Bobby Darling Profile, Bio, Height, Affair, Age, Family, Wiki
Bobby Darling is an openly transgender Indian actress active in Bollywood and regional Indian films, celebrity, reality show participant, and model. Before transitioning she appeared in the Limca Book of Records for doing 18 roles as a gay man by the time she was 23 years old. Bobby, during a visit to audition for a television show, caught the attention of Rishi Vohra, who cast her in the film Maine Dil Tujhko Diya as the leader of the college group The Sisters. Initially a minor role, the character was given a more pivotal part when producer-cum-director Sohail Khan was impressed with her performance during its filming.
In 2006 Darling came into wider Indian prominence when casting in the first season reality TV program Bigg Boss, which follows the Big Brother format, which was first developed by Endemol in the Netherlands. Darling was also the first person representing sexuality minorities who have continued on the show. She has since appeared on other shows, and media, and made appearances while continuing her acting career.
She was born on 10th January 1986 in Banaras. She is the second of three children of a carpet maker. As a young boy, she played only with girls and wanted to be a woman. In the eighth grade, she started using her mother’s lipsticks and saris. In the 12th grade, she had her first serious relationship with a male classmate. Her parents took her to a sexologist, a psychiatrist, and even a temple.
Father- Not Known (English professor, Bank employee)
Mother- Not Known
Brother- 1 (Younger, Fashion designer)
Sister- 1 (Elder, Homemaker)
Bobby Darling Wiki/Bio
Real Name Pankaj Sharma (Before sex-change)
Pakhi Sharma (After sex-change)
Bobby Darling Physical Stats
Height (approx.) in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 5”
Weight (approx.) in Kilograms- 60 kg
in Pounds- 132 lbs
Figure Measurements 35-29-34
Eye Colour Dark Brown
Hair Colour Wears Wig
Bobby Darling Personal Life
Date of Birth 10 January 1974
Age (as in 2017) 43 Years
Birth Place Delhi, India
Zodiac sign/Sun sign Capricorn
Hometown Delhi, India
Debut Film: Taal (1999)
TV: Kaahin Kissii Roz (2001)
Address A flat in Oshiwara, Mumbai
Hobbies Dancing, traveling
Bobby Darling Controversies
- In 2007, Bobby was accused of sexual harassment by model Surjit Jagdish Singh. He said that Bobby promised him to get a few roles in return for sexual favors. But, when he refused her the sexual favors, Bobby threatened him to destroy his career. After this, a case has been registered in Oshiwara Police Station, Mumbai under the section of Sections 504 and 506 of the Indian Penal Code against her.
- In 2009, Bobby had alleged that she was in a relationship with the cricketer Munaf Patel. However, Munaf dismissed the rumor by saying, “I don`t know. For God`s sake, don`t drag me into all this. People are laughing at me. My reputation has gone down the drain. But let me reach India, I will deal with the issue. This is absurd. What relationship? This is not for the first time he, or she, has said this. I tolerated this nonsense in the past, but it seems to have become never-ending. I am contemplating legal action. I`ve even spoken to my lawyer.”
- In September 2017, Bobby filed FIR against the husband for domestic violence and unnatural sex.
Bobby Darling Favourite Things
Favourite Actor Sunny Deol, Hrithik Roshan, Salman Khan
Favourite Politician Rahul Gandhi
Bobby Darling Boyfriend/Husband
Sexual Orientation Female (Transgender)
Marital Status Married
Affairs/Boyfriends Ankit Sharma (Actor)
Ramneek Sharma (Businessman)
Husband/Spouse Ramneek Sharma (Businessman, m.2016-present)
Marriage Date 8 February 2016
Children Son- N/A
2005, Best Supporting Actor/Actress, Monaco International Film Festival, (Monaco) for Navarasa
Year Film Role Notes
1999 Taal Dress Designer
2001 Style N/A
2002 Na Tum Jaano Na Hum N/A
2002 Maine Dil Tujhko Diya Cameo
2002 Jeena Sirf Merre Liye
2003 Valentine Days
2003 Chalte Chalte
2004 Tum – A Dangerous Obsession
2004 Dil Ne Jise Apna Kahaa
2004 Tauba Tauba
2005 Page 3
2005 Kyaa Kool Hai Hum Kiran
2005 Nazar Dancer
2005 Navarasa Bobby
2006 Mr 100% – The Real Player Herself
2006 Naughty Boy
2006 Saawan – The Love Season
2006 Tom, Dick, and Harry
2006 Ek Se Mera Kya Hoga
2006 Hota Hai Dil Pyaar Mein Paagal
2006 Apna Sapna Money Money Bobby Mohabbati
2007 Traffic Signal Cameo
2008 Phir Tauba Tauba
2008 Mr. White Mr. Black
2008 Dhoom Dadakka
2008 Money Hai Toh Honey Hai
2009 Club ’07
2009 Potadar Kirti
2010 Will You Marry Me?
2010 Problem Mein Phas Gaya Yaar
2010 Apartment Paying Guest
2011 Naughty Girl Herself
2012 Daal Mein Kuch Kaala Hai
2012 Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi Bobbylina Boywala
2013 Super Model Bobby
2014 Hasee Toh Phasee Himself In the song ‘Drama Queen Hai’
2014 Dee Saturday Night Himself
Year Show Role Notes Channel
2004 Kaahin Kissii Roz Cameo Star Plus
2005 Kasautii Zindagii Kay Mr. Softy
2005 Fame Gurukul Contestant Sony TV
2006 Bigg Boss 1 Herself/Contestant Evicted, Day 6
2006 Kitne Cool Hai Hum Herself Zee TV
2007 Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi Herself Cameo Star Plus
2008 Late Night Show with Begum Nawazish Ali Host N/A
2009 Sach Ka Saamna Contestant Himself Star Plus
2010 Emotional Atyachar Herself Bindaas TV
2011 Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? Herself Sanaya Irani’s friend Star Plus
2012 Aahat Bobby Sony TV
2013 Yeh Hai Aashiqui Friend and business manager Bindaas TV
2014 Sasural Simar Ka Bobby Khushi’s friend Colors TV
Some Known Facts About Bobby Darling
- Does Bobby Darling smoke?: No
- Does Bobby drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Bobby used to be an introvert in her childhood days and used to play with girls only.
- For the first time, Bobby dressed up as a girl when he was in the 8th standard.
- By the time Bobby reached the 12th standard, she was in a relationship with a classmate. When Bobby’s parents came to know about it, they consulted specialists including a sexologist and a psychiatrist. Bobby’s father used to beat her for her sexual preference.
- After the demise of her mother due to ‘kidney failure’, her boyfriend broke up with her after which she tried to commit suicide, but her father saved her.
- After facing constant teasing by her college mates, she left Delhi to Mumbai with just INR 8000 in her pocket.
When she first arrived in Mumbai, she lived in the railway station for 15 days.
- She started her career as a ‘gay dancer’ in a bar.
- When she started to look out for work in acting, she was suggested to change her name to Bobby Chikna, Bobby Sexy, Bobby Hot, etc. When she went for an audition at N Chandra’s office, he asked her my name and she spontaneously replied with the name ‘Bobby Darling.’ He found her name so catchy that he promised to give her work.
- She made her film debut with Subhash Ghai’s ‘Taal’ (1999), where she played the role of Aishwarya Rai‘s make-up artist.
- Bengali actress Moon Moon Sen and her daughters helped Bobby in her difficult times in Mumbai.
- She holds the ‘Limca Book of Record’ for playing the role of a gay 18 times in movies.
- She participated in ‘Bigg Boss 1’ (2006) and was the first one to get eliminated.
- She underwent a sex change operation before her marriage.