Ekta Kapoor, an Indian Film and TV Producer, was born on 07-06-1975 in Mumbai in the state of Maharashtra, India. She is a Television Producer, Film Producer, Businessperson, Managing Director and Creative Director of her production company, Balaji Telefilms. She is the daughter of Shobha Kapoor and veteran actor Jeetendra. Her younger brother Tusshar Kapoor also happens to be an actor in Bollywood.
Ekta Kapoor is the name behind the most successful soap operas that India has ever seen. The long list includes Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, Hum Paanch, Jodha Akbar, Bade Acche Lagte Hain, Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki, Pavitra Rishta, Kasautii Zindagii Kay, Ye Hai Mohabbatein, Kasam Tere Pyaar Ki, Kavach and Kumkum Bhagya. The recent television sensation Naagin is also produced by her company. Thus far, she has produced over 120 television series and most of them have been successful ones.
Full Name: Ekta Ravi Kapoor
Profession: TV and Film Producer
Date of Birth: 7 June 1975
Age: (as in 2020) 45 Years
Birthplace: Mumbai, Maharashtra India
Zodiac sign: Gemini
Hometown: Mumbai, Maharashtra India
School: Bombay Scottish School, Mumbai
College/University: Mithibai College, Mumbai
Educational Qualification: Not Known
Father: Jeetendra (Actor)
Mother: Shobha Kapoor (Producer)
Brother: Tusshar Kapoor (Younger, Actor)
Ekta Kapoor is the daughter of actors Jeetendra and Shobha Kapoor. Her younger brother Tusshar Kapoor is also a Bollywood actor. She went to school at Bombay Scottish School, Mahim, and attended college at Mithibai College.
Simran Kaur Mundi Profile, Bio, Height, Affair, Family, Wiki
Anurag Kashyap Profile, Bio, Height, Affair, Family, Wiki
Height, Weight, and Figure
Height (approx.) in centimeters: 163 cm
in meters: 1.63 m
in feet inches: 5’ 4”
Weight (approx.) in kilograms: 58 kg
in pounds: 128 lbs
Figure Measurements (approx.): 35-28-35
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Reyhna Malhotra Profile, Bio, Height, Affair, Age, Family, Wiki
Madonna Sebastian Profile, Bio, Height, Affair, Age, Wiki
She is currently 45 years old according to her birth date on 7 June 1975.
Ekta Kapoor Net Worth, House, and Cars
Estimated Net Worth: Rs. 91 Crore
Personal Investment: Rs. 45 Crore
Luxury-Cars: Rs. 4 – 5 Crore
Ekta Kapoor Net Worth is Rs. 91 Crore. Television and Bollywood Cinema is incomplete without a Producer. One of the famous personalities once quoted “If no producer, No Movies”. The total revenue of Balaji Telefilms Ltd is estimated to be 4.24 Billion INR, which in Indian currency is approximately 4221360000.00 INR.
The personal net worth of Ekta Kapoor is 13 Million USD, which in Indian currency is approximately 91,85,15,000.00 Indian Rupee (i.e. approx Ninety One Crore INR).
Also, the Net worth of Ekta has seen a rise of 25% over the past few years. The net worth of Ekta Kapoor includes remuneration from Television Serials, movies, personal investment, and her production house.
Ekta Kapoor owns a Beautiful designed luxury House in Mumbai, India. She bought this house in 2012. The estimated value of the House is around Rs.7 Crores. She also owns multiple Real-estate properties in different countries.
Ekta owns a few of the luxurious cars in the world few of the car brands owned by her include Ford, Mercedes Benz, Audi, and BMW. Each of these cars would cost around 1.2 Crore to 2 Crore.
- In 2007, Smriti Irani made an exit from Ekta’s serial “Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi” after a clash with Ekta. However, she was later brought back to the serial in 2008 due to a fall in the ratings of the show.
- Actor Pulkit Samrat who made an exit from the serial “Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi” had some payment issues with Ekta. He filled a case against Balaji Telefilms for not clearing his pending payments and also not allowing him to work on some other projects.
- A protest was carried out by the Rajput Kshatriya Akhil Bharatiya Chatariya Sabha against the TV serial “Jodha Akbar” as they thought that false facts were being presented by Ekta in her serial.
- Kapoor is often criticized for her dressing style as she flaunts clothes that are either uncomfortable or not appreciated by the people.
- Ekta is also criticized for the nudity clause in her contract. she has added the clause to prevent actors backing out from doing any intimate scene or provocative dialogue in the script.
- She also had a feud with Rajeev Khandelwal. Khandelwal who came into the limelight with Ekta’s serial “Kahiin Toh Hoga” openly said that he does not need Ekta to become big. The fight worsened when Rajeev made a negative remark on Ekta’s TV programming. However, they patched up after some time.
- After the rumors of the film Drishyam’s resemblance to the Japanese Novel ‘The Devotion of Suspect X, Kapoor sent a legal notice to the makers of Drishyam claiming the ownership of its copyrights. This gave rise to many controversies.
Husband, Affairs, and Son
Marital Status: Unmarried
Affairs/Boyfriends: Not Known
Son: Ravie (via surrogacy, born in 2019)
Favourite Food: Chocolate
Favourite Actors: Hrithik Roshan, Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan
Favourite Actresses: Priyanka Chopra, Kareena Kapoor, Sakshi Tanwar
Favourite Director: Wong Kar-Wai
Favourite Books: The Last Song of Dusk by Siddharth Dhanvant Shanghvi, The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
Favourite Colour: White
Favourite TV Serial: Shameless (USA)
Favourite Politician: Narendra Modi
Movies and TV Shows – Career
Debut Film: Kyo Kii Main Jhuth Nahin Bolta (2001)
TV: Mano Ya Na Mano (1995)
- Indo-American Society Award for the Most Outstanding Woman Entrepreneur (2010)
- Dadasaheb Phalke Academy Award for Iconic Film and Television Producer (2012)
- IMPACT’s 50 Award for the Most Influential Women in Media, Marketing and Advertising (2016)
- Indian Television Academy Award for the Sterling Icon of Entertainment (2017)
- Dadasaheb Phalke Excellence Award for Most Inspiring Icon of the Year (2018)
- Forbes Tycoon of Tomorrow Award for Icon of Excellence (2018)
- Business Today Award for Most Powerful Woman in Indian Business (2019)
- Hindustan Times Business Award for Business Icon of Continent (2019)
- ET Business Award for Content Creator of the Year (2019)
- HT Most Stylish Film Maker of the Year (2019)
- Ekta Kapoor started her career aged 15, interning with ad and feature filmmaker Kailash Surendranath until after obtaining financing from her father, she decided to become a producer. She ventured into Bollywood movie production in 2001 beginning with Kyo Kii Main Jhuth Nahin Bolta, Kucch To Hai, and Krishna Cottage based on supernatural themes followed in 2003 and 2004. Kyaa Kool Hai Hum starred her brother Tusshar Kapoor. She then went on to co-produce Shootout at Lokhandwala with Sanjay Gupta. Mission Istanbul and EMI – Liya Hai Toh Chukana Padhega in collaboration with Sunil Shetty followed.
- From 2010 to 2014 she released a number of films including Love S*x Aur Dhokha, Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai, and Shor in the City. She says at one point she had lost confidence in herself after her films flopped one after another, and so was initially not sure about producing Half Girlfriend.
- In 2012, Ekta Kapoor started the Institute of Creative Excellence, a media training school through her production house Balaji Telefilms.
- Kapoor has also created and produced more than 130 Indian soap operas under her banner Balaji Telefilms Limited. Some of her most popular and top shows are Hum Paanch, Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki, Kaahin Kisii Roz, Kasautii Zindagii Kay, Kahiin To Hoga, Kasamh Se, Pavitra Rishta, Bade Acche Lagte Hain, Yeh Hai Mohabbatein, Jodha Akbar. Naagin, Kumkum Bhagya, Kasam Tere Pyaar Ki, Kundali Bhagya, and several others that were credited with starting a new wave on Indian television, leading to her being known as the “Czarina of television” and “the Queen of India Television”.
- Kapoor has also launched 40 web TV series online through her digital app ALTBalaji.
- She has also launched her fashion series with EK Label. In recent times she has been named Content Czarina.
Urvashi Rautela Height, Weight, Age, Affairs, Bio & More
Bobby Darling Profile, Bio, Height, Affair, Age, Family, Wiki
2019: Vande Mataram song in Romeo Akbar Walter
TV Shows List
The following is the list of Television shows produced by Kapoor under her banner Balaji Telefilms.
1995: Captain House
1995: Mano Ya Na Mano
1995: Hum Paanch (season 1)
2000: Koshish Ek Aasha
2000: Ghar Ek Mandir
2000: Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi
2000: Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii
2001: Kitne Kool Hai Hum
2001: Kuch Khona Hai Kuch Pana Hai
2001: Kabhii Sautan Kabhii Sahelii
2001: Kohi Apna Sa
2001: Kaahin Kissii Roz
2001: Kasautii Zindagii Kay
2002: Hum Paanch (season 2)
2002: Kya Hadsaa Kya Haqeeqat
2002: Kuchh Jhuki Palkain
2002: Kahi To Milenge
2003: Kahani Terrii Merrii
2003: Kahiin to Hoga
2003: Kkoi Dil Mein Hai
2004: Kosmic Chat
2004: Kyaa Kahein
2004: Kitni Mast Hai Zindagi
2004: Kkehna Hai Kuch Mujhko
2004: K. Street Pali Hill
2005: Hum Paanch Tadka Mar Ke
2005: Kaisa Ye Pyar Hai
2006: Kandy Floss
2006: Kyaa Hoga Nimmo Kaa
2006: Thodi Si Zameen Thoda Sa Aasmaan
2006: Kasamh Se
2006: Karam Apnaa Apnaa
2007: Kahe Naa Kahe
2007: Kuchh Is Tara
2007: Kya Dill Mein Hai
2008: Kaun Jeetega Bollywood Ka Ticket
2008: Kahaani Hamaaray Mahaabhaarat Ki
2008: Kabhi Kabhii Pyaar Kabhi Kabhii Yaar
2008: Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil
2008: Tujh Sang Preet Lagai Sajna
2009: Koi Aane Ko Hai
2009: Kitani Mohabbat Hai (season 1)
2009: Bairi Piya
2009: Bayttaab Dil Kee Tamanna Hai
2009: Pyaar Ka Bandhan
2009: Pavitra Rishta
2010: Sarvggun Sampanna
2010: Keshav Pandit
2010: Tere Liye
2010: Kitani Mohabbat Hai (season 2)
2010: Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani
2011: Parichay – Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Ka
2011: Bade Achhe Lagte Hain
2012: Kya Huaa Tera Vaada
2012: Gumrah: End of Innocence
2012: Gumrah (season 2)
2012: V The Serial
2013: Confessions of an Indian Teenager
2013: Ek Thhi Naayka
2013: Savdhaan India
2013: Gumrah (season 3)
2013: MTV Webbed (season 1)
2013: Jodha Akbar
2013: Pavitra Bandhan
2013: Ye Hai Mohabbatein
2014: MTV Webbed (season 2)
2014: Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi
2014: Kumkum Bhagya
2014: Gumrah (season 4)
2014: Yeh Dil Sun Raha Hai
2014: Box Cricket League (season 1)
2014: Ajeeb Daastaan Hai Ye
2014: Itna Karo Na Mujhe Pyaar
2015: Kasam Tere Pyaar Ki
2015: Kalash – Ek Vishwaas
2015: Nach Baliye 7
2015: Gumrah (season 5)
2015: Kuch Toh Hai Tere Mere Darmiyaan
2015: Pyaar Ko Ho Jaane Do
2015: Yeh Kahan Aa Gaye Hum
2015: Naagin (season 1)
2016: Box Cricket League (season 2)
2016: Mazaak Mazaak Mein
2016: Kavach Kaali Shaktiyon Se
2016: Brahmarakshas – Jaag Utha Shaitaan
2016: Naagin (season 2)
2016: Pardes Mein Hai Meraa Dil
2016: Chandra Nandini
2017: Dhhai Kilo Prem
2017: Kundali Bhagya
2017: Chandrakanta – Ek Mayavi Prem Gaatha
2017: Box Cricket League (season 3)
2018: Naagin (season 3)
2018: Dil Hi Toh Hai
2018: Qayamat Ki Raat
2018: Kasautii Zindagii Kay
2019: Kavach (season 2)
2019: Bepanah Pyaar
2019: Haiwan – The Monster
The following is the list of motion pictures produced by Kapoor under her banner Balaji Motion Pictures.
2001: Kyo Kii Main Jhuth Nahin Bolta
2003: Kucch To Hai
2004: Krishna Cottage
2005: Kyaa Kool Hai Hum
2005: Koi Aap Sa
2007: Shootout at Lokhandwala
2008: Mission Istanbul
2008: C Kkompany
2008: EMI – Liya Hai Toh Chukana Parega
2010: Love S*x aur Dhokha
2010: Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai
2011: Taryanche Bait
2011: Shor in the City
2011: Ragini MMS
2011: The Dirty Picture
2012: Kyaa Super Kool Hai Hum
2013: Ek Thi Daayan
2013: Shootout at Wadala
2013: Once Upon a Time In Mumbaai Dobara
2014: Shaadi Ke Side Effects
2014: Ragini MMS 2
2014: Main Tera Hero
2014: Kuku Mathur Ki Jhand Ho Gayi
2014: Ek Villain – There’s one in every love story
2016: Kyaa Kool Hain Hum 3
2016: Udta Punjab
2016: Great Grand Masti
2016: A Flying Jatt
2017: Half Girlfriend
2017: Super Singh
2018: Veere Di Wedding
2018: Laila Majnu
2019: Judgementall Hai Kya
2019: Jabariya Jodi
2019: Dolly Kitty Aur Woh Chamakte Sitare
2019: Dream Girl
The following is the list of web series created/developed/produced by Kapoor under her banner ALT Digital Media Entertainment for her video on demand platform ALT Balaji.
- Maya Thirrai
- Romil & Jugal
- Bewafaa Sii Wafaa
- Karle Tu Bhi Mohabbat
- Dev DD
- The Test Case
- Class of 2017
- Pammi Aunty
- Ragini MMS: Returns
- Bose: Dead/Alive
- Dhimaner Dinkaal
- Haq Se
- Kehne Ko Humsafar Hain
- PM Selfiewallie
- Galti Se Mis-Tech
- Gandii Baat
- Hum – I’m Because of Us
- BOSS: Baap of Special Services
Ridhima Pandit Wiki, Height, Weight, Age, Affairs, Bio & More
Aneri Vajani Height, Weight, Age, Boyfriend, Family, Bio
- Does Ekta Kapoor smoke?: No
- Does Ekta Kapoor drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Ekta Kapoor was born to Jeetendra and Sobha Kapoor in Mumbai.
- She began her internship with the ad and feature filmmaker, Kailash Surendranath at the age of 15.
- Ekta Kapoor started producing TV serials at the age of 19, after her father’s suggestion.
- The majority of her TV serials begin with K, as she considers it lucky for Ekta Kapoor.
- As MD of Balaji Telefilms, she has produced around 25 successful TV serials till 2015 with earnings of around 500 Crore (INR) from it.
- Ekta Kapoor has launched films like “Love S*x Aur Dhokha,” “Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai,” “Shor in the City,” and “Half Girlfriend.”
- Ekta Kapoor has produced more than 130 serials including “Hum Paanch,” “Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki,” “Kyunki Saar Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi,” “Kaahin Kissii Roz,” “Kahiin To Hoga,” “Kasauti Zindagii Kay,” “Kaahin Kissii Roz,” “Kahiin To Hoga,” “Bade Acche Lagte Hain,” “Kasamh Se,” “Jodha Akbar,” “Ye Hai Mohabbatein,” “Kumkum Bhagya,” “Kasam Tere Pyaar Ki,” and “Kundali Bhagya.”
- She has launched stars like Vidya Balan, Sushant Singh Rajput, Prachi Desai, Ram Kapoor, Rajeev Khandelwal, and Ronit Roy.
- She has also launched her fashion label, EK which is available at Snapdeal.
- She always wears black platform heels on events or functions as suggested by an astrologer.
- She has a fear of heights, darkness, and helicopters.
- Actress Anita Hassanandani initially changed her name to Natassha for movies on her suggestion.
- She isn’t seen much in public events, but she is considered as a party animal.
- She is spiritual, has huge faith in astrology, numerology, and considers 3,6 and 9 as her lucky numbers.
- Ekta Kapoor is an animal lover and although she has a pet dog called Lafro, she has a habit of adopting stray dogs and has many of them.
- She is actively involved in charity for older women.
- She loves listening to old songs and ghazals and is a huge fan of Kishore Kumar’s songs.
- She has earned the monikers of “Czarina of television” and “the Queen of India Television.”
- She is the rakhi sister of Vikas Gupta.
FAQ’s About Ekta Kapoor
Who Is Ekta Kapoors Husband?
She Is Still Unmarried.
Is Ekta Ravi Kapoor Married?
Tusshar And Ekta, The Children Of Bollywood Actor Jeetendra And Shobha Kapoor, Never Married. Tusshar Became A Single Father, Opting For Surrogacy In The Year 2016 And Even Inspired Karan Johar To Go For The Same. Now His Sister Ekta Has Opted For The Procedure, Joining The Brigade Of Single Mothers In Bollywood.
Who Is The Father Of Ekta Kapoors Baby?
Congratulations Are In Order For Tv Mogul Ekta Kapoor. Following In The Footsteps Of Younger Brother Tusshar, Ekta Welcomed A Baby Boy Via Surrogacy. She Has Named Her Newborn Son Ravie Kapoor After Her Father And Veteran Actor Jeetendra, Whose Real Name Is Ravi Kapoor.
Why Ekta Kapoor Added Ravi?
Ekta’s Son Has Been Named After Jeetendra, Born As Ravi, And While Speaking To The Daily, The Veteran Actor Revealed That The Letter ‘e’ Has Been Added To His Grandchild’s Name On The Recommendation Of Their Astrologer.
Ansha Sayed Biography, Age, Height, Affairs, Family & Wiki
Aisha Sharma Age, Height, Movies, Wiki, Bio & More