The Colombian professional footballer Davinson Sanchez Mina (born 12 June 1996) plays as a center-back for Premier League club Tottenham Hotspur and for the Colombian national team. In 2013, Sánchez made his professional debut for Atlético Nacional after initially studying at America de Cali’s youth academy. Over his time at Nacional, he has won four domestic league titles, two Copa Colombia, the Superliga Colombiana, and the Copa Libertadores.
In 2016, Sanchez made the transition to European football by joining Eredivisie side AFC Ajax. He won the Ajax Player of the Year Award in his first season with the club and reached the 2017 UEFA Europa League Final. In 2017, Sanchez became Tottenham Hotspur’s club-record signing for approximately £42 million, a record that has only been surpassed by Tanguy Ndombélé.
A Colombian U-17 and U-20 squad member, Sanchez played in the 2013 South American U-17 Championship and the 2015 FIFA U-20 World Cup for Colombia. His senior debut for Colombia was in 2016 and he has represented his country at two editions of the Copa América, as well as the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
Davinson Sanchez Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Davinson Sanchez. It gives you the ability to read through the Colombian footballer’s profile as fast as possible.
|Birth Name||Davinson Sánchez Mina|
|Nickname/ Popular Name/ Shirt Name||The Rock|
|Age||27 (as in 2023) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Gemini|
|Birth Place||Caloto, Colombia|
|Date of Birth||12 June 1996|
|Home Town||Caloto, Colombia|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Horse Riding, Swimming|
|Mother's Name||Esther Mina|
|Father's Name||Not Available|
|Brother(s)||Erik Sayc Vasquez Mina|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Wife/Spouse||Daniela Reina (m. 2018)|
|School||Atlético Nacional youth academy|
|College/University||Atlético Nacional youth academy|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||Villarreal & Schena|
|Debut For Current Club Team||• 2017: Tottenham Hotspur|
|Debut For Current Senior International Team||• 2016: Colombian national football team|
|Jersey Number (2022-23)||• 6 (Tottenham Hotspur)|
• 23 (Colombian national football team)
|Current Teams||• Tottenham Hotspur|
• Colombian national football team
|Position||Defender - Centre-Back|
• Categoría Primera A: 2013 Apertura, 2013 Finalización, 2014 Apertura, 2015 Finalización
• Copa Colombia: 2012, 2013
• Superliga Colombiana: 2016; runner-up: 2014, 2015
• Copa Libertadores: 2016
• Copa Sudamericana runner-up: 2016
• UEFA Europa League runner-up: 2016–17
• EFL Cup runner-up: 2020–21
• UEFA Champions League runner-up: 2018–19
• CONCACAF–CONMEBOL play-off for the 2016 Summer Olympics: 2016
• Ajax Player of the Year (Rinus Michels Award): 2016–17
• UEFA Champions League Breakthrough XI: 2017
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 187 cm|
in meters- 1.87 m
in feet inches- 6'2"
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 81 kg|
in pounds- 179 lbs
|Chest Size||41 inches|
|Biceps Size||12 inches|
|Waist Size||32 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Colombian|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||8 U.S.|
|Shoe Size||10 U.S.|
|Favorite Playing Position||Defender|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Food||Fruits and Veg|
|Favorite Player||Not Available|
|Favorite Pet Animal||Dog|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
A football genius best known by the nickname “The Rock” is the subject of Woodgram’s Full Story. A detailed account of notable events from Davinson Sanchez’s childhood is provided in our Davinson Sanchez Childhood Story plus Untold Biography Facts.
As part of the analysis, we discuss his family background, his life story before fame, his rise to fame story, his relationship, and his personal life. Additionally, little is known about his off-pitch activities. Yes, everyone is aware of his excellent defensive abilities. Only a few people take the time to read Davinson Sanchez’s biography, which is quite interesting. Let us now begin without further ado.
Damian Szymanski Biography, Age, Wife, Transfer, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Davinson Sanchez Family Background
To begin with, his full name is Davinson Sanchez Mina. It was on the 12th of June 1996 that Davinson Sanchez was born to his mother, Esther Mina. He was born in Caloto, a town in Colombia, to a relatively unknown father. As an Afro-Colombian, Davidson was born into a family of Columbian descent.
His parents, who operated a middle-class family household, raised Davinson in a strict Catholic manner as a child. Sanchez’s father worked in the production department of a sugar mill, whereas his mother, Esther Mina, was in the sales department.
Sanchez was never alone during his early years. As a child, he grew up with his older sister Angelica Sanchez and a younger brother, Felipe Sanchez, who appears to be the last child of the Sanchez family. As a child, Davinson Sanchez spent much of his time with a family relative as well as his mother, who played an important role in his upbringing.
What Led Davinson Sanchez To Enter And Cement His Position In The World Of Football?
Sanchez’s passion for the game stems from his early days at Caloto, a small town in South America. During that time, he traveled four hours daily back and forth to attend training with his youth club, America de Cali.
Sanchez became frustrated about his dreams of becoming a professional footballer as a result of this. As a result of this frustration, his relationship with his teammates also suffered.
Relocation of the family
A job offer in Medellin, Columbia’s second-largest city, gave Davinson Sanchez’s family an opportunity to improve their standard of living.
This also resulted in their youngster’s son relocating with his mother, father, and siblings. Davinson had a successful trial at Athletico Nacional in Medellin.
Rise to Fame of Davinson Sanchez
After a successful trial, Sanchez continued his football education under the guidance of Juan Carlos Osorio. A former Colombian footballer, Carlos Osorio later became a manager and strict disciplinarian.
Despite Sanchez’s reputation as being a wayward and frustrated midfielder, Osorio was able to instill discipline in him. Sanchez gave everything he had, including his position on the field. Upon completing all the responsibilities assigned to him, Carlos Osorio converted Sanchez into a center-back.
It did not take long for Sanchez to become well-integrated into the club’s culture and with the players. At the age of 17, Sanchez progressed through all academy youth ranks and was eventually promoted to the club’s senior squad.
Sanchez was approached by Barcelona as a result of his performance for Nacional. The offer from Barcelona was tempting, but Sanchez declined because it was for the club’s Team B, not its senior team. Rather than getting caught up in transfer talks, Sanchez chose to concentrate on creating a legacy for his club. It was finally achieved when he led his team to victory in the 2016 Copa Libertadores.
In the same month in which he won the trophy, European clubs began to circle him like sharks. In June 2016, Ajax won his heart and made his journey to Europe possible. Sanchez quickly adapted to Ajax’s ball-playing, possession-based style with a pass success rate of nearly 90%, the highest in the league.
Sanchez has been credited with providing defensive platforms that have enabled Jan Vertonghen and Toby Alderweireld to construct plays from the back. As they say, the rest is history.
Josip Stanisic Biography, Age, Parents, Wife, Bayern, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Davinson Sanchez’s Love-Life With His Wife Daniela Reina
Like Luis Diaz, the Defender loves someone from his country instead of Europe or the UK. Davinson Sanchez has been dating Daniela Reina, his childhood sweetheart.
Daniela Reina still works to earn money, despite having a millionaire boyfriend. At the time of writing, she’s a manager in a UK company. He’s social, communicative, and always ready to take his girlfriend to parks and gardens. He’s not just into dinner dates and movies.
Around August 2018, he decided to make a bold move. Sanchez got married to his longtime girlfriend. Their wedding photos weren’t just pretty. Definitely tells the story of their most memorable day.
Davinson Sanchez and his wife Daniela Reina were blessed with a son named Salvi born on 10 November 2020.
Davinson Sanchez Net Worth
In 2023, what will Davinson Sanchez’s salary be?
In Aug 2017 Davinson Sanchez signed a contract with Tottenham Hotspur that extended in May 2018 and ends in 2024 which netted him a whopping salary of £5,949,000 per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns £16,343 per day and £681 per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2023
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||12 Million Euro (10.6 Million Pound)|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||8 Million Euro (7 Million Pound)|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||6 Million Euro|
|SALARY UPDATE 2023||His current club salary and several other earnings are included in the salary data below.|
|Annual or Per Year Salary||£5,949,000|
|Per Month Salary||£495,750|
|Per Week Salary||£114,400|
|Per Day Salary||£16,343|
|Per Hour Salary||£681|
|Per Minute Salary||£11.3|
|Current Contract||With Tottenham Hotspur|
|Contract Signed/Extension||Aug 23, 2017|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2024|
|Contract Signing Amount or Transfer Fee||$46.20 Million|
|Market Value||$30.80 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$66.00 Million (Dec 10, 2019)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||Not Available|
His stock is on the rise thanks to his performances on the pitch. Davinson Sanchez has an estimated net worth of around 12 million euros (10.6 million pounds), and his market value is about $30.80 million.
Davinson Sanchez FIFA 22 – Potential And Rating
In FIFA 22, Davinson Sanchez has an overall rating of 79 with a potential of 80. Davinson Sanchez has got a 2-star skillmoves rating.
Davinson Sanchez FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|78||Heading Accuracy||27||FK Accuracy|
|73||Short Passing||67||Long Passing|
|78||Defensive Awareness||84||Sliding Tackle|
He prefers to shoot with his right foot. His workrates are Medium / High. Davinson Sanchez’s height is 187 cm and his weight is estimated at 81 kg according to our database. Currently, Davinson Sanchez is playing with the numbers 6 and 23.
Krzysztof Piatek Biography, Age, Parents, Wife, Salary, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- During his youth, Sánchez played for América de Cali, but after his parents moved, he joined Atlético Nacional, where Juan Carlos Osorio provided him with an excellent education.
- On 27 October 2013, the defender made his debut for the senior team in a 0-1 loss to Boyacá Chicó.
- As a result of Osorio’s decision, the player was put into the starting lineup and he played the entire game.
- In the Copa Libertadores, Sánchez scored his first goal for Nacional in a 3–0 victory over Sporting Cristal from Peru on 2 March 2016.
- Foreign clubs, including Barcelona, Flamengo, and Ajax, expressed an interest in signing him as a result of his performance for Nacional.
- FC Barcelona made a formal offer to sign Sanchez, but Sanchez declined the offer because he did not wish to play for FC Barcelona B, the club’s reserve team.
- Against Ecuadorian Independiente del Valle, he won the Copa Libertadores 2016.
Davinson Sanchez At Ajax
- In June 2016, Sanchez signed a five-year contract with Dutch club Ajax until 2021. Atlético Nacional received a transfer fee of €5 million from the club.
- Sánchez’s compatriot Mateo Cassierra had been signed by Ajax a few days earlier, making him the second Colombian in the team.
- Sanchez joined his new team after Nacional had completed its participation in the Copa Libertadores.
- On 13 August, Sanchez made his Ajax debut in a 2–2 tie against Roda JC Kerkrade, in which he started and played 90 minutes.
- On 24 September, he scored his first goal for the club against PEC Zwolle.
- He was selected as Ajax’s best player of the season on 8 May 2017.
Davinson Sanchez Transfer To Tottenham Hotspur
- According to reports, Tottenham Hotspur agreed to sign Sánchez to a six-year contract subject to a work permit for a reported transfer fee of £42 million on 18 August 2017.
- In a 1–1 draw with Burnley on 27 August, he made his debut as a substitute for Mousa Dembélé.
- In May 2018, Sanchez signed a new contract with Tottenham, which will keep him at the club until 2024.
- Sánchez scored his first goal for Tottenham against Leicester City on 10 February 2019.
- In the 2019 Champions League Final against Liverpool, Sanchez was an unused substitute for Tottenham.
- Sanchez scored two goals in the 2020–21 FA Cup fifth-round match against Everton on 11 February 2021, his first goal in two years. Tottenham eventually lost by a score of 5–4 after extra time.
Karol Linetty Biography, Age, Parents, Wife, Transfer, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- Sánchez was called up by Colombia manager José Pékerman to train with the senior Colombia squad in February 2016.
- It was announced on 26 August 2022 that he would be selected to play for Colombia in the 2018 World Cup qualifiers against Venezuela and Brazil. Sánchez made his debut against Argentina on 19 November.
- His name was included in Colombia’s preliminary 35-man squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia in May 2018.
- His name was included in Colombia’s final 23-man squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia in June 2018. As a member of the team, he participated in all three group matches and the round of 16 matches against England.
- In June 2019, he made his debut in three of the four games at the 2019 Copa América, helping the team keep a clean sheet and defeating Argentina for the first time in 12 years.
- However, the team lost in a penalty shootout to Chile in the quarter-finals.
- A 23-man squad for the 2021 Copa América in Brazil was announced on 10 June 2021 by Reinaldo Rueda.
- In the third-place playoff, Colombia defeated Peru 3–2 to win the bronze. He appeared in all of Colombia’s matches.
Sebastian Coates Biography, Age, Wife, Liverpool, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
He belongs to Caloto, a town, and municipality in the Cauca Department, Guasimo, Colombia.
He is right-footed.
Colombia international defender Davinson Sanchez joined Tottenham from Ajax in August 2017.
He plays as a defender.
After reading his biography, you will agree with me that Davinson Sanchez worked so hard to achieve success. Even poor kids from the slum can dream big and achieve their dreams thanks to him.
It is important to note that his father and mother were key catalysts in his success story. His career life would not be the same without their contributions. They deserve all the accolades for what they have done.
In addition, his sibling’s and friends’ efforts should not be overlooked. As a result of them, he never experienced loneliness or depression during his childhood. Davinson Sanchez has grown into a cheerful youth as a result of them.
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of the Colombian footballer. Hopefully, Davinson Sanchez’s childhood story has made you believe that patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in the article on Davinson Sanchez.