Ekta Kapoor, an Indian Film and TV Producer, was born on 07-06-1975 in Mumbai in the state of Maharashtra, India. She is a Television Producer, Film Producer, Businessperson, Managing Director and Creative Director of her production company, Balaji Telefilms. She is the daughter of Shobha Kapoor and veteran actor Jeetendra. Her younger brother Tusshar Kapoor also happens to be an actor in Bollywood.
Ekta Kapoor is the name behind the most successful soap operas that India has ever seen. The long list includes Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, Hum Paanch, Jodha Akbar, Bade Acche Lagte Hain, Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki, Pavitra Rishta, Kasautii Zindagii Kay, Ye Hai Mohabbatein, Kasam Tere Pyaar Ki, Kavach and Kumkum Bhagya. The recent television sensation Naagin is also produced by her company. Thus far, she has produced over 120 television series and most of them have been successful ones.
Ekta Kapoor Bio/ Wiki
[table id=1404 /]
Ekta Kapoor is the daughter of actors Jeetendra and Shobha Kapoor. Her younger brother Tusshar Kapoor is also a Bollywood actor. She went to school at Bombay Scottish School, Mahim, and attended college at Mithibai College.
Ekta Kapoor Net Worth, House, and Cars
Ekta Kapoor Net Worth is $15 Million. Television and Bollywood Cinema is incomplete without a Producer. One of the famous personalities once quoted “If no producer, No Movies”. The total revenue of Balaji Telefilms Ltd is estimated to be 4.24 Billion INR, which in Indian currency is approximately 4221360000.00 INR.
[table id=1405 /]
The personal net worth of Ekta Kapoor is 15 Million USD, which in Indian currency is approximately 91,85,15,000.00 Indian Rupee (i.e. approx Ninety One Crore INR).
Also, the Net worth of Ekta has seen a rise of 25% over the past few years. The net worth of Ekta Kapoor includes remuneration from Television Serials, movies, personal investment, and her production house.
Movies and TV Shows – Career
[table id=1406 /]
Ekta Kapoor Awards
[table id=1407 /]
- Does Ekta Kapoor smoke?: No
- Does Ekta Kapoor drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Ekta Kapoor was born to Jeetendra and Sobha Kapoor in Mumbai.
- She began her internship with the ad and feature filmmaker, Kailash Surendranath at the age of 15.
- Ekta Kapoor started producing TV serials at the age of 19, after her father’s suggestion.
- The majority of her TV serials begin with K, as she considers it lucky for Ekta Kapoor.
- As MD of Balaji Telefilms, she has produced around 25 successful TV serials till 2015 with earnings of around 500 Crore (INR) from it.
- Ekta Kapoor has launched films like “Love S*x Aur Dhokha,” “Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai,” “Shor in the City,” and “Half Girlfriend.”
- Ekta Kapoor has produced more than 130 serials including “Hum Paanch,” “Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki,” “Kyunki Saar Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi,” “Kaahin Kissii Roz,” “Kahiin To Hoga,” “Kasauti Zindagii Kay,” “Kaahin Kissii Roz,” “Kahiin To Hoga,” “Bade Acche Lagte Hain,” “Kasamh Se,” “Jodha Akbar,” “Ye Hai Mohabbatein,” “Kumkum Bhagya,” “Kasam Tere Pyaar Ki,” and “Kundali Bhagya.”
- She has launched stars like Vidya Balan, Sushant Singh Rajput, Prachi Desai, Ram Kapoor, Rajeev Khandelwal, and Ronit Roy.
- She has also launched her fashion label, EK which is available at Snapdeal.
- She always wears black platform heels on events or functions as suggested by an astrologer.
- She has a fear of heights, darkness, and helicopters.
- Actress Anita Hassanandani initially changed her name to Natassha for movies on her suggestion.
- She isn’t seen much in public events, but she is considered as a party animal.
- She is spiritual, has huge faith in astrology, numerology, and considers 3,6 and 9 as her lucky numbers.
- Ekta Kapoor is an animal lover and although she has a pet dog called Lafro, she has a habit of adopting stray dogs and has many of them.
- She is actively involved in charity for older women.
- She loves listening to old songs and ghazals and is a huge fan of Kishore Kumar’s songs.
- She has earned the monikers of “Czarina of television” and “the Queen of India Television.”
- She is the rakhi sister of Vikas Gupta.
Who Is The Father Of Ekta Kapoors Baby?
Why Ekta Kapoor Added Ravi?
Ekta’s Son Has Been Named After Jeetendra, Born As Ravi, And While Speaking To The Daily, The Veteran Actor Revealed That The Letter ‘e’ Has Been Added To His Grandchild’s Name On The Recommendation Of Their Astrologer.