Catherine Tresa Alexander is a well-known Indian film actress. She appears in all South Indian Languages such as Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, and Kannada films. Catherine got huge popularity for her acting in the Tamil movie Madras and Godfather.
Catherine was born in a Malayali family on 10 September 1989 in Dubai, UAE. Her father’s name is Frank Mario Alexander and her mother’s name is Tresa Alexander. She has a brother, Christopher Alexander, who committed suicide in 2014.
Catherine Tresa Wiki/Bio[table id=2351 /]
Catherine Tresa completed her Class 12 in Dubai and moved to Bangalore for higher education. While studying, she learned to play the piano, and got trained in singing, dancing, ice skating, and debating. In Dubai, Tresa was an Emirates Environment volunteer.
At the age of 14, she did some amateur modeling for fashion design graduate students. After coming to India, she modeled for Nalli Silks, Chennai Silks, Fast Track, Josco Jewellers, and Deccan Chronicle. She has also shot for Srikantadatta Wodeyar’s Maharaja Calendar and had participated with Prasad Bidapa in various ramp shows across India.
Catherine Tresa Net Worth
According to Woodgram, Catherine Tresa’s estimated Net Worth, Salary, Income, Cars, Lifestyles & much more details have been updated below. Let’s check, How Rich is Catherine Tresa in 2023?[table id=2352 /]
Noted, right now, We don’t have enough information about Cars, Monthly/Yearly Salary, etc. We will update soon.
- In 2014, her brother, Christopher, committed suicide by hanging himself to the window bars in his college hostel room. Few reports implied that the actress’s brother, who was continuing his commerce degree at a private college in Bangalore, had been enduring depression and that he had no resources or financial support from either Catherine or his family. However, Catherine Tresa rejected all such allegations and said that she and her brother were on very good words.
- Deccan Chronicle, a putative English daily, wrote an article in May 2016 defying the actress’s poor Telugu during her speech at the Allu Arjun starrer ‘Sarrainadu’ success press join. Intense with such a sub-standard level of journalism, she released a declaration, “To the Deccan Chronicle, Hyderabad. The levels you stoop to in the name of journalism never cease to amaze me. To write that I had no idea what my own lines in the movie meant shows you really should not be writing at all. Common sense would dictate that I want to understand my lines before I deliver them in the film. But obviously, common sense and all forms of logic are clearly lacking in your case…”
In 2010, Catherine Tresa made her acting debut Kannada movie Shankar IPS opposite Duniya Vijay. She went on to act in the Malayalam movies, The Thriller and Uppukandam Brothers: Back in Action. Catherine played a role in the 2011 Kannada movie Vishnu that she said was “equally opposite to her real-life”.
It was followed by the Kannada movie Godfather opposite Upendra, which was directed by cinematographer turned film-maker Sethu Sriram. Her role in the movie was that of an older mentally challenged woman. Tresa’s performance earned her her first nomination for an award in the Best Supporting Actress category at the 60th Filmfare Awards South.
Tresa next signed up for Chammak Challo directed by Neelakanta, in which she performed “an urbane, bold and dynamic girl”. It was a box office failure, but she got marked and received positive reviews. She played one of the female leads in Puri Jagannadh’s Telugu movie Iddarammayilatho. The film released in June 2013 and got rave reviews.
Catherine next performed in Paisa by Krishna Vamsi playing a Muslim in the movie, who is sweet, very inhibited, and talks a lot with her eyes. Tresa made her venture into the Tamil film industry with Madras in which she starred opposite Karthi in 2014. The second Tamil movie is the S Thanu production, Kanithan directed by debutante Santosh in which Catherine starred opposite Adharvaa. Catherine has been signed for 2 Telugu films: Gunasekhar’s Rudhramadevi touted to be the first Indian 3D historic movie and Errabus which is being directed and produced by Dasari Narayana Rao.[table id=2353 /]
Facts About Catherine Tresa
- Does Catherine Tresa smoke: Not Known
- Does Catherine Tresa drink alcohol: Not Known
- Tresa is a specialist at singing, dancing, debating & ice-skating.
- During her stop in Dubai, she also worked as an Emirates Environment volunteer.
- In her career so far, she has modeled for several brands including Nalli Silks, Chennai Silks, Fast Track, Josco Jewellers, and Deccan Chronicle.
- Catherine once lost some kilos in order to have a toned body for a calendar photoshoot.
- She is best known for her performances in the films: Godfather, Chammak Challo, and Madras.
34 years (10 September 1989)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Frank Mario Alexander