Genelia D’Souza Profile, Bio, Age, Wiki, Family, Affairs
Genelia D’Souza was born 5 August 1987 is an Indian actress and model. She has appeared in South Indian cinema and Bollywood films. After being noticed in a Parker Pen advertisement with Amitabh Bachchan, Genelia began her acting career with box office success Tujhe Meri Kasam in 2003. She was recognized for her role in Boys the same year and became then established at Telugu Cinema. Acting in several Telugu films during the period 2003-2012.
Genelia received her first Filmfare Award in 2006 for her performance in the award-winning Telugu romantic film Bommarillu. In 2008, she gave critically acclaimed performances in Santosh Subramaniam, a Tamil remake of Bommarillu, and Bollywood film Jaane Tu … Ya Jaane Na.
Having performed in several blockbuster films in Telugu and Tamil, Genelia has established herself as one of the leading actresses in the South Indian film industry. In addition to the lead role, Genelia hosted the Big Switch TV show and is the brand ambassador for Fanta, Virgin Mobile in India, Fastrack, LG Mobiles, Garnier Light, Margo and Perk in India.
Born in Mumbai Genelia is an Eastern Indian, a Marathi speaking Christian from North Konkan. She was raised in the Bandra suburb of Mumbai. His mother, Jeanette D’Souza, was the managing director of the multinational company Pharma. She quit her job in 2004 to help Genelia in her career. His father, Neil D’Souza, is a senior official of Tata Consultancy Services (TCS).
She also has a younger brother, Nigel D’Souza, who works on the Bombay Stock Exchange. According to Genelia, her name means “rare” or “unique”, and is a coat rack of Jeanette and Neil, the names of her mother and father. She is also often informally called Geenu, her nickname. Genelia studied at Carmel Apostolic High School in Bandra and later joined St. Andrew’s College in Bandra to pursue her Bachelor’s degree in Management Studies. She finished shooting for her first film, Tujhe Meri Kasam in 2003 and initially thought a job from MNC would suit her. She enjoyed sports and college education and was a national-level athlete, sprinter, and national-level football player.
Year Film Role Language Notes
2003 Tujhe Meri Kasam Anjali (Anju) Hindi Nominated—Star Screen Award for Most Promising Newcomer – Female
Boys Harini Tamil credited as Harini
Satyam Ankitha Telugu CineMAA Award for Best Female Debut
2004 Masti Bindhiya Hindi
Samba Sandhya Telugu
Sye Indu Telugu
2005 Naa Alludu Gagana Telugu
Sachein Shalini Tamil
Subhash Chandra Bose Anitha Telugu
2006 Happy Madhumathi Telugu
Raam Lakshmi Telugu
Bommarillu Hasini Rao Telugu Nandi Special Jury Award
Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Telugu
Santosham Award for Best Actress
Chennai Kadhal Narmadha Tamil
2007 Dhee Puja Telugu Nominated—Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Telugu
2008 Mr. Medhavi Swetha Telugu
Satya in Love Veda Kannada
Santosh Subramaniam Hasini Govindan Tamil Nominated—Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Tamil
Nominated—Vijay Award for Best Actress
Nominated—Vijay Award for Favourite Heroine
Mere Baap Pehle Aap Shikha Kapur Hindi
Ready Puja Telugu
Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na Aditi “Meow” Mahant Hindi Nominated—Star Screen Award for Best Actress
Nominated—Stardust Superstar of Tomorrow – Female
Nominated—Apsara Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role
King Herself Telugu Cameo appearance
2009 Sasirekha Parinayam Sasirekha Telugu
Life Partner Sanjana Jugran Hindi
Katha Chitra Singh Telugu Nandi Special Jury Award
2010 Chance Pe Dance Tina Sharma Hindi
Uthamaputhiran Pooja Tamil
Orange Jaanu Telugu
2011 Urumi Arakkal Ayesha Malayalam Asiavision Film Award for Best Actress
Force Maya Hindi
Velayudham Bharathi Tamil
2012 Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya Mini Hindi
Naa Ishtam Krishnaveni Telugu
2014 Jai Ho Suman Hindi Cameo appearance
Lai Bhaari Herself Marathi Cameo appearance
2016 Force 2 Maya Hindi Cameo appearance
Genelia D’souza Hot
Awards and nominations
List of Acting Awards and Nominations
Year Film Award Category Result
2003 Tujhe Meri Kasam Filmfare Award Best Female Debut Nominated
2003 Tujhe Meri Kasam Zee Cine Award Best Female Debut Nominated
2003 Tujhe Meri Kasam Star Screen Award Star Screen Award for Most Promising Newcomer – Female Nominated
2003 Satyam CineMAA Awards CineMAA Award for Best Female Debut Won
2005 Masti Stardust Awards Best Breakthrough Performance – Female Nominated
2006 Bommarillu Filmfare Award Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Telugu Won
2006 Bommarillu Santosham Awards Santosham Award for Best Actress Won
2006 Bommarillu Nandi Awards Nandi Special Jury Award Won
2007 Dhee Filmfare Award Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Telugu Nominated
2008 Santosh Subramaniam Filmfare Award —Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Tamil Nominated
2008 Santosh Subramaniam Vijay Award Vijay Award for Best Actress Nominated
2008 Santosh Subramaniam Vijay Award Vijay Award for Favourite Heroine Nominated
2008 Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na Star Screen Award Star Screen Award for Best Actress Nominated
2008 Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na Stardust Awards Stardust Superstar of Tomorrow – Female Nominated
2008 Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na Apsara Award Apsara Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role Nominated
2009 Katha Nandi Awards Nandi Special Jury Award Won
2011 Urumi Asiavision Film Award Asiavision Film Award for Best Actress Won
2012 Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya BIG Star Entertainment Awards Big Star Award Most Entertaining Actor in a Comedy — Female Nominated
2015 Lai Bhaari IIFA Awards Outstanding Performance By A Regional Language Film Won
Genelia D’Souza is deeply religious and says that she regularly attends Sunday Mass at St. Anne Parish (Bandra), and each time the family is at home, part of their evening is reserved for reciting together the rosary. In an interview with The Times of India, she comments: “I keep a Novena every Wednesday at St. Michael’s Church in Mahim.” In an interview with Daily News and Analysis, she said that “my communication with God is conversational, I am God’s favorite child, I believe that God has always been kind to me.”
The tabloids have linked D’Souza romantically with Ritesh Deshmukh since they played together in their first film Tujhe Meri Kasam in 2003. They would be ready to get engaged, but the father of Ritesh, the chief minister of Maharashtra, Vilasrao Deshmukh, disagreed  D’Souza later denied any rumors of a relationship with Deshmukh, and replied that she had just friendly relations with him. However, the couple finally married on February 3, 2012, according to the Marathi wedding traditions at a Hindu wedding ceremony, they were married the next day. The couple’s first child, a son named Riaan, was born on November 25, 2014. Their second son was born on June 1, 2016.
Genelia D’Souza Biodata and Biography
Name Genelia D’Souza
Nick-name Geenu, Cheenu, Teenage Superstar of Bollywood
Date Of Birth 5 August 1987
Age 30 Years (as in 2017)
Profession / Occupation Actress / Model (Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada, Matati)
Mother Tongue Marathi
Caste Not Known
Height / Weight 5′ 6” / 54kg
First Movie Not Known
Money Factor Not Known
Genelia D’souza Instagram
Genelia D’Souza Family and Relatives
Father Neil D’Souza (Senior official with TATA Consultancy Services)
Mother Jeanette D’Souza (Formar MD of the Pharma Multinational Corp.)
Brothers Nigel D’Spuza
Marital Status Married
Husband Ritesh Deshmukh
Grandfather Not Known
Grandmother Not Known
Boyfriends/ Affairs Not Known
Genelia Height, Weight and Body Measurements
Height in Centimeters 168cm
Height in Meters 1.68 m
Height in Feet Inches 5′ 6”
Body Measurement 34-28-37
Waist Size` 28
Hips Size 37
Eye Colour Black
Hair Colour Black
Genelia D’Souza net worth
Genelia D’Souza’s net worth is reported to be 6 million dollars. Genelia D’Souza income reportedly also grew with her brand endorsements. She is also the co-owner of Mumbai Film Compay, along with her husband Riteish.
Genelia D’Souza Favorites
Favorite Colour Black, Red, White
Favorite Actor Amitabh Bachchan, Om Puri, Shah Rukh Khan
Favorite Actress Aishwarya Rai and Sandra Bullock
Favorite Food North Indian Food
Hobbies Internet Searching, Watching Films, Listening Songs
Favorite Director Not Known
Favorite Movie Devdas, Dark Knight, Titanic
Favorite Perfume XX, Diamond
Favorite Sport Not Known
Favorite Destination Italy, London
Genelia Education School and Colleges
Education Qualification Bachelor in Management Studies
School Apostolic Carmel High School, Bandra
College / University Not Known
Others Not Known
Genelia D’Souza Residence and Contact Address
Birth Place Mumbai, Maharastra, India
Home Town Mumbai, Maharastra, India
Present Residence Mumbai, Maharastra, India
House Address 602, Pura Building, Pochkhanwala Road, Worli, Mumbai
Phone No / Mobile No Not Known
Email ID Not Known
Website Not Known
Genelia D’Souza Social Media
Twitter Not Known
Facebook Not Known
Instagram Not Known
Some Known Facts About Genelia D’Souza
- Does Genelia D’Souza smoke?: No
- Does Genelia D’Souza drink alcohol?: No
- She was born and raised into a Marathi-speaking Mangalorean Catholic Family in Mumbai.
- Her mother, Jeanette D’Souza, had to leave the post of the Managing Director of a Pharma Multinational corporation to help Genelia with her career.
- According to Genelia, her name is a portmanteau (a linguistic blend of words) of her parents- Jeanette and Neil. She furthers says that her name means “rare” or “unique.”
- Genelia completed her bachelor’s degree in Management Studies while shooting for her debut film, Tujhe Meri Kasam in 2003.
- During her school and college days, she was a sports enthusiast and was a state-level athlete and a national level football player.
- At the age of 15, Genelia had become a household name when she did a Parker Pen commercial with Amitabh Bachchan.
- She also gained wide attention when she did a Fair & Lovely advertisement during the 2003 Cricket Worl Cup.
- She signed three Telugu movies simultaneously at the age of 16.
- She made her Bollywood debut with Ritesh Deshmukh in the movie Tujhe Meri Kasam in 2003.
- She dated Ritesh Deshmukh for a decade before tying the knot with him.
- The year 2006 proved to be a significant turning point in Genelia’s career; as she did two Telugu films in early 2006- Happy and Raam. The most successful film of her career “Bommarillu” was also released in the same year.
- After nearly five-year hiatus in Bollywood, Genelia made a comeback in Bollywood in June 2008 with the film “Mere Baap Pehle Aap.” However, the film failed at the box office.
- Her role of Aditi Mahant in the blockbuster Jaane Tu… Ya Jaane Na gained wide popularity.
- Apart from doing lead roles in many films, Genelia also made cameo appearances in Jai Ho and Lai Bhaari in 2014.
- Genelia is also into philanthropy and is associated with “The Banyan,” a voluntary organization that rehabilitates homeless women with mental illness in Chennai.
- In 2009, Genelia was one of the judges at the grand finale of Gladrags Mega Model and Manhunt.
- Genelia D’Souza holds a Limca world record of delivering four different super hit films in four different languages- Ready (Telugu), Satya in Love (Kannada), Santosh Subramaniam (Tamil), and Jaane Tu… Ya Jaane Na (Hindi) in a calendar year.
- Genelia has appeared in a number of popular TV commercials including Fanta, Chocolate Perk, Virgin Mobile India, Fastrack watches, LG mobiles, Garnier, and Dabur Vatika hair oil.