Chhota Rajan is an Indian criminal and mobster who served as the boss of a major crime syndicate based in Mumbai. He is currently serving a life sentence at Tihar Jail in New Delhi. While living in Tilak Nagar, a big colony for the low-income group near Chembur, Mumbai, Rajan started as a petty black marketeer of cinema tickets at Sahakar Cinema. He was imprisoned for assaulting police constables. After being released from jail, he joined the Bada Rajan gang in 1982. After Bada Rajan was shot dead, Chhota Rajan took over the gang and worked for Dawood Ibrahim who had fled to Dubai.
During the Arun Gawli Dawood gang war in the late eighties, Rajan escaped to Dubai in 1989 and eventually rose to be the right hand of Dawood Ibrahim before splitting with him in 1993 and forming an independent gang that frequently clashed with Dawood’s D-Company. He is wanted for many criminal cases that include extortion, murder, smuggling, and drug trafficking. He is also wanted in 70 murder cases and several more attempted murders. It is said that Rajan finances a social organization called “Sahyadri Krida Mandal” that organizes the Ganesh Utsav in Tilaknagar, which has been Rajan’s home base. Rajan’s wife and two daughters continue to live in Tilaknagar.
Chhota Rajan is a Gangster and a well-known person. Chhota Rajan home town is Chembur, Mumbai and born on Not Known and Chhota Rajan Address is Building No. 6, Tilak Nagar, Chembur, East Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
|Real Name||Rajendra Sadashiv Nikalje|
|Nick Name||Nana, Chhota Rajan|
|Famous For||Being the right hand of Dawood Ibrahim|
|Caste||Scheduled Caste (SC)|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Not Known|
|Birth Place||Chembur, Mumbai|
|Date of Birth||Not Known|
|Home Town||Chembur, Mumbai|
|Mother's Name||Name Not Known|
|Father's Name||Name Not Known (a peon at the Municipal Corporation)|
|Brother||Deepak Nikalje (younger, associated with Republican Party of India)|
|Sister||Names Not Known (reside in Tilak Nagar, Chembur, Mumbai)|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Marriage Date||Not Known|
|Children||Daughter- Khushi Nikalje, Ankita Nikalje, Nikita Nikalje|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Address||Building No. 6, Tilak Nagar, Chembur, East Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Brands Endorsed||Not Known|
|Career Manager||Not Known|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm|
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg|
in pounds- 154 lbs
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Not Known|
|Controversies||• On 25 April 2017, a special CBI court in New Delhi, awarded him seven years rigorous imprisonment in the fake passport case.|
• On 2 May 2018, the Maharashtra MCOCA Court found him guilty of the murder of journalist J. Dey.
Chhota Rajan Net Worth
According to WoodGram, Chhota Rajan’s estimated Net Worth, Salary, Income, Cars, Lifestyles & many more details have been updated below. Let’s check, How Rich is Chhota Rajan in 2020?
|Estimated Net Worth in 2020||Under Review|
|Previous Year's Net Worth (2019)||Rs 4,000-5,000 crore|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
Noted, Currently, We don’t have enough information about Cars, Monthly/Yearly Salary, etc. We will update you soon.
Chhota Rajan Net Worth: Rs 4,000-5,000 crore
Mumbai Police officials estimate Chhota Rajan’s current net worth to be in the range of Rs 4,000-5,000 crore. Fifty percent of the investments are in India, especially in Mumbai and its satellite towns, they say. “According to our reports, Rajan owns a hotel in China, a few jewelry shops in Singapore, Thailand, and a hotel in Jakarta. He has also invested in the diamond trade in African countries, especially Zimbabwe,” said a senior Mumbai Police official.
Sources claimed that Rajan tried to strike a deal with some officials from Zimbabwe to seek refuge in that country. But Zimbabwe did not want to be seen giving refuge to anyone who was wanted in India. “We found that he asked for Z-plus protection which was denied by them,” claimed the official.
Some Known Facts About Chhota Rajan
- Does Chhota smoke?: Not Known
- Does Chhota Rajan drink alcohol?: Yes
- He was born into a Scheduled Caste family in Chembur, an Aagri neighborhood in East Mumbai.
- He was raised in Tilak Nagar, a residential colony in Chembur.
- Rajan started his criminal career by committing petty crimes in Chembur.
- In the 1980s, he used to sell movie tickets in black at a local cinema hall named Sahakar Cinema. His mentor, Bada Rajan, introduced him to the black marketing of movie tickets.
- It all started with a rivalry between Bada Rajan and a man called Sanjeeva Devadiga who ran a country-made liquor shop near the Sahakar Cinema.
- Devadiga was into the black-marketing business. According to sources, Devadiga’s men used to keep a few movie tickets for themselves, after selling them in black and would sit in the midst of a group of women and harass them during the shows. Locals from Tilak Nagar opposed this and this led friction between Bada Rajan and Devadiga.
- Occasional fights between the boys of Bada Rajan and Devadiga were a new normal in the area. During one such clash, Chhota Rajan, along with other boys, was booked under the controversial Maintenance of Internal Security Act (Misa) in 1975.
- After remaining in jail for two years, Rajan came back as a hardened criminal.
- Bada Rajan’s other rival, Abdul Kunju, hired a shooter named Chandrashekar Safalika to kill Bada Rajan, and in 1983, Bada Rajan was shot dead by Safalika.
- After the murder of Bada Rajan, Chhota Rajan was rattled and it was during this period that he enhanced his criminal activity.
- Rajan saw the rise of Haji Mastan, Karim Lala, and Vardha Bhai and got inspired to join the world of crime.
- In the mid-1980s, he became a contract-killer and carved a niche for himself in Mumbai’s criminal world, and from here onwards, people would call him- Chhota Rajan.
- Besides, Chhota Rajan, he is also known as “Nana,” a name given by the Gujarati Builders.
- For a short while, he worked with Arun Gawli and Dawood Ibrahim. At that time, Dawood had fled to Dubai.
- In the late eighties, a rivalry ensued between the Arun Gawli – Dawood gang, which ultimately took the form of a gang war.
- In 1989, Rajan also escaped to Dubai and eventually rose to become the right hand of Dawood Ibrahim.
- Chhota Rajan tied the knot with his neighbor, Sujata, who lived in Building No. 5 in Tilak Nagar, while Rajan lived in Building No. 6 in the same area. Chhota Rajan Marriage Attended by Dawood Ibrahim and his Wife
- After the 1993 Bombay bombings, Chhota Rajan and Dawood Ibrahim fell out.
- According to sources, the prime reason behind the rift between Chhota Rajan and Dawood was the murder of Ibrahim Parkar (husband of Dawood’s sister Haseena Parkar) by the Arun Gawli gang. Dawood wanted Rajan to take the revenge of Ibrahim’s murder; however, Rajan didn’t pay much heed and carried on his normal business. This, along with Chhota Shakeel and Sunil Sawant’s jealousy with Chhota Rajan, who often used to complain Dawood about Rajan’s activities, led a split between Rajan and Dawood.
- After the split, Chhota Rajan formed his own gang, and since then, occasional gang wars between the two have been common.
- In September 2000, Dawood tracked Chhota Rajan in a hotel in Bangkok and appointed Chhota Shakeel to kill him. A team led by Chhota Shakeel raided the hotel. Posing as a pizza delivery man, Chhota Shakeel gunned down Rajan’s aide Rohit Varma and his wife. However, Rajan successfully escaped through the hotel’s roof and fire-escape.
- Estranged Rajan shot dead two of Dawood’s associates, Vinod and Sunil Soans, in Mumbai in 2001.
On 19 January 2003, at the India Club in Dubai, Chhota Rajan also killed Sharad, Dawood’s chief finance manager, and money-laundering agent. It was a big blow to Dawood, as it was Sharad who had commanded his finances.
- Soon, he left Dubai, and after residing in Australia for seven years, Rajan visited Bali in Indonesia on a passport with the name of Mohan Kumar.
- For deporting him back to India, Indian authorities contacted Interpol, and on 25 October 2015, Rajan was captured in Bali, Indonesia.
- On 6 November 2015, Chhota Rajan was extradited to India. Thereafter, he was lodged in Tihar Jail, awaiting trial in more than 70 cases.
- Sanjay Dutt starrer film Vaastav: The Reality (1999), is said to be loosely based on Chhota Rajan’s life.
- The character of “Chandu” played by Vivek Oberoi in the 2002 Bollywood film, Company, had also some resemblance to Chhota Rajan’s life.
What Is The Net Worth Of Dawood Ibrahim?
According To Forbes, Dawood Ibrahim Is One Of The Richest Gangsters Of All Time. In 2015, Forbes Estimated Dawood Ibrahim’s Net Asset At Usd 6.7 Billion. Only Notorious Drug Smuggler And Gangster Pablo Escobar Of Colombia Was Valued By Forbes Higher. In 1989, Forbes Estimated Pablo Escobar’s Net Worth At Usd 9 Billion.
Where Is Chhota Rajan Now?
Rajendra Sadashiv Nikalje (Born 5 December 1959), Popularly Known By His Moniker Rajan, Is An Indian Criminal And Mobster Who Served As The Boss Of A Major Crime Syndicate Based In Mumbai. He Is Currently Serving A Life Sentence At Tihar Jail In Navi Mumbai.
Why Did Chhota Rajan Split With Dawood?
Differences Had Arisen In 1992 Itself After Dawood Henchman Subhash Thakur Killed Three Rajan Groupies. But After The Blasts, They Fell Out Completely, With Rajan Positioning Himself As A ‘patriotic Don’ Not Wanting To Betray His Country, And Challenging The Hegemony Of Dawood As A “People’s Gangster”.
Who Is Dawood Wife?
Zubeena Zareen, Dawood Ibrahim/Wife