A Peruvian professional footballer, Edison Michael Flores Peralta (born 14 May 1994) plays as a winger for Liga MX club Atlas and the Peruvian national team. As a student at Lima University of Sports, Flores began his athletic career. At the age of 17, he won the U-20 Copa Libertadores and was named the tournament’s best player. During his tenure with the national team, he participated in the 2018 FIFA World Cup and two Copa América tournaments: Centenario and Brazil 2019, where he helped the team finish as runners-up. In 59 appearances, Flores has scored 14 goals, making him Peru’s third-leading goal scorer.
According to reports, he is dating Ana Siucho, a doctor and sister of Roberto Siucho, a footballer for Universitario. They have been in a relationship since 2015. They met when Peralta participated in meetings at a friend’s house when they both played together on the cream team. The couple resides in Denmark together. He married his long-term girlfriend Ana Siucho in a televised ceremony on 21 December 2019. Having African and Quechua ancestry, he has been working with teammate Renato Tapia to promote the indigenous culture of the Peruvian Quechua people. Edison Flores and Ana Siucho were blessed with a daughter born on June 3, 2021, named Alba.
Edison Flores Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Edison Flores. It gives you the ability to read through the Peruvian footballer profile as fast as possible.
[table id=5297 /]
Edison Flores Net Worth And Salary
In 2023, what will Edison Flores’s salary be?
In Jul 2022 Edison Flores signed a contract with Atlas Guadalajara that netted him a whopping salary of £1,377,710 per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns £3,785 per day and £157 per hour!
[table id=5298 /]
His stock is on the rise thanks to his performances on the pitch. As of 2023, Edison Flores has an estimated net worth of around $3 Million, and his market value is about $2.20 million.
Edison Flores FIFA 22 – Potential And Rating
In FIFA 22, Edison Flores has an overall rating of 68 with a potential of 68. Edison Flores has got a 4-star skillmoves rating.
[table id=5299 /]
He prefers to shoot with his left foot. His workrates are Medium / High. Edison Flores’s height is 170 cm and his weight is estimated at 70 kg according to our database. Currently, Edison Flores is playing with the numbers 10 and 20.
Universitario de Deportes
- The 17-year-old Flores made his official league debut in the Torneo Descentralizado on 31 July 2011, playing away against Juan Aurich in round 16 of the 2011 season.
- In the 64th minute, he entered the match for Andy Polo, and the final score was 1–0 in favor of the Chiclayo-based club.
- On 24 September 2011, at home in the Monumental, he played in his first Peruvian Clásico in the Descentralizado.
- Alianza Lima was leading the league at the time of the derby. When the score was 1-1 in the 68th minute, he entered the match for Miguel Angel Torres.
- At the 92nd minute of the derby, Flores dribbled past three Alianza Lima players and provided the pass leading to Martin Morel’s winning goal. It ended in a 2–1 victory for Universitario in the derby.
- He was transferred to Villarreal CF in Spain on August 31, 2012.
- He made his debut for Villarreal “B”, the club’s subsidiary, against Badalona on September 30. He scored his first goal against Levante “B” on December 1, resulting in a 1-1 draw.
- Villarreal announced the transfer of Flores to Universitario on its website on March 28, 2014.
- In 2014, he played in the Copa Libertadores, where he was eliminated in the group stage at the hands of Vélez Sarsfield and Athletico Paranaense, scoring 3 goals in 22 appearances.
- He formed an effective quartet with Andy Polo, Ral Ruidaz, and Diego Guastavino, achieving the Apertura Tournament title against Sporting Cristal with his chalaca goal.
- He was transferred to Denmark’s Aalborg BK in August 2016.
- In a 2–1 victory over Esbjerg, he made his official debut in a Danish team shirt.
- On August 28, he scored his first goal against Aarhus. He played eighteen games and scored one goal in his first season.
- He scored one goal in two matches in the Danish Cup, and they advanced to the quarterfinals where they were eliminated by Midtjylland.
- He played in twenty-nine matches in the 2017-18 season, scoring one goal (3–2 loss to Nordsjaelland). In the domestic cup that same season, they advanced to the quarterfinals after losing to Fredericia by a score of 3-1.
- He played two games in that competition and scored a goal against Helsingør in the round of 16.
- After the departure of his compatriot Ral Ruidaz, the Monarcas Morelia club announced he would be joining as a new reinforcement.
- On September 22, he made his debut against Pumas in a draw. On February 15, 2019, he scored his first goal for Monterrey in the Liga MX Clausura.
- Flores scored a goal in the second leg of the quarterfinal match against León to qualify for the Liguilla del Apertura for the 2019-A season.
- In the semifinals, Monarcas defeated America 2-0 at home; however, they were defeated by America by the same score away from home. As a result, the capital club qualified for the final since they were positioned higher in the Apertura standings.
- As of 14 January 2020, D.C. United acquired Flores for a club-record transfer fee of $5 million.
- In a 1–2 loss against Colorado Rapids on 29 February 2020, Flores made his professional debut.
- During the month of August, Flores suffered a head-on collision and was out of commission for six weeks for facial fractures. In a 1–2 loss to the Chicago Fire on 11 October 2020, he returned from his injury.
- In a 3–4 loss to the New England Revolution on 1 November 2020, Flores contributed his first assists for the team.
- Flores concluded D.C. United’s disappointing 2020 campaign with 13 appearances and three assists.
- In a 1–0 victory over the Chicago Fire on 13 May 2021, Flores scored his first MLS goal.
- In mid-August, Flores returned from a hamstring injury sustained on 23 May against the Philadelphia Union.
Edison Flores Transfer To Atlas
To date, he has made 16 appearances for the Mexican club Atlas since he transferred to the club in 2022.
- As a youth player, he represented Peru at all levels and was part of the U-20 squad at the 2013 South American Youth Football Championship, in which he left a lasting impression.
- He scored from a header to put Peru in the lead in the final match against Chile, which Peru needed to win to qualify.
- A superb free kick from Bryan Rabello leveled the match for his side.
- As a result, Chile qualified at Peru’s expense, but Flores impressed then-manager Sergio Markarián, who called him to the senior squad for the friendly against South Korea and the remaining qualifiers for the 2014 World Cup. In the friendly, he only made his debut.
- His failure to qualify for both the U-20 and senior World Cups had been a dark mark on his career.
- In the aftermath of the competition, Flores’ performance attracted Gareca, who subsequently summoned him to the Copa América Centenario.
- In his maiden major competition debut, he scored one goal against Ecuador in a 2–2 draw.
- In spite of not scoring another goal than the one he scored for Ecuador, he helped Peru top the group and eliminate Brazil.
- In helping Peru qualify for the World Cup after 36 years, he made history with his impressive performance, making him a new star of Peru.
- He was named in Peru’s provisional 23-man World Cup squad in May 2018.
- During Peru’s 2–1 win over Bolivia during the 2019 Copa America, he scored a goal.
- He scored the winning penalty in the penalty shootout against Uruguay in the quarterfinals.
- Peru advanced to the finals against Brazil after scoring the first goal against Chile in the semis.
Edison Flores is 29 years old as of 2023.
Edison Flores is 170 cm or 5 ft 7 inches tall.
Edison Flores’s preferred foot is left.
Edison Flores is from Peru.
After reading his biography, you will agree with me that Edison Flores worked so hard to achieve success. Even poor kids from the slum can dream big and achieve their dreams thanks to him.
It is important to note that his father and mother were key catalysts in his success story. His career life would not be the same without their contributions. They deserve all the accolades for what they have done.
In addition, his sibling’s and friends’ efforts should not be overlooked. As a result of them, he never experienced loneliness or depression during his childhood. Edison Flores has grown into a cheerful youth as a result of them.
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of the Peruvian footballer. Hopefully, Edison Flores’s childhood story has made you believe that patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in the article on Edison Flores.