Demet Özdemir (born 26 February 1992) is a Turkish actress, comedian, and former dancer. Demet Özdemir was born as the youngest child in a family of three children. When she was seven years old, she moved to Istanbul with her mother and siblings after her parents divorced. Her grandmother was a member of the Turkish minority in Bulgaria (also known as a Bulgarian Turk). Her family immigrated to Turkey from Bulgaria. In the future, her grandmother and brother emigrated to Germany. In August 2022, she married the musician and actor Oğuzhan Koç.
Initially, she worked as a backup dancer for Bengü and later joined Efes Kizlar’s dance group. Afterward, Özdemir appeared in Mustafa Sandal’s music video for “Ates Et ve Unut” and was soon cast as “Aylin” in Fox’s new series Sana Bir Sir Verecegim alongside Esra Ronabar, Murat Han, and Ekin Koç. On Kurt Seyit ve Sura, she portrayed the character of “Ayla,” and in Tut Sözünü, she portrayed “Demet.”. Next, she played the role of “Asli” in the television series Çilek Kokusu opposite Yusuf Çim. Additionally, Özdemir appeared in Bengü’s music video “Hodri Meydan”. In Erkenci Kus (Early Bird), she plays the lead role of Samen opposite Can Yaman.
Demet Özdemir Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Demet Özdemir. It allows you to read through the famous actress and dancer’s profile as quickly as possible.
[table id=5502 /]
Demet Özdemir Net Worth
There is no doubt that she has an impressive Net Worth, between $6 million of assets as of 2023.
[table id=5517 /]
As a result of her work in movies and TV shows, she has made a lot of money. Aside from that, she also earns money by endorsing a wide variety of popular brands.
The actress has appeared in television commercials for Fresh Company Markasının Reklam Yüzü, Garnier, and Pantene. Additionally, she serves as a brand ambassador for the cosmetic companies Garnier (Turkey) and Pantene (Turkey).
Demet Özdemir Love Story With Can Yaman
Despite his many suitors, Can Yaman remains single, and since he rose to fame through his television shows, only one romance has been attributed to him: Demet Özdemir, with whom he co-starred in ‘Erkenci Kus’. Are you familiar with his real-life love story?
While filming the TV show, which has become so popular throughout Europe, the actors met and played the main characters Can and Sanem, a couple who fell madly in love despite their differences.
The chemistry between the two was so strong and evident that love finally transcended the screen and became a reality. During the filming of the series, which began in 2018, rumors of a relationship followed the couple, although they were unconfirmed.
Truth be told, neither Can Yaman nor Demet have confirmed the relationship that everyone had assumed they would have from the beginning of 2018 (when they were shooting the series) until the end of 2019. On several occasions, their fans were able to see them together, and both of them posted numerous social media posts in which they appeared to be most affectionate.
In early 2019, the Turkish press was on their trail: they were spotted leaving a nightclub in early 2019, and soon after, in April, they attended the Murex d’Or Awards, which honor the best actors and actresses in the Arab world. Both actors won the award for the best male and female lead in a series. A photo was taken of them before the awards ceremony in the hall of the Monte Cassino Hotel, where they had arrived together.
In August 2019, the couple went on vacation to Marmaris, a small town hidden in a bay in southwest Turkey. Even though Can and Sanem were reluctant to take pictures together, their social media accounts revealed their relationship.
Can Yaman be the first to share a publication, posting in his stories a video in which he appeared on a beach with his dog Simba, very relaxed and enjoying himself. There were some hills in the background. One hour later, his girlfriend shared a picture of herself on a seaside terrace. There were the same hills in the background as in the actor’s video. Are they coincidences? That picture was probably taken by our favorite Turkish actor.
In the wake of the success of ‘Erkenci Kus,’ Demet and Can were inundated with job offers, and at the end of 2019, the young woman was immersed in the recording of a new Turkish series. In the meantime, Can Yaman was promoting his series in Italy and Spain, as fans of the actor will recall. Thousands of people gathered at the airport to meet him during his visit to Spain. As soon as the actor completed his military service in Turkey, he stepped away from the spotlight for a short period of time.
On the other hand, Demet Özdemir, according to Turkish media reports, was the one who decided to break off her relationship with the actor, since her alleged romance was overshadowing her artistic career. According to these sources, Demet even went so far as to hire some specialists to remove her name from the Internet so that, when someone searched for her, only information related to her professional life would be found.
Several months after their separation, the actors are passing through the quarantine individually and no trace of their romance remains. Is Yaman taking advantage of his confinement to engage in a variety of activities, such as dancing the tango with his mother or improving his Spanish?
Sanem, on the other hand, lives with her stylist and friend, Mustafa Rutkay. According to her social media accounts.
Demet Özdemir Husband Oğuzhan Koç
In a surprise proposal he prepared for Turkish actress Demet Özdemir, singer Oğuzhan Koç proposed to her. In the past few months, the couple had separated but were reunited within a short period of time.
A year has passed since Demet Özdemir, 30, began dating Oğuzhan Koç, 36. On Valentine’s Day, Oğuzhan Koç proposed to Demet Özdemir. During the marriage proposal, Demet Özdemir said ‘yes’ to Oğuzhan Koç’s song ‘Far from the World’ accompanied by the Sakiler Group and their songs.
The 30-year-old actress and 36-year-old singer, who went to Paris alone in recent months, parted ways when they returned to Istanbul. Due to the illness of her mother Ayşen Şener, Özdemir conveyed her decision to her lover Koç to be able to take care of her more. Having met and talked later, the couple decided to remain, friends, rather than end their relationship.
They were unable to endure the separation any longer and reconciled last week. When the couple will sit at the wedding table is a matter of curiosity. Acun Ilzical and other jury members failed to ignore the stagnation of Oğuzhan Koç, the champion of the first season of the ‘O Ses Türkiye’ competition.
When Ilıcalı said, “I see you stagnant,” Ebru Gündeş replied, “He is unhappy, he is unhappy.” Oğuzhan Koç, on the other hand, stated, “This time is like that. It is a sad week. Let’s get sad and then we’ll be cheerful.”
Demet Özdemir Career – Dance, Movies, And TV Shows
She began her career as a backup dancer for Bengü and later joined the dance group of Efes Kızları. Afterward, Özdemir appeared in Mustafa Sandal’s music video “Ateş Et ve Unut”.
Movies And TV Shows
- Her first casting was for Fox’s fantasy series Sana Bir Sr Verecegim along with her first partner, Ekin Koç, in the role of “Aylin” with electric power.
- The role became a phenomenon among young audiences. There was a loyal following for the series. The series was published prior to prime time.
- Adult audiences were not familiar with it. Later, she portrayed the character of “Ayla” in the historical television series Kurt Seyit ve Sura, and played the role of “Demet” in the film Tut Sözünü.
- She then portrayed the character of “Asli” on Star TV’s series Çilek Kokusu. Özdemir also appeared in the music video for “Hodri Meydan” by Bengü.
- She starred in the Turkish romantic comedy series No 309 in 2016, playing the lead role, Lale Yenilmez. The series ended on 25 October 2017 after 65 episodes.
- It was also broadcast in Venezuela, Paraguay, Chile, Bolivia, Spain, Romania, and Hungary.
- Her role in the dance-comedy film “Sen Kiminle Dans Ediyorsun” was written by Burak Aksak, who wrote the hit surreal comedy Leyla ile Mecnun.
- She played the lead role of “Sanem” in the Turkish romantic comedy series Erkenci Kuş (Daydreamer) opposite Can Yaman from 2018 to 2019.
- In recognition of her role in this series, she received the Best Actress award at the 2019 Murex d’Or in Lebanon.
- In Italy, Erkenci Kuş was broadcast many times on prime-time television, and the actress was invited to appear on the popular television show, Verissimo. Over 3.5 million people watched her interview.
- She became a Pantene Turkey brand ambassador in November 2019.
- During the period of 2019-2021, Özdemir played the leading role of Zeynep in Dogdugun Ev Kaderindir (My Home, My Destiny).
- On 25 December 2019, TV8 premiered the series produced by OGM Pictures and directed by Cagri Bayrak. This script was inspired by Gülseren Budayıcıoğlu’s novel Camdaki Kız.
- Following this, she starred in the Netflix films Aşk Taktikleri and Aşk Taktikleri 2.
Facts About Demet Özdemir
- Demet Özdemir is a Turkish model, actor, dancer, and comedian who is best known for her Turkish television series Erkenci Kuş.
- During an interview, she mentioned that her sister had started modeling before her. It was actually my sister’s star that rose first. My sister received her first offer only one week after she was signed by the agency. Mehmet Ali noticed her in the audience and gave her a card stating, “Your face is beautiful; sign up with Neşe Erbek’s agency.” She listened to her and kept a secret from my father in order to evaluate the offer. Like in Turkish movies, he boarded the train and proceeded to Istanbul.”
- She continued, “My 19-year-old sister could not even draw a pencil in her eye for fear of my father. Any kind of make-up was forbidden in our house anyway. In spite of the fact that I was only 8-9 years old, I devised the entire escape plan for my sister. I assigned my mother the task of distracting my father. Our family has already been brutally beaten. In particular, my sister was more afraid of him than I am.”
- Her parents divorced when she was seven years old. The interviewee stated, “I remember hanging our heads and waiting for him. The blade was now on his bone. We arranged my father in front of us and spoke, but the language we used did not work. “I don’t want to hear anymore, get out of your room,” she said. We locked ourselves in the room and cried for days. My father finally agreed to move, but he did not accompany us. After we left, he got married. In addition, I would like to add that opening our way was the greatest favor he could do for us.”
- During her teenage years, she faced a variety of financial difficulties. In an interview, she stated, “My sister married a wealthy man, but that did not help us at all. We had to cut our own bellies. When our money ran out, we were left almost without bread. Sitting with my mother, we pondered what to do. I was sixteen years old when I suddenly decided to dance. I was short and weighed 63 kilograms. They told me that I could not dance unless I was 51-52 kilograms. I worked hard, ate only salad every day, did pilates, and lost 11 kilograms in a month.”
- She began working as a backup dancer for a Turkish singer named Bengü. Furthermore, she worked on the music videos ‘Hodri Meydan’ (2016) by Bengü and ‘Ateş Et ve Unut’ (2009) by Mustafa Sandal. As a dancer, Demet joined ‘Efes Kizlari,’ a Turkish dance group.
- Her work has also been featured in dance videos for YouTube channels such as ‘Garaj Dance Centre’ and ‘Elements of Dance.’
- Her Turkish series Erkenci Kuş (2018) has been dubbed into Hindi, English, and Tamil.
- Many popular magazines in Turkey have featured her, including All magazine, BeStyle, and Elele.
- She is a passionate animal lover and owns a few pets, including dogs and cats.
- In the company of her friends, Demet occasionally consumes alcohol.
She is 31 years old as of 2023.
She is fluent in the Turkish language.
Her mother’s name is Ayşen Şener.
She has a brother named Volkan Özdemir.
An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of Demet Özdemir. Hopefully, Demet Özdemir’s biography has made you believe that patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in the article on Demet Özdemir.