Arnaut Danjuma Groeneveld (born 31 January 1997) is a Dutch professional footballer who plays as a winger for La Liga club Villarreal, as well as the Netherlands national team. Aside from his one substitute appearance for Jong PSV in the Eerste Divisie, he played for NEC in the Eredivisie and Eerste Divisie, Club Brugge in the Belgian First Division A, and AFC Bournemouth in the Premier League and EFL Championship. In October 2018, Danjuma earned his first cap for the Netherlands national team after being born in Nigeria and raised mainly in the Netherlands.
Three years later, he was called back to the team. It was announced on May 21, 2021, that Danjuma had won the Bournemouth Player of the Year award, having collected 40% of the supporters’ vote, just beating Asmir Begovic, who had received 38% of the votes. In August 2021, Danjuma joined La Liga club Villarreal for an undisclosed fee, which is believed to be in the region of 25 million euros. The contract was until June 2026.
Arnaut Danjuma Bio/Wiki[table id=3483 /]
In our Arnaut Danjuma Biography, you will learn about his Childhood Story, Early Life, Parents (Hauwa and Cees), Education, Family, Lifestyle, girlfriend, Net Worth, and Personal Life.
We present you with the story of the winger’s life journey, starting from when he was young to when he rose to fame. To whet your appetite for his autobiography, take a look at this boyhood to adulthood gallery – a perfect summing up of Arnaut Danjuma’s biography.
Yes, everyone knows how he made it from being a homeless kid to becoming a Champion of the World. Although, only a few people have read about his life-transforming story, which is quite a remarkable story. So without further ado, let me begin.
Arnie is the nickname given to the winger at the beginning of his engaging memoir. Arnaut Danjuma Groeneveld was born on the 31st day of January 1997 in Lagos, Nigeria, as the son of a Dutch father, Cees, and a Nigerian mother, Hauwa.
In fact, he is the third child to be born in the union between his parents. When our son was four years old his father and mother went through a divorce. Because of this, his childhood became unbearable, filled with pain and suffering.
It lasted for a short period of time, but Danjuma and his mother, as well as his siblings, were homeless after the divorce.
His mother had a difficult time getting a decent job so she could take care of her son’s needs. As a result, he spent a great deal of his childhood in foster care.
In spite of his parent’s separation, the athlete still enjoyed some form of paternal privileges from his father.
Growing up, Danjuma spent a lot of time with his elder brother, Reinier, and his sister, Lisette. Both of them were his closest companions in his early years. As a way of getting away from the painful childhood experiences of his family, he took solace in playing football.
He felt that this was his biggest consolation and kept him from thinking too much about the sad situation that unfolded in his home.
Following the separation of his parents, his household was afflicted with a distressing financial crisis for a short period of time. In spite of the fact that his father had gone his separate way, his mother had a difficult time getting a job after he left.
Danjuma’s family fared well before things went haywire, of course, but afterward, things went awry for them. Both the winger and his siblings were forced to sleep in the car or even stay at their friends’ house when their finances started to deteriorate.
In spite of the fact that his family took a short while to find balance, the speedster only managed to leave his foster home when he clocked 11 seconds. From that time onward, he lived like every other kid growing up in a middle-class family.
The winger has been blessed with dual citizenship as a result of his parents being of different ethnicities. Due to the fact that his mother and father were citizens of Nigeria and the Netherlands, respectively, Danjuma is eligible to play for either the Netherlands or Nigeria as his country of preference.
It is evident from his complexion that he has inherited the skin color of his maternal ancestry. Indeed, the appearance of this gentleman alone gives a clear indication of the fact that he has African heritage.
There is no doubt that you did not know that Danjuma’s maternal country of origin (Nigeria) is the most populous country in Africa. On his paternal side of the family, he has Dutch ancestry. It was thanks to his father that the young lad was able to play for the Netherlands national team.
One of the best things about his parents is that they never allowed their differences to negatively impact their children’s success. Throughout Danjuma’s life, his parents ensured that both he and his elder siblings received a good education.
As a child, the football icon was raised in a foster home. It is interesting to note that his father always dropped him off at school while it was closing time and picked him up at the end of the day. In Danjuma’s case, he used to go to the field to train with other kids after school.
As stated earlier, soccer is the only way that the winger can escape from this kind of misery and trouble. This is the reason why he began playing the game at the tender age of four. The young man was passionate about every aspect of the game, and he wished to succeed in it as the future unfolded.
He did not have to wait long before he joined the youth set-up at FC Oss. The football academy was located in the city where his father lived, which was a great relief to him.
In most cases, his father will pick him up after school and drop him off at the sports institute for training. A court ruled in 2008 that the player could be allowed to leave foster care and stay with his father. The same year, to his great luck, he also joined the youth program of PSV Eindhoven as well.
In order to keep up with other students at the academy, Danjuma had to devote a great deal of dedication and hard work. In reminiscing about his early career, here’s what the winger had to say about his experience.
Initially, everything was good when I first joined PSV. However, as I grew up, it became much more difficult to see myself securing a place there. At 16, they are more likely to give contracts to players they believe in. However, they did not offer me anything back then.”
His time at PSV was when he came to the conclusion that football was unjust. Furthermore, Danjuma found it even more disheartening to learn that his club did not offer him any deal when he reached the age of 16.
Despite spending eight years with PSV, the talented speedster only appeared in one professional game for the club. Throughout his Life Story, it became apparent that football was not always about talent. There were also some political strings attached as well.
As a result of the unfair treatment Danjuma has received at PSV, he signed a contract for a free transfer to NEC in 2016. It didn’t take him up to 5 months before he was promoted to the first team.
On the field of play, he recorded a series of mind-blowing moments during his time at NEC. With his great attacking instinct, he was able to keep many defenders at bay. Several scouts and managers were left in awe over what they saw. After witnessing his unfathomable talent, many clubs came running to sign him after witnessing his unfathomable prowess. The player ended up signing with Club Brugge in 2018.
The privilege of joining the Belgian club was something he never expected to experience. As a 21-year-old, Danjuma made his Champions League debut against Atletico Madrid. In spite of competing against world-class players like Saul Niguez, he managed to score a goal that displayed his attacking flair. As a result, he won the Belgian Super Cup in 2018 with Club Brugge.
As he lifted the trophy with his Belgian club, he was filled with an endless amount of joy and happiness. It is no wonder why Ronald Koeman sought to include him in the arsenal of the Dutch national side after he has proven his worth as a brilliant winger. In the eight years since I wrote this biography, Danjuma has proudly represented his country in a number of competitive matches.
It was in 2019 when he signed a long-term contract with AFC Bournemouth, which was worth £13.7 million. His performance with the club was outstanding and earned him many accolades in the process. As a result, he even won the Bournemouth Player of the Year award in 2021.
Even when he was playing in the championships, he won many awards. Danjuma’s flair for attacking and ability to create opportunities for scoring goals makes him a key player on the team. The player signed a contract with Villarreal in August 2021, which reportedly was worth €25 million.
When he joined the Yellow Submarines, he began to enjoy a solid forward partnership with the players of the club. Examples of this include Gerard Moreno (Spanish) and Boulaye Dia (Senegal), as well as Samuel Chukwueze (Nigerian).
Danjuma came off the bench to help Villarreal secure a draw against Atletico Madrid by scoring their second goal as a debutant for the club. That was how the rest of the story went.
It is without a doubt that he has a handsome look that attracts the majority of his female fans regardless of any controversy. It is true that most of them wish that Danjuma would look at them with the intention of starting a romantic relationship with them.
The winger, however, has no intention of getting involved in any love affairs at the moment. Those who qualify to become a potential wife or girlfriend will have to wait a little bit longer than those who don’t.
Danjuma, like Myron Boadu, has a preference to focus on his career over anything else in his life. As of the time of writing, he does not have a girlfriend and there is no indication that he will get into a relationship in the year 2021.
As he is similar to Joshua Zirkzee, a person who enjoys spending some time by himself, he likes to spend some time alone as well. Besides his gentle character, you can see the aura of his humble nature etched all over his face as well.
There were occasions when Danjuma would put on his earpiece so that he could enjoy some peaceful music by himself. I have no doubt that he has inherited the characteristics of the zodiac sign Aquarius, and I am convinced that this has been the case all along.
He is smiling because he is enjoying the melody of the song that he is listening to. He loves to go swimming and it is one of his favorite hobbies. He often goes swimming in order to relieve himself of the stress that accompanies his training sessions.
In spite of the fact that he enjoys watching basketball, Danjuma has only posted a picture of his basketball idol (Michael Jordan) once on his Instagram page.
When he goes swimming, he cannot help but laugh with the folks around him. Football has helped to give dribblers a high standard of living thanks to its exuberance. Danjuma’s life has turned around for the better even though he had been through so much hardship in his childhood.
Since he makes an enormous salary, he usually takes a vacation to Dubai every year, where he cruises different jet boats to his heart’s content. While he was on his vacation to Dubai, he ended up cruising boats.
Nathan Ake, the speedster, is also known for his love of luxurious rides. He owns different brands of expensive jeeps as well as a beautiful mansion in the countryside.
As a result of his sporting endeavors, he has been able to buy different brands of cars. It is an impressive sight to see Danjuma standing beside his horse as he poses for the camera.
The experience of growing up in a household with quite a tragic past is indeed one that is not so easy. As a result of the cooperation of all members of Danjuma’s family, Danjuma, together with his siblings and his mother, was able to endure the aftermath of the divorce.
I know you are curious about what became of each and every member of his family after his death. In this section, we will provide you with some information about Danjuma’s family.
As a result of Cees’ support, the Dutch winger has been able to pursue a career in soccer. Despite his separation from Danjuma’s mother, Mr. Cees continued to fulfill his paternal duties even after that.
Oftentimes, he takes his son to school and returns him home after school. In addition to this, he was also responsible for taking Danjuma to the pitch during training sessions.
The player has stated that despite their divorce, his father and mother still maintain a positive relationship with each other. When his son performs his duty on the field, Mr. Cees always ensures that he observes his son’s game every time he steps out onto the field.
After her divorce, the athlete’s mother was the one who suffered the most. It is called Hauwa, and she put a lot of effort into helping her children survive when the situation was so bad. Occasionally, Hauwa and her children would sleep in the car when they did not have a place to stay.
As previously stated, the player’s mother is a Nigerian, and she has always made every effort to support him in the best way she can. As a result of Danjuma’s success in football, he was able to buy a house for his mother and sisters.
During the course of his rise to fame, the athlete has mentioned only two of his siblings. They are his brother, Reinier, and his sister, Lisette. In fact, even his siblings were placed with a foster family after their parents divorced.
During the time that I was compiling this biography, Danjuma’s brother obtained his Master’s degree from Imperial College London. His sister also studied and graduated from Imperial College London.
In the Sallah period, he is often reunited with his siblings to take part in the celebrations with them. It is true that Danjuma shares an inseparable bond with his sister.
On the subject of his extended family, no information has been available regarding his grandfather and grandmother. On the other hand, records about Danjuma’s uncles and aunts cannot be found on the internet either.
Arnaut Danjuma Net Worth
In the year 2023, what is his expected salary?
In the summer of 2019, the left-winger signed a two-year deal with AFC Bournemouth that entitles him to a salary of 1.2 million euros (1.1 million pounds) a year. We crunched the numbers and found out that he earns €5,949 (£5,307) per day and €248 (£221) per hour![table id=3484 /]
In the course of his career, the Flying Dutchman has played in Holland with NEC, in Belgium with Club Brugge, and in England with AFC Bournemouth. The five-year deal he has with the Premier League club puts his net worth at €7 million (£6.1 million). In the market, the youngster has a market value of approximately €12 million (£10.7 million).
Arnaut Danjuma Stats/ Rating In FIFA 22
Arnaut Danjuma is currently 26 years old, and he plays as a Wide Midfielder for Villarreal CF in Spain. According to FIFA 22, he has an overall rating of 79, with a potential rating of 82. I am pleased to announce that Danjuma has been rated as a 4-star skillmoves player.[table id=3485 /]
With his right foot, he prefers to shoot the ball. According to him, his workrates are High / Medium. According to our database, Danjuma’s height is 178 cm and his weight is estimated to be 74 kg. Currently, Arnaut Danjuma wears the number 15 on his jersey.
- In the aftermath of his parent’s divorce, he briefly became homeless and spent time in foster care.
- He was acquired by PSV in 2008 from TOP Oss; he made his professional debut for Jong PSV in the Eerste Divisie on 7 December 2015, when he replaced Moussa Sanoh after 65 minutes in a 3–0 defeat at home to NAC.
- It was in the summer of 2016 that Danjuma signed for NEC where he was expected to play for the second team. In a 4–0 home defeat to his former club PSV on 10 September.
- He made his debut and made his first Eredivisie appearance as a substitute in the 85th minute for Reagy Ofosu.
- His one goal in 16 appearances in his first season was to open a 2–0 win over Heerenveen on the last day of the season; the team was relegated through the playoffs.
Arnaut Danjuma in Club Brugge
- Danjuma signed a contract with Club Brugge in July 2018. He made his debut for his team on 22 July in the 2018 Belgian Super Cup, assisting them to a 2–1 victory over Standard Liège.
- Ivan Rakitic scored his first goal as a professional against Atlético Madrid in a 9-1 loss in the Europa League group stage on 3 October.
- In his only full season of playing in the Belgian First Division A, he scored five goals, including two in a 3–0 victory over Kortrijk at home on 10 August.
Arnaut Danjuma in AFC Bournemouth
- It was announced on 1 August 2019 that Danjuma had signed a long-term contract with the Premier League club AFC Bournemouth for a fee of £13.7 million.
- On 25 September 2020, he made his debut against Burton Albion in the third round of the EFL Cup, substituting for Dominic Solanke in the 61st minute of a 2–0 home loss against Burton Albion.
- His first goal was scored in a 3–2 win against Blackburn Rovers on 12 September 2020.
- A month after contributing ten goals to the team, Danjuma was awarded the Championship Player of the Month award for the month of April 2021.
- In the end, he won the Bournemouth Player of the Year award after receiving 40% of the supporters’ vote, narrowly beating Asmir Begovic who obtained 38% of the votes.
Arnaut Danjuma with Villarreal
- It is believed that Danjuma joined Villarreal on 19 August 2021 for a fee in the region of 25 million euros, signing a contract that lasts until the end of 2026.
- The striker scored his first goal for the club in a 1-1 draw with the reigning league champions Atlético Madrid on 29 August and his first UEFA Champions League goal in a 2–2 draw against Atalanta on 14 September.
- Having scored a hat-trick in a 4-1 league victory over Granada on 19 February 2022, he also played a part in a home victory against regional rivals Valencia two months later.
- In his first season at Villarreal, Danjuma scored six goals in the Champions League. A brace from him in a 3–2 win over Atalanta on 9 December earned the team a place in the last 16 as they finished second in their group.
- On 6 April 2022, he scored the only goal against Bayern Munich at the Estadio de la Cerámica in the first quarter-finals of the tournament; he missed the second leg of the semi-final elimination by Liverpool because of a muscle injury.
- Arnaut Danjuma was eligible to play for either nation’s national team. In October of last year, Ronald Koeman called him up for the first time for the Dutch national team.
- As a 68th-minute substitute for former Jong PSV teammate Steven Bergwijn in a 3–0 UEFA Nations League home victory over Germany, he made his debut on 13 October in a 3–0 UEFA Nations League home win.
- It took him three days to score his first international goal when he equalized in a 1-1 friendly draw against neighbors Belgium.
- Danjuma has returned to the squad as a replacement for Cody Gakpo after nearly three years without a cap.
- It was on 11 October 2021, during a 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifier, at home to Gibraltar, that he came off the bench and scored in a 6–0 win.
Facts About Arnaut Danjuma
- In the middle of March 2020, Danjuma was taking a walk to Hilton to buy some lunch. Suddenly, 2 police officers stopped their car beside him, one of whom asked him to place his hands on the roof of the car.
- As the player did not know the nature of his crime, he felt embarrassed and frustrated. People were taking pictures of him, which made him even more agitated. As a result, he was wrongfully detained by the police in connection with a murder case he had no knowledge of.
- One of the officers confirmed that he was not the person they were looking for after some time had passed. As a result, he was let go.
- Arnaut Danjuma was born to a mother who was Muslim, which makes his decision to remain steadfast to the Islamic faith even more understandable. Danjuma is a religion that is proud of and he makes sure that he upholds the codes of conduct that are part of his faith.
- Whenever he finds himself in public, he is never ashamed to proclaim his love for Islam.
- Although he is a professional footballer, he usually gives reverence to God every now and then. We can observe how dedicated he is to his prayer life.
- According to his ratings, Danjuma has got the potential to move up to the level of Pedro Neto in the near future. Yes, he has great attacking qualities that qualify him to be the right choice for gamers in the future.
- In the future, we hope that he can build on his strength and heading accuracy as the season progresses.
Danjuma was born in Lagos, Nigeria to a Dutch father and a Nigerian mother. After his parents’ divorce, he was briefly homeless and spent time in foster care.
Netherlands national football team
It is a testament to the character of Danjuma that he never gave up on his dreams despite the hardship he experienced as a child. When he was a child, there was no guarantee that he would succeed. But despite that, he continued training and hoped that he would succeed.
His aspiration became a reality at the end of the day. In this time of adversity, it is heartwarming to know that his mother stood by him no matter what. In addition to Morris, whose father (Cees) ensured that he never stopped training, also deserves some recognition.
As a matter of fact, Danjuma’s entire family is proud to have him as a member of the family. In addition to his rising fame, he has also been able to lift his brother and sister as well as his parents from poverty in the past few years.
We would like to thank you for reading our article on Arnaut Danjuma Childhood Story and his Untold Biography Facts. In the comment section below, please let us know what you think about his profile.