Cedric Ricardo Alves Soares, CvIH ComM (born August 31, 1991) is a Portuguese professional footballer. He plays as a right-back for Premier League side Arsenal and the Portugal national team. He goes by the name Cédric. Cédric began his professional career at Sporting CP, playing 93 competitive games over four seasons of the Primeira Liga and scoring twice.
In 2015, he committed to Southampton. Cédric made his Portugal senior debut in 2014 after accruing 72 caps at all youth levels. He competed for his nation at the 2018 World Cup and the 2016 Euros, winning that competition.
Cedric Soares Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Cédric Ricardo Alves Soares|
|Nick Name||Cedric Soares|
|Age (as of 2023)||32 years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Virgo|
|Birth Place||Singen, Germany|
|Date of Birth||31 August 1991|
|Hobbies||Music and Gym|
|Mother's Name||Not Available|
|Father's Name||Not Available|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Brands Endorsed||Not Available|
|Debut Club||Sporting CP|
Height and , Weight
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Portuguese|
|Favorite Playing Position||Defender|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Drinks||Red Bull|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
Dejan Lovren Biography, Age, Parents, Wife, Injury, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- Cédric, who was of Portuguese descent and was born in Singen, Baden-Württemberg, Germany, moved back to Portugal when he was two years old.
- In 1998, at the age of seven, he joined Sporting CP’s junior system.
- On May 8, 2011, Cédric made his Premier League debut for the first team, starting in a 0-1 home loss to Vitória de Setubal.
- In 2011–12, he and colleague Adrien Silva were loaned to Académica, a team in the same top division, where he featured often and captured the Taça de Portugal, playing the entire 90 minutes in the 1-0 victory over Sporting.
- Cédric afterward joined the Lisbon team again and was a perennial first-choice player during the next years.
- On December 15, 2012, he scored his first goal in the top division of Portugal, finishing with his left foot from 30 yards away against Nacional to tie the game at 1-1.
- Cédric was dismissed from the game against Braga in the domestic cup final on May 31, 2015, after giving away a penalty after fouling Djavan in the 14th minute, but Sporting went on to win in a shootout.
- Cédric was revealed on June 18, 2015, as Southampton’s second summer acquisition on a four-year deal, with the English club willing to spend up to €6.5 million (£4.7 million) for his talents.
- On July 30, he made his UEFA Europa League debut, playing the entire game in a 3-0 victory over Vitesse at home in the third qualifying round.
- Ten days later, he made his Premier League debut, helping Graziano Pellè score the first goal in a 2-2 draw against Newcastle United before being replaced by Cuco Martina at halftime.
- The first game Cédric played for Southampton was a 2-0 win away against Wigan Athletic in the sixth round of the FA Cup on March 18, 2018.
- Cédric signed a six-month loan with fellow Premier League outfit Arsenal on January 31, 2020.
- On June 24, 2020, it was revealed that Cédric has signed a long-term contract to join Arsenal permanently as a free transfer when his contract expired.
- Cédric made his Arsenal debut against Norwich City on July 1, 2020, coming on as a 77th-minute substitute and scoring a 20-yard left-footed goal four minutes later.
- Cédric was cup-tied and unable to participate in Arsenal’s successful 2019–20 FA Cup campaign after appearing as a substitute for Southampton in their FA Cup third-round match against Huddersfield Town.
- After the game finished in a tie at 1-1 on August 29, 2020, Cédric entered the game as a substitute and took and converted the third penalty in a shootout victory over Liverpool in the Community Shield.
- Cédric started his first Premier League game of the year on January 18, 2021, when his team defeated Newcastle United 3-0.
- Since then, he has filled in at left-back owing to Kieran Tierney’s injury, making five league starts in the process.
- Cedric scored again for Arsenal on May 22, 2022, the last day of the 2021–22 Premier League season.
- He skillfully converted a Bukayo Saka corner to give Arsenal their third goal in a 5-1 victory over Everton FC at Emirates Stadium.
- Cédric was a member of the Portuguese under-20 squad that was selected to compete in the 2011 FIFA U-20 World Cup in Colombia, where they ultimately placed second.
- His debut was on September 1, 2011, in a 2-0 victory in Moldova for the 2013 UEFA European Championship qualifications.
- He played ten times with the Portuguese under-21s.
- On October 11, 2014, he made his first start for the senior squad in a 1-2 friendly loss to France in Paris.
- Manager Fernando Santos chose Cédric for his UEFA Euro 2016 team.
- On June 25, he made his tournament debut with José Fonte of Southampton in the round of 16 matchups against Croatia (a 1-0 victory after extra time).
- He continued to hold that position up to the final, which France, the hosts, lost.
- On June 17, 2017, he scored his first goal for his nation, tying the score at 2-2 against Mexico in the group stage of the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup in the Kazan Arena in Russia.
- He was selected for the Portugal team’s World Cup roster in May 2018.
- For the first time since 2019, Cédric was called up to the national squad in March 2021 for the World Cup qualification matches.
- He started and contributed an assist in Portugal’s first match since October 2018 against Serbia on March 27 in a 2-2 draw.
Cedric Soares Awards
- Taça de Portugal: 2011–12
- Taça de Portugal: 2014–15
- EFL Cup runner-up: 2016–17
- FA Community Shield: 2020
Cedric Soares Net Worth
The range of Cedric Soares’s net worth or income is thought to be between $9 Million. However, his major occupation as a soccer player has brought him a significant amount of wealth.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$9 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$8 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$6.5 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2020 (Approx)||$5.4 Million|
|Annual Salary||$1.3 Million|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
Kamil Grabara Biography, Age, Wife, Current Teams, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Cedric Soares FIFA 22 Stats
In FIFA 22, Cedric Soares has an overall rating of 75 and his potential is also 75.
Jeremy Doku Biography, Age, Parents, Wife, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
He is currently 32 years old (as of 2023).
He is 172 cm tall.
He plays as a defender.
After his transfer to Arsenal, his net worth is $9 Million (as of 2023).