Ekta Kapoor Profile, Bio, Height, Affair, Family, Wiki
Ekta Kapoor (born 7 June 1975) is an Indian television producer, film producer and director, and the joint managing director and creative head of ‘Balaji Telefilms’.
Ekta Kapoor Family
Ekta Kapoor is the daughter of actors Jeetendra and Shobha Kapoor. Her younger brother Tusshar Kapoor is also a Bollywood actor. She went to school at Bombay Scottish School, Mahim and attended college at Mithibai College.
Father- Jeetendra (Actor)
Mother- Shobha Kapoor (Producer)
Siblings Brother- Tusshar Kapoor (Younger, Actor)
Ekta Kapoor Bio
Full Name Ekta Ravi Kapoor
Profession TV and Film Producer
Ekta Kapoor Physical Stats
Height (approx.) in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet inches- 5’ 4”
Weight (approx.) in kilograms- 58 kg
in pounds- 128 lbs
Figure Measurements (approx.) 35-28-35
Eye Colour Black
Hair Colour Black
Debut Film: Kyo Kii… Main Jhuth Nahin Bolta (2001)
TV: Mano Ya Na Mano (1995)
Awards • Indo-American Society Award for the Most Outstanding Woman Entrepreneur (2010)
• Dadasaheb Phalke Academy Award for Iconic Film and Television Producer (2012)
• IMPACT’s 50 Award for the Most Influential Women in Media, Marketing and Advertising (2016)
• Indian Television Academy Award for the Sterling Icon of Entertainment (2017)
• Dadasaheb Phalke Excellence Award for Most Inspiring Icon of the Year (2018)
• Forbes Tycoon of Tomorrow Award for Icon of Excellence (2018)
• Business Today Award for Most Powerful Woman in Indian Business (2019)
• Hindustan Times Business Award for Business Icon of Continent (2019)
• ET Business Award for Content Creator of the Year (2019)
• HT Most Stylish Film Maker of the Year (2019)
Ekta Kapoor Personal Life
Date of Birth 7 June 1975
Age (as in 2019) 44 Years
Birthplace Mumbai, Maharashtra India
Zodiac sign Gemini
Hometown Mumbai, Maharashtra India
School Bombay Scottish School, Mumbai
College/University Mithibai College, Mumbai
Educational Qualification Not Known
- In 2007, Smriti Irani made an exit from Ekta’s serial “Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi” after a clash with Ekta. However, she was later brought back to the serial in 2008 due to a fall in the ratings of the show.
- Actor Pulkit Samrat who made an exit from the serial “Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi” had some payment issues with Ekta. He filled a case against Balaji Telefilms for not clearing his pending payments and also not allowing him to work on some other projects.
- A protest was carried out by the Rajput Kshatriya Akhil Bharatiya Chatariya Sabha against the TV serial “Jodha Akbar” as they thought that false facts were being presented by Ekta in her serial.
- Kapoor is often criticized for her dressing style as she flaunts clothes that are either uncomfortable or not appreciated by the people.
- Ekta is also criticized for the nudity clause in her contract. she has added the clause to prevent actors backing out from doing any intimate scene or provocative dialogue in the script.
- She also had a feud with Rajeev Khandelwal. Khandelwal who came into the limelight with Ekta’s serial “Kahiin Toh Hoga” openly said that he does not need Ekta to become big. The fight worsened when Rajeev made a negative remark on Ekta’s TV programming. However, they patched up after some time.
- After the rumors of the film Drishyam’s resemblance to the Japanese Novel ‘The Devotion of Suspect X, Kapoor sent a legal notice to the makers of Drishyam claiming the ownership of its copyrights. This gave rise to many controversies.
Ekta Kapoor Relationships & More
Marital Status Unmarried
Affairs/Boyfriends Not Known
Children Son- Ravie (via surrogacy, born in 2019)
Ekta Kapoor Favourite Things
Favourite Food Chocolate
Favourite Actors Hrithik Roshan, Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan
Favourite Actresses Priyanka Chopra, Kareena Kapoor, Sakshi Tanwar
Favourite Director Wong Kar-Wai
Favourite Books The Last Song of Dusk by Siddharth Dhanvant Shanghvi, The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
Favourite Colour White
Favourite TV Serial Shameless (USA)
Favourite Politician Narendra Modi
Ekta Kapoor Career
- Ekta Kapoor started her career aged 15, interning with ad and feature filmmaker Kailash Surendranath until after obtaining financing from her father, she decided to become a producer. She ventured into Bollywood movie production in 2001 beginning with Kyo Kii… Main Jhuth Nahin Bolta, Kucch To Hai and Krishna Cottage based on supernatural themes followed in 2003 and 2004. Kyaa Kool Hai Hum starred her brother Tusshar Kapoor. She then went on to co-produce Shootout at Lokhandwala with Sanjay Gupta. Mission Istanbul and EMI – Liya Hai Toh Chukana Padhega in collaboration with Sunil Shetty followed.
- From 2010 to 2014 she released a number of films including Love Sex Aur Dhokha, Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai, and Shor in the City. She says at one point she had lost confidence in herself after her films flopped one after another, and so was initially not sure about producing Half Girlfriend.
- In 2012, Ekta Kapoor started the Institute of Creative Excellence, a media training school through her production house Balaji Telefilms.
- Kapoor has also created and produced more than 130 Indian soap operas under her banner Balaji Telefilms Limited. Some of her most popular and top shows are Hum Paanch, Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki, Kaahin Kisii Roz, Kasautii Zindagii Kay, Kahiin To Hoga, Kasamh Se, Pavitra Rishta, Bade Acche Lagte Hain, Yeh Hai Mohabbatein, Jodha Akbar. Naagin, Kumkum Bhagya, Kasam Tere Pyaar Ki, Kundali Bhagya and several others that were credited with starting a new wave on Indian television, leading to her being known as the “Czarina of television” and “the Queen of India Television”.
- Kapoor has also launched 40 web TV series online through her digital app ALTBalaji.
- She has also launched her fashion series with EK Label. In recent times she has been named Content Czarina.
Ekta Kapoor Discography
2019 Vande Mataram song in Romeo Akbar Walter
Ekta Kapoor Television
The following is the list of Television shows produced by Kapoor under her banner Balaji Telefilms. Note: television series in bold are the shows presently on air.
1995: Captain House
1995: Mano Ya Na Mano
1995: Hum Paanch (season 1)
2000: Koshish… Ek Aasha
2000: Ghar Ek Mandir
2000: Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi
2000: Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii
2001: Kitne Kool Hai Hum
2001: Kuch Khona Hai Kuch Pana Hai
2001: Kabhii Sautan Kabhii Sahelii
2001: Kohi Apna Sa
2001: Kaahin Kissii Roz
2001: Kasautii Zindagii Kay
2002: Hum Paanch (season 2)
2002: Kya Hadsaa Kya Haqeeqat
2002: Kuchh Jhuki Palkain
2002: Kahi To Milenge
2003: Kahani Terrii Merrii
2003: Kahiin to Hoga
2003: Kkoi Dil Mein Hai
2004: Kosmic Chat
2004: Kyaa Kahein
2004: Kitni Mast Hai Zindagi
2004: Kkehna Hai Kuch Mujhko
2004: K. Street Pali Hill
2005: Hum Paanch Tadka Mar Ke
2005: Kaisa Ye Pyar Hai
2006: Kandy Floss
2006: Kyaa Hoga Nimmo Kaa
2006: Thodi Si Zameen Thoda Sa Aasmaan
2006: Kasamh Se
2006: Karam Apnaa Apnaa
2007: Kahe Naa Kahe
2007: Kuchh Is Tara
2007: Kya Dill Mein Hai
2008: Kaun Jeetega Bollywood Ka Ticket
2008: Kahaani Hamaaray Mahaabhaarat Ki
2008: Kabhi Kabhii Pyaar Kabhi Kabhii Yaar
2008: Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil
2008: Tujh Sang Preet Lagai Sajna
2009: Koi Aane Ko Hai
2009: Kitani Mohabbat Hai (season 1)
2009: Bairi Piya
2009: Bayttaab Dil Kee Tamanna Hai
2009: Pyaar Ka Bandhan
2009: Pavitra Rishta
2010: Sarvggun Sampanna
2010: Keshav Pandit
2010: Tere Liye
2010: Kitani Mohabbat Hai (season 2)
2010: Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani
2011: Parichay – Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Ka
2011: Bade Achhe Lagte Hain
2012: Kya Huaa Tera Vaada
2012: Gumrah: End of Innocence
2012: Gumrah (season 2)
2012: V The Serial
2013: Confessions of an Indian Teenager
2013: Ek Thhi Naayka
2013: Savdhaan India
2013: Gumrah (season 3)
2013: MTV Webbed (season 1)
2013: Jodha Akbar
2013: Pavitra Bandhan
2013: Ye Hai Mohabbatein
2014: MTV Webbed (season 2)
2014: Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi
2014: Kumkum Bhagya
2014: Gumrah (season 4)
2014: Yeh Dil Sun Raha Hai
2014: Box Cricket League (season 1)
2014: Ajeeb Daastaan Hai Ye
2014: Itna Karo Na Mujhe Pyaar
2015: Kasam Tere Pyaar Ki
2015: Kalash – Ek Vishwaas
2015: Nach Baliye 7
2015: Gumrah (season 5)
2015: Kuch Toh Hai Tere Mere Darmiyaan
2015: Pyaar Ko Ho Jaane Do
2015: Yeh Kahan Aa Gaye Hum
2015: Naagin (season 1)
2016: Box Cricket League (season 2)
2016: Mazaak Mazaak Mein
2016: Kavach…Kaali Shaktiyon Se
2016: Brahmarakshas – Jaag Utha Shaitaan
2016: Naagin (season 2)
2016: Pardes Mein Hai Meraa Dil
2016: Chandra Nandini
2017: Dhhai Kilo Prem
2017: Kundali Bhagya
2017: Chandrakanta — Ek Mayavi Prem Gaatha
2017: Box Cricket League (season 3)
2018: Naagin (season 3)
2018: Dil Hi Toh Hai
2018: Qayamat Ki Raat
2018: Kasautii Zindagii Kay
2019: Kavach (season 2)
2019: Bepanah Pyaar
2019: Haiwan – The Monster
Ekta Kapoor Movies
The following is the list of motion pictures produced by Kapoor under her banner Balaji Motion Pictures.
2001: Kyo Kii… Main Jhuth Nahin Bolta
2003: Kucch To Hai
2004: Krishna Cottage
2005: Kyaa Kool Hai Hum
2005: Koi Aap Sa
2007: Shootout at Lokhandwala
2008: Mission Istanbul
2008: C Kkompany
2008: EMI – Liya Hai Toh Chukana Parega
2010: Love Sex aur Dhokha
2010: Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai
2011: Taryanche Bait
2011: Shor in the City
2011: Ragini MMS
2011: The Dirty Picture
2012: Kyaa Super Kool Hai Hum
2013: Ek Thi Daayan
2013: Shootout at Wadala
2013: Once Upon a Time In Mumbaai Dobara
2014: Shaadi Ke Side Effects
2014: Ragini MMS 2
2014: Main Tera Hero
2014: Kuku Mathur Ki Jhand Ho Gayi
2014: Ek Villain — There’s one in every love story
2016: Kyaa Kool Hain Hum 3
2016: Udta Punjab
2016: Great Grand Masti
2016: A Flying Jatt
2017: Half Girlfriend
2017: Super Singh
2018: Veere Di Wedding
2018: Laila Majnu
2019: Judgementall Hai Kya
2019: Jabariya Jodi
2019: Dolly Kitty Aur Woh Chamakte Sitare
2019: Dream Girl
Ekta Kapoor Web series
The following is the list of web series created/developed/produced by Kapoor under her banner ALT Digital Media Entertainment for her video on demand platform ALT Balaji.
Romil & Jugal
Bewafaa Sii Wafaa
Karle Tu Bhi Mohabbat
The Test Case
Class of 2017
Ragini MMS: Returns
Kehne Ko Humsafar Hain
Galti Se Mis-Tech
Hum – I’m Because of Us
BOSS: Baap of Special Services
Ekta Kapoor Awards and honors
- Kapoor also works on scriptwriting, creative conversion and concept building. Having been chosen as one of 50 of ‘Asia’s Most Powerful Communicators’ by Asia Week magazine in 2001, she has helped launch the careers of many actors and actresses.
- She was chosen to lead the Confederation of Indian Industries (CII) entertainment committee. The other awards she received are; The Society Achiever Award and The Best Entrepreneur of the Year 2001.
- Kapoor is regarded as one of the most powerful ladies in the television industry and is amongst the top 25 women entrepreneurs of India.
- Kapoor has also received awards as the producer of Balaji Telefilms. These include the Indian Television Academy Awards, Indian Telly Awards, Kalakar Awards, Asian Television Awards, Apsara Awards, Zee Rishtay Awards, Star Parivaar Awards, 3rd Boroplus Awards, New Talent Awards, BIG Star Entertainment Awards, 4th Boroplus Awards, GR8! Women Awards, Asia’s Social Empowerment Awards, Lions Gold Awards, Stardust Awards, Screen Awards, Pune International Film Festival, Zee Gaurav Puraskar, National Media Network Film, and TV Awards, the Global Indian Film and TV Honors, Dadasaheb Phalke Academy Awards, and ETC Bollywood Business Awards.
- The following is the recent list of Awards received by Kapoor:
- 2010: Indo-American Society Awards – Most Outstanding Woman Entrepreneur
- 2012: Dadasaheb Phalke Academy Awards – Iconic Film and Television Producer
- 2012: National Media Award For Asian Academy Of Film And Television – Most Successful Film and Television Producer
- 2012: IMC Women Achiever Awards – Women Achiever of the Year
- 2014: Most Powerful Women in India Awards – Corporate Excellence in Entertainment Business
- 2014: Bharat Gaurav Achievement Awards
- 2014: Street Shakti Awards
- 2016: IMPACT’s 50 – Most Influential Women in Media, Marketing and Advertising
- 2017: Indian Television Academy Awards – Sterling Icon of Entertainment
- 2018: IWM Digital Awards – Web Person of the Year
- 2018: Dadasaheb Phalke Excellence Awards – Most Inspiring Icon of the Year
- 2018: Business Today – Most Powerful Woman in Indian Business
- 2018: FICCI Ladies Organisation – Icon of the Year
- 2018: ABP News Telebrations Awards – Grand Achiever of the Year
- 2018: Indian Television Academy Awards – Highest rated Show on TV – Naagin (season 3)
- 2018: Indian Television Academy Awards – Premiere Web Channel of the Year – ALT Balaji
- 2018: Jagran Cinema Summit Awards – Icon of Entertainment
- 2018: Forbes Tycoon of Tomorrow – Icon of Excellence
- 2018: Outlook India Speakout Awards – Woman Achiever of the Year
- 2019: Hindustan Times Business Awards – Business Icon of Continent
- 2019: ET Business Awards – Content Creator of the Year
- 2019: Business Today – Most Powerful Woman in Indian Business
- 2019: Talent Track Awards – Digital Content Creator
- 2019: Businessworld – BW Most Influential Woman of India
- 2019: Maharashtra Achiever’s Awards – Content Power House of the Year
- 2019: International Quality Awards – Content Creator of the Year
- 2019: HT Most Stylish Film Maker of the Year
Some known facts about Ekta Kapoor
- Does Ekta Kapoor smoke?: No
- Does Ekta Kapoor drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Ekta Kapoor was born to Jeetendra and Sobha Kapoor in Mumbai.
- She began her internship with the ad and feature filmmaker, Kailash Surendranath at the age of 15.
- Ekta Kapoor started producing TV serials at the age of 19, after her father’s suggestion.
- The majority of her TV serials begin with K, as she considers it lucky for Ekta Kapoor.
- As MD of Balaji Telefilms, she has produced around 25 successful TV serials till 2015 with earnings of around 500 Crore (INR) from it.
- Ekta Kapoor has launched films like “Love Sex Aur Dhokha,” “Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai,” “Shor in the City,” and “Half Girlfriend.”
- Ekta Kapoor has produced more than 130 serials including “Hum Paanch,” “Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki,” “Kyunki Saar Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi,” “Kaahin Kissii Roz,” “Kahiin To Hoga,” “Kasauti Zindagii Kay,” “Kaahin Kissii Roz,” “Kahiin To Hoga,” “Bade Acche Lagte Hain,” “Kasamh Se,” “Jodha Akbar,” “Ye Hai Mohabbatein,” “Kumkum Bhagya,” “Kasam Tere Pyaar Ki,” and “Kundali Bhagya.”
- Ekta Kapoor has launched stars like Vidya Balan, Sushant Singh Rajput, Prachi Desai, Ram Kapoor, Rajeev Khandelwal and Ronit Roy.
- Ekta Kapoor has also launched her fashion label, EK which is available at Snapdeal.
- Ekta Kapoor always wears black platform heels on events or functions as suggested by an astrologer.
- Ekta Kapoor has a fear of heights, darkness, and helicopters.
- Actress Anita Hassanandani initially changed her name to Natassha for movies on her suggestion.
- Ekta Kapoor isn’t seen much in public events, but she is considered as a party animal.
- Ekta Kapoor is spiritual, has huge faith in astrology, numerology and considers 3,6 and 9 as her lucky numbers.
- Ekta Kapoor is an animal lover and although she has a pet dog called Lafro, she has a habit of adopting stray dogs and has many of them.
- Ekta Kapoor is actively involved in charity for older women.
- Ekta Kapoor loves listening to old songs and ghazals and is a huge fan of Kishore Kumar’s songs.
- Ekta Kapoor has earned the monikers of “Czarina of television” and “the Queen of India Television.”
- Ekta Kapoor is the rakhi sister of Vikas Gupta.