Sammie Marquez Benson (born April 8, 1990), better known as Blac Youngsta, is a Tennessee-based rapper. He’s signed to Yo Gotti’s Collective Music Group (CMG) as well as Epic Records.
Following a series of mixtapes, his 2017 song “Hip Hopper” and 2018 single “Booty” were the most successful, with the latter peaking at number 73 on the Billboard Hot 100. Both tracks can be found on his first studio album 223 (2019), which reached number 42 on the Billboard 200.
Blac Youngsta Bio/Wiki
|Real Name||Sammie Marquez Benson|
|Date Of Birth||8 April 1990|
|Birth Place||Memphis, Tennessee, United States|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$6 million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$8 million|
Marquez, Sammie Benson was born on April 8, 1990, at McMillan Street, an impoverished neighbourhood on Memphis’s south side. Their grandparents reared Benson and his younger brothers. Despite the fact that both of his grandparents worked, they made very little and struggled to put food on the table. Benson’s grandpa got him a job at a local grocery shop when he was only 7 years old, but he was dismissed after the manager caught him sending fictitious orders to the business in order to take the food home for him and his siblings.
Benson began selling narcotics after losing his employment at the business and spent time in jail on drug and weapons charges. After completing a year in jail, Benson began holding neighbourhood block parties in 2012, which helped him become well-known in South Memphis. Soon after, he began pursuing a music career, releasing his debut mixtape Fast Bricks.
Serge Gnabry Biography, Age, Height, Father, Career, Net Worth
- On January 8, 2016, police were summoned to a Wells Fargo office in downtown Atlanta, Georgia, when Blac Youngsta pulled $200,000 from his bank account to buy a vehicle.
- Workers suspected Blac Youngsta of stealing the bank after he was observed leaving with the money.
- Youngsta and his pals were apprehended and released at the site.
- Youngsta later accused the police and bank employees of racial profiling, stating he was detained because he was “young and black.”
- Blac Youngsta surrendered to authorities on May 16, 2017, on accusations relating to a shooting involving fellow Memphis rapper Young Dolph, in which Youngsta and his cohorts are accused of firing over 100 bullets into Young Dolph’s SUV.
- Before surrendering himself, Blac Youngsta maintained his innocence.
- The same day, he was freed on bail after being charged with six counts of firing a firearm into an occupied home or moving vehicle, as well as criminal conspiracy.
- The accusations were withdrawn in May 2019.
42 Dugg Net Worth, Height, Age, Girlfriend, Career, Birthplace, & Wiki
- Benson, who went by the artist moniker ‘Blac Youngsta,’ began pursuing his music career more seriously in 2012, releasing three mixtapes as part of his Fast Bricks series from 2012 to 2014.
- His breakthrough single “Heavy” was published in 2015, and it caught the notice of Yo Gotti, who performed on the remix and signed Blac Youngsta to his Collective Music Group label.
- I Swear To God, Blac Youngsta’s debut mixtape as a member of CMG, was released on September 24, 2015, and includes guest appearances by Yo Gotti and Boosie Badazz.
- Blac Youngsta released Young & Reckless in March 2016, followed by Fuck Everybody in September 2016, which featured Young Thug, Quavo, Jacquees, and YFN Lucci.
- Blac Youngsta released Illuminati, his fourth mixtape as a member of CMG, in February 2017, including guest appearances from Kodak Black, Lil Yachty, and Slim Jxmmi.
- After Blac Youngsta turned himself in for his role in a gunshot aimed at Yo Gotti’s longstanding nemesis, Young Dolph, a grassroots campaign called “Free Blac Youngsta” was launched, with fellow rapper Young Thug releasing a song of the same name on May 17, 2017.
- Following his release, Blac Youngsta launched his own label imprint under CMG, Heavy Camp, and released I’m Innocent, a mixtape with guest appearances from Slim Jxmmi and Ty Dolla Sign, in June 2017.
- Blac Youngsta secured his first big label deal with Epic Records in December 2017.
- Youngsta released his first studio album, 223, on Epic in February 2018, featuring guest features from Lil Yachty, Travis Scott, and French Montana.
- The album debuted at number 42 on the Billboard 200.
- The album also yielded the popular track “Booty,” which peaked at number 73 on the Billboard Hot 100 and was certified Gold by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).
- Blac Youngsta released Fuck Everybody 2, a sequel to his 2016 mixtape Fuck Everybody, in August 2018, which debuted on the Billboard 200, reaching number 63.
- Blac Youngsta’s EP, Cut Up, was released in May 2019.
- Blac Youngsta stated on Twitter in August 2019 that his second studio album will be named Church on Sunday.
- Blac Youngsta announced an international tour of the same name in October 2019, which would begin in November 2019.
- At the end of the month, Church on Sunday was published.
- He was featured on Moneybagg Yo’s song “1 2 3” in January 2020, which was eventually released as a single in April 2020 and charted on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs list, giving him his second charting hit on that chart.
Blac Youngsta Songs
|“Like a Pro”||2019|
|“I Met Tay Keith First”||2020|
|“Where They Do That”||2020|
- I Swear to God Tour (2015)
- Young & Reckless Tour (2016)
- I’m Innocent Tour (2017)
- Pull Up Tour (2018)
- Church on Sunday International Tour (2019)
Blac Youngsta Net Worth
Sammie Marquez Benson aka Blac Youngsta has an estimated net worth of $8 million. Blac makes a career as an American rapper residing in Tennessee. He rose to prominence after his song “Booty” reached the 73rd spot on the Billboard Hot 100.
Blac spent $3 million for an extremely lavish and opulent Los Angeles home. He also enjoys automobiles and has many high-end vehicles costing millions of dollars.
His yearly salary in 2023 will be $800,000. His songs, mixtapes, guest appearances, collaborations, and brand promotions are his main sources of revenue.
Sammie Marquez Benson
33 years old (born April 8, 1990)
Blac makes a career as an American rapper residing in Tennessee.