Nathan Benjamin Ake more popularly known as Nathan Ake is a Dutch footballer who plays as a defender for Premier League club Manchester City as well as the Netherlands national team. As well as playing as a center-back, he has also been deployed as a left-back. Nathan Ake was born to a Dutch mother, Ineke Telder, and a look-alike father, Moise Ake. His father was an Ivory Coast native who immigrated to the Netherlands later. Nathan was shaped by him to be such an impactful player in part because of him.
At age 15, Ake joined Chelsea’s youth system from Feyenoord. Feyenoord had been his club since he was 12 years old after joining ADO Den Haag. The 25th of March 2015 saw Ake loaned to Championship side Reading for one month. Chelsea recalled Ake on 8 January 2017, making his first appearance for the club. In June 2017, Ake signed a contract with Bournemouth on a permanent basis for a club-record £20 million. Nathan Ake signed a five-year contract with Manchester City on 5 August 2020, for a reported fee of £41 million.
Nathan Ake Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Nathan Benjamin Aké|
|Nick Name||Wee Man|
|Age||27 (as in 2022) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Aquarius|
|Born Place||The Hague, Netherlands|
|Date of Birth||18 February 1995|
|Residence||The Hague, Netherlands|
|Home Town||The Hague, Netherlands|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Horse Riding|
|Mother's Name||Ineke Telder|
|Father's Name||Moise Aké|
|Brother(s)||Cedric Ake, who works with Chelsea FC Mega Store.|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Wife/Spouse||Kaylee Ramman (to be)|
|College/University||Public US State University|
|Educational Qualification||Bachlor Degree|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||Wasserman|
|Debut Club||• 2020: Manchester City F.C. |
• 2016: A.F.C.Bournemouth
• 2015: Watford F.C.
• March 2015: Reading F.C.
• 2012: Chelsea F.C.
|Debut International||• 2017: Netherlands national football team|
|Jersey Number||• 6 (Manchester City)|
• 4 (Netherlands national football team)
|Current Team(s)||• Manchester City|
• Netherlands national football team
|Coach/Mentor||Pep Guardiola Sala|
|Position||Defender - Centre-Back|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm|
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet inches- 5'11”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 71 kg|
in pounds- 157 lbs
|Chest Size||40 inches|
|Biceps Size||13 inches|
|Waist Size||34 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Dutch|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||9 U.S.|
|Shoe Size||11 U.S.|
|Favorite Playing Position||Defender|
|Favorite Car||Range Rover|
|Favorite Food||Fruits and Veg|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
It is with great pleasure that WoodGram presents the entire story of a football genius popularly known as “Wee Man”.
A full account of notable events from Nathan Ake’s childhood to date along with the Biography gives you an insight into his childhood life.
The analysis of the former Chelsea and Manchester City star covers his life story before fame, family background, relationship life, and many other little-known facts about him that are off the pitch.
There is no doubt that everyone is familiar with his Rastafarian Dreadlocks. Despite Nathan Ake’s interesting bio, only a handful of people have looked at it. Now without further ado, let’s get started.
In the first place, his full name is Nathan Benjamin Ake. He was born in The Hague, the Netherlands, on the 18th day of February 1995 to his Dutch mother, Ineke Telder, and his look-a-like father, Moise Ake, who are both from the Netherlands.
Nathan Ake is the son of an immigrant father who migrated from the Ivory Coast to the Netherlands in search of and to secure a better life for his unborn children.
He has a father, Moise Ake, who is a teetotal (someone who decides to abstain from alcohol entirely). Nathan Ake and his family have been praised for keeping grassroots football alive in their hometown of Voorburg, which is near The Hague in the Netherlands.
Nathan grew up in the Hague with his older brother, Cedric, who at the time of writing, works at the Chelsea FC Mega Store in the city. When Ake was a child, he was known for being a very shy kid.
The Hague, Netherlands, is where Ake grew up under the tutelage of his parents, who were largely involved in youth football management in the Hague.
Nathan Ake’s father works as the youth academy manager for the W Wilhelmus football academy, while his mother helps with food preparation for the same academy.
Moise Ake, Nathan Ake’s father, is a football academy coach and paved the way for his son’s involvement in football during his early years.
Nathan’s involvement in football could also be attributed to the fact that his mom cooks for other young footballers.
Wilhelmus, which is the oldest club in the region in which he lives, was founded by Catholic priests John van Houten and Wilhelmus van Stee.
During that time, Nathan Ake was one or two years younger than his teammates. Yet he was still one of the best players in the league. As far as the Wilhelmus youth team was concerned, he was one of the shortest.
In those days, every little boy in the neighborhood was captivated by the cub. For the little boys at Wilhelmus Academy, there was no emptiness as long as there was football at their feet. In Ake’s case, it was quite obvious from the very beginning that he had a bright future ahead of him.
In his early career, Ake began playing left wingbacks or left centerbacks, depending on the situation. One of the people who taught Ake to defend himself was his female trainer.
While he was playing for his hometown club Wilhelmus, Ado Den Haag, which is a big rivalry club between Ajax and Feyenoord, noticed Nathan Ake and took him to the trial.
With no time at all, Ake became the club’s best player. However, his only problem was the fact that he was too shy, especially when he approached the camera.
Nathan Ake, who grew up in ages with Ado Den Haag, was promised that if he never left the club he would get a fast track to the first team.
It is relevant to mention that Tim Krul and Daryl Janmaat are also members of the Den Haag Academy club.
After being promised a quick inclusion in the first team, Ake disappointed the club when he made his parents force him to leave the club at the age of 11 and after five years of staying.
The following year Nathan Ake joined Feyenoord for another five years (age 12 to 16) where he had a meteoric rise in the later years of his stay, a period where he almost reached the end of his youth academy career.
When Ake was 16 years old, he led his team to victory at the youth junior tournament.
Even so, at the age of 16, there was a high degree of uncertainty regarding whether or not he would stay at the club. At the time, a number of European clubs, including Chelsea FC, were interested in him. Once again, the teenager ended up giving his team another shocker.
The day after he was set to be accepted into Feyenoord’s senior team, Ake made up his mind by announcing boldly to legendary Dutch manager Leo Beenhakker, then Feyenoord’s technical director, that he would be leaving the club.
Nathan once reflected on his decision by saying the following:
In a situation like that, it was quite difficult for me to say something like that, but you just have to take the plunge and you will be stronger and grow up faster as a result.”
The 16-year-old Ake traveled alone to London to join the Chelsea youth system at the tender age of 16.
During Nathan Ake’s time at Chelsea, he faced new challenges in his career, but none were as big as having made the journey from the Netherlands to London at the age of sixteen. As they say, the rest is now history as they say.
It is said that behind every great man there is a great woman, or so the saying goes. A successful Ake is not complete without a glamorous wag or girlfriend, as can be seen in the case of Kaylee Ramman.
Nathan, who has known his childhood sweetheart since they played together on the playground, has seen the relationship move from best friends to true love.
Kaylee currently runs a jewelry business called Status Medal, with the assistance of her boyfriend as of the time this article was written. In addition to selling gold, Kaylee is also a travel blogger and she owns her own website where she writes about her adventures.
Without a doubt, her beautiful body and glorious curves are the main reason why she attracts so many admirers.
For Nathan Me and Kaylee Ramman, it would only be a matter of time before wedding bells would start ringing. The fact that Nathan Ake was born shy and quiet cannot be denied, but he can be very eccentric and energetic when he wants to be. In addition to being an intelligent person who enjoys helping others, he is also a deep thinker who enjoys working with his hands.
Ake is able to see things from all sides, without prejudice, and this makes him a good problem solver. Nathan knows how to adapt to the new environment he finds himself in wherever his career takes him.
It is quite common for him to spend time alone and away from everything, except for Kaylee Ramman, his girlfriend, at times. This process is done in order to restore his energy and refuel his love life. In Nathan Ake’s opinion, the world is a real place, a place filled with possibilities.
At one point Nathan Ake revealed that his father Moise Aké died “a few minutes after” seeing his son score their first Champions League goal.
After joining the club in 2020, the 26-year-old tallied the opening goal which culminated in a 6–3 win over RB Leipzig, which was his second goal for the club. RB Leipzig has posted its condolences on Twitter. Ake posted a picture on his Instagram account of his father dying after being diagnosed with a terminal illness.
The past few weeks have been the toughest of my life. My dad has been very ill and he was not able to undergo any further treatment. There was a lot of support from my fiancée, family, and friends, and I thank them for it.
This is how he put it;
“Yesterday after a difficult time I scored my first Champions League goal, and only a few minutes after he passed away peacefully with my mum and brother by his side. Maybe it was meant to be because watching me play has always made him happy and proud of me. There is no doubt in my mind you are always with me, you will always be in my heart, and this one is for you, dad.”
Chelsea FC loan players have a dedicated WhatsApp group where they share their experiences with one another. Nathan Ake has been very active in the group.
In the course of his loan spell at Reading, he joined the team. The same happened at Watford and AFC Bournemouth as well.
While many of the disgruntled Chelsea FC players have decided to delete themselves, Nathan is among the many others who have decided to stay. He is the most active in the group after every physical training.
Nathan Ake Net Worth
How much does he earn in 2022?
It is expected that the center-back will sign a contract with Manchester City in the summer of 2020, and he will earn a whopping salary of 2.4 million Euros (2.0 Million Pounds) per year. We crunched the numbers and it turned out that he earns €6,557 (£5,661) per day and €273 (£236) per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2022
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||11 Million Euro (9.5 Million Pound)|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Not Available|
|Annual Salary||2.4 Million Euro (2.0 Million Pound)|
|Per Month Salary||€200,000 (£173,913)|
|Per Week Salary||€46,154 (£40,134)|
|Per Day Salary||€6,575 (£5,718)|
|Per Hour Salary||€274 (£238)|
|Per Minute Salary||€5 (£4)|
|Current Contract||With Manchester City|
|Contract Signed||Aug 5, 2020|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2025|
|Contract Signing Amount or Transfer Fee||$30.80 Million|
|Market Value||$27.50 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$77.00 Million (Oct 13, 2020)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||Range Rover|
As a defender, he is young and talented, and he is Bournemouth’s record signing. He plays for the Dutch national team. It is estimated that this lad has a price tag of $27.50 million.
Chelsea offered him a nice salary when he joined the team at the age of sixteen, which lured him to Stamford Bridge for the opportunity. As of now, he has been earning money at the highest level for a couple of years and Nathan Ake has an estimated net worth of 11 million euros (9.5 million pounds).
Nathan Ake Stats/ Rating In FIFA 22
He is currently 27 years old and plays as a center back for Manchester City in the English league. Currently, he has a FIFA 22 rating of 78 with a potential of 81. Aké has got a 2-star skillmoves rating.
As a rule, he prefers to shoot with his left foot. He has a work rate of Medium/High. Aké’s height is 180 centimeters and his weight is estimated to be 71 kilograms, based on our database. Currently, Nathan Aké is playing with numbers 6 and 4.
Nathan Ake FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|76||Heading Accuracy||59||FK Accuracy|
|77||Short Passing||73||Long Passing|
Nathan Ake with Chelsea
- The fifteen-year-old agreed to join Chelsea’s youth system from Feyenoord in 2010 when he was a teenager.
- He had played for Feyenoord since he was 12 years old, joining the club from ADO Den Haag.
- As a 17-year-old, Aké made his Premier League debut on 26 December 2012 against Norwich City. He replaced Juan Mata in added time at the end of the 1–0 victory at Carrow Road.
- The striker made his first start for the club in the FA Cup on 27 February 2013 in a 2–0 victory over Championship team Middlesbrough.
- I would like to make the following remarks about Etienne Capoue. On 11 April, he started for Chelsea as a defensive midfielder in their quarter-final match against Rubin Kazan in Moscow, a match that finished in a 3–2 loss but ended up in a 5–4 win on aggregate.
- Asked to be a substitute for Chelsea in the Europa League final against Benfica at the Amsterdam Arena on 16 May, which Chelsea won 2–1, Aké was unable to feature.
- On 16 May, he was named Chelsea’s Young Player of the Year. Three days later, he started for the first time in the Premier League in the 2-1 win over Everton at Stamford Bridge on the final matchday of the season.
- As of 8 August 2013, Aké signed a new five-year contract with Chelsea lasting until 2018.
- He was promoted to the first team after achieving a permanent position on the bench on 21 October 2014, when he made his UEFA Champions League debut from the subs’ bench in a 6–0 home win over Maribor, by replacing Cesc Fàbregas in the 60th minute and providing an assist for Eden Hazard’s second goal.
The loan spells
- Aké was loaned to Reading for one month on 25 March 2015, making his first of five appearances against Cardiff City in a 1-1 draw ten days later.
- Although he only played once for Chelsea in the league that season, as a substitute in a 3–0 loss to West Bromwich Albion on 18 May, manager José Mourinho said Aké would receive a winner’s medal for his efforts.
- Aké signed a new five-year contract with Chelsea after signing a season-long loan deal with newly-promoted Premier League club Watford on 14 August 2015.
- Eleven days later, he made his Hornets debut in a League Cup second-round match against Preston North End, which ended in a 1–0 loss.
- He made his Premier League debut as a substitute against Newcastle United on 19 September 2015, helping Watford win 2–1.
- At Vicarage Road, he opened a 3–0 win over Liverpool in the fourth minute after goalkeeper *dám Bogdán dropped a corner kick.
- During his time with Hertfordshire, manager Quique Sánchez Flores primarily used Aké as a left-back.
- He was named Watford’s Young Player of the Season for his performance and work ethic.
- Aké joined AFC Bournemouth on loan for the 2016–17 season on 29 June 2016.
- After Harry Arter was sent off for a challenge on Cheikhou Kouyaté, he made his Bournemouth debut in a 1–0 loss away to West Ham United, replacing Jordon Ibe.
- Aké made his full debut in the second round of the EFL Cup against Morecambe on 24 August following the defeat to West Ham.
- On 19 November, Aké scored his first goal for Bournemouth in a 1–0 win away to Stoke City.
- In the 4 December 2016 match against Liverpool, Bournemouth overcame a 3–1 deficit with 15 minutes to go and won 4–3.
- Aké’s winning goal came in the 93rd minute, his third Premier League goal and second against Liverpool.
Come back to Chelsea
- Aké was called up by Chelsea on 8 January 2017, making his first appearance for the club since the recall on 28 January in a 4–0 victory over Brentford in the FA Cup fourth round.
- On 18 February, he also started Chelsea’s 2–0 win over Wolverhampton Wanderers in the fifth round of the same competition.
- On 22 April, Aké started together with David Luiz and César Azpilicueta in Chelsea’s FA Cup semifinal victory over Tottenham Hotspur at Wembley Stadium, 4–2.
Nathan Ake at AFC Bournemouth
- On 30 June 2017, Aké signed a contract with Premier League club Bournemouth on a permanent basis for a club-record a £20 million transfer fee.
- The player officially re-joined the club the following day, when the 2017 transfer window opened.
- On 21 July, it was reported his former club Chelsea had inserted a buy-back clause for Aké in his transfer contract.
Nathan Ake in Manchester City
- Aké signed a five-year contract with Manchester City on 5 August 2020, for a reported fee of £41 million.
- Aké started and debuted in City’s opener of the season on 21 September, when City won 3–1 away to Wolverhampton Wanderers in the Premier League.
- On 27 September 2020, he scored City’s first goal in a 2–5 loss at home to Leicester City.
- Aké made his Champions League debut for City in the 3–0 home victory over Olympiacos on 3 November 2020.
- Aké scored his first Champions League goal on 15 September 2021, in a 6–3 victory over RB Leipzig.
- After the goal, he revealed that his terminally ill father had passed away shortly afterward.
- Aké has represented the Netherlands at every youth level since his under-15 debut in 2009, making 54 appearances.
- At U17 and U19 levels, he has captained the national team.
- Aké was in the squads that won the UEFA European Under-17 Championship in 2011 and 2012 in Serbia and Slovenia, respectively.
- Moise Aké was also eligible to represent Ivory Coast through his father.
- Aké made his senior international debut in 2017 during a friendly against Morocco, who lost 1–2 against the Netherlands.
Facts About Nathan Ake
- His versatility has been attributed to his work ethic, professionalism, and gifted technique.
- Born in The Hague, Netherlands, Aké joined VV Wilhelmus at the age of 6 and played there for two years until 2003 when he went to ADO Den Haag.
- Feyenoord signed him in 2007 after he spent 4 seasons at Den Haag.
- Chelsea paid €800 Thousand for him to join the Chelsea youth team at 16.
- As a 17-year-old, Aké made his Premier League debut against Norwich City as a substitute in a 1-0 win.
- The 27th of February 2013 saw his first start for the club in the FA Cup, in a 2–0 win over Middlesbrough.
- In his European debut, he played as a defensive midfielder against Rubin Kazan in Russia on 11 April, which ended in a 3–2 defeat.
- Aké has represented the Netherlands at every level since his under-15 years.
- In a 2–1 win over Morocco, he made his international debut.
- In the fourth minute of a 3–0 win over Liverpool, he scored his first senior goal.
- Young Player of the Season at Watford for his performance and work ethic.
- On 29 June 2016, Aké joined Bournemouth for the 2016–17 season on loan.
- Aké scored his first goal for Bournemouth in a 1–0 away win over Stoke City in his first-ever league match for the Cherries.
- For a club-record fee of £20 million, he signed a permanent contract with Premier League club Bournemouth on 30th June 2017.
- In July 2017, it was reported that his former club, Chelsea, had included a buy-back clause for Aké.
- Ake was promoted from the Chelsea youth setup to Chelsea in 2012. Reading signed him on loan and he played five times for them.
- In August 2015, he moved to newly-promoted Watford. He played 24 matches and scored one goal for the club.
- Having scored three goals in 12 appearances on loan at Bournemouth for the 2016-17 season, they paid a club-record fee to sign him permanently.
Is Nathan Ake Nigerian?
Aké was born in The Hague, South Holland. His father is from the Ivory Coast.
Where is Nathan Ake from?
The Hague, Netherlands
How old is Nathan Ake?
Who is Nathan Ake’s father?
Who is Nathan Ake’s mother?
A look at Nathan Ake’s life story reveals that our career path is not solely dependent on our childhood dreams when it comes to our career path. The fact that kids compelled him to stay in the post against his wishes was an opportunity for him to build himself up.
In our opinion, the parents should be commended for the fact that they have devoted a large part of their money to enrolling Nathan Ake in a sports academy. It is true they will be very proud of the fact that he never wasted the opportunity he had to succeed in his endeavors.
Thank you for taking out your precious time to read Woodgram’s version of Nathan Ake’s Biography. Our team of writers and researchers care about the accuracy of our content on Dutch Footballers. Please let us know if you spot any wrongs in our article.
On a final note, we would appreciate your feedback (below as a comment) on what you think about Nathan Ake, including our biography of him. Now, stay tuned for more Dutch Football Stories from WoodGram.