Shriya Saran was born as Shriya Saran Bhatnagar on September 11, 1982, also known under the name of Anna, an actress and Indian model known for her work in Indian cinema in the South, Bollywood cinema and American. Saran was born in Dehradun and spent most of his childhood in Haridwar. In 2001, his dancing master gave him the opportunity to appear in Renoo Nathan debut music video “Thirakti Kyun Hawa”, which has brought to the attention of many Indian filmmakers Saran. Although Saran aspired to become a well-known dancer, he was offered a leading role.
Thus, Saran made his debut in the cinema in 2001 with Ishtam Telugu film and had her first commercial success with Santhosham (2002).
Shriya Saran Bhatnagar was born in Haridwar in northern India, Pushpendra Saran Bhatnagar and Neeraja Saran Bhatnagar. His father worked for Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) and his mother taught chemistry at Delhi Public School, Ranipur in Haridwar, and Delhi Public School, Mathura Road, New Delhi. Saran schooling from both schools where his mother had taught. She has an older brother named Abhiroop who lives in Mumbai.
Shriya Saran family lived in the small town of BHEL colony in Haridwar when she was growing up. She then studied at Lady Shri Ram College in Delhi and earned a Bachelor of Arts in Literature.
Saran is an accomplished dancer. She was first trained as a child by her mother in folk dance Kathak and Rajasthani, and was later trained in the Kathak style by Shovana Narayan. She has participated in many dance teams in college and with her teacher. They would integrate social issues into their dance routines
She then appeared in several other Telugu films while making routes in the Hindi and Tamil industries. In 2007, Saran starred in Sivaji, the most profitable Tamil film at that time. She was also critically acclaimed for her role in the 2007 Bollywood film Awarapan. In 2008, Saran starred in her first English film, the American-Indian co-production The Other End of the Line. Her next projects included popular films such as Kanthaswamy (2009) in Tamil and Pokkiri Raja (2010) in Malayalam – roles that established her as one of the leading actresses in the South Indian film industries. In 2012, she was screened in the British-Canadian film Midnight’s Children, directed by Deepa Mehta, based on Salman Rushdie’s book of the same name, for which she was acclaimed by international critics. She has achieved other commercial successes by participating in films such as Pavitra (2013) and Chandra (2013). In 2014, Saran played in the critically acclaimed Telugu film, Manam, which earned him accolades for his performance.
Shriya Saran Wiki/Bio
|Birth Name||Shriya Saran Bhatnagar|
|Nick Name||Shriya, Shreya|
|Age||(as in 2023) 41 Years|
|Debut||Movie Ishtam (2001, Telugu)|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Not Known|
|Birth Place||Dehradun, Uttarkhand, India|
|Date of Birth||11 September 1982|
|Residence||Mumbai, Maharastra, India|
|Home Town||Haridwar, Uttarkhand, India|
|Mother's Name||Neerja Saran (Teacher)|
|Father's Name||Pushpendra Saran (Worked at BHEL)|
Marital Status, Husband and Children
|Husband/Spouse||Andrei Koscheev (Tennis Player)|
|Marriage Date||19 March 2018|
|School||Delhi Public School, Ranipur, Haridwar|
Delhi Public School, Mathura Road, New Delhi
|College/University||Lady Shri Ram College for Women, New Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||Bachlor of Arts (B.A) in Literature|
|Profession||Model (Telugu, Tamil & Hindi)|
|Brands Endorsed||Not Known|
|Career Manager||Not Known|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in Centimeters 168cm|
in Meters 1.68 m
in Feet Inches 5′ 6”
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Not Known|
|S*xual Orientation||Not Known|
|Dress Size||Not Known|
|Shoe Size||Not Known|
|Favourite Actress||Madhuri Dixit, Madhubala|
|Favourite Actors||Shah Rukh Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, Rajinikanth|
|Favourite Colors||Black, Red|
|Favorite Food||Chapati, Curry|
|Favorite Book||Gone with the wind by Margaret Mitchell|
|Favorite Writer||Willian Dalrymple|
Shriya Saran Net Worth
Shriya Saran’s estimated Net Worth, Salary, Income, Cars, Lifestyles & much more details has been updated below. Let’s check, How Rich is Shriya Saran in 2023?
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$15 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$12 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Under Review|
|Salary||1 Crores per movie|
|Income Source||Model (Telugu, Tamil & Hindi)|
Noted, Currently We don’t have enough information about Cars, Monthly/Yearly Salary etc. We will update soon.
Shriya Saran Awards
Saran has been the brand ambassador for brands across India, endorsing beauty and health products. Among other philanthropic activities, she has volunteered for charitable organizations. In 2011, she opened a spa exclusively for people with visual impairments. She has also been a brand ambassador for the Celebrity Cricket League for her first two seasons.
|2008||South Scope Style Award Best Tamil Actress|
Vijay Award for Favourite Heroine Favourite Heroine
|Sivaji: The Boss|
|2009||Stardust New Face Award Stardust Exciting New Face Award||Mission Istanbul|
|2010||Amrita Mathrubhumi Award Best Actress|
Vijay Award for Favorite Heroine Favorite Heroine
|2011||IFTA Best Actress Award Best Supporting Actress||Rowthiram|
|2015||Filmfare Awards South Best Actress|
TV9 TSR National Award Best Supporting Actress
Santosham Film Awards Best actress in addition to her work in films
Mohit Raina Profile, Bio, Height, Affair, Family, Wiki, Net Worth
Some Known Facts About Shriya Saran
- Does Shriya Saran smoke?: Not Known
- Does Shriya Saran drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Shriya made her first screen appearance in the Renoo Nathan’s debut album Yeh Yaarana by featuring in the song Thirakti Kyun Hawa.
- She then got a breakthrough role in 2001 in the Telugu film Ishtam, wherein she played the lead role of Neha.
- She has worked in different languages such as Hindi, English, Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, and Kannada.
- She is a trained Kathak dancer and has learned the skill from the famous Kathak dancer- Shovana Narayan.
- In 2003, she hosted the 50th Filmfare South Awards along with actor R. Madhavan.
- She participated in Tamil director Mani Ratnam’s stage show Netru, Indru and Naalai.
- She has featured in various advertisements of popular brands like LUX, Head & Shoulders, Saravana Stores, Kalyan, Vvd hair Oil, Parachute Jasmine Hair Oil, etc.
- She was the first actress and the third celebrity after Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan to deliver a lecture to students at the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad.
- She also gave a lecture to students in 2011 at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras on the history of films.
- In 2011, she opened a spa named Shree Spa in Mumbai that is run by the visually challenged.
- She is a brand ambassador for the Naandi Foundation and for the Save A Child’s Heart (SACH) foundation.
- She was also the brand ambassador of Celebrity Cricket League for its first two seasons.
- She won several awards for Best Actress, such as South Scope Style Award (2008), Amrita Mathrubhumi Award (2010), ITFA Best Actress Award for Rowthiram (2011), TV9 TSR National Award (2015), and Santosham Film Awards (2015).
- Additionally, she was also honored by some popular awards viz. T. Subbarami Reddy Lalitha Kala Parishath Award for Contributions to Telugu Cinema in 2010, GR8 Women’s Award in 2014, etc.