Benjamin Netanyahu is an Israeli politician who served as the country’s ninth prime minister from 1996 to 1999 and again from 2009 to 2021. Netanyahu is the current Leader of the Opposition and Chairman of the National Liberal Movement of the Likud Party. He was the longest serving prime minister in the history of Israel, serving for a total of 15 years. He was also the first Israeli prime minister born after the country’s independence.
Benjamin Netanyahu is a Tel Aviv native who grew up in Jerusalem. He moved on to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in the United States to pursue a degree in architecture. After completing his Master’s degree, he returned to Israel and became the director of the Jonathan Netanyahu Anti-Terror Institute. Netanyahu acted as Israel’s ambassador to the United Nations between 1984 and 1988. In 1993, he became Israel’s youngest prime minister ever. After this, Benjamin Netanyahu was re-elected to four additional terms, the most recent of which ended in 2020.
- Andrés Iniesta Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Family, Net Worth & Wiki
- Tom Hardy Biography, Wife, Height, Movies, TV Shows, Net Worth & Wiki
Benjamin Netanyahu Bio/Wiki
Benjamin Netanyahu was born to a Jewish household in Tel Aviv, Israel, in 1949. Tzila Segal, his mother, was born in the Mutasarrifate of Jerusalem of the Ottoman Empire, while his father, Benzion Netanyahu, was a historian.
He was born and reared in Jerusalem, where he graduated from Henrietta Szold Elementary School. He resided with his family in Cheltenham Township, Pennsylvania, in the late 1950s and early 1960s.
He returned to Israel only at age of 18, whereupon he served five years in the military as a captain within Sayeret Matkal, an elite commando organization. In 1968, he participated in an attack on Beirut’s airport and battled in the Middle East war of 1973.
Netanyahu returned to the United States after serving in the military for earning bachelor’s and master’s degrees from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in the United States.
Jonathan Netanyahu, Netanyahu’s brother, was murdered in Uganda, in 1976 while spearheading a mission to rescue passengers from a hijacked airplane. His demise had a massive effect on the Netanyahu family and brought attention to them.
After his brother’s death, he returned to Israel after completing his Master’s degree and founded the Jonathan Netanyahu Anti-Terror Institute, a non-governmental organization dedicated to the research of terrorism, in memory of his brother.
In 1982, he worked for Rim Industries in Israel as marketing director for the following two years. Netanyahu served as Israel’s ambassador to the United Nations between 1984 and 1988.
When Netanyahu moved to Israel in 1988, he became active in internal politics, obtaining a seat in the Knesset (assembly) for the Likud party and eventually becoming the deputy foreign minister.
Netanyahu went on to become the party’s leader and, in 1996, he went on to become Israel’s first democratically elected prime minister after Yitzhak Rabin’s assassination.
After that Netanyahu served for four more terms from 2009 to 2021, before being put on trial for fraud, bribery, and breach of trust. He currently serves as the Leader of Opposition against Naftali Bennett’s Govrenment.
- Fernando Torres Biography, Age, Height, Family, Wife, Net Worth & Wiki
- Jamie Foxx Biography, Age, Family, Wife, Daughters, Movies, Wiki, & Net Worth
Netanyahu Net Worth
Benjamin Netanyahu’s net worth is estimated to be around $300 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||Approximately $300 million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Approximately $300 million|
|Annual Salary||Around $170000|
Netanyahu was the 9th Prime Minister of Israel. He has a net worth estimated at $300 million, making him one of the world’s richest politicians. During his former tenure as Prime Minister, his net worth rose dramatically.
There is a large discrepancy between what Benjamin Netanyahu’s net worth indicates about him and what he makes. While he earns just $170 thousand per year in salary, he has an estimated net worth of $300 million. It implies that his business interests and earnings from other sources are responsible for his whopping net worth.
- Benjamin Netanyahu returned to Israel and joined the Likud party for the 1988 Israeli parliamentary elections. He was chosen as a Knesset member of the 12th Knesset inside the Likud’s internal elections, and then designated as a deputy to Foreign Minister Moshe Arens and afterward David Levy.
- Throughout the Gulf War in 1991, Netanyahu, who speaks English fluently, became Israel’s main spokesman in press interviews on CNN and other news channels.
- Netanyahu became a member of the Israeli commission at the Madrid Conference in 1991, which was led by Prime Minister Yitzhak Shamir. Netanyahu was named Deputy Minister within the Israeli Prime Minister’s Office just after Madrid Conference.
- The Likud party held a vote to choose its leader in 1993, and Netanyahu was elected. In 1996 at the Israeli parliamentary election, he ran for Prime Minister and won, making him Israel’s youngest Prime Minister in history.
- In 1999, after losing the election for Prime Minister, took a break from politics for a while.
- In 2002, Netanyahu was designated as Foreign Minister by Prime Minister Ariel Sharon.
- Netanyahu was designated as Foreign Minister by Prime Minister Ariel Sharon in 2002. He embarked on an economic strategy as finance minister to rebuild the Israel economy out of its low point in course of the Second Intifada, saying that weak economic development was due to a bloated bureaucracy and burdensome regulations.
- In 2013, he termed for early elections, which he won. Throughout his second term time, he progressed his economic liberalization policy and signed the Business Concentration Law, which aimed to liberalize Israel’s supersaturated economy.
- In 2015, he began his fourth term. As part of Netanyahu’s 2015 budget, agricultural reforms were to be implemented and import duties would be lowered.
- A case was brought against Benjamin Netanyahu for fraud, bribery, and corruption charges in 2019.
- On June 13, 2021, Netanyahu will be removed from office as prime minister, with the formation of a coalition rotation government by Yamina leader Naftali Bennett and Yair Lapid.
- Benjamin Netanyahu is the leader of Israel’s right-wing Likud party.
- Netanyahu goes by the nickname “Bibi” throughout Israel.
- During his teenage years, he lived in Philadelphia and attended high school there.
- Netanyahu completed his Master degree from MIT in two and a half years, which generally takes four years
- Netanyahu was the first prime minister to be born in Israel after the state’s creation in 1948.
- Netanyahu is also the longest serving prime minister in Israeli history.
- Israeli passengers on a hijacked Air France jet were saved by Netanyahu’s brother, Yonatan, in 1976, after he led a rescue mission.
- The two international conferences Netanyahu organized in 1979 and 1984 to address ways to combat terrorism
What is Benjamin Netanyahu’s Nickname?
How old is Benjamin Netanyahu?
How many years did Benjamin Netanyahu serve as a prime minister?
Where did Benjamin Netanyahu go to college?
Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
What is Benjamin Netanyahu’s net worth?
How many children does Benjamin Netanyahu have?
Netanyahu has three children, Yair Netanyahu, Avner Netanyahu, and Noa Netanyahu-Roth.
Where is Benjamin Netanyahu originally from?
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel.