Luis Suarez, the star striker of Uruguay’s national soccer team, went on to play for Ajax and Liverpool before joining the Spanish giants FC Barcelona. While he became famous for all the wrong reasons, including biting Giorgio Chiellini during a 2014 world cup match, he has made a real impact on the sport.
However, he is still known as one of the best strikers in the world and has twice won the Golden Boot award and been the top scorer in Europe. Due to his poverty-stricken upbringing as well as a broken family where his father abandoned him, his aggressive nature on the field may be attributed to a “tough upbringing.”. As a result of his marriage to his childhood sweetheart, his life has taken an upward spiral and he is back on track. As of today, he is one of the world’s highest-paid footballers.
Luis Suarez Wiki/Bio
|Birth Name||Luis Alberto Suárez Díaz|
|Nick Name||• El Pistolero|
• Mi Negrito
• The Cannibal
|Age||36 (as in 2023) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Aquarius|
|Birth Place||Salto, Uruguay|
|Date of Birth||24 January 1987|
|Residence||Castelldefels, Spain (ES)|
|Hobbies||Watching movies & listening to music.|
|Mother’s Name||Sandra Suárez|
|Father’s Name||Rodolfo Suárez|
|Brothers||• Paolo Suárez|
• Facundo Suárez
• Maximiliano Suárez
• Diego Suárez
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Marriage Date||12 May 2010|
|School||Orchard View High School|
|College/University||Muskegon Community College|
|Educational Qualification||Not Available|
|Profession||Uruguayan Professional Footballer|
|Brands Endorsed||• Adidas|
|Career Manager||Not Available|
|Debut International||In May 2005 against Junior de Barranquilla|
|Coach/Mentor||Luis Enrique (2015)|
|Records (main ones)||• In 2010 he became the top scorer in KNVB cup with 35 goals in 33 matches.|
• In 2010-11 season he scored his 100th Ajax goal.
• In February 2012 he won football league cup with the club.
• In April 2014 he was named PFA player of the year & FWA footballer of the year.
• He has won premier league golden boot.
• With 45 goals in 84 games for Uruguay, he is all time record scorer for his national team.
• At 2011 Copa America he scored 4 goals with Uruguay’s Copa America win, he was named Player of the tournament.
• In October 2015 he scored his 300th goal for club and country.
• Suárez has won Pichichi trophy as well as his second European golden shoe, for which he became the first player since 2009 to win both awards after Messi and Ronaldo.
• Suárez is regarded as one of the best striker of the world.
|Career Turning Point||In 2010 in Ajax win; he became the top scorer as he scored 35 goals in 33 goals|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 182 cm|
in meters- 1.82 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 0”
|Weight (Approx.)||in Kilograms- 81 kg|
in Pounds- 179 lbs
|Chest Size||38 inches|
|Biceps Size||15 inches|
|Waist Size||33 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Uruguayan|
|Dress Size||Not Available|
|Shoe Size||10 (U.S.)|
|Favourite Footballer ||Ronaldo|
|Favourite Actor||Leonardo Dicaprio|
|Favourite Food||Chicken Wings, Salad|
|Controversies||• In 2010, he was in news for bitting dutch player Otman bakkal. Also in 2013 he bit Branislav Ivanovic, a serbian player, again in 2014 he bit italian player Giorgio Chiellini.|
Luis Alberto Suarez Diaz was born on 24 January 1987 in Salto, Uruguay, to Rodolfo and Sandra Suarez. He was the son of a porter from a poor mixed background with African ancestry. When Luis Suárez was seven years old, his family moved to Montevideo for work.
He has seven siblings. A professional footballer, Paolo Suarez, of Guatemala’s National Football League is also his elder brother. Their childhood years were characterized by poverty, and even soccer boots were difficult to afford. Nevertheless, Luis continued to play the sport he had started on the street.
His mother introduced him to the wealthy football club Urreta in Montevideo, which encouraged him to follow the game. In his first friendly match as a substitute, Suarez scored a hat-trick and from that point on, he started gaining recognition as an outstanding player.
Wilson Pirez, a scout for the Nacional youth team, discovered him at the age of nine while he was playing for Urreta. During his teenage years, his father walked out on the family, leaving his mother and grandmother to raise him and his brothers on their own. Then, Suarez was preparing for a career opportunity with Nacional.
Neither academics nor football was of strong interest to him at first. However, the fact that he had to earn an income and his family circumstances drove him to take up the sport. He was a troubled teenager who drank as a teen, but things changed after meeting Sofia Balbi at the age of 15. She has been a positive influence on his life and is now his wife.
As a child, he faced a difficult life and kept bad company, which may explain his aggression on the field. So on that day when he met the girl he eventually married, that might also explain his behavior on the field. After spending time with Sofia Balbi as a child, he married her in 2009. The couple has a son and a daughter named Benjamin and Delfina. Her strength and sobering influence have always been his wife.
Luis Suarez Net Worth
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$80 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$70 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$55 million|
|Annual Salary||$20 Million|
|Income Source||Uruguayan Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||• BMW|
• Range Rover
• Mercedes Benz
His status as one of the best strikers in the world makes him a star worth a million dollars. Suarez has an estimated net worth of $80 million.
Luis Suárez’s net worth has increased by 33% over the past few years. The increasing popularity and fantastic performances contributed greatly to the increase of his net worth. Suarez lives in Montevideo, Uruguay. The luxury home he purchased in 2014 cost him $30 million. Approximately $3.2 million is the estimated value of his property.
In his career, Suarez has earned an astounding $17.3 million in salary. The salary of his football career has increased constantly as his growth has been phenomenal. The year 2014 brought him $4.4 million, and 2015 brought him $7.3 million. The salary he received in 2016 was $12. 2 million.
Luis Suárez earned $27 million between June 2019 and June 2020, of which $20 million was salary and $7 million was endorsements.
- His first professional match was against Copa Libertadores for the Nacional youth club. A powerful overhead kick by Suarez got him his first senior-level goal despite a 3-2 loss.
- His career for Nacional included 34 appearances and 12 goals. He helped them win the Uruguayan League in 2005-2006 as their main striker.
- In 2007, he played in the United States and Canada in the U-20 World Cup, which is known as the World Cup of U20 football. The USA won the tournament, but Argentina came in second. Experiencing international professional football helped Suarez understand its dynamics.
- Ajax and Groningen football clubs offered him professional contracts after the U20 World Cup. In 2013, Ajax bought him for 7.5 million Euros after he joined Groningen for a short time.
- Luis Suárez scored 111 goals in 159 games in his five-year contract with Ajax and was named Dutch Footballer of the Year after his very first season.
- The following year, Luis Suárez became one of Liverpool FC’s most expensive players after joining for 22.8 million Euros. Luis Suárez won the ‘Golden Boot’ for himself as well as for his team’s winning the Champions League. In addition, he was named the Player of the Year in the PFA and Footballer of the Year in the FWA.
- Due to Luis’ desire to be closer to his wife, he left Liverpool to become a member of Barcelona FC. Messi and Neymar are their two other main strikers. The team won the prestigious continental treble consisting of La Liga, Copa dal Rey, and UEFA Champions League for the second time after he joined.
- As Uruguay finished in fourth place at the 2010 FIFA World Cup, Suarez played a pivotal role. During the 2011 Copa America, he helped claim the title of Player of the Tournament for his national team, which broke a record.
- A hat-trick against Chile earned him the most points for the national team at the 2012 Olympic Games.
- His goal against Spain in Uruguay’s opening game of the 2013 Confederations Cup made him the star player of Uruguay.
- In 2014, Luis Suárez scored his 40th international goal for his country during the FIFA World Cup in Brazil.
- On 11 August 2015, Suárez opened the 2015-16 season with a goal and an assist in Barcelona’s 5–4 extra-time victory over Sevilla in the UEFA Super Cup. His performance earned him a place among the three finalists for the 2015 UEFA Best Player in Europe Award.
- Sergi Roberto assisted Suárez with a backheel during a 2–0 away win against Getafe on 31 October. On this day, he scored his 300th senior career goal, the 11th of the season. The 21st took place on November 21 and Luis Suárez scored twice in Barcelona’s 4–0 victory over Real Madrid.
- Suárez scored four goals in a 7–0 Copa del Rey victory against Valencia on 3 February 2016. During the second leg of Barcelona’s Champions League round of 16 ties against Arsenal on 16 March, he scored an acrobatic goal.
- His two goals gave Barcelona a 2–1 comeback victory over Atlético Madrid during their first leg of the quarter-finals, but Barcelona lost the second leg and was eliminated from the competition.
- On the final day of the 2015–16 La Liga season, Suárez scored a hat-trick in a 3–0 victory at Granada, securing a second consecutive Spanish championship for Barça and registering 40 league goals for the season to win his first Pichichi Trophy and a second European Golden Shoe.
- Barcelona’s 2016 Supercopa de Espa*a first leg match against Sevilla, in which Barcelona won 2–0, was Suárez’s first goal in the 2016–17 season. Suárez scored a hat-trick in Barcelona’s 6–2 victory over Real Betis in the opening game of the 2016–17 La Liga season. It was his first free-kick goal for the club. Barcelona lost 1–2 to Alavés in Suárez’s 100th appearance.
- In his first 100 games for Barcelona, Luis Suárez had 88 goals and 43 assists, more than Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi combined. Ronaldo contributed 95 goals and 29 assists, and Messi had 41 goals and 14 assists in his first 100 games.
- Uruguay manager Tabárez included Luis Suárez in the final 23-man squad for the 2019 Copa América in Brazil in March 2019. In the opening match of the tournament, the team beat Ecuador 4–0 in my first goal. I also set up Nicolás Lodeiro’s opening goal.
- As a result of his opening strike on 8 October 2020, Suárez became the first player to score the opening goal three times in competition history (following goals he scored in 2010 and 2014). As a result of his brace during the game against Ecuador on 14 October, he overtook Brazil’s Ronaldo from the list of the most goals scored by South American players during competitive international matches.
- As Uruguay’s second group match of the 2021 Copa América in Brazil approaches, Suárez scores in a 1–1 draw against Chile. Despite a goalless draw, Uruguay lost on penalties to Colombia in the quarterfinals.
Facts About Luis Suarez
- Does Luis Suárez smoke?: Not Known
- Does Luis Suárez drink alcohol?: Yes
- The nickname ‘Mi Negrito’ he received from his grandmother was a term used by his grandmother to describe him as a little black boy.
- The elder brother of Luis Suárez, Paolo Suárez, is also a professional footballer.
- Luis Suárez was poor in his childhood. It was he who cleaned streets.
- His first goal came in September 2005.
- His move from Liverpool to Barcelona in 2014 for 65 million dollars made him the most expensive player in the history of the sport.
- Several Dutch and Italian players had been bitten by him.
- The Uruguayan has scored 45 goals in 84 matches, which makes him the best goal scorer in Uruguayan history.
- In addition to the Pichichi Trophy, this Uruguayan star was also awarded the Premier league Golden Boot.
- He was named Player of the Tournament at the 2011 Copa American tournament.
- He released his own auto-biography name “Crossing the line-My story” in 2014.
As one of the biggest talents in his home country of Uruguay, he holds a special place in the country’s history. In the history of the teams from Groningen province, the transfer between Nacional and FC Groningen, which cost 1.5 million Euros, was the biggest purchase ever.
Luis Alberto Suárez Díaz
In his Football challenge with Henderson and Coates, you can hear him speaking some English. The act of yelling obscene words at a ref does not require much linguistic competence.
Uruguay national football team and Atlético Madrid
Known as one of the best strikers of his generation and among the greatest of all time, Suárez has won nineteen trophies in his career, including seven league titles and a Champions League title for his club as well as the 2011 Copa América with Uruguay.