Eddie Redmayne is a well-renowned British actor, best recognized for depicting the role of Colin Clark in the movie ‘My Week with Marilyn’ and that of Marius Pontmercy in the musical ‘Les Misérables’. He has also performed supporting characters in movies, such as ‘Elizabeth: The Golden Age’, ‘Savage Grace’, and ‘The Other Boleyn Girl’, to name a few. Besides this, the talented actor has done many television projects, the famous ones being ‘Birdsong’, ‘The Pillars of the Earth’ and ‘Tess of the d’Urbervilles’.
Coming to his stage work, Redmayne has served in the stage productions of ‘Richard II’ and ‘Red.’ These and many other contributions of the British actor have made him a strong name and fame. Talking about the honors, Redmayne has got many awards such as a BAFTA Award, an Academy Award, and a Golden Globe Award. He was elected Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in 2015 by Queen Elizabeth II, in honor of his responsibilities to drama.
Eddie Redmayne Wiki/Bio
|Birth Name||Edward John David Redmayne|
|Nick Name||Eddie Redmayne|
|Age||(as in 2020) 38 Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Capricorn|
|Birth Place||London, England|
|Date of Birth||06 January 1982|
|Home Town||London, England|
|Mother's Name||Patricia Redmayne (Burke) (Runs a relocation business)|
|Father's Name||Richard Redmayne (Businessman)|
|Brother||• Charlie Redmayne (Older Half-Brother) (HarperCollins UK CEO)|
• Thomas Redmayne (Younger)
• James Redmayne (Older)
|Sister||• Annabel Redmayne (Half-Sister)|
|Others||• Richard Redmayne (Paternal Great-Grandfather) (Civil and mining engineer)|
• John Marriner Redmayne (Paternal Grandfather)
• Audrey Mercedes D’Alton (Paternal Grandmother)
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Carey Mulligan (2011)|
• Taylor Swift (2011-2012)
• Hannah Bagshawe (2012-Present)
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Marriage Date||December 15, 2014|
|Children||• Son- Luke Richard Bagshawe|
• Daughter- Iris Mary Redmayne
|School||Jackie Palmer Stage School|
|College/University||• Eton College in Eton, Berkshire|
• Trinity College, Cambridge
|Career Manager||United Agents Ltd|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 184 cm|
in meters- 1.84 m
in feet inches- 6’0”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 76 kg|
in pounds- 168 lbs
|Chest Size||38 Inches|
|Biceps Size||13 Inches|
|Waist Size||32 Inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||White|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Dress Size||Not Available|
|Shoe Size||Not Available|
|Favorite Color||IKB-International Klein Blue|
|Favorite Song In Les Miserables||On My Own (By Samantha Barks)|
|Favorite Band||Johnny Flynn, Jack Peñate, Marcus Foster, Michael Kiwanuka|
|Favorite Film||Rust and Bone (2012), Blue Valentine (2010), My Summer Of Love (2004), The Dark Knight (2008)|
Redmayne was born in the London borough of Westminster. His mother, Patricia, works as a relocation businessman, and his father, Richard Redmayne, is a businessman in corporate investment. His paternal great-grandfather was Sir Richard Redmayne, a civil and mining technician.
He has an older brother, a younger brother, and an older half-brother and half-sister. From the age of 10, Redmayne joined Jackie Palmer Stage School, where he encountered his love for acting and singing, alongside fellow star James Corden.
He attended Eaton House, Colet Court, and then Eton College, where he was in the identical year as Prince William. He moved on to read History of Art at Trinity College, Cambridge, from where he graduated with 2:1 Honours in 2003. Notwithstanding being colorblind, Redmayne wrote his thesis on Yves Klein’s signature color, International Klein Blue, which he is able to see with vibrancy. While at Cambridge, Redmayne was a member of the University Pitt Club.
Redmayne married Hannah Bagshawe on 15 December 2014. They have a daughter Iris Mary Redmayne born in 2016 and a son Luke Richard Bagshawe born in 2018. In August 2014, he was appointed ambassador of film education fund Into Film.
Eddie Redmayne Net Worth
Eddie Redmayne has a net worth of $4 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2019 (Approx)||$4 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2018(Approx)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
|Income Source||Actor, model|
Eddie Redmayne Movies And TV Shows
- Redmayne began his professional stage appearance as Viola in Twelfth Night, for Shakespeare’s Globe at the Middle Temple Hall in 2002.
- He won the award for Excellent Newcomer at the 50th Evening Standard Theatre Awards in 2004, for his appearance in Edward Albee’s The Goat, or Who Is Sylvia?, and the award for Best Newcomer at the Critics’ Circle Theatre Awards in 2005.
- Later stage honors include Now or Later by Christopher Shinn at the Royal Court Theatre. The show lasted from 3 September to 1 November 2008.
- Redmayne began his screen introduction in 1998 in an episode of Animal Ark. His television credits include the BBC miniseries Tess of the d’Urbervilles, the miniseries The Pillars of the Earth, and the two-part mini-series Birdsong.
- Redmayne was chosen in his first feature movie Like Minds (2006) after being found by casting director Lucy Bevan working in a play named Goats.
- Redmayne has performed in films such as The Good Shepherd (2006), Savage Grace (2007), Powder Blue (2008), The Other Boleyn Girl (2008), Glorious 39 (2009), and Hick (2011).
- He acted as Osmund in Christopher Smith’s supernatural gothic chiller movie Black Death (2010).
- His 2008 Sundance drama movie The Yellow Handkerchief was delivered on 26 February 2010 by Samuel Goldwyn Films.
- In 2011, he acted as filmmaker Colin Clark in the drama movie My Week with Marilyn.
- He took on the character of Marius Pontmercy for the 2012 musical movie Les Misérables.
- In 2014, he starred as Stephen Hawking in The Theory of Everything, a role for which he won the Academy Award, BAFTA, Golden Globe, and Screen Actors Guild Award for Best Actor, representing the debilitating difficulties of ALS.
- In early 2015, Redmayne emerged in the Wachowski siblings’ movie, Jupiter Ascending as Balem Abrasax. The film was universally followed, including his appearance, for which he won the Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Supporting Actor.
- Redmayne also performed the 2015 documentary War Art with Eddie Redmayne, created as part of the ITV’s Perspectives program. Redmayne guest-starred as Ryan the tank locomotive in Thomas & Friends movie special Sodor’s Legend of the Lost Treasure.
- That same year, Redmayne acted in the biographical drama The Danish Girl, directed by Academy Award-winning director Tom Hooper. In the movie, delivered in the United Kingdom on 1 January 2016, Redmayne depicted transgender pioneer Lili Elbe, a casting that was the subject of some controversy from the transg*nder community.
- In January 2016, he received his second nomination for the Academy Award for Best Actor in the following years.
- Redmayne later supported the criticism towards his casting in a 2018 interview, emphasizing the importance of casting transgender actors performing trans characters.
- In 2016, Redmayne acted as Newt Scamander in the film adaptation of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, the first of a series indoors the Wizarding World of the Harry Potter film series, with a screenplay by J. K. Rowling. Fantastic Beasts was a critical and commercial breakthrough.
- In 2018, Redmayne acted in the stop-motion animated movie Early Man and reprised his performance as Newt Scamander in Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald. The Crimes of Grindelwald got a mixed critical response but was a financial success. Both of Jk Rowling’s Fantastic Beasts movies rank amongst Redmayne’s highest-grossing movies at the box office.
The Good Shepherd
|2007||Elizabeth: The Golden Age|
|2008||The Other Boleyn Girl|
The Yellow Handkerchief
My Week with Marilyn
|2014||The Theory of Everything|
|2015||The Danish Girl|
Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure
|2016||Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them|
|2017||Lindsey Stirling: Brave Enough|
Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald
|2020||The Trial of the Chicago 7|
TV Shows & Serials List
|2008||Tess of the d'Urbervilles|
|2010||The Miraculous Year|
The Pillars of the Earth
|2015||War Art with Eddie Redmayne|
|2017||CBBC Visits the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts|
|2018||BBC Children in Need|
Facts About Eddie Redmayne
- Eddie began his professional career in 1992 (at the age of 10) by performing in the musical Oliver.
- He has done modeling for Burberry by performing in their campaigns with Alex Pettyfer (in 2008) and Cara Delevingne (in 2012).
- Redmayne was starred on the “International Best Dressed List” of Vanity Fair’s September 2012 subject.
- He studied together with Prince William and Ivo Stourton. All were in an equal year at Eton College.
- He is dear friends with Jeremy Irvine.
- He would like to direct a movie himself.
- He is a bathroom singer. He is singing since he was a kid.
- He first got encouraged to begin acting from his drama school teacher Simon Dormandy.
- He admired Ralph Fiennes and Mark Rylance when he was young.
- He is the only one in his family (which holds his mom, dad, and four siblings) to be in the show business.
- He is not on social media.
- Prior to growing a full-time actor, Redmayne modeled for Burberry in 2008 with Alex Pettyfer, and in 2012 with Cara Delevingne.
- In 2015, he was elected number one in GQ’s 50 best dressed British men.
What happened to Eddie Redmayne?
Eddie Redmayne is an Oscar-winning actor. At 37 years old, Redmayne has starred in multiple acclaimed movies, including The Theory of Everything and The Danish Girl. He now stars as Newt Scamander in the Harry Potter spinoff series Fantastic Beasts.
Was Eddie Redmayne in Harry Potter?
Eddie Redmayne has revealed that he once auditioned for a role in Harry Potter, and was turned down. The Oscar-winning Theory Of Everything actor stars in forthcoming Potter spin-off Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them. However, he could have appeared in Rowling’s wizarding universe nearly 15 years earlier.
Is Charlie Redmayne related to Eddie Redmayne?
HarperCollins UK’s new chief executive is a man, an old-Etonian, ex-army, and the half-brother of the rising actor Eddie Redmayne. Last month Charlie Redmayne took on one of the toughest jobs in publishing: replacing Victoria Barnsley, who for 13 years ran HC UK.
Who was Eddie Redmayne in Harry Potter?
Eddie Redmayne is well known for playing the role of Newt Scamander in J.K. Rowling’s Fantastic Beasts series as well as his portrayal of physicist Stephen Hawking in The Theory of Everything. He is also a Patron of the MND Association.
How did Eddie Redmayne meet his wife?
She met Redmayne in 2000 at a charity fashion show while attending Eton College. The two soon struck up a friendship and later started dating in January 2012 after Redmayne invited her to a trip to Florence during a shooting break for Les Miserables.