Asin Thottumkal was born October 26, 1985, known as Asin, is a former Indian actress and dancer of Bharathanatyam. She has received three Filmfare Awards. She began her acting career in the film industry in South India, before focusing on Bollywood.
She speaks eight languages and creates her own movies. She is the only Malayan actress, other than Padmini, to have doubled her own voice for all her films, regardless of language. Asin was named “Queen of Kollywood” by the online portals in 2007. She is a member of the Bollywood 100 Crore club.
- Sai Dharam Tej Profile, Bio, Height, Affair, Family, Wiki, Net Worth
- Gajraj Rao Bio, Age, Family, Wife, Movies, Tv Shows & Wiki
Asin Thottumkal Wiki/Bio
|Birth Name||Asin Thottumkal|
|Nick Name||Queen of Kollywood|
|Age||(as in 2022) 37 Years|
|Debut||Movie: Narendran Makan Jayakanthan Veka (Malayalam in 2001)|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Scorpio|
|Birth Place||Kochi, Kerala, India|
|Date of Birth||26 October 1985|
|Residence||Delhi, NCR, India|
|Home Town||Kochi, Kerala, India|
|Mother's Name||Seline Thottumkal (Surgeon)|
|Father's Name||Joseph Thottumkal (Ex-CBI Officer)|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Rahul Sharma (Businessman, Co-Founder Micromax)|
Marital Status, Husband and Children
|Husband/Spouse||Rahul Sharma (Businessman, Co-Founder Micromax)|
|Marriage Date||23 January 2016|
|School||Navy Children School, Kochi|
St. Teresa’s School, Kochi
|College/University||St. Teresa’s College, Kochi|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Arts in English Literature|
|Profession||Actress / Model (Tamil, Telugu, Hindi, Malayalam)|
|Brands Endorsed||Not Known|
|Career Manager||Not Known|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in Centimeters 163cm|
in Meters 1.63 m
in Feet Inches 5′ 4”
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Not Known|
|S*xual Orientation||Not Known|
|Dress Size||Not Known|
|Shoe Size||Not Known|
|Favourite Actress||Not Known|
|Favourite Actors||Mohan Lal|
|Favourite Colors||Block, Red|
|Favorite Food|| Kerala Style Prawn Rice, Appam|
|Favorite Poet||William Shakespeare|
|Favorite Movie||Malayalam : Kizhakkunarum Pakshi|
Hollywood : The Sound of Music
|Favorite Perfume||Very Irresistible by Givenchy|
|Favorite Singers||Arlissa, Keke Wyatt, Sofi Green, Maxwell, Sade, Eminem, Bon Jovi|
|Favorite Destination||Vagamon in Kerala|
Asin was born in Cochin, Kerala, in a Malayali Syrian-Malabar Catholic family. His father, Joseph Thottumkal, is a former IWC officer and later headed several companies. His mother, Seline Thottumkal, who left Kochi for Chennai and then Mumbai to live with her daughter, is a surgeon. According to the custom, Asin was to be called Mary, after her paternal grandmother. However, Asin’s father named her Asin because her name had a great meaning. Asin cited his name as meaning “pure and undefiled”. She states that the “A” in her name comes from Sanskrit meaning “without” and “sin” of English.
She attended the LKG Naval Public School through X standard. She then attended St. Teresa School in Kochi for teaching at Kerala Higher Secondary Examination (Plus Two). After that, she attended St. Teresa College in Kochi, a college affiliated with MG University, where she earned a BA in English Literature.
She made her debut with the film Malayalam Narendran Makan Jayakanthan Vaka (2001) by Sathyan Anthikkad. In 2003, she won her first commercial success with Telugu film Amma Nanna O Tamila Ammayi. Mr. Kumaran N / A Mahalakshmi (2004) was his first success in Tamil. She received her Filmfare Best Tamil Actress award for her most outstanding performance in her third Tamil film, Ghajini (2005).
She then played the leading female roles in many blockbuster films, most notably Sivakasi (2005), the dramatic thriller Varalaru (2006), the action thriller Pokkiri (2007), the romantic drama Vel ( 2008) and Dasavathaaram (2008). ), having established itself as the main actress of Tamil cinema and also honored by the Tamil Nadu government with the Kalaimamani Prize for its excellence in the field of art and literature. In 2013, Asin received the SIIMA Pride of South Indian Cinema Award for her contribution to Tamil cinema.
Asin currently resides in Mumbai. She also owns an apartment at Marine Drive, Kochi and a farmhouse in Vagamon, Kerala. The actress is a polyglot. She can speak seven languages; be well versed in Malayalam (his native language), Tamil, Telugu, Sanskrit, English, Hindi and French. Asin also speaks a little Italian and has learned basic Marathi for her film Khiladi 786, in which she played a typical Marathi girl. In June 2013, Indian media reported that Asin was learning German in his spare time. She started learning Spanish after visiting Spain in early 2014.
Asin married Rahul Sharma, co-founder of Micromax, in January 2016 and stopped acting after the wedding. Her first child, a daughter, was born on October 24, 2017.
- Priyank Sharma Profile, Bio, Height, Affair, Family, Wiki, Net Worth
- Rits Badiani Biography, Age, Boyfriend, Movies, Family, Wiki, Net Worth
Asin Thottumkal Net Worth
Asin Thottumkal’s estimated Net Worth, Salary, Income, Cars, Lifestyles & much more details has been updated below. Let’s check, How Rich is Asin Thottumkal in 2022?
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$1 Million - $5 Million (Approx.)|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
|Income Source||Actress / Model (Tamil, Telugu, Hindi, Malayalam)|
Noted, Currently We don’t have enough information about Cars, Monthly/Yearly Salary etc. We will update soon.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Asin
- Does Asin drink alcohol?: No
- Asin was born into a Malayali Syro-Malabar Catholic family.
- She was initially named “Mary” after her paternal grandmother, but her father named her Asin.
- The name “Asin” comes from the amalgamation of two words from two languages, she says, ‘a’ means ‘opposite of’ in Sanskrit and ‘sin’ is taken from English, which made her name ‘Asin’, which means ‘opposite to sin’.
- She started learning Bharatnatyam at the tender age of 3. She is also a good Kathakali and folk dancer.
- During her schooling, she was good at both studies and extracurricular activities.
- She scored above 90% in 10th standard board exams.
- Asin used to read Shakespeare at a very young age, even though her parents did not approve of her reading such complicated works at such a young age.
- She is fluent in French and even topped her State in French while studying in 12th standard.
- She started modeling at the age of 14, and by that time she started getting film offers, but she wasn’t interested in doing films at that time.
- Her first advertisement was for BPL Mobile.
- Though she wanted to go to Delhi to prepare for the Civil Service examination, during her 12th standard, her film career kicked-off with the Malayalam film, ‘Narendran Makan Jayakanthan Vaka’ (2001), opposite Kunchacko Boban.
- She hates to be called with pets or nicknames.
- Asin suffers from OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder), which urges her to do things like washing her hands repeatedly, checking lock more than once.
- She doesn’t eat her food until her shot gets completed.
- She is fluent in 7 languages – Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada, Hindi, English and French.
- She is a voracious reader, she reads a lot of fiction and has a huge library at home.
- She is the first South Indian actress to work with both Aamir Khan and Salman Khan.
- Her husband is 10 years older than her.