A Croatian professional footballer, Borna Sosa (born 21 January 1998) plays as a left-back or left-winger for Bundesliga club VfB Stuttgart and the Croatian national team. In 2005, he joined Dinamo Zagreb’s youth team and began his football career there. On 7 March 2015, he made his Prva HNL debut. On 12 July 2016, he made his European debut in the second qualifying round of the Champions League. After signing a five-year contract with VfB Stuttgart on 14 May 2018, he joined Stuttgart on 1 July 2018. At various ages, he has represented Croatia at the international level.
The Croatian international has represented the country at the U14, U15, U16, U17, U18, U19, U21, and senior levels. In 2015, he represented Croatia U17 at the UEFA U17 Euro and the FIFA U17 World Cup. A preliminary 32-man squad for the 2018 World Cup in Russia was named in May 2018, but he did not make the final 23. Nenad Gracian selected him for the UEFA U21 Euro 2019 and Igor Biscan selected him for the UEFA U21 Euro 2021. Due to a knee injury, he was ruled out of the latter squad at the last minute. On 1 September 2021, he debuted for Croatia’s senior international team.
Borna Sosa Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Borna Sosa. It gives you the ability to read through the Croatian footballer profile as fast as possible.
|Birth Name||Borna Sosa|
|Nick Name/Popular Name/Shirt Name||Sosa|
|Age||24 (as in 2022) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Aquarius|
|Born Place||Zagreb, Croatia|
|Date of Birth||21 January 1998|
|Home Town||Zagreb, Croatia|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Horse Riding, Swimming|
|Mother's Name||Vesna Sosa|
|Father's Name||Goran Sosa|
|Sister(s)||Name Not Available|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|College/University||Edward Bernays College of Communication Management|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||LIAN Sports Group|
|Debut Club||• 2018: VfB Stuttgart|
|Debut International||• 2021: Croatia national football team|
|Jersey Number||• 24 (VfB Stuttgart)|
• 19 (Croatia national football team)
|Current Team(s)||• VfB Stuttgart|
• Croatia national football team
|Position||Defender - Left-Back|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 187 cm|
in meters- 1.87 m
in feet inches- 6'2”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 79 kg|
in pounds- 174 lbs
|Chest Size||40 inches|
|Biceps Size||11 inches|
|Waist Size||32 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Croatian|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||8 U.S.|
|Shoe Size||10 U.S.|
|Favorite Playing Position||Defender|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Food||Fruits and Veg|
|Favorite Player||Not Available|
|Favorite Pet Animal||Dog|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
Borna Sosa Net Worth
In 2022, what will Borna Sosa’s salary be?
In Jul 2018 Borna Sosa signed a contract with VfB Stuttgart that extended in Nov 2020 and ends in 2026 netting him a whopping salary of £780,000 per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns £2,167 per day and £90 per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2022
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$1.5 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Not Available|
|Annual or Per Year Salary||£780,000|
|Per Month Salary||£65,000|
|Per Week Salary||£15,000|
|Per Day Salary||£2,167|
|Per Hour Salary||£90|
|Per Minute Salary||£1.5|
|Current Contract||With VfB Stuttgart|
|Contract Signed/Extension||Jul 1, 2018|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2025|
|Contract Signing Amount or Transfer Fee||$6.60 Million|
|Market Value||$25.30 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$25.30 Million (Jun 9, 2022)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||Not Available|
His stock is on the rise thanks to his performances on the pitch. Borna Sosa has an estimated net worth of around $1.5 Million, and his market value is about $6.60 million.
Borna Sosa FIFA 22 Stats – Potential And Rating
Borna Sosa is currently 24 years old and plays full back for VfB Stuttgart. In FIFA 22, he has an overall rating of 77, with a potential rating of 81. In terms of skillmoves, Sosa is rated 3-stars.
Borna Sosa FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|64||Heading Accuracy||55||FK Accuracy|
|74||Short Passing||72||Long Passing|
|73||Defensive Awareness||69||Sliding Tackle|
With his left foot, he prefers to shoot. His workrates are high and low. According to our database, Sosa’s height is 187 cm and his weight is 79 kg. Borna Sosa plays with the number 24 at the moment.
- In the Precko neighborhood of Zagreb, Sosa was born to Herzegovinian Croat parents from Gradac near Posusje.
- He is a youth prospect for Dinamo Zagreb. His Prva HNL debut came in a 2–0 home win over Zagreb on 7 March 2015, starting and playing the entire 90 minutes.
- Dinamo defeated Slaven Belupo 2–1 in the Croatian Cup Final on 10 May 2016.
- Zlatko Kranjcar substituted him for Alexandru Maţel in the 66th minute of the Champions League second qualifying round victory over the Vardar in Skopje on 12 July 2016.
- Sosa made 41 appearances and six assists for Dinamo during his four seasons there.
Borna Sosa Transfer To VfB Stuttgart
- Borna Sosa signed a five-year contract with VfB Stuttgart on 14 May 2018, enabling him to transfer on 1 July.
- He made his Stuttgart debut in the 84th minute of their 1–0 loss to Mainz on 26 August.
- Due to frequent injuries, Sosa’s minutes were significantly reduced in his first season with Stuttgart, which saw them relegated to the 2. Bundesliga.
- Sosa made only 24 appearances for Stuttgart in his first two seasons due to injuries.
- In a 1–1 draw with Darmstadt on 16 December 2019, he scored his first Stuttgart goal.
- Sosa found form and consistency in Pellegrino Matarazzo’s 3–4–2–1 formation during the 2020–21 season.
- In the Bundesliga, he was compared to David Beckham, whom he named his football role model along with David Alaba.
- He extended his contract until 2025 on 27 November 2020. Nine assists were recorded on his account for the season.
- On 7 August, Sosa captained Stuttgart for the first time against Dynamo Berlin in a DFB-Pokal match, scoring and assisting in the 6–0 victory.
- As Stuttgart defeated Greuther Fürth 5–1, Sosa provided Marc-Oliver Kempf and Hamadi Al Ghaddioui with hat-tricks of assists.
- In 2015, Sosa represented Croatia at the UEFA Under-17 Euros and the FIFA Under-17 World Cup.
- It was announced in May 2018 that he would make Zlatko Dali’s preliminary 32-man squad for the 2018 World Cup in Russia, but he did not make the final 23 players.
- Nenad Gracian named him to his squad for the UEFA Under-21 Euro 2019 and Igor Bilian named him to his squad for the UEFA Under-21 Euro 2021.
- He was ruled out of the latter squad at the last minute due to a knee injury.
- Nevertheless, Oliver Bierhoff, the technical director of the German Football Association, announced on 11 May that Sosa is ineligible to play for Germany.
- Sosa apologized to the Croatian public, Croatia national team fans, and the Croatian Football Federation two days later, on 13 May.
- Ahead of the September World Cup qualifiers against Russia, Slovakia, and Slovenia, Sosa received his first call-up to the national team on 16 August 2021.
- On 1 September, he made his debut, starting against Russia in a goalless draw.
- Croatia qualified for the World Cup after Sosa caused Fyodor Kudryashov to score his own goal in the crucial qualifier on 14 November.
Is Borna Sosa German?
As reported by the media on 7 May 2021, Sosa was granted German citizenship through his mother Vesna, who was born and raised in Berlin and was expected to represent Germany at the UEFA Euro 2020.
How good is Borna Sosa?
Borna Sosa is an excellent crosser, both from open play and from set pieces. With a variety of deliveries into the box, he provides width and creates danger. In possession, he’s also confident and willing to take risks.
Which is Borna Sosa’s preferred foot?
Borna Sosa’s preferred foot is left.
How old is Borna Sosa?
Borna Sosa is 24 years old.
After reading his biography, you will agree with me that Borna Sosa worked so hard to achieve success. Even poor kids from the slum can dream big and achieve their dreams thanks to him.
It is important to note that his father and mother were key catalysts in his success story. His career life would not be the same without their contributions. They deserve all the accolades for what they have done.
In addition, his sibling’s and friend’s efforts should not be overlooked. As a result of them, he never experienced loneliness or depression during his childhood. Borna Sosa has grown into a cheerful youth as a result of them.
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of the Croatian footballer. Hopefully, Borna Sosa’s childhood story has made you believe that patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in the article on Borna Sosa.