Deepika Padukone is one of the most tremendously paid actresses of Bollywood and Hollywood. She was born on 5 January 1986 in Copenhagen, Denmark. She is the daughter of former badminton Champion Prakash Padukone. Her mother tongue is Konkani. Deepika has a younger sister named Anisha. Her family moved to Bangalore, India when she was just eleven months old. Padukone is of Mangalorean origin, and her mother tongue is Konkani. Her ancestry hails from Padukone village in Kundapura, Taluk in Udupi District the state of Karnataka, India.
She has been modeling appearances in television, advertising campaigns for Liril, Close-Up toothpaste and Limca, receiving many prestigious modeling offers, including brand ambassadorship of the Jewels of India, an annual jewelry exhibition. She hit the international scene when Maybelline made her their new international cover-girl face.
- Pooja Hegde Bio, Height, Age, Family, Movies, Net Worth & Wiki
- Sudeep Bio, Age, Movies, Wife, Height, Net Worth & Wiki
Deepika Padukone Wiki/Bio
|Birth Name||Deepika Padukone|
|Nick Name||Deepi, Deepz|
|Age||(as in 2022) 36 Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Capricorn|
|Birth Place||Copenhagen, Denmark|
|Date of Birth||5 January 1986|
|Residence||B/Cozihom, Pali Hill, Bandra (West), Mumbai 400050|
|Home Town||Bengaluru, Karnataka, India|
|Hobbies||Dancing, Reading, Playing badminton, Cooking|
|Mother's Name||Ujjala Padukone (Worked as a Travel Agent)|
|Father's Name||Prakash Padukone (Former Indian Badminton Player)|
|Sister||Anisha Padukone (Younger, Golfer)|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Nihaar Pandya (Actor)|
Upen Patel (Actor)
Muzammil Ibrahim (Actor)
Yuvraj Singh (Cricketer)
Ranbir Kapoor (Actor)
Siddharth Mallya (Actor)
Ranveer Singh (Actor)
Marital Status, Husband and Children
|Marriage Date||14-15 November 2018|
|Wedding Place|| Lake Como, Lombardy, Italy|
|School||Sophia High School, Bengaluru|
|College/University||Mount Carmel College, Bengaluru|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Brands Endorsed||Not Known|
|Career Manager||Not Known|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm|
in meters- 1.73 m
in Feet Inches- 5'8"
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg|
in pounds- 121 lbs
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Not Known|
|S*xual Orientation||Not Known|
|Dress Size||Not Known|
|Shoe Size||Not Known|
|Likes ||Eating South Indian snacks, wearing Indian clothes like sarees, churidars, to put mascara, gym wear|
|Dislikes||Negativity, Wearing Designer Clothes|
|Tattoos|| A tattoo on Neck|
A tattoo on Ankle
|Food Habit|| Non-Vegetarian|
|Favourite Actress||Hema Malni, Sridevi, Madhuri Dixit, Kajol|
Film(s) Bollywood: Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge
Hollywood: Vicky Cristina Barcelona, The Color of Paradise, Cinderella Man
|Favourite Actors||Aamir Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Brad Pitt, Richard Gere|
|Favourite Colors||White, Mauve|
|Favourite Sport||Badminton, Football, Polo|
|Favourite Food|| Ravioli Bolognese, Pasta, Dal-Chawal, Biryani, Maharashtrian Varan, South Indian Food, Mediterranean Food, Dim Sum, Spaghetti, Pasta, Chocolates|
|Favourite Singers|| A.R. Rahman, Rihanna, Jennifer Lopez, Justin Bieber|
|Favourite Fashion Designers||Anju Modi, Tarun Tahiliani, Manish Malhotra, Rohit Bal|
|Favourite Fashion||Brand Zara|
|Favourite Holiday Destinations||France, Maldives|
|Favourite Restaurants||Olive, Mumbai|
Ram and Shyam, Mumbai
Ping Pong, London
Soho House, Toronto
Mabula, South Africa
|Controversies||• On 14 September 2014, the Times of India tweeted: "OMG: Deepika Padukone's cleavage show." After it, Deepika bashed at TOI's tweet for this inappropriate heading and tweeted, "Yes I am a woman. I have breasts. I have cleavage. You got a problem?." She also received support from both fans and film fraternity, after the Times of India published a report and a photo dedicated to the actress’s cleavage. Later, the story and tweet were removed from Twitter.|
• After her breakup with Ranbir Kapoor, she cheekily commented on Ranbir on a popular chat show "Koffee with Karan" that Ranbir should endorse a condom brand.
• After her marriage with Ranveer Singh, an Italian Sikh group alleged that the Sikh code of conduct was violated in their Sindhi-Punjabi wedding.
• On 7 January 2020, she joined the JNU vigil, in which many students were injured in the JNU hostel attacks, to show her support and condemn the brutal attack on JNU students that happened on 5 January 2020. The movie star was in town for the promotion of her movie Chhapaak and visited the protesting students at Jawaharlal Nehru University to express her solidarity against the JNU attack. She said, “I feel angry that this is happening. At the same time, it is a matter of concern that action is not being taken." Social media was abuzz with negative as well as positive comments from netizens with the hashtags ‘boycottchhapaak’ and 'IStandwithDeepika’ trending simultaneously on Twitter.
Padukone was born on 5 January 1986 in Copenhagen, Denmark to Konkani-speaking parents. Her father, Prakash Padukone, is a former professional badminton player and her mother, Ujjala, is a travel agent. Her younger sister, Anisha, is a golfer. Her paternal grandfather, Ramesh, was a secretary of the Mysore Badminton Association.
The family relocated to Bangalore, India when Padukone was a year old. She was educated at Bangalore’s Sophia High School and completed her pre-university education at Mount Carmel College. She subsequently enrolled at the Indira Gandhi National Open University for a Bachelor of Arts degree in sociology but later quit it due to scheduling conflicts with her modeling career.
Padukone has said that she was socially awkward as a child and did not have many friends. The focus of her life was badminton, which she played competitively from a young age. Describing her daily routine in a 2012 interview, Padukone said, “I would wake up at five in the morning, go for physical training, go to school, again go for playing badminton, finish my homework, and go to sleep.” Padukone continued to pursue a career in badminton throughout her school years and played the sport in national-level championships.
She also played baseball in a few state-level tournaments. While concentrating on her education and sporting career, Padukone also worked as a child model, first appearing in a couple of advertising campaigns at the age of eight. In the tenth grade, she changed focus and decided to become a fashion model. She later explained, “I realized that I was playing the game only because it ran in the family. So, I asked my father if I could give up the game and he wasn’t upset at all.” In 2004, she began a full-time career as a model under the tutelage of Prasad Bidapa.
Deepika was born on 5 January 1986 (Deepika Padukone age 36; as in 2022) in Copenhagen, Denmark and brought up in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India. She took a lot of interest in playing badminton since childhood and wanted to become a badminton player just like her father.
She played badminton in many national level championships during her school days. She also worked as a child model and appeared in several advertising campaigns when she was only eight. She later changed her mind, and instead of becoming a badminton player, she decided to become a fashion model.
Deepika Padukone Images
Deepika Padukone Net Worth
Deepika Padukone Net Worth is estimated Rs 103 crores. Mumbai is the home for many actors and artists thus, it is also known as the dream city and Bollywood is the place where most of the actor’s dreams come true.
One such actor is Deepika Padukone. She is also known as the female Hit Machine by most of her producers and directors. She is among the busiest actress of not only Bollywood but also internationally.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||Rs 103 crores|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Under Review|
|Salary||Rs. 10 crores per movie|
Here, we will discuss her movies, achievements, international projects and most importantly her earnings and net worth. Deepika is a film actress and is a professional model. Deepika’s debut movie was a Kannada film “Aishwarya”, soon she got her breakthrough opposite megastar Shahrukh Khan in the film “Om Shanti Om” in the year 2007. From then she never looked behind, she is now among the highest-paid actress of the world and also has one of the highest net worths in India.
The total net worth of Deepika Padukone is estimated to be 16 million USD, which in Indian currency is approximately 103 crores INR. She charges Rs. 10 crores for a movie. Deepika’s most of the earnings come from brand Endorsements for which she charges a whopping amount of Rs. 8 crores.
Also, it is observed that Deepika Padukone’s net worth had a rapid rise of 40% from the last three years. With such massive net worth and earnings, she also has a big heart for charity and sharing. Deepika has also adopted a village in Maharashtra.
In order to know about her net worth, we need to analyze her major assets.
Deepika Padukone Movies
Deepika Padukone announced in 2006 that she would make her First film debut with Aishwarya, a Kannada film directed by Indrajit Lankesh. The romantic comedy was a remake of the Telugu film Manmadhudu, and she was cast in the title role opposite the actor Upendra. The film proved to be a commercial success. RG Vijayasarathy of Rediff.com was appreciative of Padukone’s screen presence but added that “she needs to work on her emotional scenes.”
By the end of 2006, Farah Khan’s Happy New Year was shelved, and Khan had instead cast Padukone for the melodrama Om Shanti Om (2007). Set against the backdrop of the Hindi film industry, the film tells the story of a struggling actor in the 1970s who dies soon after witnessing the murder of the woman he loved and is reincarnated to avenge her death.
Shah Rukh Khan starred as the protagonist, and Padukone featured in dual roles of a leading actress of the 1970s, and later, an aspiring actress. In preparation for her role, Padukone watched several films of actresses Helen and Hema Malini to study their body language. Her voice was dubbed by the voice artist Mona Ghosh Shetty. For one of the songs in the film, “Dhoom Taana,” Padukone drew upon Indian classical dance, and according to Dorling Kindersley, “mesmerize audiences” by using hasta mudras (hand gestures).
Om Shanti Om was a commercial success, and emerged as the highest-grossing film of the year, with global revenue of ₹1.49 billion (US$21 million). Taran Adarsh of the entertainment portal Bollywood Hungama opined that she had “all it takes to be a top star”, and she was awarded the Filmfare Best Female Debut Award and received her first Filmfare Award for Best Actress nomination. Bollywood Hungama reported that the success of Om Shanti Om proved a breakthrough for her.
- Anu Emmanuel Bio, Age, Movies, Height, Pics, Net Worth & Wiki
- Puneet Issar Bio, Age, Height, Son, Movies, Net Worth & Wiki
|2007||Om Shanti Om |
|2008||Bachna Ae Haseeno |
|2009||Chandni Chowk to China |
Love Aaj Kal
Main Aurr Mrs. Khanna
|2010||Karthik Calling Karthik |
Break Ke Baad
Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey
|2011||Dum Maaro Dum |
|2013||Race 2 |
Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani
Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela
Happy New Year
|2015||My Choice |
|2017||xXx: Return of Xander Cage |
Some Known Facts About Deepika Padukone
- Does Deepika Padukone drink alcohol?: Yes
- Deepika was born into a Konkani family in Denmark, but her family moved back to Bengaluru when she was 11 months old.
- She was not a social person at a young Deepika Padukone Age and had very few friends.
- Inspired by her badminton legend father, Prakash Padukone, she started playing badminton at a young age and played State-level badminton till the 10th standard.
- Though she wanted to become a Badminton player, she changed her mind and started modeling.
- In order to become a model, she relocated to Mumbai from Bengaluru and stayed at her aunt’s home.
- Deepika made her first catwalk when she was 17 years old.
- Deepika won the “Model of the Year” award at the 5th annual Kingfisher Fashion Awards.
- In 2004, she came into limelight with her “oof yu maa!” ad for Liril Orange.
- It was Salman Khan who first spotted her talent and offered her a offer me a film, but at that time she had just started her modeling career and wasn’t ready to do films.
- In 2005, she first appeared in the song “Naam Hai Tera” from Himesh Reshammiya‘s hit album ‘Aap Kaa Surroor.’
- She has learned acting skills from Anupam Kher‘s ‘Actor Prepares‘ and dance from Shiamak Davar.
- Though Deepika was supposed to make her Bollywood debut with Sanjay Leela Bhansali‘s ‘Saawariya’, Bhansali played it safe and opted for Anil Kapoor‘s daughter’s formula, and replaced her with Sonam Kapoor.
- Farah Khan approached Deepika to sign her for her film ‘Happy New Year‘, but later on the film was canceled (later released in 2014 starring Deepika) and she was later signed up for ‘Om Shanti Om’ (2007), which became a blockbuster and made her star overnight.
- In 2008, she was ranked #1 in Indian Maxim’s ‘Hot 100’ list.
- In 2009, Deepika worked as a freelance writer for HT City, the lifestyle supplement of Hindustan Times.
- For her role as “Suzy” in the film ‘Chandni Chowk to China’ (2009), she learned a Japanese martial art form “Jujutsu”, and performed all the stunts herself.
- In 2010, she adopted a village in Ambegaon, Maharashtra, to provide the villagers with the basic amenities, such as – water and electricity.
- In 2012, she was named ‘India’s Most Beautiful Woman‘ by the Indian edition of People magazine.
- Deepika has a clothing label ‘All About You’, which she launched on Myntra.
- She prefers using the lift rather than the stairs.
- In 2015, she founded the ‘Live Love Laugh Foundation‘, to prevent and deal with depression.
- She was offered a role in ‘Furious 7‘ (2015), but she declined the offer due to other commitments.
- In 2016, she became the highest-paid actress of Bollywood after the grand success of Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s ‘Bajirao Mastani.’
- She is very systematic at doing things and has a habit of listing down everything.
- In October 2019, she shared her teacher’s remarks on her Instagram. As per her teacher’s remarks, she used to be very talkative in class.
- Deepika and Ranveer were engaged 4 years before they tied the knot in November 2018.
What Is The Net Worth Of Deepika Padukone?
According To Yahoo Finance, Deepika Padukone’s Net Worth Is Estimated To Be ₹102 Crore At The Moment. What’s More, Her Net Worth Has Seen A Growth Of Over 40 Percent In The Last Three Years.
Is Deepika South Indian?
Not Many People Know That Deepika Padukone Was A South Indian Actress Long Before She Became A Bollywood Star. She Made Her Acting Debut In The Kannada Movie Aishwarya In 2006. Born To Konkani-speaking Parents, Deepika Was Brought Up In Bangalore.
Is Deepika Padukone A Konkani?
Padukone Was Born On 5 January 1986 In Copenhagen, Denmark To Konkani-speaking Parents. Her father, Prakash Padukone, Is A Former Professional Badminton Player And Her Mother, Ujjala, Is A Travel Agent. Her Younger Sister, Anisha, Is A Golfer.