well as Jimmy Fallon in the failure Taxi.
- Bündchen performed better within the fashion drama The Devil Wears Prada, featuring Meryl Streep and Anne Hathaway, two years later.
- Gisele Bündchen was ranked No. 53 on Forbes’ 2007 ranking among the most powerful celebs. Bündchen’s tenure with Victoria’s Secret expired in May 2007.
- Bündchen was ranked among the most powerful persons in the fashion business by the New York Daily News in 2008.
- Bündchen’s Ipanema flip-flop brand sold over 250 pairs for an approximated $197 million during 2010. In May 2009, the Independent dubbed Bündchen as the biggest celebrity in fashion history.
- Bündchen appeared in three springtime campaigns in 2012, for Givenchy, Versace, and Salvatore Ferragamo.
- Gisele Bündchen was included in Time’s All-TIME 100 Fashion Stars listing in April 2012, which has recognized the most prominent fashion icons since 1923.
- In 2012, Bündchen appeared in 5,600 ads in Brazil. Bündchen was named the ambassador of Chanel’s Les Beiges make-up range in February 2013.
- Marc Jacobs picked Bündchen as one of his muses for Louis Vuitton’s spring/summer 2014 marketing campaign. Bündchen was named the Chanel No. 5 representative in May 2014.
- Bündchen was named the supermodel who made the greatest income between June 2013 and June 2015 in the 2015 Guinness World Records book.
- Bündchen’s $700 Taschen book, which was issued to commemorate her 20-year career, sold out in a single day.
- Gisele Bündchen has featured in over 550 advertisements, 2000 magazine covers, 3500 magazine editorial, and 800 runway shows by 2015.
- Gisele launched her novel Lessons: My Path to a Meaningful Life in 2018, which was a bestseller in New York Times as well as the best-selling non-fiction title in Brazil for more than six months.
- Bündchen announced in February 2021 that she is quitting IMG Models after 22 years and also that her twin sister, Patricia, would take over as her manager.
- Gisele Bündchen started working in her teen years in her home country Brazil.
- Gisele made her New York Fashion Week debut at the age of 16.
- Gisele Bündchen was on her first British Vogue cover when she was just 18 years old.
- Gisele received the Model of the Year award in 1999.
- Gisele Bündchen suffered from debilitating panic attacks.
- Gisele Bündchen expressed in her memoir felt unsecured during her Victoria’s Secret runway shows.
- Gisele Bündchen workers for many environmental issues.
- Since 2009, Gisele Bündchen is the Goodwill Ambassador to the United Nations Environment Programme.
- As per Forbes, Gisele Bündchen is likely to become the first billionaire supermodel.
- Gisele Bündchen has a non-identical twin named Patricia.
How did Gisele Bündchen make her money?
Modelling & brand endorsements.
Does Gisele Bündchen have kids?
Vivian Lake Brady & Benjamin Brady.
What is Gisele Bündchen’s diet?
Bündchen eats a plant-based diet with little meat and dairy, focusing on natural and nutritious meals.
Is Gisele a billionaire?
No, she has a net worth of $400 million.
How old is Gisele?