Elli Avram is a Swedish Greek actress and is now based in Mumbai, India. She is known for her Bollywood movie Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon. Avram came to limelight after participating in the Indian reality TV show Bigg Boss. Elli Avram was born to the singer Jannis Avramidis, and the actress Maria Granlund. She enrolled at Frans Schartau High School, Sweden, from where she obtained her Society-Economics degree.
She ultimately got her first major progress by bagging a lead role in Saurabh Varma’s comedy thriller film Mickey Virus. Avram said The photographer who took pictures of me knew a director who was looking for a girl for a lead role. I called him and had come to audition for his movie. She revealed, “Before I auditioned for Mickey Virus, I asked the director to send me the script so I could memorize the words because I didn’t know Hindi yet.
Elli Avram Bio/Wiki
[table id=1430 /]
Family – Parents and Siblings
Elli Avram was born on 29 July 1990 in Stockholm, Sweden. She grew up in Tyreso kommun, Stockholm. Her Greek father, Jannis Avramidis, is a musician who is now settled in Sweden; and her Swede mother, Maria Granlund, is an actress who had a part in Ingmar Bergman’s Fanny and Alexander.
Avram took an interest in figure skating, singing, and dancing from her initial years. Avram received training in acting from her mother and aunt who runs a theater in Skane County, Sweden. Avram felt a connection to India since her childhood. In an interview, she said, “Even when I was five, I was fascinated by Indian dance and the colorful clothes.”
Since her father is a Greek musician, she found some Greek songs are related to Indian melodies. Avram dreamt of being a Bollywood actress since her adolescence. She would go to a video store in Stockholm that used to sell Hindi movies and she would buy Bollywood films from there. She also used to watch Hindi films on YouTube.
Elli Avram Net Worth
According to various online sources, Elli Avram’s estimated Net Worth, Salary, Income, Cars, Lifestyles & many more details have been updated below. Let’s check, How Rich is Elli Avram in 2023?
[table id=1431 /]
Noted, Currently, We don’t have enough information about Cars, Monthly/Yearly Salary, etc. We will update you soon.
Movies – Career
- At 17, Avram became a member of the Stockholm based Pardesi Dance Group, and gave dance performances, primarily on Bollywood songs.
- Avram has done some acting projects in Sweden, the most noticeable of them is the December 2008 crime drama romance movie, Förbjuden Frukt, where she played the role of Selen – the lead character’s teen girlfriend. The movie is set against the backdrop of violent crime, where she falls in love with a boy with a criminal past.
- In 2010, Avram participated in the Miss Greece beauty contest. She also appeared on the Swedish TV-show Gomorron Sverige.
- In September 2012, Avram moved to Mumbai on a tourist visa to pursue an acting career in Bollywood. About the decision of acting in Hindi movies, She signed up with a modeling agency and soon got a work visa. The agency helped her getting auditions. The first considerable project she managed to get was a TV commercial for Eveready Industries India with the leading Indian actor Akshay Kumar.
- Does Elli Avram smoke?: No
- Does Elli Avram drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Elli was a contestant of the Miss Greece beauty contest in 2010.
- This Swedish beauty made her Indian TV appearance with Bigg Boss 7 in 2013.
- Before making her debut in Bollywood with “Micky Virus”, she acted in Swedish crime-drama-romantic film “Förbjuden Frukt” and TV series “Gomorron Sverige.”
- She appeared in an ad commercial of Eveready batteries opposite actor Akshay Kumar.
- In 2017, she changed the spelling of her surname “Avram” to “Avram” by adding an extra R to it.
Is Elli Avram Indian?
Like Katrina Kaif, Elli Avram, Too, Is Non-indian, And Like Katrina, She Didn’t Waste Time Bagging A Movie With A Small Banner Titled ‘Mickey Virus’. Like So Many Before Her, Elli Avram Hopes To Make A Mark In Bollywood, And The Fact That She’s Not From Here Doesn’t Seem To Hold Her Back.