Bill Gates is an American business tycoon, entrepreneur, computer engineer, investor, writer, and humanitarian. Alongside his school buddy Paul Allen, he co-founded Microsoft. Throughout his time at Microsoft, Gates served as CEO, chairman, president, & chief software designer, as well as being the company’s largest single stakeholder until May 2014. In the 1970s & 1980s, he was a key figure in the micro-computer revolution.
Gates is among the most powerful and wealthy persons on the globe. He has a vast fortune, which is equal to the total Gdp of numerous African nations. In recent times, he has focused his efforts on his charity organization, The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, rather than working constantly at Microsoft.
Bill Gates Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||William Henry Gates III|
|Age||66 Years (as in 2022)|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Scorpio|
|Birth Place||Seattle, Washington, USA|
|Date of Birth||October 28, 1955|
|Residence||Seattle, Washington, USA|
|Home Town||Seattle, Washington, USA|
|Mother's Name||Mary Maxwell Gates|
|Father's Name||William H. Gates Sr.|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Wife/Spouse||Melinda Gates (1994 - 2021)|
|Marriage Date||January 1, 1994|
|Children||Rory John Gates|
Jennifer Katharine Gates
Phoebe Adele Gates
|School||Lakeside Preparatory Institution|
|Educational Qualification||Pre-Law Major (Drop-out)|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm|
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (Approx.)||in Kilograms- 70 kg|
in Pounds- 154 lbs
|Chest Size||41 inches|
|Biceps Size||13 inches|
|Waist Size||37 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||German|
|Eye Color||Greyish Blue|
|Dress Size||Not Available|
|Shoe Size||9 (US)|
McDonald's menu items
|Favourite Books||The Code Breaker: Jennifer Doudna, Gene Editing, and the Future of the Human Race|
Klara and the Sun
A Thousand Brains: A New Theory of Intelligence
Project Hail Mary
|Favourite Colors||None (Gates is color blind)|
|Favourite Movies||Spy Game|
Three Days of the Condor
The Great Gatsby
|Controversies||When Gates was at the peak of his career at Microsoft, he was criticized heavily for creating monopoly in software business. He was called ruthless robber baron and power hungry egoist. |
Though now Gates focuses more on climate change and healthcare development, he is been criticized there too. After his statement that US companies should patent their Covid-19 Vaccines, Gates was criticized heavily. Now people are anticipating that he want to create monopoly in heath care industry just as he did with software.
Bill Murray Bio, Age, Brother, Children, Wife, Net Worth, Movies & Wiki
Bill Gates was born on 28th October 1955, in Seattle, Washington. William H. Gates Sr. and Mary Gates are his parents. He has German, English, Irish, and Scots-Irish ancestors. His dad was a well-known lawyer, while his mom was a member of the boards of directors of First Interstate Banc System as well as United Ways of America.
Gates has a younger sister named Libby, and an elder sister, Kristi. While Gates was only seven years old, his family resided in a house in Seattle’s Sand Point neighbourhood that was wrecked by a rare tornado. He attended Lakeside Preparatory Institution, which is a private top school.
At the young age of 13, Bill Gates created his earliest software application. In high school, he co-founded Traf-O-Data, a firm that marketed traffic-counting devices to municipal governments, with a group of developers who digitised their school’s payment system.
In 1975, while still a student at Harvard, Gates teamed up with a buddy from his small home town, Paul G. Allen, to create software for the earliest micro-computers. They started by converting BASIC, a widely-used programming language for big computers, to a microcomputer-friendly version.
Bill Gates Net Worth
Bill Gates has a net worth of $138 billion dollars.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$139 Billion|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$131 Billion|
|Annual Salary||$7 Billion (2021 earning)|
|Income Source||Microsoft Stake holding|
Bill Gates was the wealthiest man in the planet for most of the last two decades. When Amazon founder – Jeff Bezos overtook him as the world’s richest person in July 2017, he fell to second place. He is now routinely ranked among the world’s top five wealthiest persons.
Bill Gates is significantly involved in real estate. In the real estate market, he invests in both residential and commercial buildings. His current residence, Xanadu 2.0, is estimated to be worth $130 million. Aside from his property, he has a number of other assets, including an own island.
Bill Gates House List
|Xanadu 2.0, California||$130 million|
|Beach House, Del Mar, California||$43 million|
|Mansion, Indian Wells, California||$12.5 Million|
|Villa, Hobe Sound, Florida||$5 Million|
|Many Properties in Wellington, Florida||$27.2 Million|
|Estate, Rancho Santa Fe, California||$18 Million|
|Dollar Pad at the Yellowstone Club, Big Sky, Montana||Multi-Million Dollar|
|Ranch in Cody, Wyoming||$8.9 Million|
|Grand Bogue Caye, Belize (private island)||$2 Million|
Bill Gates Car & Private Jet Collection
|1979 Porsche 911|
|BMW 7 Series|
|Cessna 208 Caravan seaplane|
|Bombardier BD-700 Global Express|
Chelsea Clinton Biography, Age, Children, Husband, Net Worth & Wiki
- Bill Gates dropped out of Harvard around his junior year & co-founded Microsoft alongside Allen.
- While Microsoft leased an OS called MS-DOS to IBM (International Business Machines Corporation), then the world’s largest computer manufacturer and business pacesetter for usage on its first micro-computer, the IBM Personal Computers, Gates’ influence in the baby microcomputer industry grew significantly.
- IBM swiftly established the technological benchmark for the PC market after its debut in 1981, and MS-DOS drove out rival software packages.
- While Microsoft’s autonomy affected IBM’s relationship, Gates skillfully leveraged the larger corporation into being permanently reliant on him for critical software.
- Microsoft was also used by manufacturers of IBM compatible PCs, or copies, for their core software. By the early 1990s, he had established himself as the ultimate powerbroker in the PC business.
- Gates built a significant paper wealth as Microsoft’s largest single shareholder, mostly due to the organization’s growth.
- In 1986, Bill Gates was becoming a billionaire, and then within a decade, Gates’s net worth had risen into the billions of dollars, putting him the world’s richest corporate individual, according to some figures.
- Gates initially sought to keep out of the public spotlight, conducting civic and charitable concerns informally through one of his charities, as he had few interests outside software as well as the possibilities of information technology.
- Gates became a more prominent presence as Microsoft’s strength and reputation expanded, particularly as it grabbed the interest of the US Justice Departments’ antitrust section.
- Rivals, especially in Silicon Valley, painted him as ruthless, deceitful, and hell-bent on profiting from practically every electronic transaction on the planet.
- His followers, on the other side, praised his acute business sense, versatility, and insatiable need to discover new methods to make computers & gadgets more helpful through software.
- Bill Gates’ rapid response to the unexpected interests of the public with in Internet exemplified all of these attributes.
- Starting in 1995 & 1996, Gates worked diligently to reorganise Microsoft on the advancement of consumer and business software products for the Internet, creating the Windows CE os framework for networking non-computer systems such as home television sets and digital assistants.
- He also launched Microsoft Network to operate with America Online as well as other Internet Broadband providers, and acquiring the massive Bettmann picture archives as well as other assets through Gates’ firm Corbis.
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Bill Gates was well-known for his humanitarian activity in extention to his job at Microsoft. He founded the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (originally named the William Gates Foundation) in 1994 alongside his then-wife, Melinda, to finance worldwide health programmes as well as initiatives in Pacific Northwest.
- The pair also supported North American libraries by Gates Library Foundation (which was renamed in 1999 as the Gates Learning Foundation) and secured funds for minority study fellowships through Gates Millennium Scholar’s programme in the late 1990s.
- Warren Buffett pledged a continuous donation to the organization in June 2006, allowing the foundation’s assets to reach $60 billion with in following 20 years.
- The foundation continues to focus on worldwide health & development, and also community & education concerns in the United States, at the turn of the twenty-first century.
- Bill Gates resigned from day-to-day management of Microsoft in June 2008, while he maintained as the chairman of the Microsoft board, in desire to dedicate more attention to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, after a brief period of transition.
- He then resigned as chairman in February 2014, but remained on the board until 2020.
- Gates is currently occupied with his philanthropic and climate change efforts. The very first Sodium nuclear plant will be built in Wyoming by Gates’ business TerraPower with Warren Buffett’s Pacifi Corp in June 2021.
- He’s also putting a lot of money into health-care innovations, leading to concerns that he’s trying to establish legal monopolies in the field.
Vanna White Bio, Age, Net Worth, Husband, Kids & Wiki
- Bill Gates possesses a treasury of Da Vinci’s works.
- Queen Elizabeth II knighted him in 2005.
- Xanadu 2.0 is the name of Gates family home.
- In 2017, he played tennis during his first charity game against tennis superstar Roger Federer.
- In the television show The Big Bang Theory, he performed himself.
- Business @ the Speed of Thought, The Road Ahead, and How to Avoid a Climate Disaster are the three books authored by Gates.
- Gates has been the main topic of six documentaries as of 2019.
- Gates was a self-made billionaire at the age of 31.
- Gates claims that there will only be one part of life that he deeply regret, and that is the fact that he can only communicate in one human language that is English.
- In 1977, he was arrested for a traffic violation in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
How is Bill Gates so rich?
Gates’s net worth is around $139 billion and he has built up most of his wealth by being the founder, CEO, chairman & software architect at Microsoft.
What is Bill Gates IQ level?
Bill has a IQ level of 160.
What is Bill Gates salary?
In 2021, he increased his wealth by $7 billion.
How much does Bill Gates make per second?
As per his earning in 2021, Bill earns around $221.9 per second.
What is the age of Bill Gates?
How much does Bill Gates own of Microsoft?
Gates owns only 1.3% of Microsoft.
What kind of watch does Bill Gates wear?
Casio Quartz Diver 200m.
Is Bill Gates Colour blind?
Yes, in one od his interviews he revealed that he is colour blind.