Seyed Ashkan Dejagah, also known as Ashkan Dejagah, is an Iranian professional football player who competes for the Persian Gulf Pro League team Foolad as a midfielder. He was born on July 5, 1986. Between 2001 and 2009, he played for Germany’s young teams. In 2009, he won the UEFA European Under-21 Football Championship. Since 2011, he has participated in international competitions with the Iranian national team, helping them qualify for the 2014 World Cup, 2015 Asian Cup, and 2018 FIFA World Cup.
Although he did not take part in the latter. Dejagah was chosen as Iran’s greatest left midfielder ever in 2015 by fans on Navad. For Hertha BSC, Dejagah made his professional debut during the 2004–05 Bundesliga season. He joined VfL Wolfsburg in 2007 and helped them win the Bundesliga.
Ashkan Dejagah Bio/Wiki
[table id=5115 /]
Dejagah went to Berlin, Germany, at the age of one after being born in Tehran, Iran. At the age of 16, he acquired German citizenship.
He participated in the UEFA European Under-21 Football Championship in 2009 while playing for the German national youth teams from 2001 to 2009.
Ashkan Dejagah Net Worth
The range of Ashkan Dejagah’s net worth or income is thought to be between €1,000,000. However, his major occupation as a soccer player has brought him a significant amount of wealth.
[table id=5117 /]
Ashkan Dejagah FIFA 22 Stats
In FIFA 22, Ashkan Dejagah has an overall rating of 72 and his potential is also 72.
[table id=5116 /]
- Dejagah made his professional debut for Hertha BSC against VfL Bochum in the first game of the 2004–05 Bundesliga season.
- He appeared for the final five minutes of the team’s 2-2 home tie that year, making him the club’s youngest player since its founding in 1892.
- He also participated in the local league throughout his three years with Hertha.
- He began the season as a centre defense but was soon switched to the striker position.
- With twelve goals in 23 games, he ended the season as the team’s leading scorer in 2005-06.
- Falko Götz, the manager of Hertha, continued to have trust in Dejagah by providing him opportunities to play in three UEFA Cup matches in addition to the Bundesliga.
- Dejagah joined VfL Wolfsburg in 2007.
- He showed his potential in his debut season at Wolfsburg by scoring eight goals, and in his second season, he was a consistent member of the Bundesliga champion squad.
- He lost his starting spot in the 2009–10 season after Armin Veh was chosen as the club manager, and he was unable to regain it under Steve McClaren.
- Felix Magath’s comeback helped him regain his form, and in the 2011–12 season, he established himself as a crucial player for his team by scoring and assisting on a number of goals.
- Dejagah signed a temporary contract to play for EFL Championship team Nottingham Forest till the conclusion of the 2017–18 campaign on January 31, 2018.
- He made his debut on February 3 against Fulham, coming on as a substitute in the second half of a 2-0 loss.
- Iran’s head coach Carlos Queiroz revealed on his Facebook page on February 14 that Dejagah had had surgery.
- Forest let him go at the conclusion of the 2017–18 campaign.
- Dejagah committed to a three-year deal with Tractor in the Iran Pro League on August 2.
- Dejagah claimed he never really contemplated playing for Iran’s national team rather than Germany at the international level, despite speculation to the contrary.
- He was initially unable to play for Iran since he turned 21 and represented Germany.
- He may play for Iran according to FIFA rule changes that took effect in July 2009.
- Dejagah turned down the offer from Iran’s coach Afshin Ghotbi to represent Iran in the 2011 AFC Asian Cup in Qatar because he preferred to concentrate on playing first-team football with his club VfL Wolfsburg.
- Carlos Queiroz extended an invitation to him to join the Iran national team on September 21, 2011.
- On February 29, 2012, in a World Cup qualifying match against Qatar, he scored twice in his debut for Iran.
- After helping Iran earn a spot in the 2014 World Cup, he scored his next goals for Iran on November 15 and 19, respectively, in victories against Thailand and Lebanon to advance Iran to the 2015 Asian Cup.
- Carlos Queiroz included Dejagah on the roster for Iran’s 2014 FIFA World Cup campaign.
- He started for Iran against Nigeria in their opening encounter, however, Alireza Jahanbakhsh came in as a replacement in the 73rd minute.
- In the next games, against Argentina and Bosnia and Herzegovina, he also played 85 and 68 minutes, respectively.
- Carlos Queiroz selected him for Iran’s 2015 AFC Asian Cup team on December 30, 2014.
Ashkan Dejagah Awards
- Bundesliga: 2008–09
- Hazfi Cup: 2019–20
- UEFA European Under-21 Football Championship: 2009
- AFC Asian Cup Team of the Tournament: 2019
He is currently 37 years old (as of 2023).
He is 181 cm tall.
He plays as a midfielder.
After his transfer to Foolad FC, his net worth is €1,000,000 (as of 2023).