Football player Breel Donald Embolo (born 14 February 1997) plays forward for Ligue 1 team Monaco. He represents the Switzerland national team and was born in Cameroon. Embolo, who was born in Cameroon, first lived in France before settling in Switzerland. Embolo made his professional debut for Basel in March 2014 after progressing through their youth divisions.
He won the Swiss Super League in each of his first three seasons before transferring to Schalke 04 for an initial €20 million. He sustained an ankle injury shortly after joining the Bundesliga that kept him from playing for close to a year. In March 2015, Embolo earned his senior international debut while playing for Switzerland.
Breel Embolo Bio/Wiki
[table id=5331 /]
- U16 Swiss Champion: 2011–12, 2012–13
- Swiss Super League: 2013–14, 2014–15, 2015–16
- FC Basel Young Player of the Year: 2013
- Swiss Footballer of the Year: 2015
Breel Embolo Net Worth
The range of Breel Embolo’s net worth or income is thought to be between €10,000,000. However, his major occupation as a soccer player has brought him a significant amount of wealth.
[table id=5332 /]
Breel Embolo FIFA 22 Stats
In FIFA 22, Breel Embolo has an overall rating of 77 and his potential is also 80.
[table id=5333 /]
- Embolo began playing football as a youngster with Nordstern.
- He transitioned to Basel’s youth system via Old Boys in 2010.
- He participated in Basel’s U-16 throughout the 2011–12 and 2012–13 seasons.
- He twice attained this level’s Swiss Championship championship with the U-16 squad.
- He earned a number of individual awards, including the 2013 Basel Youngster of the Year.
- He entered into his first professional deal with the club just three weeks after turning 16 years old.
- He advanced to play on their U-18 and U-21 teams in the summer of 2013.
- Embolo made his professional debut on March 13 at St. Jakob-Park in the Europa League round of 16 first leg as Geoffroy Serey’s 90th-minute replacement.
- Red Bull Salzburg and the opposition played to a scoreless draw.
- Three days later, in the 5-0 victory over Aarau at home, he made his Swiss Super League debut by substituting in the 85th minute.
- Just four minutes later, he scored the game’s last goal and his first goal for the squad.
- He and Basel won the league championship at the conclusion of the 2013–14 Super League season.
- They also advanced to the 2013–14 Swiss Cup final, however, Embolo remained on the bench as they were defeated 2-0 by Zürich after extra time.
- Schalke 04, a Bundesliga team, announced on June 26, 2016, that Embolo had been acquired from Basel on a five-year contract for a reported €20 million plus add-ons.
- He made his DFB-Pokal debut on August 20 against FC 08 Villingen of the sixth division, starting and scoring in a 4-1 win.
- A week later, he replaced Franco Di Santo at halftime in the season-opening 1-0 loss against Eintracht Frankfurt to make his league debut.
- On October 2, he scored a brace in the club’s 4-0 victory over Borussia Mönchengladbach to record his first league goals for Gelsenkirchen.
- After being fouled by Kostas Stafylidis in his subsequent game against Augsburg, he sustained a catastrophic injury eleven days later.
- On June 28, 2019, Embolo agreed to a four-year contract with Borussia Mönchengladbach, another Bundesliga team.
- On August 9, in a 1-0 victory over SV Sandhausen, he made his DFB-Pokal debut by replacing Jonas Hofmann at the break.
- He scored his first goal for the team in a 3-1 victory against Mainz 05 fifteen days later while playing once more from the bench.
- Embolo scored twice as Gladbach unexpectedly defeated FC Bayern Munich 5-0 on October 27, 2021.
- This was Bayern Munich’s largest-ever DFB-Pokal loss and their first-ever elimination from a cup competition.
- Embolo signed a four-year contract with Ligue 1 team Monaco on July 15, 2022.
- Over €12 million was reportedly given to Mönchengladbach as the transfer price.
- For the Switzerland U16 national team, Embolo made four appearances. On November 1, 2012, he scored his first goal for his country during a 3-0 victory over the Ukraine U16 team while on the road.
- He was also qualified to represent Cameroon, but in December 2014 he swore allegiance to Switzerland instead.
- On March 31, 2015, he earned his senior international debut by taking Josip Drmi’s place after 56 minutes of a 1-1 friendly tie between Switzerland and the United States in Zürich.
- In a 7-0 victory over San Marino on October 9 at the AFG Arena in St. Gallen, he scored his first goal for his country, scoring a penalty after Alessandro Della Valle fouled Eren Derdiyok; the outcome qualified the Swiss for UEFA Euro 2016.
- Vladimir Petkovic, the manager, chose Embolo for the final competition in France.
- He was a substitute in the first two group games, starting against the home team in a scoreless draw in Lille, and then came off the bench in Poland’s loss on penalties after a 1-1 draw in the round of 16.
- Embolo opened a 2-0 victory against European champions Portugal in the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifying match at the home of his old club in Basel.
- He was selected by Petkovi to represent the team in the finals in Russia.
- Embolo scored just once during UEFA Euro 2020 qualification, giving the Swiss a 3-0 lead in a 3-3 draw against Denmark on March 27, 2019, at home.
He is currently 26 years old (as of 2023).
He is 187 cm tall.
He plays as a forward.
After his transfer to AS Monaco, his net worth is €10,000,000 (as of 2023).