Asin Thottumkal was born October 26, 1985, known as Asin, is a former Indian actress and dancer of Bharathanatyam. She has received three Filmfare Awards. She began her acting career in the film industry in South India, before focusing on Bollywood.
She speaks eight languages and creates her own movies. She is the only Malayan actress, other than Padmini, to have doubled her own voice for all her films, regardless of language. Asin was named “Queen of Kollywood” by the online portals in 2007. She is a member of the Bollywood 100 Crore club.
Asin Thottumkal Wiki/Bio
[table id=924 /]
Asin was born in Cochin, Kerala, in a Malayali Syrian-Malabar Catholic family. His father, Joseph Thottumkal, is a former IWC officer and later headed several companies. His mother, Seline Thottumkal, who left Kochi for Chennai and then Mumbai to live with her daughter, is a surgeon.
According to the custom, Asin was to be called Mary, after her paternal grandmother. However, Asin’s father named her Asin because her name had a great meaning. Asin cited his name as meaning “pure and undefiled”. She states that the “A” in her name comes from Sanskrit meaning “without” and “sin” of English.
She attended the LKG Naval Public School through X standard. She then attended St. Teresa School in Kochi for teaching at Kerala Higher Secondary Examination (Plus Two). After that, she attended St. Teresa College in Kochi, a college affiliated with MG University, where she earned a BA in English Literature.
She made her debut with the film Malayalam Narendran Makan Jayakanthan Vaka (2001) by Sathyan Anthikkad. In 2003, she won her first commercial success with Telugu film Amma Nanna O Tamila Ammayi. Mr. Kumaran N / A Mahalakshmi (2004) was his first success in Tamil. She received her Filmfare Best Tamil Actress award for her most outstanding performance in her third Tamil film, Ghajini (2005).
She then played the leading female roles in many blockbuster films, most notably Sivakasi (2005), the dramatic thriller Varalaru (2006), the action thriller Pokkiri (2007), the romantic drama Vel ( 2008) and Dasavathaaram (2008). ), having established itself as the main actress of Tamil cinema and also honored by the Tamil Nadu government with the Kalaimamani Prize for its excellence in the field of art and literature. In 2013, Asin received the SIIMA Pride of South Indian Cinema Award for her contribution to Tamil cinema.
Asin currently resides in Mumbai. She also owns an apartment at Marine Drive, Kochi and a farmhouse in Vagamon, Kerala. The actress is a polyglot. She can speak seven languages; be well versed in Malayalam (his native language), Tamil, Telugu, Sanskrit, English, Hindi and French. Asin also speaks a little Italian and has learned basic Marathi for her film Khiladi 786, in which she played a typical Marathi girl. In June 2013, Indian media reported that Asin was learning German in his spare time. She started learning Spanish after visiting Spain in early 2014.
Asin married Rahul Sharma, co-founder of Micromax, in January 2016 and stopped acting after the wedding. Her first child, a daughter, was born on October 24, 2017.
Asin Thottumkal Net Worth
Asin Thottumkal’s estimated Net Worth, Salary, Income, Cars, Lifestyles & much more details has been updated below. Let’s check, How Rich is Asin Thottumkal in 2023?
[table id=923 /]
Noted, Currently We don’t have enough information about Cars, Monthly/Yearly Salary etc. We will update soon.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Asin
Does Asin smoke?: No
- Does Asin drink alcohol?: No
- A Malayali Syro-Malabar Catholic family raised Asin.
- Her father named her Asin after her paternal grandmother, but she was originally named Mary.
- Her name ‘Asin’ came from the combination of two words from two languages, ‘a’ means ‘opposite of’ in Sanskrit and ‘sin’ is taken from English, so ‘Asin’ means ‘opposite to sin’.
- At the tender age of three, she started learning Bharatnatyam. Kathakali and folk dancing are also among her talents.
- In school, she excelled in both academics and extracurriculars.
- In her 10th standard board exams, she scored above 90%.
- At a very young age, Asin read Shakespeare, despite her parents’ disapproval.
- While studying in 12th grade, she topped her state in French.
- When she was 14, she started modeling, and by that time she had film offers, but she didn’t want to do films.
- BPL Mobile was her first advertisement.
- The Malayalam film, ‘Narendran Makan Jayakanthan Vaka’ (2001), opposite Kunchacko Boban, launched her film career during her 12th standard.
- Pet names and nicknames irritate her.
- OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder) causes Asin to repeatedly wash her hands and check her locks.
- Until her shot is over, she doesn’t eat.
- Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada, Hindi, English, and French are her native languages.
- It is no secret that she is a voracious reader. She reads a lot of fiction and has a huge library at home.
- First South Indian actress to work with both Aamir Khan and Salman Khan.
- There is a 10 year age difference between her and her husband.