Deepika Padukone is one of the most tremendously paid actresses of Bollywood and Hollywood. She was born on 5 January 1986 in Copenhagen, Denmark. She is the daughter of former badminton Champion Prakash Padukone. Her mother tongue is Konkani. Deepika has a younger sister named Anisha. Her family moved to Bangalore, India when she was just eleven months old. Padukone is of Mangalorean origin, and her mother tongue is Konkani.
Her ancestry hails from Padukone village in Kundapura, Taluk in Udupi District the state of Karnataka, India. She has been modeling appearances in television, advertising campaigns for Liril, Close-Up toothpaste and Limca, receiving many prestigious modeling offers, including brand ambassadorship of the Jewels of India, an annual jewelry exhibition. She hit the international scene when Maybelline made her their new international cover-girl face.
Deepika Padukone Wiki/Bio
[table id=1098 /]
Padukone was born on 5 January 1986 in Copenhagen, Denmark to Konkani-speaking parents. Her father, Prakash Padukone, is a former professional badminton player and her mother, Ujjala, is a travel agent. Her younger sister, Anisha, is a golfer. Her paternal grandfather, Ramesh, was a secretary of the Mysore Badminton Association.
The family relocated to Bangalore, India when Padukone was a year old. She was educated at Bangalore’s Sophia High School and completed her pre-university education at Mount Carmel College.
She subsequently enrolled at the Indira Gandhi National Open University for a Bachelor of Arts degree in sociology but later quit it due to scheduling conflicts with her modeling career.
Padukone has said that she was socially awkward as a child and did not have many friends. The focus of her life was badminton, which she played competitively from a young age. Describing her daily routine in a 2012 interview, Padukone said, “I would wake up at five in the morning, go for physical training, go to school, again go for playing badminton, finish my homework, and go to sleep.”
Padukone continued to pursue a career in badminton throughout her school years and played the sport in national-level championships. She also played baseball in a few state-level tournaments. While concentrating on her education and sporting career, Padukone also worked as a child model, first appearing in a couple of advertising campaigns at the age of eight.
In the tenth grade, she changed focus and decided to become a fashion model. She later explained, “I realized that I was playing the game only because it ran in the family. So, I asked my father if I could give up the game and he wasn’t upset at all.” In 2004, she began a full-time career as a model under the tutelage of Prasad Bidapa.
Deepika was born on 5 January 1986 (Deepika Padukone age 36; as in 2022) in Copenhagen, Denmark and brought up in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India. She took a lot of interest in playing badminton since childhood and wanted to become a badminton player just like her father.
She played badminton in many national-level championships during her school days. She also worked as a child model and appeared in several advertising campaigns when she was only eight. She later changed her mind, and instead of becoming a badminton player, she decided to become a fashion model.
Deepika Padukone Images
Deepika Padukone Net Worth
Deepika Padukone Net Worth is estimated at Rs 310 crores or $38 million as of 2023. Mumbai is the home for many actors and artists thus, it is also known as the dream city and Bollywood is the place where most of the actor’s dreams come true. One such actor is Deepika Padukone.
She is also known as the female Hit Machine by most of her producers and directors. She is among the busiest actress of not only Bollywood but also internationally.
[table id=1099 /]
Here, we will discuss her movies, achievements, international projects and most importantly her earnings and net worth. Deepika is a film actress and is a professional model.
Deepika’s debut movie was a Kannada film “Aishwarya”, soon she got her breakthrough opposite megastar Shahrukh Khan in the film “Om Shanti Om” in the year 2007. From then she never looked behind, she is now among the highest-paid actress of the world and also has one of the highest net worths in India.
The total net worth of Deepika Padukone is estimated to be 38 million USD, which in Indian currency is approximately 103 crores INR. She charges Rs. 10 crores for a movie. Deepika’s most of the earnings come from brand Endorsements for which she charges a whopping amount of Rs. 8 crores.
Also, it is observed that Deepika Padukone’s net worth had a rapid rise of 40% from the last three years. With such massive net worth and earnings, she also has a big heart for charity and sharing.
Deepika has also adopted a village in Maharashtra. In order to know about her net worth, we need to analyze her major assets.
Deepika Padukone Movies
Deepika Padukone announced in 2006 that she would make her First film debut with Aishwarya, a Kannada film directed by Indrajit Lankesh. The romantic comedy was a remake of the Telugu film Manmadhudu, and she was cast in the title role opposite the actor Upendra. The film proved to be a commercial success.
RG Vijayasarathy of Rediff.com was appreciative of Padukone’s screen presence but added that “she needs to work on her emotional scenes.” By the end of 2006, Farah Khan’s Happy New Year was shelved, and Khan had instead cast Padukone for the melodrama Om Shanti Om (2007).
Set against the backdrop of the Hindi film industry, the film tells the story of a struggling actor in the 1970s who dies soon after witnessing the murder of the woman he loved and is reincarnated to avenge her death.
Shah Rukh Khan starred as the protagonist, and Padukone featured in dual roles of a leading actress of the 1970s, and later, an aspiring actress. In preparation for her role, Padukone watched several films of actresses Helen and Hema Malini to study their body language. Her voice was dubbed by the voice artist Mona Ghosh Shetty.
For one of the songs in the film, “Dhoom Taana,” Padukone drew upon Indian classical dance, and according to Dorling Kindersley, “mesmerize audiences” by using hasta mudras (hand gestures). Om Shanti Om was a commercial success, and emerged as the highest-grossing film of the year, with global revenue of ₹1.49 billion (US$21 million).
Taran Adarsh of the entertainment portal Bollywood Hungama opined that she had “all it takes to be a top star”, and she was awarded the Filmfare Best Female Debut Award and received her first Filmfare Award for Best Actress nomination. Bollywood Hungama reported that the success of Om Shanti Om proved a breakthrough for her.
[table id=1100 /]
Some Known Facts About Deepika Padukone
- Does Deepika Padukone drink alcohol?: Yes
- Deepika was born into a Konkani family in Denmark, but her family moved back to Bengaluru when she was 11 months old.
- She was not a social person at a young Deepika Padukone Age and had very few friends.
- Inspired by her badminton legend father, Prakash Padukone, she started playing badminton at a young age and played State-level badminton till the 10th standard.
- Originally, she wanted to become a badminton player, but changed her mind and became a model instead.
- In order to become a model, she relocated to Mumbai from Bengaluru and stayed at her aunt’s home.
- Deepika made her first catwalk when she was 17 years old.
- At the 5th annual Kingfisher Fashion Awards, Deepika was named “Model of the Year.”.
- In 2004, she came into limelight with her “oof yu maa!” ad for Liril Orange.
- Salman Khan spotted her talent and offered her a film, but at that time she was just starting her modeling career and wasn’t ready to do films.
- In 2005, she first appeared in the song “Naam Hai Tera” from Himesh Reshammiya‘s hit album ‘Aap Kaa Surroor.’
- She learned acting skills from Anupam Kher’s “Actor Prepares” and dance from Shiamak Davar.
- Although Deepika was supposed to make her Bollywood debut in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s ‘Saawariya,’ Bhansali opted for Anil Kapoor’s daughter’s formula and replaced her with Sonam Kapoor.
- Farah Khan approached Deepika about doing her film ‘Happy New Year’, but the film was canceled (it was later released in 2014 starring Deepika) and she was signed up for ‘Om Shanti Om’ (2007), which became a blockbuster and made her a star.
- In 2008, she was ranked #1 in Indian Maxim’s ‘Hot 100’ list.
- In 2009, Deepika worked as a freelance writer for HT City, the lifestyle supplement of Hindustan Times.
- She performed all the stunts herself for her role as “Suzy” in Chandni Chowk to China (2009).
- She adopted a village in Ambegaon, Maharashtra, in 2010 to provide water and electricity to the villagers.
- In 2012, she was named ‘India’s Most Beautiful Woman‘ by the Indian edition of People magazine.
- Deepika has a clothing label ‘All About You’, which she launched on Myntra.
- She prefers using the lift rather than the stairs.
- In 2015, she founded the ‘Live Love Laugh Foundation‘, to prevent and deal with depression.
- She was offered a role in ‘Furious 7‘ (2015), but she declined the offer due to other commitments.
- Following the success of Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s ‘Bajirao Mastani,’ she became Bollywood’s highest-paid actress.
- She is very systematic at doing things and has a habit of listing down everything.
- She shared her teacher’s remarks on Instagram in October 2019. She used to be very talkative in class, according to her teacher.
- Before they tied the knot in November 2018, Deepika and Ranveer had been engaged for four years.
What Is The Net Worth Of Deepika Padukone?
According To Yahoo Finance, Deepika Padukone’s Net Worth Is Estimated To Be INR 310 Crore At The Moment. What’s More, Her Net Worth Has Seen A Growth Of Over 40 Percent In The Last Three Years.
Is Deepika South Indian?
Not Many People Know That Deepika Padukone Was A South Indian Actress Long Before She Became A Bollywood Star. She Made Her Acting Debut In The Kannada Movie Aishwarya In 2006. Born To Konkani-speaking Parents, Deepika Was Brought Up In Bangalore.
Is Deepika Padukone A Konkani?
Padukone Was Born On 5 January 1986 In Copenhagen, Denmark To Konkani-speaking Parents. Her father, Prakash Padukone, Is A Former Professional Badminton Player And Her Mother, Ujjala, Is A Travel Agent. Her Younger Sister, Anisha, Is A Golfer.