Devoleena Bhattacharjee is a well-known Indian television actress and model. She is mostly active on the small screen shows. Devoleena is best known for playing the role of ‘Gopi Ahem Modi’ in Star Plus’s daily soap ‘Saath Nibhaana Saathiya. Bhattacharjee is one of the highest-paid actresses in the television world.
Devoleena Bhattacharjee was born in a Bengali Brahmin Family on 22 August 1990 in Sivasagar, Assam. Her father was an employee of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) who passed away in 1997. Her mother, Anima Bhattacharjee, an Assamese. Devoleena has a younger brother, Andeep Bhattacharjee. She was rumored to be dating the television actor, Vishal Singh.
Devoleena Bhattacharjee Wiki/Bio[table id=2105 /]
Devoleena Bhattacharjee completed her schooling from Assam’s Godhula Brown Memorial English High School. Then she did graduation in Commerce (Accountancy Honours). Later, she did Jewellery Designing & Development from the National Institute of Fashion Technology, New Delhi. Thereafter, she started working as a Jewellery Designer in Gili India Ltd., Mumbai.
Devoleena was inclined towards music and dance from a very young age. When she was 6 years old, she started learning classical music and has attained Sangeet Visharad Part 1 in Classical Music from Bhatkhande Music Institute, Lucknow.
Bhattacharjee is also a trained Bharatanatyam Dancer and has received her training from Kalakshetra Foundation, Chennai. She has won many dance competitions. Before becoming an actress, Devoleena had appeared in a number of plays like ‘Miri Jiyor’, ‘Annie Frank’s Diary’, ‘Ashimot Jaar Heraal Hima,’ and ‘Sonitkuwari’ She participated in Sangeet Natak Academy’s youth festival and won the best actress award for the play-‘Maya’.
Devoleena Bhattacharjee Net Worth
According to Woodgram, Devoleena Bhattacharjee’s estimated Net Worth, Salary, Income, Cars, Lifestyles & many more details have been updated below. Let’s check, How Rich is Devoleena Bhattacharjee in 2023?[table id=2104 /]
Noted, Right now, We don’t have enough information about Cars, Monthly/Yearly Salary, etc. We will update soon.
- Devoleena had a catfight with the TV actress, Loveleen Kaur Sasan, who played the role of ‘Paridhi’ in the TV show “Saath Nibhaana Saathiya” in January 2015. Reportedly, she was insecure about Loveleen’s entrance to the show.
- In 2016, there were reports of paranormal activities taking place on the sets of the serial Saath Nibhaana Saathiya and Devoleena confirmed the same. During an interview, she said that the sets of the show were haunted and caused a negative influence on the cast and crew.
- In the following year, Devoleena landed into controversy after her dispute with the TV actor, Vishal Singh. Reportedly, Bhattacharjee was rehearsing her script with the director, and Vishal and Vandana Vithlani (television actress), who was seated close to the actress, were cracking jokes which disturbed her. She lost her cool and roared at Vandana, which didn’t go well with Vishal which resulted in a heated contention between the two. However, they resolved their differences after a few months.
- In October 2016, Devoleena blamed Utkarsha Naik, who played the role of ‘Pramila’ in ‘Saath Nibhaana Saathiya’, for kidnapping her dog ‘Jugnu’ from the set. She even registered an FIR against her to PETA.
- She got embroiled in a dispute after she was summoned for questioning by the Mumbai’s Pant Nagar Police in a diamond trader’s murder case in 2018. Her name cropped up in the interrogation after her phone number was found in Rajeshwar Udani’s (diamond merchant) call details. However, the actress later cleared that she was safe, and it was a normal inquiry.
Devoleena Bhattacharjee started her career in 2010 by participating in the dance reality show “Dance India Dance” season 2. In the following year, she made her acting debut through the television series Sawaare Sabke Sapne Preeto in the year 2011. She was then roped in to play the lead role in long-running television series Saath Nibhaana Saathiya is the year 2012. She worked in the show till it ended in 2017.
Devoleena also apeared as the lead actress in TV serials like “Laal Ishq” and “Kundali Bhagya”. She also participated in Box Cricket League season 3, in 2016. With respect to June 2018, she had marked on to depict the lead in Optimus Productions new TV indicate “Kuch Naye Rishte” inverse performing artist Pratham Girdhar that will air on Colors TV. Devoleena also appeared in Salman Khan’s show Bigg Boss Season 13 as a contestant in 2019.
Facts About Devoleena Bhattacharjee
- Does Devoleena Bhattacharjee drink alcohol?: Yes
- Does Devoleena Bhattacharjee smoke?: Not Known
- Devoleena replaced Giaa Manek for the role of Gopi in the TV show “Saath Nibhaana Saathiya” in 2012 and received huge popularity.
- She has also participated in the reality show ‘Killer Karaoke Atka Toh Latkah’ (2014).
- She is a food lover and loves to try new recipes.
- Bhattacharjee was one of the highest-paid TV actresses during 2014-2017.
- Devoleena has a deep belief in Lord Ganesha.
- Devoleena is an avid dog lover and has a pet named Angel Bhattacharjee.
- Bhattacharjee injured herself on the sets of her show “Saath Nibhaana Saathiya” in 2013, due to which she had to undergo a backbone surgery.
- Devoleena is a fitness freak and visits the gym constantly.
- Devoleena’s dream role would be to portray the role of ‘Kumud’ in the TV serial “Saraswatichandra”.
Devoleena Bhattacharjee is suffering from an old back injury and has been told to not participate in tasks. Devoleena has been reportedly advised complete bed rest and has been exempted from taking part in any task organized in the house. She is suffering from a back injury, which has worsened with time.
TV actor Devoleena Bhattacharjee has stepped out of the Bigg Boss 13 house and been admitted to a hospital. A Times of India report claimed Devoleena was rushed to a hospital after her backache aggravated. She had been dormant, avoiding tasks and household chores on the reality show for some time now.
Bigg Boss 11 contestant Vikas Gupta was playing as Devoleena Bhattacharjee’s proxy but got evicted after Devoleena’s doctor advised her to back out of the show citing medical issues.
For the uninitiated, Devoleena got injured while dancing during one of the morning sessions. The actress was admitted to Nanavati Hospital and is under medical supervision. She will need at least 10 days to recover from the pain and injury.