Christopher Maurice Brown more famously known as Chris Brown (born May 5, 1989) is an American singer, songwriter, dancer, and actor. Billboard calls Brown “the King of R&B” and says he’s one of the most successful R&B singers of his generation. His music has been described as polyhedric, with several influences from hip-hop and pop music mixed into his R&B. Most of the lyrics he writes are about s*x, romance, the fast life, desire, regret, and emotional conflict. Due to his stage presence, Brown has a cult following and is compared to Michael Jackson. RIAA certified Brown’s debut studio album, self-titled, triple platinum in 2004, after signing with Jive Records.
The first male to top the Billboard Hot 100 since 1995, Brown’s debut single “Run It!” topped the chart. His second album, Exclusive (2007), spawned his second Billboard Hot 100 number one, “Kiss Kiss”. Brown pleaded guilty in 2009 to assaulting Rihanna, his former girlfriend. Compared to his previous works, his third album, Graffiti, was a commercial failure. Brown’s fourth album, F.A.M.E. (2011), became the first album to top the Billboard 200 after Graffiti. He won the Grammy Award for Best R&B Album for the album containing the commercially successful singles “Yeah 3x”, “Look at Me Now”, and “Beautiful People”. In 2012, Fortune, his fifth album, topped the Billboard 200.
His 2017 double-disc album, Heartbreak on a Full Moon, which contains 45 tracks, followed the release of X (2014) and Royalty (2015). During its first week of release, the Recording Industry Association of America certified the album gold for combined sales and album-equivalent units exceeding 500,000 units, and it was later certified Double Platinum. The ninth studio album from Brown, Indigo, debuted at the top of the Billboard 200 in 2019. In addition to the Drake featured track, the album broke a record for longest-running number one on Billboard’s R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay chart with “No Guidance”. In 2020, Young Thug and Slime & B released the track “Go Crazy” as part of a collaborative mixtape.
One of the world’s best-selling music artists, Brown has sold over 197 million records worldwide. Among the top African American touring artists of all time. He has the most Billboard Hot 100 entries and top 40 hits of any R&B singer in history. In addition, Brown ranked third on Billboard’s R&B/Hip-Hop artist chart. The Grammy Award winner has also won 18 BET Awards, four Billboard Music Awards, and thirteen Soul Train Music Awards. Additionally, Brown is an actor. His feature film debut was in 2007, and he appeared on The O.C. as a guest. Besides This Christmas (2007), Brown has also appeared in Takers (2010), Think Like a Man (2012), Battle of the Year (2013), and She Ball (2020).
Chris Brown Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Chris Brown. It allows you to read through the famous American singer, songwriter, dancer, and actor’s profile as quickly as possible.
|Birth Name/ Real Name||Christopher Maurice Brown|
|Nickname/ Popular Name||• C. Sizzle|
|Age||34 Years (as of 2023)|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Taurus|
|Birth Place||Tappahannock, Virginia, U.S.|
|Date of Birth||5 May 1989|
|Residence||19602 W Citrus Ridge Dr, Tarzana, California, U.S.|
|Home Town||Tappahannock, Virginia, U.S.|
|Hobbies||Reading, Listening and Writing Music, Art, Philanthropy|
|Mother's Name||Joyce Hawkins (Former Day-care Director)|
|Father's Name||Clinton Brown (Correction Officer)|
|Sister(s)||Lytrell Bundy (Works in Bank)|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Briona Mae|
• Rhea Dummett
• Natalie Mejia (2009)
• Amber Rose (2009)
• Natalie Nunn (2009)
• Joanna Hernandez (2009)
• Jasmine Sanders (2010)
• Simply jess (2010-2012)
• Karrueche Tran (2010-2015)
• Draya Michele (2011-2012)
• Keisha Kimball (2013)
• Karizma Ramir (2013)
• Nia Amey (2013)
• Vanessa Vargas (2017)
• Agnez Mo (2018)
• Ammika Harris (2019)
• Indyamarie (2019)
• Gina V. Huynh (2020)
• Diamond Brown (2021-2022)
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Children||Daughter(s)- • Royalty Brown (with Nia Guzman-Amey)|
• Lovely Symphani Brown (with Diamond Brown)
Son(s)- Aeko Catori Brown (with Ammika Harris)
|School||• Essex High School|
|Educational Qualification||High School drop out in 2004|
|Profession||Singer, songwriter, dancer, and actor|
|Debut||June 30, 2005 with "Run It!"|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 185 cm|
in meters- 1.85 m
in feet inches- 6'1"
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 71 kg|
in pounds- 157 lbs
|Chest Size||42 inches|
|Biceps Size||16 inches|
|Waist Size||32 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Afro-American|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Distinctive Features||• Multi-talented personality|
|Dress Size||8 U.S.|
|Shoe Size||11 U.S.|
|Favorite Color||Grey and Red|
|Favorite Pet Animal||Dog|
|Favorite Show||Boondocks The Tyra Bank Show|
|Favorite Food||Pasta, Sushi, Lobster, Strawberry Cheescake.|
|Favorite Accessories||Sunglasses, hats and Watches|
|Favorite Artists||Michael Jackson and Usher|
Chris Brown Family- Parents, Siblings, And Education
Chris Brown was born as Christopher Maurice Brown in the small town of Tappahannock, Virginia, to his mother Joyce Hawkins, a former daycare center director, and his father Clinton Brown, a corrections officer at a local prison.
Lytrell Bundy, his older sister, works in a bank. Since he was a kid, music has always been a part of Brown’s life. Eventually, he got into hip-hop after listening to soul albums his parents owned.
He started singing and dancing at a young age and cites Michael Jackson as an inspiration. He started singing in his church choir and performing at local talent shows. When he mimicked Usher’s “My Way”, his mom recognized his vocal talent, and they started looking for record deals.
Meanwhile, Brown was going through a lot. In the aftermath of his parent’s divorce, his mom’s boyfriend subjected her to domestic violence.
What Chris Brown Thinks About Religion
During an interview, Brown said his upbringing was very simple: “We were used to two pairs of shoes for a school year. We went to church every day. I had more church clothes than school clothes.”
He’s also talked about his second work of grace, saying he felt the Holy Spirit while singing ‘His Eye is on the Sparrow’ in church. Upon his release from jail on June 2, 2014, Brown wrote that he was “Humbled and Blessed” and tweeted “Thank you, God.”
During a media interview in 2015, he said, “God is the only thing he’s afraid of”.
When he was talking about prayers, he said:
“I pray every day, and I believe we also pray unconsciously. Personally, I do not pray for success, but rather for knowledge, understanding, and peace of mind. Because it is a big world and it is easy to get caught up trying to please every city, I try to pray for peace of mind and understanding, being at peace with my faults and my abilities”.
He added: “I am fine with that. So I believe once He shows me certain things or even the choices I make, and the decisions that I make, that are healthy for me. I am shown the right path by him. When I bless other people, He always blesses me in return. There is no self-serving journey involved; it is only a learning experience. It is important for me to learn about people’s experiences. It is important for me to provide them with experiences as well.”
Chris Brown Net Worth, House, And Business Ventures
It is estimated that Chris Brown has a net worth of $60 million.
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2023
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$60 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$50 Million|
|Annual or Per Year Salary||$5 Million+|
|Income Source||Singer, songwriter, dancer, and actor|
|Endorsements||• Avianne Jewelers|
• BAPE (A Bathing Ape)
• Black Pyramid
• Childsplay Clothing
|House||19602 W Citrus Ridge Dr, Tarzana, CA 91356 (Hollywood Hills Ped)|
|Cars Collection||• Lamborghini Eventide|
• Dodge Viper
• Range Rover
• Lamborghini Eventide Roadster
• Lamborghini Gallardo
• Lamborghini Eventide Lap 700
• Lamborghini Hurricane
• Ford Mustang Shelby GT500
• Rolls Royce Race
• Rolls Royce Dawn
• Bugatti Veyron
• Bentley Antigenome 16
In several interviews, Chris has stated that he owns 14 Burger King restaurants. His clothing line, Black Pyramid, was launched in 2012. In 2007, he established a record label called Chris Brown Entertainment under Interscope.
In 2014, Chris moved into a four-bedroom hilltop mansion in Tarzana, California as his primary residence. For $4.35 million, he purchased a home with 8,000 square feet on 0.75 acres.
He lived in a $1.5 million hillside home in the Hollywood Hills from 2011 to 2015. After a dispute with neighbors over graffiti he added to the exterior of the mansion, he vacated the property. He previously owned a condo in West Hollywood, which he purchased in 2002.
He was evicted from this condominium by the homeowners association due to excessive noise and alleged hallway dog races. Frequently, he parked his car in the handicap parking spaces of the building. This property was sold for $1.6 million, approximately what he paid for it in 2011.
Love Story Of Chris Brown And Rihanna
There was a time when Rihanna and Chris Brown were among Hollywood’s most popular couples. Discover the deep insights about their relationship from their first meeting to the tragic end of their whirlwind romance by continuing to scroll down.
Do You Know When Rihanna And Chris Brown First Met?
It was in 2005 that Rihanna met Chris for the first time. Their paths crossed at Met Circa in 2005, but they did not begin dating until 2007. They were just teenagers at the time when they made it big in the music industry.
Additionally, Queen RiRi and Chris were photographed backstage at the Z-100 Jingle Ball held at Madison Square Garden in December of the same year. As a result of that day, the paths of these two singers kept crossing at some point in the future.
In 2008, Rihanna And Chris Brown Collaborated On A Song
In 2008, rumors of a romance between the founder of Fenty Beauty and the rapper Loyal began to circulate. As a result of their on-stage chemistry, the stage could have been set on fire.
Several months later, Rihanna released Umbrella, which was the lead single from her album Good Girl Gone Bad, and the song won her a Grammy Award. Chris and she collaborated on the remix.
In an ‘answer song’ entitled Cinderella, Chris replaced some of the lyrics, set to the same beat. During her tour in Asia, he even joined her on stage to perform the remixed version live, as it was their first collaboration. In 2008, it was confirmed that the two were dating.
Although they were dating at the time, the couple decided to arrive at the Grammys 2008 separately despite the fact that they were photographed getting cozy at the event. Two days later, Chris sang at Rihanna’s 21st birthday party and is believed to have kissed Rihanna at the end of the song. Things were going well for these two lovebirds in 2009, but then everything changed.
In 2009, Chris Brown Was Arrested For Assaulting Rihanna
On the day of the Grammys 2009, it was announced that the Look At Me Now singer would not be performing with Rihanna. After the award ceremony, it was revealed that Chris brutally beat Rihanna.
Chris broke Rihanna’s lip, leaving her with black eyes and numerous bruises. After viewing the pictures of Rihanna that appeared on the internet, our hearts literally sank. Following a physical and verbal fight between the couple, the Needed Me singer was photographed in a hospital bed with a bruised and bloody face.
The police arrested Chris shortly afterward, and he was charged with felony battery. During the course of 2009, their case was filed in court, and Chris was found guilty of the charges and sentenced to five years of probation along with community service and domestic violence counseling.
Meanwhile, Rihanna also filed a restraining order, prohibiting Chris from being within 50 yards of her. It shocked people around the world when their relationship hit rock bottom.
How Did Rihanna Respond To The Entire Incident?
The media interviewed the Diamonds singer in 2009 regarding her relationship with Chris and the entire incident. At the time, she stated, “Well, I just never understood how the victim was punished over and over again.”. I do not want to say, “Get over it,” due to the fact that it is still a very serious issue that is still relevant today.”.
In addition, Rihanna stated that “a lot of women, a lot of young girls, are still suffering from it.”. There are also a lot of young boys who are suffering from it. The subject is not one that can be swept under the rug, so I cannot simply dismiss it as if it did not matter, or I do not take it seriously.”
The rock star continued, “But for me, and for anyone who has been the victim of domestic abuse, it is not something we want to even remember.”. It is not something we want to even acknowledge. If I speak about it and say it once, much less 200 times, am I going to be punished for it? There was something about it that did not sit well with me.”
The Barbadian singer stated in 2009, “I was that girl who felt that as painful as this relationship was, there are some people who are built stronger than others.”. Perhaps I am one of those people who is able to handle situations such as this.”
Adding, “Maybe I am the guardian angel who is there for this person when they are not strong enough or don’t understand the world when they just need someone to encourage them positively and say the right thing.”
We Found Love’s singer continued, “You want the best for them, but if you remind them of their failures, or if you remind them of bad times in their life, or if you even say that you are willing to put up with something, they think that you are not worthy of what they are going to give to you.”
As Rihanna concluded, “If you put up with it, then maybe you believe you deserve it, and that was the moment that I said, “Uh-oh, I was stupid thinking I was built for this.”
The Story From Chris Brown’s Perspective
Chris discussed the events leading up to their 2009 fight in his documentary titled Welcome To My Life, which was aired in June 2017. “After that, my trust in her was totally lost, and she hated me,” he said. I tried everything, but she did not seem to care. After that, she did not trust me.”
As he further explained, “From there, it just went downhill as there were too many verbal and physical fights. There are mutual interests. It is the first time I have had the opportunity to speak. There would be fights between us. The two of us would hit each other, and it was never okay.”
Chris And Rihanna Reconciled Their Relationship In 2012
Following the legalization of the physical assault case, Chris was sentenced to a total of five years of probation. In 2012, however, things took a turn when the couple got back together and Rihanna thought she could change him for the better.
It came as a great shock to all Rihanna fans. During an episode of Oprah Winfrey’s SuperSoul Conversations in 2012, the Dancing in the Dark singer discussed her relationship with Chris.
In her confession, Rihanna stated that Chris was her true love and that she considered him the “love of her life.” She further added, “We have built a trust again, and that is all there is to it.” There is no doubt in my mind that we will always love each other. We will not attempt to change anything about that. If you have ever been in love, you cannot turn that off.”
As well as taking back the restraining order, the Bitch Better Have My Money singer revealed that she had forgiven him and withdrawn the restraining order. She continued, “It took me a long time to accomplish it. For a long time, I was angry. I was resentful and held a grudge against the person. It was dark for me. There was anger in my heart. In my music, my clothing, and my attitude, it was evident. It was an unpleasant feeling for me. I felt heavy.”
After they reunited, the couple was spotted out and about in public together, sitting courtside at basketball games and enjoying romantic vacations together.
Chris And Rihanna Broke Up In 2013
In 2013, the couple separated. In an interview with the popular Show in Australia, Chris confirmed the news of their breakup.
As he stated, “I mean, at the end of the day, Shawty does her own thing, she is on the road. There will always be love between us. It’s time to fast forward for me now that I am an adult.”
Chris Recently Congratulated Rihanna On The Birth Of Her Child
Chris Brown recently took to his Instagram account to wish his ex-girlfriend Rihanna congratulations on the birth of her first child with rapper A$AP Rocky. On Thursday, he congratulated Rihanna following the announcement that she had given birth.
On his Instagram Story, the R&B singer simply wrote, “Congratulations.” Although Rihanna was not tagged in the post. There was just an emoji of a pregnant woman, a heart, and prayer hands on his screen.
Chris Brown Albums-Songs And Acting Career
Hitmission Records discovered Brown while searching for new talent at his father’s gas station. Brown received voice coaching from Hitmission’s Lamont Fleming, and the team provided a demo package under the name “C. Sizzle”, and approached contacts in New York, where Brown has been sojourning, to obtain a record deal. Before moving to New York in late 2004, Brown attended Essex High School in Virginia.
When Brown auditioned in Def Jam Recordings’ New York office, A&R executive Tina Davis was impressed, and she immediately invited him to meet with Island Def Jam Music Group’s former president.
Davis lost her job due to a corporate merger after two months of negotiations with Def Jam. As soon as Davis accepted Brown’s offer to be his manager, she promoted him to other labels, including Jive Records, J-Records, and Warner Bros. Records.
2005–2006: Self-titled Debut Studio Album “Chris Brown”
- Brown began recording his self-titled debut studio album in February 2005 after signing with Jive Records in 2004.
- By May, 50 songs had already been recorded, of which 14 were chosen for the final track listing. Half of the tracks were co-written by Brown.
- With first-week sales of 154,000 copies, Chris Brown’s self-titled album debuted at number two on the Billboard 200.
- At the time of the album’s release, Chris Brown was a commercial success, with over three million copies sold in the United States and six million copies worldwide.
- His debut single, “Run It!”, reached the top of the Billboard Hot 100 for four additional weeks, making him the first male act since Montell Jordan in 1995 to achieve this feat.
- He released a DVD entitled Chris Brown’s Journey on June 13, 2006, showing footage of his travels through England and Japan, preparing for his first Grammy appearance, behind-the-scenes of his music videos, and bloopers.
Chris Brown’s Second Studio Album, “Exclusive”
- After finishing his summer tour with Ne-Yo, Brown began working on Exclusive, his second studio album.
- He peaked at number 79 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart, and number 22 on the US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart with the album’s lead single, “Wall to Wall”.
- After “Run It!” in 2005, Brown’s second number-one single “Kiss Kiss”, featuring and produced by T-Pain, reached the top of the Billboard Hot 100 chart and became his second number-one song.
- In addition to its success as the third single from the Exclusive, “With You”, produced by Stargate (the duo known for working with Ne-Yo), became one of the all-time best-selling singles, reaching number two on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart.
- November 6, 2007, was the release date for Exclusive. Musically, the album is R&B, with slight pop influences that were absent in the previous hip-hop soul disc.
- In its first week, the album sold 294,000 copies and received generally positive reviews from critics. Over 1.9 million copies have been sold in the US as of March 23, 2011.
- On June 3, 2008, Brown re-released Exclusive as a deluxe edition, renamed Exclusive: The Forever Edition. Four new tracks were included in the re-release, including the Eurodisco single “Forever”, which reached number two on the Billboard Hot 100.
- In August 2008, Brown guest-starred on Disney’s The Suite Life of Zack & Cody. Billboard magazine named Brown Artist of the Year in 2008.
Chris Brown’s Third Studio Album “Graffiti”
- Brown started work on Graffiti in 2008, promising to experiment with a new musical direction inspired by Prince and Michael Jackson.
- Most of the media took a stand against the singer after the domestic violence scandal involving him and Rihanna on February 8, 2009.
- As a result of the incident, Brown lost a lot of commercial contracts, including one with Doublemint. Later in the year, the singer made numerous TV appearances to express his feelings.
- Graffiti’s lead single “I Can Transform Ya” came out on September 29, 2009. US Billboard Hot 100 charted the song at number 20. On November 23, 2009, “Crawl” was released as the album’s second single. On the Billboard Hot 100, it reached number 53.
- Graffiti was released on December 8, 2009, with a mix of R&B and Eurodisco. In this album, Brown took full control of his art, managing the artistic direction and writing every song.
- It debuted at number 7 on the US Billboard 200 chart, sold 102,000 copies in its first week, and received generally bad reviews from critics. The album has sold 341,000 copies in the U.S. as of March 23, 2011.
- When Brown sang Michael Jackson’s “Man in the Mirror” at the 2010 BET Awards, he started crying and fell to his knees. In accepting the AOL Fandemonium prize, Brown said, “I let you down before, but I won’t do it again, I promise.”
Big Career Downfall And Mixtapes Of Chris Brown
In 2010, Brown released the 3 free mixtapes In My Zone (Rhythm & Streets), Fan of a Fan (collaboration with Tyga), and In My Zone 2, featuring a new style of writing and a different musical style that mixed R&B and hip hop.
Among the producers he worked with on the mixtapes was Kevin McCall. Artist’s loyal audience loved the mixtapes, consolidating them. In addition to receiving critical acclaim, the single “Deuces” reached number 1 on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart.
Rap stars Drake, Kanye West, Andre 3000, Rick Ross, Fabolous, and T.I. remixed the song. Afterward, he released “No BS” as his second single from Fan of a Fan and decided to use both songs as anticipation singles for his next album.
Chris Brown’s Fourth Studio Album “F.A.M.E.”
- On March 18, 2011, Brown released his fourth studio album F.A.M.E.
- With first-week sales of 270,000 copies, Brown’s album debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200 chart.
- It became both Brown and Benassi’s first number-one single on the US Hot Dance Club Songs chart with the third single, “Beautiful People”.
- The album’s fourth US single was “She Ain’t You”, while its fourth international single was “Next 2 You”, featuring Justin Bieber.
- His “Look at Me Now” video won five awards at the 2011 BET Awards, including Best Male R&B Artist, Viewers’ Choice Award, Fandemonium Award, Best Collaboration, and Video of the Year.
- ‘Look at Me Now’ won Best Hip Hop Video at the 2011 BET Hip Hop Awards, including the People’s Champ Award, Reese’s Perfect Combo Award, and Reese’s Perfect Combo Award.
- F.A.M.E. won Album of the Year at the 2011 Soul Train Music Awards. He also got three Grammy nominations for the album, including Best R&B Album, Best Rap Performance, and Best Rap Song.
- Brown won the Grammy for Best R&B Album on February 12, 2012. As his first appearance at the awards show since his felony assault conviction, Brown performed several songs.
Chris Brown’s Fifth Studio Album “Fortune”
- Brown wanted F.A.M.E. to be a double disc with 25–30 tracks, but the label wasn’t into that. In the days leading up to the release of F.A.M.E.
- The label agreed to follow Brown’s intentions, so he worked on a sequel to F.A.M.E. entitled Fortune, which would contain new material and even some songs that didn’t make the cut on the previous album, which was released six months later.
- Later, the artist worked on the album more, developing it as a project of its own, with a different sound and concept than its predecessor.
- RCA Music Group announced they were disbanding Jive Records, Arista Records, and J Records on October 7, 2011.
- Brown will be releasing future material via RCA Records instead of these three labels.
- On July 3, 2012, Brown released Fortune, his fifth studio album. It debuted at the top of the Billboard 200, but critics weren’t crazy about it.
- It started with the buzz single, “Strip”, featuring Kevin McCall. It was followed by “Turn Up the Music”, “Sweet Love”, “Till I Die”, “Don’t Wake Me Up”, and “Don’t Judge Me”.
Sixth Studio Album Of Chris Brown, “X”
- On September 16, 2014, Brown released his sixth studio album, X. Brown’s vocal performance, and the album’s sound was praised by critics.
- In comparison to its critically panned predecessor Fortune, the album was a big improvement. The album won Best Urban Contemporary Album at the 2015 Grammy Awards, and “New Flame” won Best R&B Performance.
- It was his first album not to reach the top of the US Billboard 200 chart since Graffiti (2009) and his third album to go to number two overall after Exclusive (2007).
- In addition, it was his sixth consecutive top-ten debut. According to Nielsen SoundScan, the album sold 404,000 copies by the end of 2015. The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) certified it as double platinum. Brown promoted the album even further by performing and appearing at several music festivals and televised shows.
Chris Brown’s Seventh Studio Album “Royalty”
- During the spring of 2015, Brown was featured on DJ Deorro’s hit song “Five More Hours”.
- Brown released a new song called “Liquor” on June 24. His seventh studio album’s first single, “Liquor,” was announced shortly after.
- On August 22, 2015, the singer announced on his Twitter profile that the new album will be called “Royalty” in honor of his daughter.
- In a black and white photo, Chris is holding Royalty in her arms on the album cover. The release date for Royalty was announced on October 13, 2015.
- His album was pushed back to December 18, 2015, so he released Before the Party, a 34-track mixtape that includes Rihanna, Wiz Khalifa, Pusha T, Wale, Tyga, French Montana, and Fetty Wap, as a prelude to Royalty on November 27, 2015.
- The album cover was revealed on October 16, 2015. On December 18, 2015, Brown’s fourth studio album was released, debuting at number 3 on the US Billboard 200, selling 184,000 units (162,000 in pure album sales) in its first week. Additionally, it was his seventh solo album to debut in the top ten.
Chris Brown’s Eighth Studio Album “Heartbreak On A Full Moon”
- Several weeks before Royalty came out, Brown started recording tracks for his next album.
- Brown previewed 11 unreleased songs on his Periscope and Instagram accounts on January 10, 2016.
- He announced “Grass Ain’t Greener” on May 3, showing its cover art and announcing it would be the first single from Heartbreak on a Full Moon. May 5, 2016, was the release date for the single.
- After the 2016 shooting of Dallas police officers, Brown posted two piano ballads on his SoundCloud page, “My Friend” and “A Lot of Love”, saying they were “released for free for anyone dealing with injustice or struggle.”
- With his crew, he released two mixtapes in 2016, Before The Trap: Nights in Tarzana and Attack the Block, which tell stories about drug use, s*xual encounters with tons of untrustworthy women, and dangerous street life with guns, dirty money, and luxurious cars.
- It got good commercial success when he released the second official single, “Party”, featuring American R&B singer Usher and rapper Gucci Mane.
- His previously teased song “Privacy” was going to be Heartbreak on a Full Moon’s next single in February 2017.
- His core audience loved the single, which was released on March 24, 2017. His self-documentary Welcome to My Life, directed by Andrew Sandler, was released on June 7.
- Featuring guest vocals from Yo Gotti, A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie, and Kodak Black, Pills & Automobiles is the fourth single from the album.
- He announced on August 14, 2017, that “Questions”, the fifth official single from the album, would be released on October 31, 2017. On August 16, he announced its release date, saying it would be October 31, 2017.
- Brown announced the final tracklist of the album with the promotional single “High End”, which features Future and Young Thug.
- RCA Records released Heartbreak on a Full Moon on October 31, 2017, as a double-disc album and three days later as a CD.
- Brown’s ninth consecutive top 10 albums on the US Billboard 200 chart debuted at number three despite only having three days of sales.
- In a week after the release of Heartbreak on a Full Moon, Brown became the first R&B male artist to go gold in a week since Usher’s Confessions in 2004 when combined sales and album-equivalent units of more than 500,000 were certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America.
- A Double Platinum award was given to the album by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) in 2019.
Chris Brown’s Ninth Studio Album “Indigo”
- On February 25, 2018, Brown and rapper Joyner Lucas released the single “Stranger Things” from their collaboration project Angels & Demons. The project didn’t get released, though.
- Brown was featured in Lil Dicky’s smash hit “Freaky Friday” on March 15, 2018. In New Zealand and the UK, the video had over 100 million views by April 9, 2018.
- Brown released “Undecided”, the first single off the album, along with a video.
- A week later, he released “Back to Love”, which received positive reviews from music critics who praised the lyrical content and production, but it didn’t chart.
- Nicki Minaj and G-Eazy star in the third single, “Wobble Up”, announcing the album’s release in June.
- Earlier this month, he appeared on “Easy”, a successful single with DaniLeigh. On June 8, Brown released a single with Drake called “No Guidance.” The song debuted at number nine on the US Billboard Hot 100, Brown’s 15th top-ten hit.
- On June 28, 2019, Brown released Indigo as a double album, marking his second album in this format.
- In its first week, Indigo sold 108,000 album-equivalent units, including 28,000 pure albums, making it his third US number-one album.
- The album got good reviews from critics. Aside from “Heat”, Brown’s 13th number-one on Billboard’s Rhythmic Airplay chart and second in 2019, “Don’t Check on Me” features Justin Bieber and Atia “Ink” Boggs.
- Brown eventually released a deluxe version of Indigo called Indigo Extended, which includes 10 additional songs, making it 42 songs total.
Chris Brown In 2022: Release Of Tenth Studio Album “Indigo”
- The title of Brown’s tenth album will be Breezy, a reference to his stage name. He announced it via Instagram on July 9, 2020.
- On April 3, 2022, his single “Iffy” topped the Rhythmic Radio Chart at number 1. On the album, “Iffy” wasn’t included.
- Brown shared a snippet of his second single “Warm Embrace” on his Instagram account on March 15, 2022, with the caption “Is this the BREEZY you’ve been waiting for?”.
- “WE (Warm Embrace)” is Brown’s second single and it’s out on April 1, 2022. Don City produced the record, which samples Guy’s ’90s hit “Let’s Chill”. Brown goes back to his R&B roots.
- On June 17, 2022, Brown released the audio for “Call Me Every Day”, an Afrobeats collaboration with Wizkid. Leon Youngblood, Blaise Beatz, and DJ Tunez co-produced the song.
- Brown released his music video for “WE (Warm Embrace)” on June 21, 2022. “Sleep at Night” was teased in the video alongside a guest appearance by fellow R&B artist Normani.
- As of June 24, 2022, Brown released a music video for “C.A.B. (Catch A Body)”. He teamed up with rapper Fivio Foreign to make the video. It’s a neon-glowing visual of two men drinking red cups, driving foreign cars, and having a good time.
- Brown announced on August 22, 2022, there’s a good chance his North American co-headlined tour with Lil Baby will expand to Europe.
- Brown’s single “Call Me Every Day” featuring Wizkid was released on August 24, 2022.
- At the 15th annual Headies awards, Brown won international artiste of the year. This category is for non-African artists or groups who have made a big impact on Afrobeats.
- Brown became the first R&B singer ever to chart over fifty top 40 hits on the Billboard Hot 100 chart with “Under the Influence” in September 2022.
- A few of Brown’s songs were performed at Usher’s Las Vegas residency on October 14, 2022, including Back to Sleep (Remix), Under the Influence, and Heat.
Facts About Chris Brown
- Is Chris Brown a smoker? In fact, yes
- Is Chris Brown an alcoholic? In fact, yes
- Since a very young age, Chris has been a member of a church choir and has performed in local talent shows.
- His childhood was filled with domestic violence; first by his father and then by her mother’s boyfriend. Speaking of his father, he said, “I remember one night he made my mother’s nose bleed. The tears were flowing and I thought to myself, “I’m gonna go crazy one day.” I still hate him to this very day.”
- In 2004, he released his first album, which reached number 2 on the Billboard 200 and was certified as double platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). Over three million copies have been sold worldwide.
- Chris set a record by having his single “Run it” debut at number one on the Billboard 100. Previously, Diddy held the record when this occurred in 1997.
- As part of the 54th Grammy Awards, Chris won an Emmy Award for Best R&B Album for his album F.A.M.E.
- His awards include two NAACP Image Awards, three American Music Awards, and fourteen BET Awards.
- At the age of 13, Chris was already singing in the choir and performing in local talent shows. He is a self-taught musician. As a result of Hitmission’s visit to his father’s gas station seeking talent, Lamont Fleming trained his voice.
- His mother became aware of his talent when he sang “My Way” by Usher.
- In the aftermath of his parent’s divorce, he was terrified of his mother’s boyfriend when he would abuse her.
- When he was taken to New York for auditions, Tina Davis auditioned for Def Jam records and signed him because she found him to be extremely talented.
- At the BET Awards in 2010, he was overwhelmed with emotion and fell to his knees while paying a tribute to Michael Jackson. There were a number of celebrities present who resonated with him. Jermaine Jackson, Michael Jackson’s brother, empathized, stating that “it was very emotional for me because it was an acknowledgment from his fans of what had happened to him.
- In 2011, Brown was nominated for six BET Awards, of which five were won. As part of the same year’s BET Hip-Hop Awards, he received three awards.
- A seizure occurred in Record Plant Studios in August 2013. As an ambulance was called, Chris refused to receive any treatment and explained that the seizure had been caused by extreme fatigue and emotional stress. In his childhood, he also suffered from seizures.
- “Michael Jackson inspired me to do music and to become an entertainer,” Brown said.
- The voice type Brown is a light, lyrical tenor.
- He was refused a visa to enter Britain in June 2010 because he had committed a serious offense for felony against Rihanna. When Sony informed him of the problem with his work visa, he was planning to tour England.
- He was also denied a visa to Canada in February 2015, which forced him to cancel his tour.
- Chris Brown is the owner of the record label CBE (Chris Brown Entertainment or Culture Beyond Your Evolution).
- Growing up, he had a deep affection for Ciara.
- Chris had written about 50 songs for his first album, of which 14 were selected for release.
- As part of his 18th birthday celebrations, he purchased himself a Lamborghini and threw two parties. At the first party, he invited only his friends, and at the second party, he invited fans.
- There are two Pitbulls owned by Chris, one of which is named Diamond.
- In a recent interview with the media, he explained why he chose the name “X” for his album: “It is the Roman numeral for 10.” It is my birthday on 5/5/89: five plus five equals ten, and this is my tenth year as an artist. As ‘X’ is the 24th letter of the alphabet, I will be 24 years old at the time of its release. The term ‘X’ can also be interpreted as a metaphor, as in ‘ex-girlfriend’: it implies you are progressing in life, not clinging to your past and clinging to your old ways.”
- As a result of his relationship with Nia Gonzalez, he has a daughter who is named “Royalty”.
Brown became the first male artist to have his debut single top the Billboard Hot 100 since 1995 through the success of his debut single, “Run It!”.
When he was 16 years old, Jive Records discovered him and released his self-titled debut. His first single was taken from the album, which reached number one on Billboard.
According to a rehab facility, Chris Brown has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder and post-traumatic stress disorder. Reports indicate that court documents have been obtained. Upon further examination, the facility determined that the singer suffers from both ailments, which are responsible for his history of aggressive behavior.
There are an estimated 16 cars in Chris Brown’s garage, with a value of 6.6 million. There is no doubt that all Chris Brown cars are luxurious and coveted.
An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of Chris Brown. Hopefully, Chris Brown’s biography has made you believe that patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in the article on Chris Brown.